PDA

View Full Version : Vices & Virtues FIXES v1.0 released!

Sarastro
12-20-2006, 22:07
IF YOU

Want a fix for Assassins, Princesses, Diplomats who lose all trait points on a single failed mission

Want Princesses who come of age with Charm, and Charm / Fertility character traits which mean you don't have to put up with Wife Is A Wretch on every General you have.

Want Admirals who don't automatically spawn with one single command star which makes their fleets unmergable, and Admirals who gain command stars from winning battles.

Want Family Members who aren't a total liability when governors.

Want hundreds of fixed character traits and triggers so that your characters actions actually affect who they are, like it was meant to work...

DON'T WANT any other gameplay changes...

Download the Vices & Virtues FIXES v1.2 (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/local_links.php?catid=135)

Full details at the link above, Enjoy!

UPDATE: v1.2 released!

Mailman653
12-21-2006, 19:07
Sounds quite interesting, d/l now =D

Monkson
12-22-2006, 17:13
How did this work for you guys?

Sarastro
12-24-2006, 19:39
Very interested in any feedback / bugs / requests anyone might have. v1.1 will be coming in the next few days and should finish up the traits (there were more broken than I thought). v1.2 will then address ancilliaries.

Sarastro
12-28-2006, 16:54
Shameless update bump /cough.

v1.1 released, see top post

Monkson
12-31-2006, 05:10
I am a very casual player but I have noticed some things about this that I like...Good job!

Revenant
01-02-2007, 03:54
Hello, nice fix you have done:)

But I think conditions for getting "bad disciplinarian" trait may be bugged. I get it after several successfull battles, where in no way 50 percent of my troops routed. I think the condition is maybe connected to number of enemy routed, instead of players troops:

xxx
Trigger battle6
WhenToTest PostBattle

Condition IsGeneral
and PercentageRoutedOffField > 50

Affects BadDisciplinarian 2 Chance 30
xxx

I do not know much about conditions in export_descr_character_traits.txt file, but this may be the problem. No other trait or ancillary uses "PercentageRoutedOffField " condition.

bubba_ho-tep
01-02-2007, 05:15
Sarastro,

Is your V&V fix compatible with other V&V fixes such as Medifix?

Cheers,

rory_20_uk
01-03-2007, 00:11
Excellent mod there. Nice, small and to the point. I hope that this will be added to many of the larger mods as it does one thing really well.

I'm using it with MTW2: Regnum Dei, and so far so good. I've been waiting to get MTW2 until there was an official patich and them some decent mods before purchasing, as the "official" release of games seem to increasingly be late betas.

Roll on 1.2!!! :thumbsup:

~:smoking:

Sarastro
01-11-2007, 22:30
Sorry, been busy and without internets, replies:

Revenant, issue noticed and fixed - it was actually autoresolves which messed it up, clearly something odd goes on with routing / withdrawing there. Upped thresholds and made trigger appear only on losing battles. Still testing it, you are right, something is odd about that condition, but it does apply to the general's army accoring to CA, not the enemy. I think the definition of 'routed' may be borked, and apply to withdrawing, etc. It is working tolerably well at the moment, however.

Bubba, no it isn't. However, it does fix everything in Medifix and more, though it doesn't water down bad traits. Up to you which you prefer :beam:

Rory, thank you, and plenty of the larger mods already using it. May also be combining it with a popular titles mod & building up from there, so watch this space. Basic fix version for those who don't want personal mods will still be available of course.

Sarastro
01-14-2007, 04:06
** Update bump and so on **