PDA

View Full Version : Hw requirement help

tootee
11-26-2006, 17:57
Hi guys, need some feedback. I read that 4v4 is impossible due to lag, is 3v3 smooth? So far i have only able to play 1v1.. i need to upgrade my h/w :sweatdrop:

What is the minimum requirement for smooth 3v3 currently? (i assume with patch 4v4 will be ok)?

Currently i am using P4 prescott 2.8GHz + gf 5900xt + 1GB ram.

Not sure if I just need to upgrade to a better gfx card, or need to upgrade even my cpu to a dual core?

Anyone with similiar h/w able to play smooth 2v2?

Thanks.

Monarch
11-26-2006, 20:15
Its not all about your pc. All the PCs in the game have to be very good to play 3v3 lagless.

tootee
11-27-2006, 10:06
The PC spec of those who have 3v3 lagless is greatly appreciated :bow:

UglyandHasty
11-27-2006, 15:20
I played a couple of lagless 3vs3, but also played 3vs3 full lag. I guess it depend on the players you play with. I have CPU 3.4 Ghx, 1 gig ram, 256 meg Video card. I can host lagless 2vs2, i didnt try bigger yet.

edit. all my video setting are to minimum. It really help.

Kronos
11-28-2006, 03:53
Well I can play 4v4 with minimal if any lag and my pc's 2 years old:laugh4:
I currently have a p4 3.0ghz, 1gb ddr 400 ram, ati radeon X300SE 128mb graphics card (gonna need to get a better one to play with good settings in mp), but that works for me fine in 4v4's although i do get the warning that my pc can't handle it at around 4000 men it doesn't seem to make much of a difference playing a game with 6000 men.

the 2 things that make the biggest difference to performance are shadows (u should always have these off or on lowest unless u have a very good pc) and if your using an athlon mp is pretty much outta the question atm until CA fixes that. But if you've got something similar to that then u should have no probs playing 4v4 as long as your playing with reputable ppl who u know have a good intel pc, and haven't put their settings higher than they can handle.

tootee
11-28-2006, 06:34
Well I can play 4v4 with minimal if any lag and my pc's 2 years old:laugh4:
I currently have a p4 3.0ghz, 1gb ddr 400 ram, ati radeon X300SE 128mb graphics card (gonna need to get a better one to play with good settings in mp), but that works for me fine in 4v4's although i do get the warning that my pc can't handle it at around 4000 men it doesn't seem to make much of a difference playing a game with 6000 men.

the 2 things that make the biggest difference to performance are shadows (u should always have these off or on lowest unless u have a very good pc) and if your using an athlon mp is pretty much outta the question atm until CA fixes that. But if you've got something similar to that then u should have no probs playing 4v4 as long as your playing with reputable ppl who u know have a good intel pc, and haven't put their settings higher than they can handle.

really?

i have a p4 2.8GHz, 1GB ddr400, nvidia fx5900XT 128MB, and i cant even play 2v2 online w/o lag (with lowest setting). hmm.. maybe its not me since i didnt try again.

tried custom 4v4, but frame-rate is very bad.. so it seems all i need to do is upgrade my gfx to a better card?

Kronos
11-28-2006, 17:05
Yeah that should do it i think. it's kind of hard to configure the settings if your not playing on absolute minimum tho, as I've played 2v2's with anistropic w/e it is x4, #2 shaders and bloom, unit detail/grass/buldings on highest, antaliasing x2 and genrally fairly good settings like those (minus shadows which I'll always keep to none) with minimal lag, however if i were to try it in a 3v3 my fps drops to 4 lol

But on absolute minimum settings which i'm currently playing mp on (bilinear etc)
i don't get any lag in 3v3's and 4v4's unless it's someone elses fault. U can tell if it's you or someone else as the camera movement is laggy as well. There's another possibility that it's your internet connection, but even 1mb should be enough I would imagine.

tootee
11-29-2006, 18:57
How i wish CA can just post the minimum requirement for a lagless 4v4 online, everywhere i look, its mostly about minimum for SP, and the battles are not going to be massive 8 full armies..

I will :wall: if I upgrade my gfx to a 7600GT which can't allow me to play 4v4..

tootee
12-03-2006, 09:07
:wall: .. i upgraded my gfx to 7600GT 256mb.. still getting super low frame-rate on 4v4 custom.. can only managed 2v2 with medium setting..

seems like for above 2v2 definitely need faster cpu..

my configuration
p4 2.8GHz, 1GB DDR400 dual channel, 80GB sata, 7600GT AGP 8x, nvidia driver 93.71
~:mecry: