PDA

View Full Version : New Demo

Aracnid
10-24-2006, 18:39
I know this has been mentioned on other threads but how many people have pre-ordered and from where, and how many have got the email? I have pre-ordered from Amazon.co.uk and havn't heard anything apart from the confermation order I got after I ordered.

Duncan_Hardy
10-24-2006, 19:51
I'm in exactly the same position as you... and rather annoyed to boot.

Templar Knight
10-24-2006, 19:56
Amazon seem to have taken the demo info off their site, perhaps something happened between them and Sega.

Dave1984
10-24-2006, 21:43
Amazon seem to have taken the demo info off their site, perhaps something happened between them and Sega.

Would be nice of them to let us loyal customers know!

Aracnid
10-24-2006, 21:47
Even if they emailed me to say I wasn't getting I would be glad because atm I keep havng the urge to check my email, that's why I am here, I was watching Scarface upstairs on the TV (DVD) but I came down to check my mail!!

Dave1984
10-24-2006, 21:50
Even if they emailed me to say I wasn't getting I would be gald because atm I keep havng the urge to check my email, that's why I am here, I was watching Scarface upstairs on the TV (DVD) but I came down to check my mail!!

Aye, it's always nice to know whats happening.

Amazon have been extremely unprofessional in all my dealings with them recently- I wonder if they are under new management? Anyone know?

Amon_Zeth
10-24-2006, 21:58
I just talked to Amazon tech support, and they're all saying they never offered a demo. What's up with that? :furious3:

Dave1984
10-24-2006, 22:00
I just talked to Amazon tech support, and they're all saying they never offered a demo. What's up with that? :furious3:

Hahaha anyone get a screenshot before today?

*Ringo*
10-24-2006, 22:07
I haven't pre-ordered myself but feel sure I saw the demo offer on the co.uk site. Perhaps u guys should petition amazon. Failing that, cancel your order and get it from somewhere else! (that'll learn 'em)

Aracnid
10-24-2006, 22:07
Oh well even if they're not doing it someone else clearly is and it'll be allover the internet in a couple of days.

Amon_Zeth
10-24-2006, 22:08
Hahaha anyone get a screenshot before today?

That'd be great evidence... :D

ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88
10-24-2006, 22:08
I pre-ordered it from EB games and never heard anything about a 2nd Demo. Nothing from Amazon ethier, so I'm not sure..

Don Jacopo Caldora
10-24-2006, 22:42
I haven't pre-ordered myself but feel sure I saw the demo offer on the co.uk site. Perhaps u guys should petition amazon. Failing that, cancel your order and get it from somewhere else! (that'll learn 'em)
I could be wrong, but my understanding of this preview thing is that the demo was offered via the amazon.co.uk site, not the US based amazon.com for preorders. It is only a 48 hour window to download early before a general release of the demo to the public.

Aracnid
10-24-2006, 22:45
Your wrong, I live in London, I have ordered with Amazon.co.uk and have heard nada. I thought that mayby i had been only .com because all the people with it seem to live in the us

Duncan_Hardy
10-24-2006, 23:11
I live in the UK and ordered on Amazon UK, but have received no information. It may of course be that only the first x number of people to pre-order get it and the rest don't (i.e. there was a quota in the agreement).

Amon_Zeth
10-25-2006, 00:53
Your wrong, I live in London, I have ordered with Amazon.co.uk and have heard nada. I thought that mayby i had been only .com because all the people with it seem to live in the us

Nah, I live in the US and they shafted me too.

Quid
10-25-2006, 09:44
Pre-order frenzy is gripping the Total War community. In partnership with Amazon.co.uk we are now able to offer a juicy bonus for those who have pre-ordered via the site - AN ENHANCED MEDIEVAL II DEMO!

On October 24th at 9 am UK time anyone who has pre-ordered Medieval II via Amazon.co.uk will receive an email detailing access to the new demo, which features the awe inspiring Battle of Otumba! For the first time witness the clash of two great civilisations as the Spanish clash with the exotic Aztec Empire!

This email is what I received from TotalWar.com earlier this week (20.10.2006). Obviously, either we all got shafted or there was some sort of misunderstanding. I have yet to hear from amazon.co.uk.

No matter, we will get it anyway at some stage. Whether it's a few days earlier or later is really of little consequence.

Quid

The Blind King of Bohemia
10-25-2006, 09:55
Amazon/SEGA have blatantly misadvertised here. Many pre-ordered the game purely on this basis and its just wrong that they have done this. Over 24 hours and still nothing and CA haven't even posted on the com to tell us what's going on, its disgraceful.

Quid
10-25-2006, 10:50
HA!!! Talking of the devil!

Hi fellow gamer,

As a thank you for pre-ordering Medieval 2: Total War from Amazon.co.uk, you can now download the exclusive Medieval 2: Total War demo.

Click on the link below to be directed to Sega's download page, and when prompted, enter the following:

Quid

Orda Khan
10-25-2006, 10:58
Amazon/SEGA have blatantly misadvertised here. Many pre-ordered the game purely on this basis and its just wrong that they have done this. Over 24 hours and still nothing and CA haven't even posted on the com to tell us what's going on, its disgraceful.
I have always had good service from Amazon......when purchasing books. My experience when pre-ordering BI was anything but and one reason I will never pre-order again.
When BI was lowered in price (this includes Amazon) I expected to receive the game with an adjusted invoice. A few days after release my copy had still not arrived and I was now unable to cancel because it was being 'processed'. Eventually it did arrive and to my horror the invoice quoted the original advertised price (I believe it was £27.99) even though Amazon had been advertising the lower price for quite some time and that in a local game shop it was priced at £19.99!!!
In fairness, returning the game was not a problem and I stated the 'cheaper elsewhere' option. In short I had been overcharged and had to wait about 4 days after general release to receive my pre-order.
Bad business ethics, their actions were not rewarding early ordering, in fact the opposite was the case

......Orda

Lord of the Isles
10-25-2006, 11:20
Just received an email from amazon 70 mins ago:

Hi fellow gamer,

As a thank you for pre-ordering Medieval 2: Total War from Amazon.co.uk, you can now download the exclusive Medieval 2: Total War demo.

Click on the link below to be directed to Sega's download page, and when prompted, enter the following:

The download page has a username and password associated with it.
I preordered the game from amazon.co.uk btw. Downloading now.

Aracnid
10-25-2006, 15:01
Goddam this is annoying I really should be at work not doing this!

Duncan_Hardy
10-25-2006, 15:46
Got my mail today. It contained the text already posted by others. Not too impressed with the download speed :furious3: But at least they haven't falsely advertised.

Aracnid, given that you're in the same position as me I'd guess you'll get your mail soon.

Aracnid
10-25-2006, 18:31
Still seen nothing, god this is annoying!

Puzz3D
10-25-2006, 19:19
Goddam this is annoying I really should be at work not doing this!
OMG. You stayed home from work for this?

LadyAnn
10-25-2006, 19:42
Now that's call dedication :)

Annie

Prodigal
10-27-2006, 14:29
Just received an email from amazon 70 mins ago:

The download page has a username and password associated with it.
I preordered the game from amazon.co.uk btw. Downloading now.

Just pre-ordered now, out of interest is the amazon demo any different to the demo available from gamespy & the like? That has two historical battles available on it btw.