PDA

View Full Version : Where's the CPU player in LAN MP-?

deadENDER
12-20-2006, 19:13
I might be dumb here but where do I add the AI player in a LAN battle? It allows me to set a difficulty level for the AI but I can't seem to add an AI player. It's probably obvious but I righ-clicked and clicked on every little picture- or at least Ithought i did.

THANKS

Stig
12-20-2006, 19:21
it's out of MTW2

deadENDER
12-20-2006, 19:26
ARGH! I love to play lan with my son. He and I teaming up against the AI. He's too young to play online with all the morons on gamespy. Frankly, I see this as a *Bug* and can't understand why they would take it out.

Monarch
12-20-2006, 20:04
Well the AI is a complete idiot mate. How young is your son? If he's actual not a bad player (please don't take offense, I just mean that young people don't tend to excel at strategy games vs older people) then do get online.

Multiplayer is multiplayer. I guess CA think custom battles are for games vs ai.

deadENDER
12-20-2006, 20:42
My son is 9 and a decent player. He beats me but of course that's not saying much. We're both learning. I played RTW online quite a bit and some of the racist, sexist nonsense people engage in is over the top. Whenever I played RTW online with my son and his friend, we would play in an uncrowded lobby or lock the members. It's certainly fun online and we'll probably play some in the future but it's also a pleasure to work as a team against the AI. Maybe I'm too victorian but I like my game in a corset sometimes. :laugh4: especially when playing with my son. Besides, he and I would like to do some joint venture testing of units with the AI and that'll have to be done sharing a monitor.

Stig
12-21-2006, 02:05
Aye, today I heard of the first flamers/swearers. If more of this happens I'll gladly start sending names to CA, as they now can be banned by emailadres, ofcourse they can make new ones, but they will get bored before I do.
So I think you can consider yourself warned, the chat was closed down in RTW, and I won't let it happen again, I rather have all members banned.
People deadENDER actually care about the kids, and try to protect them, if some 14 year old (if you're 14 I'm sorry, I just picked an age, I could also have gone for 15, 16 , 17 or 72) wants to ruin that, I'm not letting that happen, people should be nice to eachother, there is enough hate in this world as it is

[/ peacefull rant]
*smokes weed and makes peace sign*

but for once I actually meant this, even tho I drunk about 10 beers

deadENDER
12-21-2006, 03:23
I'm not totally sure I understand your reply . . . are you a MP admin/moderator? Or are you referring to the forums here?

And in either case, does this go for screen names as well? Last night I was playing an MP game (not RTW or MTW2) where one of the players had this screen name : *untpunch. Now I was totally repulsed by this and this MP game of course has kids on it all the time. My 9 year old doesn't even now what that means but it doesn't matter, it's totally disrespectful and socially violent. You might ask what game it was and I don't have a problem telling you but that's not the point- it has nothing to do with the game. I've seen sexually explicit names on RTW too.

My point is: Why take out the CPU feature? It spoiled a fun factor. I liked having the AI when I needed it. I played RTW ALOT online and was invited to multiple clans BUT if i want to play with my son on a large battle over the lan, I could do that. Now I can't. Dumb. And if we want to *learn* tactics, it's so much easier to start with the ai then have to work with a group of people who you don't know and can't speak to.

Of course, I'll get over it. My son and I had a great time today playing against each other. (We did an all art battle- laughed my butt off. He smartly choose rockets and flamed me up pretty bad!) M2TW is still a hoot and I don't regret buying it.

Stig
12-21-2006, 12:30
I'm not totally sure I understand your reply . . . are you a MP admin/moderator? Or are you referring to the forums here?
Nope but I got quite a big influence over at .com ~D , when Shogun reads my PMs
besides when enough people complain, or enough people abuse the lobby chat get closed down, happened twice with RTW

And in either case, does this go for screen names as well?
That's done by Gamespy, tho I think they will have some kind of filter to prevent these names from happening

Heinrich VI
12-28-2006, 01:07
i am too dissapointed that the AI was taken out of MP for m2tw. sure the AI has its limits but fighting multiple huge AI stacks with 2 human players was challenging and most important fun! reducing features is never a good idea in my book and especially since this is not very hard to code. the AI is already in and you can challenge it alone in custom battle. lets hope the upcoming patch fixes this!

deadENDER
12-28-2006, 01:26
Thank you Heinrich! Does CA read these threads? What's the best way of asking for this feature to be returned?

Yun Dog
12-28-2006, 02:01
I agree deadEnder I think this a feature MP games need to have. I lobbied hard for it to be included back in the pre RTW days. Yes I also agree that the AI is little challenge for experienced players. But its the same in custom battles which hasnt been nerfed, and for beginners learning to play MP its an invaluable training tool. A new player will find the AI challenging. I recently had a game of RTW with a friend - new to the game - and we beefed up the units we gave the AI, and it dealt it to our poorly organised attack. If that was a human player in place of the AI the likelihood is the new player walks and doesnt come back for a second try. I guess its a pride thing. Why would you take away a game feature - no matter how necessary you thought it to be. Just doesnt make sense.

Jochi Khan
12-28-2006, 18:15
Yunus Dogus

I totally agree with your statements. How many newcomers have sat playing against the AI before venturing Online. I know that I spent quite a few hours practicing before even considering logging on.

This is one feature that has to be brought back into the multipayer game.

deadENDER
12-28-2006, 18:54
So does anyone know how to "formally" (if there is such a thing) request this feature to return to m2tw?

HaroldVonBraver
12-28-2006, 20:16
I would also love for this feature to be included into M2TW. I was very dissappointed to find out after I purchased the game that there wasn't any AI in custom LAN battles.