PDA

View Full Version : Gulay Gorod and War Wagons

luthurram24
12-19-2006, 20:45
Has anyone figured out if these can be made functional? I've modded them into the game, but they seem to only be crossbow units, and I can't figure out if there just isn't a wagon animation or what? Anyone here have any ideas?

luthurram24
12-20-2006, 00:31
I see the war_wagon attribute too...does this do anything?

methoz
12-20-2006, 00:51
yes.... our BOHEMIAN wagon fort (nothing war wagon) dont work for me and many other peoples..

Musashi
12-20-2006, 02:35
They were probably supposed to have the wagon attached like a siege engine...

methoz
12-22-2006, 14:44
nothing news?

Musashi
12-22-2006, 23:44
Yeah, the actual wagon siege engines aren't in the game, so there's no way we can implement them. At least not as far as I can find.

I'm kind of hoping CA will implement all the wagon types in a future patch, they'd be invaluable for my mod.

Burns
12-23-2006, 01:23
https://img222.imageshack.us/img222/8658/warwagonsaa5.jpg

tsubame
12-26-2006, 14:09
Burns, great work ! Are they downloadable somewhere ? How can I add them to my mod ?

Andromachus Theodoulos
12-26-2006, 16:00
As far as I could tell these are available only through the Battle Editor. They are found under the section of field fortifications, but they are not a unit per se, just a model to bring in, like stakes, buildings etc...

Maybe there is a way you could attach the model to a unit of crossbowmen or handgunners and have the model show up like the stakes do for longbowmen, but the wagons would not move or anything...

I was really looking forward to using the wagons until I found out you can't employ them, as far as I can tell right now.

You can make custom battle maps with these as a field fortification through.

AT

tsubame
12-26-2006, 16:36
Thanks AT.

In Rome TW it was possible to change the animals attached to chariots,
I wonder if there is a way to make the contrary, to add this chariot to
a MTW2 horse. But if it doesn't move, it doesn't move... :no:

Burns
12-26-2006, 17:17
I am yet again inclined to believe that CA had a unit in mind but was not able to implement it properly. it shows that they at least had a working idea behind it and did actually make models and code them. I expect to see it in the expansion.

Nevertheless I do think there might be a way to get it into a mod by creating a new fort plan, aside from that Im not sure.

Headlocked
01-07-2007, 17:00
If I rememeber correctly, the Hussite wagons were set up at the start of the battle. The Horses were corralled inside them.

They served as field fortifications, as described, and had to be attacked because they held cannon that could bombard an army that just stood off.

The wagons did not move while the battle raged, and once the attacks failed, the MEN would leave the w-fort and attack.

ie
1) The wagons were static;
-So there is no need for horses (in the game)- they would just get in the way.

2) They were a fortification;
-But there could be up to a dozen of them on a real battlefield....

3) Attacking them was EXTREMELY difficult. Artillary barrages were answered by the cannons within, and the gunners were very very good.

Due to the broken-up and mobile nature of the wagon-fort, with gaps and a disjointed geometry (if you will) traditional siege tactics were useless- ladders, rams, etc. Also, a rerserve of wagons was held within,to replace ones destroyed by cannon fire, In Battle.
Also, wagons could be pulled aside at any point (by men or horses) & at any time to create a sally gate to counter attack the enemy form the side.

These things were pretty much invincible, with trained men and good leaders, which the Hussites had in abundance. It was their internal politics that did for them in the end, with some vicious civil wars between the moderates and extremists.

I suspect that isone reason why CA did not use them in the end- their invincibility.

Cheers,
HDD