PDA

View Full Version : Petition for the “armed opposition against the church” option

Nerdfish
01-14-2007, 22:30
The most annoying unit in the game is the inquisitor. I have control of England, Spain and France and my faction leader is still frequently killed by inquisitors. Is it possible to add an option that allows the players to resist inquisition militarily in the expansion? As in declaring pagan worship and break with the church completely?

It’d bring entire Europe against the player, more or less … but I’d prefer facing down EVERY faction on the battlefield AT THE SAME TIME then to have my faction leader constantly knocked out in the lamest possible way in a total war game.

TevashSzat
01-14-2007, 22:36
to kill of inquisotrs without assasins, surround him on all sides with military units and then move one unit onto him which will kill him instantly. This works for all agents

Nerdfish
01-14-2007, 23:11
that's ... priceless ... thanks.

Zomby_Woof
01-15-2007, 02:59
Does that actually work!?

lobo76
01-15-2007, 03:01
it works for ALL agent units.

Derfasciti
01-15-2007, 06:51
Interesting. I never knew that little agent-begone fix.

As for the idea of turning Pagan...aint gonna happen. Wayyyy too unrealistic. You think the inquisitor is annoying, wait till all of your generals and people are gunning for you.

JCoyote
01-15-2007, 06:59
Yeah not like anybody ever broke off from Catholicism (*cough* Henry VIII) or tried to sever relations with the Papacy (*cough* Protestant Reformation). Obviously nothing historically important or memorable in the timeframe of the game...

FrauGloer
01-15-2007, 11:20
Apart from being perfectly historical to sever ties with the pope, it would also add more spice to the game. For the price of not being able to crusade and having mainly hostile neighbours, you'd get free reign to attack and pillage when- and wherever you like, without interference from the Holy See. That's one thing I missed in my Danish campaign. I want to loot and plunder all across Europe with my viking horde, but as soon as I attack anyone, I get told off by the Pope! :whip: Poor me... :laugh4:
I know that Denmark by that time had converted to Christanity, but what if they changed their mind?

I also really like the idea of setting up an antipope when your candidate for the papacy is defeated by only a small margin. Imagine the possibilities... :yes:

sapi
01-15-2007, 12:50
The only real problem with the inquisitors is that they can try units from an excommunicated faction