PDA

View Full Version : Weekly Blog #1 Discussion

alpaca
12-18-2006, 18:04
All discussion about the first blog (Provincial Titles Project) should go in here :)

Maizel
12-18-2006, 18:51
Alpaca, Very, very impressive work of you and your team.

Though one question. Will the AI be able to give the titles away?

It just seems cool to fight some Duke of Something, to me.

alpaca
12-18-2006, 19:34
Currently, this is only for the player. We're planning to create a much simpler system for the AI (probably something on the lines of a life-long trait for the first governor of the city, like the BI system) though, and it may be available for the initial release if all goes well.

Solo
12-18-2006, 19:51
On a gameplay point of view, and even if that script is player oriented, there will be a compensation of some sort for the AI that's for sure.

paullus
12-18-2006, 23:25
cool! the promise of greater complication in the full version is very, very enticing. good for immersion. i'll be looking forward to more of these blogs!

Dearmad
12-19-2006, 20:48
Nice idea,hope it goes well.

If I understand its purpose, and not to steal away its fire and thunder, there are two mods like this out there right now- I did the artwork for one of them and some of it for another:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=955

and the other is located in this list:
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=7

Solo
12-19-2006, 21:27
Well, the result achieved for vanilla will probably be pretty similar although we use scripting choice and that ancillaries are only used for displaying the emblems (so they dont impact on stats as the general only retain a nominal claim to a lost region/title).
I'd point that I opened my thread about heraldry rather early (less than a week after game release or so) so you don't steal away any fire and thunder no worries even if the further developements and merging with alpaca's project were done behind closed doors :)

alpaca
12-19-2006, 21:40
Also note that the system that is used by rawghi is the BI system, it is feature-wise a lot less-developed than the system we devised (e.g. you don't lose the title when you lose the settlement) ;)

Maizel
12-21-2006, 22:29
Are you planning to add other titles otehr than regionals?

Like Offices?? Master of The Stable. Constable of Blabla. Stuff like that?

Like a region, spawning a second title after a certain building is constructed. And being able to combine offices and regional titles like you could in MTW?

shifty157
12-21-2006, 23:14
Yes we are looking into doing just that for the MA version of the PTP as well as other official faction specific titles like 'Armiger Regis' for Leon-Castile.

Cataphract_Of_The_City
12-22-2006, 02:47
Excellent addition! I can machinate like a proper Byzantine emperor giving out titles to my generals/diplomats/spies/priests. I hope you will try at least to make some of those fanciful Byzantine title. You could also try ranks. Turmarches of the Excubitores sure sounds cool!

shifty157
12-22-2006, 03:20
Excellent addition! I can machinate like a proper Byzantine emperor giving out titles to my generals/diplomats/spies/priests. I hope you will try at least to make some of those fanciful Byzantine title.

You bet! Thats what we're shooting for.