PDA

View Full Version : Danish PBM - Maybe

pevergreen
01-12-2007, 11:02
Alright, KotR is great, but what about those who dont want to look stupid about not being as great at writing stories, or didnt follow Will of the Senate (not that you needed to, i didnt).

And the new people to the org, as well as those who havent heard or participated in a PBM before?

Well, heres one for you!
(If we get enough people, hence the name)

PBM Play By Mail. - Like the old games of chess, youd write your moves, and mail them, your opponent would do the same.

How does this work for m2tw? Well the person playing hosts the savegame file, and other people download it and play their parts of it.

Instead of Houses ( oh, i forgot to mention, Its DENMARK!) Just parts of the family tree. The King, (his clan) the Faction Heir (his clan), Ingrid (the princess, and whoever she marries, that clan) and the 2 yr old princess will be part of the King family. So Kings tree goes to the right, Faction Heirs to the left, and princess's down the middle.

You, as a player belong to one of those, either straight away or when a character becomes avaliable.
For simplicity, this isnt as formal as KotR (so confusing to understand :laugh4: )

The King plays the actual game.

The King chooses his Heir, and they become head of the clan, owning whatever settlements the king had, as well as their own.

In this PBM, owning settlements is better, as it gives you better standing in the Council of Nobles (the Imperial Diet [yoink!])

You own settlements by agreeing a trade (you give us army help, we give you this town) inheritence or taking it. Whoever captures it keeps it, unless they want to give it to someone else!.

The king can seize settlements if he deems nessacery (hes king, everyone else is ranked)

Every time a character dies, the person who it was can (doesnt have to) write up a memoir of their life, quoting their greatest things etc.

Also, unlike KotR, this will have a player limit (but i dont expect to get any posters, check out my AAR :laugh4:) Up to 12, unless lots of people want in. Then in multiples of three.

Why should you get in?

Great way to practice for KotR, for AAR's, or PBM or your own! Meet the orgians! Etc etc :laugh4:

This will go ahead if at least 5 other people would like it to.

EDIT: Thank you to the mod you modded the title