PDA

View Full Version : Are you unsatisfied with the missile and charge damage in RTW?

Vuk
12-20-2006, 03:52
Do you think the missile and charge damage is to low in RTW? I for one do (which is why I am making RTE :D).

pevergreen
12-20-2006, 05:31
Cav can just run round pwning everyone. Missiles own as well. HA smack everyone.

Vuk
12-20-2006, 13:24
Dude, cav could plow through enemies in real life. It was the impact of the charge that did it, the cav weren't super men. In RTW they have HP and attack of cav too high and CD to low. It should be balanced out to be more realistic.
As for missile damage, it did a lot more in real life. Your tactics would need to be a bit different when fighting more powerfull achers (more realistic), but it would not make them uber. Also, as with the CD, MD is very unbalanced.

MSB
12-20-2006, 19:45
In my opinion cavalry should have had rubbish attack, but an extremely powerful charge.

As for archers I feel that they were fine the way that they were.

Caius
12-20-2006, 22:23
Where is :gah: here?

Afkazar
12-20-2006, 23:26
Parthian Compound bows used by the cav archers could punch through roman sheilds and armor as witnessed in the real battle of carrhae.This game isnt realistic but its hella fun.
And i have lost against gaul when i had an all cav army(macedon) that was an MP defeat that i hit myself for.

Vuk
12-20-2006, 23:46
In my opinion cavalry should have had rubbish attack, but an extremely powerful charge.

As for archers I feel that they were fine the way that they were.

I agree: lower than infanty attack, and super high charge.
As for archers though, I must disagree. Certain bow were a lot more powerful than portrade in that game, and, believe it or not, I think it is the slingers that are the most underpowered.

Ivanhoe_rus
12-21-2006, 08:21
Hi, all
I've started to play R:TW not so long ago but what can I say regarding this - 1st I feel that auxilliary archers do perform good on the battlefield - I always have 2-3 of them within the army - they possess a real threat to any unit. Balearic slingers are just superb if you combine 3-4 units in one place where it's somehow problematic to reach them. As for horsebowmen it can be triggerered but paying attention to the details and not loosing balance, as otherwise you'll screw up all other troop with 2-3 horsebowmen, which by the way were deadly after using archers with swords. So far I feel that might be just the way the charge is should be changed a while as history gives us examples of how military horses behaved in attack - they bite and strike with front legs so crushing first rows but not the way the cavalry is threw out the saddles now.

Fate
12-21-2006, 14:08
Ive been playing RTG, so i couldnt compare, though on that, as the Ilberians, pretty much every army i have is 90% horse and missile.
Been playing vanilla BI, and ive had no problems with missile or cavalry on that.

Phoenix
12-22-2006, 00:50
Oops, I meant to vote no but accidentally voted yes. I'm more or less fine with the damage that cavalry does in a charge but I think they have too much staying power (excluding the Cataphracts and maybe Companions). As for missiles, archers do too much damage while slingers and javelins do too little, IMO.

SSJVegetaTrunks
12-22-2006, 05:19
Archers should be a little better. About charges, I think the bonus attack is fine the way it is, but is there any way just to make a bonus morale effect? Cavalry should be more expensive, have weaker attack, and have a higher charge bonus I think, as well.