PDA

View Full Version : Pagan Danes (Need Testers & Testing)

d1ng0d0g
12-06-2006, 16:20
I've written a small mini-mod (find out how to load mods elsewhere on the forums) that should change the Danes into Pagans.

It uses witches, heretics and inquisitor figures as their priests, and it uses orthodox churches as pagan temples.

Unfortunately due to being absent for a few days from any computer but the non-game capable one at work, I would like it if someone else tests it.

Anyways, without much further talk

Pagan Danes Mod (http://rapidshare.com/files/6327845/mymod.zip.html)

I merely changed the priests of the danes in the desc_character.txt file and copied the orthodox church line and changed it to working for pagan religion and changed it for danes only.

Dingo

d1ng0d0g
12-06-2006, 17:46
Found myself some 15 minutes to test the game and here's the result of the quick test.

What I changed works, but there's some glitches and oversights.

I need to change some territories in the desc_strat.txt file to have a larger population of pagans.

And I need to change the graphics back to the catholic ones (for buildings) as the orthodox ones aren't available to the Danes.

But otherwise I figured out how to change religion ...

WHEEE, my first mod ever.

Dingo

Sky
12-06-2006, 18:07
How do you change the graphics so that they appear? For example, if a unit like Gothic Knights is unavailable to Danes, and you edit the unit file to let you build them, they are invisible in the battle map. Do you know how to make them appear?

d1ng0d0g
12-06-2006, 18:20
The graphics aren't available, but for buildings it uses placeholder pictures.

To fix that, open the export_descr_buildings.txt file and change the church series that only mentions denmark as the possible builder... and remove the "_o" from the different churches.

You'll get normal catholic buildings, but they work for pagan conversion.

But now I've bumped into a new problem..

I have changed mymod/data/world/maps/base/region_desc.txt for Arhus to be more pagan, but it seems that it still takes the values from the normal campaign.

Does anyone know where I'm going wrong here ?

How do you change the graphics so that they appear? For example, if a unit like Gothic Knights is unavailable to Danes, and you edit the unit file to let you build them, they are invisible in the battle map. Do you know how to make them appear?

I'm sorry Sky, but I've got no clue how to shift units around yet. I'm affraid that we'll have to wait for the unpacker to actually mod that (copy the pictures of units into a different factions folder)

Dingo