PDA

View Full Version : What the heck!? Nothing I do is appearing in the game...

Irb_the_Pictish_Berserker
12-23-2006, 02:59
Starting with the .txt files that CA realeased before the patch, I'v been trying to tweak various things in the game to make them more to my liking. So far i've great success with the campaign folder, but anything else just won't show up. :wall: I guess it's better than CTDs, but I just can't figure out why nothing is happening. I can edit the files I want just fine, and after exiting the game the changes are still there, but they don't appear in the game. So far I've tested this with just files from data and data/text. The only thing i can think of is that files on the disk or in the paks are overriding what i'm doing. Does anyone know what i am talking about? :help:

itkotw
12-23-2006, 03:52
Try making a .bat file with this line - "medieval2.exe --io.file_first".

Like you said, it is probably the paks overriding your changes. If you add that line, the game will use your modified files.

I hope that works for ya.

Irb_the_Pictish_Berserker
12-23-2006, 04:17
thanks, itkotw. It's mostly working now - still can't get imperial_campaign_regions_and_settlement_names.txt to show changes, tho. The .bin file dosn't generate either... do you know anything about that?