PDA

View Full Version : How i can add units to the factions??

carricanta
12-08-2006, 22:34
Hello and sorry for my bad english!

I bought the game and it was installed in spanish language, but the files with the unit´s description are vanished :laugh4: .
Ok, i download the Epistolary Richard´s files but i have a little trouble with de modifications:

Could somebody say me how i can add units?

For instance: i want to recruit highlanders for the spanish crown.

Thanks a lot and i repeat, sorry for my bad grammar.:sweatdrop:

Bye

Sky
12-09-2006, 12:52
In the export_desc_units file, you find the Highlanders info and add spain to the "owned" and the periods fields. Unfortunatley they don't show up on the battlefield though (they're invisible) because the genius developers decided to make a folder for each faction so they have "unique" units.

carricanta
12-10-2006, 15:36
Yes, thanks a lot!

We need two files more, one for the buildings/events and the other for to change de "skeletons". This are the three basics files to mod the units, but in this game we haven´t the "skeletons" files, only we have the skeletons for the agents (princess,merchants...).

Thanks!:beam:

methoz
12-10-2006, 23:17
i add my selected units for russia and dont orks - game work fine,but my selected "unique" units isnt in game :(

Musashi
12-11-2006, 09:32
My impression is that we don't need to copy the models... It's just that the game is loading the models in with no textures, because the game automatically tries to find faction specific textures for the unit if it's not flagged mercenary, and when it can't find them you just end up with an invisible model (No textures).

Which means that it should be utterly trivial to fix... Just do a little manipulation of some tga files... But of course we need the files first...

carricanta
12-11-2006, 11:55
And them...
What´s the correct tree for the files and folders?
because i had mod these files but without success.
Thanks a lot:beam: