PDA

View Full Version : night combat

m5000
10-20-2006, 20:18
i was wondering what differences there are between day and night combat in terms of advantages and disadvantages, perhaps some more experienced players could share their knowledge of it

i noticed e.g. that during a night battle my hestati couldn't throw their pilla over a wooden wall at barbarian archers standing behind (i did have a general who could fight at night), normally in daylight they can do something like this - but i'm not sure, it may have been a coincidence and i may have clicked in the wrong place or something

what disadvantages do enemy have if i have a general who can fight at night and start this kind of battle and the enemy general doesn't have the trait? do they have e.g. limited visibility or something like that? lower morale?

Roman_Man#3
10-20-2006, 20:41
i dont know anything about moral, but sight of all units is decreased, and reinforcements cant help. it is a good way to take out a horde in BI, as when you attack another army, the other armies of the horde cant help.

Anubis King
11-30-2006, 17:24
How do you get the trait in the first place?

MSB
11-30-2006, 18:26
How do you get the trait in the first place?
Get a general with 5+ command stars or leave a general in an academy for a few years to learn how.

The rules of night fighting

Captains cannot start a battle at night and nor can they join the battle as re-enforcements.
Generals without the "Night Fighter" trait cannot start a battle at night and they cannot join re-enforcements.
Generals with the "Night Fighter" Trait have the option to start a battle at night and they can join as re-enforcements.
You can't see very far and neither can the enemy
Missile troops (appear) to be less accurate.
The Night Fighter trait allows the one with it to fight at night as re-enforcements or to start the battle at night.
5+ command stars causes the general to automatically gain the "Night Fighter" trait.
If you decide to start a battle at night the general who has the trait gains +1 command.

Hun Sárkány
11-30-2006, 23:34
Which effects are really, really pointless in the first place. Unless you are fighting a horde and it's many stacks of warriors, that is.

Anubis King
12-01-2006, 16:04
lol but its cool

Philippus Flavius Homovallumus
12-02-2006, 22:10
The more night battles a general fights the higher his command rating goes. It can get up to plus 4, which is a real bonus and means he's usually full ten or at least nine.

Anubis King
12-03-2006, 19:22
what I really want to do is find out how to do the give_trait cheat and have an army of gerenals that attack at night all the time.