PDA

View Full Version : TBS(Thorlof Battle System)v0.2 to EB 0.8 with BI

Thorlof
01-13-2007, 10:27
This is my small sub mod to EB with BI.What is- add shield wall to some units (hoplitoi and others-phalanx only phalangist) schiltrom, can swim to light units
this in export_descr_units
Remake Sinuhet ai to Eb with new formation and change in old(for instance Theban formation from Darth with my change)
formation to player this is darth not change
I working to more change in Sinuhet Ai and New formation to player
PS.sorry for my english
This is link http://files.filefront.com/TBSv026d_to_EB081a_withIrar/;6877691;;/fileinfo.html

adishee
01-13-2007, 15:10
Will try as soon as i'm off work. Thanks :D

Markus_Aurelius
01-16-2007, 20:18
is this compatible with 1.5 or do you have to have bi exe??

Bava
01-16-2007, 22:08
Schiltrom and shield_wall are BI only, mefinks.

Thorlof
01-17-2007, 13:50
New change ,schield wall working, schiltrom, units cant swimp and more-crazy units are berserker http://files.filefront.com/TBSv026d_to_EB081a_withIrar/;6877691;;/fileinfo.html

Omanes Alexandrapolites
02-23-2007, 21:55
Hi Thorlof,
Is this modification compatiable with EB 0.81?

Ludens
02-23-2007, 23:05
AFAIK the formation files are pretty independent from the rest of the game files. Some of the more advanced formation mods use faction-specific formations, but those didn't change between EB 0.8 and EB 0.81.

Dooz
02-24-2007, 01:41
Thorlof, is this the same mod as the one in your other thread?

Omanes Alexandrapolites
02-24-2007, 08:53
AFAIK the formation files are pretty independent from the rest of the game files. Some of the more advanced formation mods use faction-specific formations, but those didn't change between EB 0.8 and EB 0.81.
Ok, thanks!

BTW, it doesn't work with 0.81, I get a CTD on the loading screen.

Ludens
02-24-2007, 13:07
BTW, it doesn't work with 0.81, I get a CTD on the loading screen.
Sorry, I thought this was the A.I. formations thread :oops: . This one obviously won't work as it uses the old unit files, which have been changed in 0.81. Again, my apologies

Omanes Alexandrapolites
02-24-2007, 14:16
It's ok, nothing to worry about, I backed up my files so my EB installation is still alive!

Thorlof
02-24-2007, 19:15
http://files.filefront.com/TBSv026d_to_EB081a_withIrar/;6877691;;/fileinfo.html this is wersion to EB 0.81 (full) with BI

cultist
02-26-2007, 14:41
Just a thought Torloff
maybe add night battles also for your minimod? :D
thank you

Omanes Alexandrapolites
02-27-2007, 20:04
Thanks Thorlof!

Vorian
02-28-2007, 03:45
Can you play with BI Gold too?

Gaias
02-28-2007, 05:32
Can you play with BI Gold too?

Yes you can as it is the version of RTW that I have installed. ~;)

Vorian
02-28-2007, 14:53
Thanks, I will install it right away. I heard that BI is better from the AI point of view, naval invasions and such.

Vorian
02-28-2007, 16:19
I installed BI,(I have total war:eras actually) but doesn't launch. Its says: "Generic Error:
Unable to find skeleton 'fs_gladius' "

What can I do now?:help:

Gaias
03-02-2007, 08:39
I installed BI,(I have total war:eras actually) but doesn't launch. Its says: "Generic Error:
Unable to find skeleton 'fs_gladius' "

What can I do now?:help:

Download and run this (http://files.filefront.com/EB_167z/;6309878;;/fileinfo.html) program, and it should create the files/folders that are need to run EB with the BI.exe. You will need winrar to extract the exe file.

Thorlof
03-02-2007, 11:37
http://files.filefront.com/TBSv026d_to_EB081a_withIrar/;6877691;;/fileinfo.htmlthis is new version.more change-redame in file

mcantu
03-02-2007, 14:40
why is there a new preferences.txt file? many of the options (like max resolution) are lower than what is in my current one

Thorlof
03-02-2007, 15:34
yes , this is lower but You can raise to high

mcantu
03-02-2007, 16:13
yes , this is lower but You can raise to high

What is changed in it?

Hephaistion
03-03-2007, 00:46
Hi Thorlof, thanks for a great mod. I was waiting for someone to go through the boring task of adding BI abilities to EB units, something I REALLY didn't want to do myself! :2thumbsup:

I have two points to raise:

1) the spearwall graphic is all fuzzed out in the battle screen. Truly a minor problem, but does anyone know if there is a simple graphics file from the BI folder that can be transplanted into the EB folder to make this work? I looked for likely suspects, but couldn't find one.
1.1) what benefit do units actually receive from a spearwall formation? I tried to dig out my BI manual, but couldn't find it.

