PDA

View Full Version : [NTO Project] MTW2 Demo Custom Battles

Callatian
10-16-2006, 12:03
Enjoy

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=64814

Ferret
10-19-2006, 20:06
Has this been actually made to work without having a load error?

Tamur
10-19-2006, 20:17
No, Sinuhet gave up on it because the pack that the demo runs from is significantly more complex than the Rome demo's was. He's waiting for the second demo (24th Oct, by all accounts) to try that one with the hope it is more easily mod-able.

However, if it takes a few days for that to be modified, we're near the start of November and only a few days away from the full game release. So unless it's miraculously easy to break open, I doubt any demo mods will be available before the full game is.

The Spartan (Returns)
10-21-2006, 01:37
i hope they still do though.

Sinuhet
10-21-2006, 22:12
No, Sinuhet gave up on it because the pack that the demo runs from is significantly more complex than the Rome demo's was. He's waiting for the second demo (24th Oct, by all accounts) to try that one with the hope it is more easily mod-able.

However, if it takes a few days for that to be modified, we're near the start of November and only a few days away from the full game release. So unless it's miraculously easy to break open, I doubt any demo mods will be available before the full game is.

Ave Tamur!

It is proven now that it is not more complex but more beta-like Demo than RTW was. I have isolated the cause of crashing, the missing meshes for some units. In the end, all would be more simple if one could use only logic and dont care for errors of only half-done products .... This was nightmare similar to the missed sprite in RTW mods ...

The solution is now working (i.e. the solution which is known alread yfew days, but the refined desr_battle.txt without the critical units was not available ...) and you can try the first my example which I have released in TWC before a while. Enjoy....

Bye Sinuhet

redriver
11-10-2007, 18:33
the link is b0rked :no: