PDA

View Full Version : CA Oz releases modding files!

Epistolary Richard
12-04-2006, 21:19
https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=73971

Thorn Is
12-04-2006, 21:30
Thanks CA
:beam:

Bwian
12-04-2006, 21:33
Now if that isn't a nice early Christmas present, then I don't know what is!

Some of the files look pretty familiar, and seem to have very much the same format as RTW. Mention in the units file of 'chariots' seems to indicate it was developed from the old file. There is no evidence that there actually are chariots in the game ( though I hope we can add some ).

The animation sets are put together the same way, though they do have more complex movements and there are more to choose from. Including one for blunt trauma weapons.... so axes hammers and maces will be correctly used. Hopefully we will be able to make some changes here.

Can't wait to get inside the packs and have a proper look around :book:

Thorn Is
12-04-2006, 21:44
Most of it is very similar to RTW (which i was planning on)
one thing I find very interesting is modding the missions
:2thumbsup:
with the double turns per round it would be neat to lower the action points in the character files and make the missions longer - and building times longer
desc_faction_standings is very interesting
the xml files are confusing me a bit I must admit (seems we could edit revolts as well)
it seems CA lived up to their promise of making MTW II very modable

Myrddraal
12-05-2006, 02:53
yes :thumbsup:

Malachus
12-05-2006, 05:01
This is definitely sweet... can we simply include these files in the imperial_campaign folder to be able to implement their changes?

I haven't modded anything in RTW since like.... two years ago, so I can't remember.