PDA

View Full Version : disvovering America?

tobigforyou
12-07-2006, 02:53
how do i do it? when do I do it. and what ships do I use?

beauchamp
12-07-2006, 03:37
I wanna know too....

lars573
12-07-2006, 06:20
Get to the year 1400. Then you can go to America.

Ice
12-07-2006, 07:02
You have to have the highest level of dockyards/ships and an explorers guild.

Fisherking
12-07-2006, 07:40
You need caravels, which will become available when the world is round...from what ever that dockyard is called:dizzy2:

Then go to the southern end of Ireland and sail west for about 5 turns. You should wind up around Cuba. You can find everything else from there.:book:

geala
12-07-2006, 09:14
You don't need especially caravels. Not every faction has access to caravels. You can use caravels, carracks or great carracks (don't know the muslim ships).

You get a message around 1400 (c. turn 160 in vanilla version) that the world is round. A black region appears in the west of the campaign map. You can build a dockyard where you can build carracks etc. which can cross the high seas. (As Spain you can use also caravels which can be build in the second last tier of harbour after the message that the world is round).

Sail to the west. I don't want to say more; it should be exploring, shouldn't it?

Take several ships and bring two or more stacks of your best armies with young generals. Recruit indian auxilliaries a lot. The Aztecs are really tough enemies.

dopp
12-07-2006, 14:22
I like how the Aztecs are tough. I thought they would be there simply for the player bulldoze over with superior Western military technology; relive the legend of Cortez conquering 20 million barbaric savages with 10 of his best drinking buddies and one rusty cannon. Instead the Aztecs actually have better stats than most of my elite troops...

troymclure
12-07-2006, 15:01
If you're playing as the portugese (and i'm presuming the spanish) once you get to the america's you can recruit conquistadores there. Which are better than anythnig else you can get your hands on. Tis a nice bonus. :P

lars573
12-07-2006, 16:02
I like how the Aztecs are tough. I thought they would be there simply for the player bulldoze over with superior Western military technology; relive the legend of Cortez conquering 20 million barbaric savages with 10 of his best drinking buddies and one rusty cannon. Instead the Aztecs actually have better stats than most of my elite troops...
That's because it was Cortez and his drinking buddies, plus several non-rusty cannons. 500 Spainish mercs on foot with muskets and on horses with lances. Oh yeah, and 100000 native allies.

econ21
12-07-2006, 22:45
No need for three threads on the same page asking the same question. Let's keep discussion in the first thread on the subject:

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=72011