PDA

View Full Version : add burgundy and genoa

Icefrisco
01-04-2007, 21:05
ive received advice to argue for burgundy and genoa here so please see my reasons to add them.
if anyone wants to see my full arguement for burgundy and genoa its in the mtr thread take away transoxiana+volga bulgaria and add burgundy+genoa

just to be brief on why:

burgundy:
stopped french from expanding into germany after they won the hundred years war
created the first FULL professional army
had an empire stretching from switzerland to the north sea, controlled the low contries and parts of modern-day france,switzerland, and germany

genoa:
second most powerful and important city in italy throughout the middle ages
had land in crimea,north africa, and the balkans
created one of the mediterreaneans most powerful navies.

Justiciar
01-07-2007, 03:35
I'd acctually say that given their goal of creating the world as it was at the start date that Pisa might be a better choice than Genoa. Genoa didn't really rise to dominate north-west Italy until after it had beaten Pisa. Pisa owned Corsica, Sardinia, a fair stretch of the Tuscan coast, and was almost as rich as Venice. Infact it had only recently by this point been overtaken as the dominant (autonimous at least) city of Northern Italy by Venice. The only problem being that it was still, like Genoa, essentially part of the Kingdom of Italy (and thereby owed allegiance, officially at least, to the Emperor). I'd agree, however, that if they aim to make the factions all-sweeping of the Middle Ages that Genoa would be a better choice. The same applies to Burgundy. If they want to make the situation accurate to their start date it shouldn't really be added (no more than Bavaria, Swabia, or any other of the Duchies). Otherwise it might be a good plan to include them.

Solo
01-07-2007, 15:35
Well, as we already said, we'll reveal the full list very soon. Except for one slot - that we wanted to be a public vote to let people choose between three different additionnal gameplays - the definitive list already has been decided weeks ago. All I can say is that we have two north italian factions.

IrishArmenian
01-07-2007, 21:14
Yeah. Just wait and see what Solo has to offer before these posts, and remember this when voting on what faction you want included laer on.

Icefrisco
01-07-2007, 22:30
i really like the idea of voting in a faction! i think im liking this mod better every day:2thumbsup:
im also glad theres 2 north italian factions.

NagatsukaShumi
01-12-2007, 15:23
Closing, please read stickied thread on subject of requesting factions, thank you.