PDA

View Full Version : Bug - A Disappearing army bug? What?!!

hellas1
01-22-2007, 03:34
Hi all,

I've been posting on the RTW side of things for a while now.

I'm happy that MTW2 is out and want that 2nd patch to be out too!!.

Anyway, I had a Sicilian army in Portugal (middle of Portugal) beseiging a Rebel city which had mulsim units. After beseiging the town, around the second turn my army disappeared! Poof, gone! I could NOT find it.

Has this happened to anyone yet? Did my army just get immediately annihilate? or a combo of both?

Help please, hellas :help:

supadodo
01-22-2007, 05:23
I think it turned rebel and went inside the city. I dunno check the city if it has more units otherwise I think it got bribed however possible that may be.

Alcorr
01-22-2007, 07:24
Yes this bug does exist. I have had it many times in rtw, BI and in m2tw. I will be moving my army around somewhere and then...like you said...poof! And its gone.

And the majority of the time they don't turn traitor either (huge stacks) so yeah this is a bug im pretty sure.

Empirate
01-22-2007, 09:16
I'm sure you'd have gotten a message if the army had been bribed, something along the lines of "The traitor! Captain xyz turned his back on his people, selling himself and his troops to the enemy!". If it had just turned rebel, you should have gotten a message, too.

EDIT: This has never, ever happened to me, btw. Neither in Rome, nor in Medieval 2.

Aaron A Aardvark
01-22-2007, 09:38
If you try to use a diplomat to make a bribe, the offer is to "disband" the army and leave the field. So the AI probably bribed your captain or general. It would be nice to be told.

If your captain turns traitor you do get a message and ta nasty rebel stack will appear nearby.

I think your faction leader determines how likely either of these is.

Arctander
01-22-2007, 18:11
Yup, had this happen last night. I can find the invisible army by going through the faction members list, finding the general (my heir) who was leading the army and there the army is. Invisible on the map... I'm sending a ship to hopefully pick them up. Not sure if there will be a way to make them visible again... sure hope so.