PDA

View Full Version : A Question About Trait Effects

LoneGunman
01-17-2007, 19:23
I know we have a nice list of effects we know work for sure in M2TW (since they are already used by the game).

However, I'm wondering how far CA went away from BI and if any of the older trait effects used could be salvaged and used in M2TW.

For instance, the effect "religious_belief" was used in BI to include religion and allowed generals to convert populations to their religion, directly impacted the happiness of the settlement that the general was in, and allowed the general to have a religion that differed from the official religion of his country.

If such an effect could still be used in M2TW it would be a great addition to modifying the religious atmosphere of the time.

There are a few other traits from RTW and BI I'm interested in too, but at the moment that is the major one for me.

If anyone has successfully tested to see if it still works or is willing to try and test it please let me know on here or post your results.

We may well be able to add even more effects to the list of working ones.

alpaca
01-17-2007, 20:09
You can found a list of allowed effects I extracted from the .exe (although I don't claim to be sure that it is complete) in my traits tutorial.
Not sure what some of them do, though.

LoneGunman
01-17-2007, 21:04
Oh, I didn't know that you pulled them straight out of the exe, I figured you just copied what was used in the traits file provided with the game.

I guess that rules out some of my ideas, but thanks for the response! :)

alpaca
01-17-2007, 21:31
I'm also not sure that they all work because I don't even know what some of them are supposed to do ;)
Anyways, I guess the part where I found that is the parser or something similar so it's probably complete. Not sure though.

pevergreen
01-18-2007, 13:20
I dont think changing religions would work in this game, with the pope and crusades/jihads.

LoneGunman
01-19-2007, 02:15
Well it would be for individuals not for the faction itself. But my idea was more to allow generals to spread their faith to varying regions as well.

Would be nice to let the Mongols spread Paganism and such. :)

alpaca
01-19-2007, 14:43
I think that's hardcoded to priests. The religious conversion effect isn't there anymore afaict.