2) do you know what text file I need to change if I want real formation names to appear in the formation display in the battle screen? My display still has the vanilla text, and I want the button tooltips to say, "Theban Phalanx," "Alexander's Formation," etc.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out. Heph

Gaias
03-03-2007, 01:05
1) the spearwall graphic is all fuzzed out in the battle screen. Truly a minor problem, but does anyone know if there is a simple graphics file from the BI folder that can be transplanted into the EB folder to make this work? I looked for likely suspects, but couldn't find one.
1.1) what benefit do units actually receive from a spearwall formation? I tried to dig out my BI manual, but couldn't find it.
This one I know as I was also annoyed by the glitch in the battle ui. In the C:\...\bi\data\ui\barbarian\interface folder, their is a file called battlepage_03.tga. This is the file in which you want to copy to the corresponding folder in the EB folder. Copy the file into all the faction type folders (BARBARIAN, ROMAN, EGYPTIAN, CARTHAGINIAN, NOMAD, EASTERN, GREEK).

2) do you know what text file I need to change if I want real formation names to appear in the formation display in the battle screen? My display still has the vanilla text, and I want the button tooltips to say, "Theban Phalanx," "Alexander's Formation," etc.

For this I believe you need two files located in main data\text folder of your Rome Total War install, the battle.txt and shortcut.txt

In the battle.txt file look for this section and edit accordingly.

{BMT_GROUP_FORMATION_1} Unit Group Formation: Single Line, Unsorted Formation
{BMT_GROUP_FORMATION_2} Unit Group Formation: Single Line, Sorted Formation
{BMT_GROUP_FORMATION_3} Unit Group Formation: Double Line, Unsorted Formation
{BMT_GROUP_FORMATION_4} Unit Group Formation: Double Line, Sorted Formation
{BMT_GROUP_FORMATION_5} Unit Group Formation: Republican Roman Legion Formation
{BMT_GROUP_FORMATION_6} Unit Group Formation: Imperial Roman Legion Formation
{BMT_GROUP_FORMATION_7} Unit Group Formation: Greek/Eastern/Barbarian Army Formation
{BMT_GROUP_FORMATION_8} Unit Group Formation: Column Formation

¬****************************************************************************************
¬****************************************************************************************
¬*
¬* THIS FILE GONE FOR LOCALISATION!!!
¬* ALL CHANGES & ADDITIONS MADE POST THE DATE SPECIFIED
¬* BELOW MUST GO UNDERNEATH THIS DIVIDER!!!
¬*
¬***** Changes made after 22/03/2004 17:30:00
¬*

{BMT_CHAT_ALL_PLAYERS} All Players
{BMT_NETWORK_INFO_PROBLEMS} Encountered network problems
{BMT_NETWORK_INFO_RETRY} Retry
{BMT_ABANDON_GAME} Abandon Game
{BMT_GROUP_FORMATION_1} Single Line, Unsorted Formation
{BMT_GROUP_FORMATION_2} Single Line, Sorted Formation
{BMT_GROUP_FORMATION_3} Double Line, Unsorted Formation
{BMT_GROUP_FORMATION_4} Double Line, Sorted Formation
{BMT_GROUP_FORMATION_5} Republican Roman Legion Formation
{BMT_GROUP_FORMATION_6} Imperial Roman Legion Formation
{BMT_GROUP_FORMATION_7} Greek/Eastern/Barbarian Army Formation
{BMT_GROUP_FORMATION_8} Column Formation

In the shortcut.txt look for this section and edit accordingly.

{formation_1} Unit Group Formation: Single Line, Unsorted Formation
{formation_2} Unit Group Formation: Single Line, Sorted Formation
{formation_3} Unit Group Formation: Double Line, Unsorted Formation
{formation_4} Unit Group Formation: Double Line, Sorted Formation
{formation_5} Unit Group Formation: Republican Roman Legion Formation
{formation_6} Unit Group Formation: Imperial Roman Legion Formation
{formation_7} Unit Group Formation: Greek/Eastern/Barbarian Army Formation
{formation_8} Unit Group Formation: Column Formation

I 'think' these are the files you need to edit for the changes to happen ingame, though I am not to sure on this.

Hopefully I was of some help to you. It would be a good idea for Thorlof to add the ui file into his next release.

Thorlof
03-03-2007, 09:48
thanx Gaias. I have polish version RTW and BI and who know polish language ?

Hephaistion
03-03-2007, 17:11
Thanks, Gaias! That did the trick on both counts. Actually, while I was rewriting the text files, I realized that RTRPE also uses Darth's formations, so I ended up just cutting and pasting the text files from there.

