PDA

View Full Version : Can someone explain theese trade differences?

PseRamesses
01-17-2007, 13:14
All know the lucrative resources in Timbuktu and Arguin. What I don´t understand is the huge difference in income from them. All examples below are from early game with merchants from a simple merchants guild.

1. I´m the Moors. My merchants rake in between 300-1000f/ turn.
2. I´m Spain. At peace they bring in between 20-40f/ turn.
When at war with the Moors they brought in between 40-120f/turn.
When I had defeated the Moors they went to 300-1000f/turn.

My conclusion by now is that if you own the province you´ll get max value from it if not the lower value. When at war with the owner a little boost is generated. But here´s the quirk:

3. I´m Sicily and have eliminated the Moors and hold both provinces but my merchants only bring in the lower amount of 20-40f/ turn. What gives???

pevergreen
01-17-2007, 13:17
The Skill, distance to capital, if you have trade agreement with the faction that owns it, if you own it etc all influence how much you get off them.

PseRamesses
01-17-2007, 18:01
The Skill, distance to capital, if you have trade agreement with the faction that owns it, if you own it etc all influence how much you get off them.
Yeah I know all this but if you read my post 1. all merch have roughly the same skills. 2. When I own the province as Moors or Spain the income is drastically higher than when I do it as Sicily and I do think the distance from Leon or Palermo to Timbuktu is roughly the same. So what gives?

Malcolm Big Head
01-17-2007, 19:15
Could be wrong but I think each faction has a different base value for each resource on the map. It is in a text file somewhere.

PseRamesses
01-17-2007, 21:12
Could be wrong but I think each faction has a different base value for each resource on the map. It is in a text file somewhere.
Hmm, that would explain a lot. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Multiplicity
01-17-2007, 21:32
There are two dependencies. The first being is the distance factor which influences the value of a trade value. However, it is the closest instance of that resource to your capitol, not just that single resource. The second factor is how many instances of the same type is in a region. For example, I noticed that one region that only has one resource of the same type generates so much per turn. If another reason has two of the same type, it'll produce twice as much. One reason why a place like Timbaktu produces more florins per turn with its gold resources than the single one in Zagreb.

Malcolm Big Head
01-18-2007, 00:10
https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=77158

Not a text file just a post I read a while back. Getting old....memory fading...:help:

Snoil The Mighty
01-18-2007, 07:44
Not sure if this applies to any circumstances in the OP or not, but who owns the territory the good is in also matters. If you have a trade agreement with the faction owning the territory you earn more from the same good.