Vorian
03-05-2007, 02:39
Download and run this (http://files.filefront.com/EB_167z/;6309878;;/fileinfo.html) program, and it should create the files/folders that are need to run EB with the BI.exe. You will need winrar to extract the exe file.

Thanks a lot.

I installed it in the Rome-Total War folder.

But it still doesn't work :( (I have Total War:Eras btw)

Gaias
03-05-2007, 08:36
I want you to try this procedure and tell me how it goes.

1. Reinstall Rome Total War.
2. Reinstall Rome Total War - Barbarian Invasions.
3. Download and install the BI v1.6 patch found here. (http://www.totalwar.com/index.html?page=/en/support/supportrome.html&nav=/en/7/1/) This is just a precautionary measure.
4. Download and install the Generic Mod Enabler found here (http://www.users.on.net/~jscones/software/products.html). Make sure to install it to the main Rome - Total War folder.
5. Install Europa Barbarorum v0.81 into the 'MODS' folder in your main Rome - Total War folder. The Generic Mod Enabler should have created the 'MODS' folder automatically. Make sure the installation path is as such; C:\...\Rome - Total War\MODS\EB.
6. In the MODS folder, create a new folder called 'EB-BI'. Within the EB-BI folder, create a new folder called 'EB', then in that folder create a new folder called 'Data'. Now prodece to the the C:\...\Rome - Total War\MODS\EB\Data folder and select and copy both the 'world' and 'text' folders. Now paste these folders into the C:\...\Rome - Total War\MODS\EB-BI\EB\Data folder.
7. Go into the text folder and erase all files located there except the 'imperial_campaign_region_and_settlement_names.txt' and 'campaign_descriptions.txt'. Now procede to the C:\...\Rome - Total War\MODS\EB-BI\EB\Data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign folder and change the name of the folder to 'barbarian_invasion'.
8. Now you need to edit the three files that are left (imperial_campaign_regions_and_settlement_names.txt, campaign_descriptions.txt, descr_strat.txt). First change the name of the imperial_campaign_regions_and_settlement_names.txt, to 'barbarian_invasion_regions_and_settlement_names.txt. Second, open the campaign_descriptions.txt in notepad and in the menu go to Edit and scroll down to Replace. In the 'Find What:' parameter box, put the text 'imperial_campaign' and in the 'Replace With:' parameter box, put the text 'barbarian_invasion. Click the Replace All button and then save the file. Lastly, open the descr_strat.txt and find the text imperial_campaign on line 5 and change it to 'barbarian_invasion' and save file.
9. Run RomeTW.exe once and configure your game as you want it. Quit out of the game and copy the preferences folder and paste it into the C:\...\Rome Total War\MODS\EB-BI\EB folder.
10. Run the JSGME.exe program and click on 'EB' in the Available Mods dialogue box. When it is done installing the EB folder (will take some time) then procede to do the same with the EB-BI.
11. Go to the shortcut that was created by the EB installer and right click and scroll down to properties. Now in the target dialogue box, make sure it has the text ...\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-BI.exe" -nm -show_err -mod:EB.
12. Search the main Rome - Total War folder and delete all map.rwn files that are found.
13. Run the game and you should be playing EB with the BI.exe. :2thumbsup:

Well I can only hope you understand my ramblings within these instructions. Good luck in your endeavor in this and godspeed.

Thorlof
03-05-2007, 14:57
Hm I have instal RTW, BI patch 1.6 and EB next step 11 and working. Delete map.rwm from
Rtw\Data\world\maps\base and BI\data\world\maps\base and go

Dooz
03-06-2007, 00:11
Is a new version necessary for the hotfix, or will the current one work?

Vorian
03-06-2007, 01:26
I want you to try this procedure and tell me how it goes.

1. Reinstall Rome Total War.
2. Reinstall Rome Total War - Barbarian Invasions.
3. Download and install the BI v1.6 patch found here. (http://www.totalwar.com/index.html?page=/en/support/supportrome.html&nav=/en/7/1/) This is just a precautionary measure.

Well, since I have Total War: Eras the BI and RTW are installed simultaneously. I hope this doesn't change things....:inquisitive:

Anyway, thank you VERY much for the help I will try it as soon as I can get my hands on the computer.

Cataphract_Of_The_City
03-16-2007, 03:12
Do you need BI for the formations to work? Is there a version for RTW only?

Thorlof
03-16-2007, 07:13
version 0.26d for EB with BI. Only BI. Look this https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=80694

mcantu
03-16-2007, 11:53
2HP added to all units?! Thats a pretty big change. What effect does that have on gameplay?

Thorlof
03-16-2007, 13:33
not only 2hp but more change in stats,in mount effect,kill rate,heat,stat ground ,morale and small change in other stats for some units. Effect-hm you see in version 0.3 in this week :) This is big change in fighting .