PDA

View Full Version : The Recounquista! (sign up thread)

Patriarch of Constantinople
01-22-2007, 22:04
Welcome Noble lord! You have chosen to move to the Kingdom of Spain to fight off the Heathens who threaten us! Grab your sword, mount your steed and prepare! For the Reconquista!!!

Game settings
* Hard difficulty, Hard battle difficulty
* Patched MTW2
* We will be playing Spain
* Large unit size
* We will be using the Heraldry Mod (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=1092)
Rules

1. Houses

There are Four Houses, two available as of now,

The House of Leon (north): Prince Rodrigo,
The House of Castile (east): King Alfonso, General Vaasco (Warluster), Grand Lord of poop~ (First elector)
The House of Cordoba (south,): Boosiuv (Elector)
The House of Aragon (west)

I would like each House to have at least a same amount of people. Houses have electors who do not control generals and such, but instead vote and suggest motions for our kingdom.

2. The Kingdom Government

No Kingdom is good without a government, and ours is no different. Our Kingdom is a feudal society. We have a Chancellor as head of state, a King as head of the Kingdom, dukes and counts.

Chancellor
Chancellors are elected. They are elected every 20 turns (every 10 turns when we reach the 20 Provinces). Chancellors are the sole player of the game. They move units, generals, build things (in accordance to the dukes building queue) and recruit units. A Chancellor can be impeached with 2/3 majority votes. If this occurs, a new chancellor is elected (impeachement must have a good reason, i.e. attacking a faction without it being voted for).

Kings and Princes

Kings are the head of the kingdom. They command a personal army (called the Royal Guard Army). They can assume control of the Chancellor position if a Chancellor is impeached (must have 2/3 majority vote for this to occur). Chancellor moves must be approved by the king (he can disapprove a move if it seems foolish, or bad for our kingdom, i.e. moving a half stack army against two full stack armies). If a King is on excused absense, the Prince takes up the role of King. When the king returns, the prince must give up his position and give it back to the King. If the player who controls the king is gone during elections, the player can lose his title of king (he can also be re elected). If a King dies within a players reign, they may choose to use up the rest of their reign playing as the Prince (now King). The player could choose to let the players elect a new player to be prince (now King).

Dukes

You can't have a feudal society without dukes. Dukes are generals who are given a province by the chancellor. Dukes can be knighted by a chancellor after a major victory (i.e. 1500 man army commanded by the Duke defeats a 3000 man army, this can be a reason of Knighthood). If there are over 5 Knights, they can form a council of Knights (requires 2/3 majority vote from everyone). This council can suggest motions for military and advise the Army. Dukes can alternitavely become Knights with 6 Chivalry. Thanks to the Heraldry mod, Dukes can be given the title of his land.

Counts

A count is a general who is dubbed a count. A count normally is the side kick of the Duke. The Count can be appointed sucessor of the Dukes province by the Duke. Likewise, a Count can be knighted or promoted to Duke. Counts can join the Council of Knights (requires 2/3 vote from knights in the council). Counts can alternitavely become Knights with 6 Chivalry.

3. The Armies of Spain

Army Regulations:
No more than 8 units of Cavalry
No more than 2 units of Generals
No more than 6 Units of Heavy Infantry
Unlimited Spearmen
No more than half the army may consist of Mercenaries
No more than 2 units of artillery
No more than 4 units of archers

There are five types of armies: Duke Armies, Count Armies, Knight Armies, Royal Guard Armies and Captain Armies.

Duke Armies:

Duke armies are armies controlled by Dukes. They are allowed to have as many units as they wish, but must follow the Army Regulations.

Count Armies:

Count Armies are like Duke armies, but only can consist of 7-14 units (following the Army Regulations).

Knight Armies

Knight Armies come from Count and Duke Armies who are knighted. They must follow the Army Regulations, but can include 5 units of Knights and 3 units of Dismounted Knights.

Royal Guard Army

The Royal Guard Army is a personal Army for the King. It does not have to follow the Army Regulations, but it must be a sensible army (not all cavalry/infantry/archers or anything like that).

Captain Armies

These armies are commanded by a captain, all captain armies are controlled by the Chancellor. They must follow Army Regulations and only consist of 7-14 units.

4. Kingdom Council

The Kingdom Council is where everyone votes for motions for our Kingdom. A motion suggestion must have be seconded by two people to be executed.

5. Economy

Chancellors are heads of state, meaning that they also control the economy. The Chancellor is expected to keep our kingdom afloat. If we are in economic crisis, he is allowed to stop construction, and disband units as he sees fit.

6. Elections

When elections come around every 20 turns, everyone has 2 real time days to suggest motions and second motions. When those 2 days are up, an additional 2 days are given to vote. Chancellors and Kings can be re-elected. A king can be re-elected once, so can a chancellor.

Well, I hope this will be good. Welcome to the Reconquista!

Suggestions welcome!

Warluster
01-22-2007, 22:25
I'll sign up as House of Toledo please

01-22-2007, 22:48
Righto

01-22-2007, 22:52
Would you like to be assigned a general or will you be an elector?

Warluster
01-22-2007, 23:01
General please, whos Prince Rodrigo?

01-22-2007, 23:05
The guy in Leon. I will give you General Vaasco (who is outside Toledo with an army)

Zomby_Woof
01-22-2007, 23:12
Are armies controlled and commanded by the Chancellor or the player who is supposedly in control of them?

UltraWar
01-22-2007, 23:14
Good luck with this PBM! :2thumbsup::whip:

01-22-2007, 23:15
Are armies controlled and commanded by the Chancellor or the player who is supposedly in control of them?

As the rules say, Chancellors can move armies as they see fit. Battles are conducted by the player who controls the General.

So for example,

The Chancellor moves A Army to Cordoba, but A Army is intercepted by Moor Army B. If Moor Army B attacks A Army, the game is saved and sent to the player who controls the General of A Army. If it is a captain, the Chancellor fights the battle.

Ignoramus
01-23-2007, 01:42
A better name for the House of Toledo would be Castile.

01-23-2007, 01:46
Good point I guess.

OK: Houses Updated!

01-23-2007, 02:22
Theres been a slight change in rules.

Bootsiuv
01-23-2007, 08:46
I'll sign up as house of corduba, but only as an elector.

pevergreen
01-23-2007, 12:07
I am not signing up, however my views on this are as follows:

1. Use patched game
2. Use a bug fix or two

Other than that, this looks good.

01-25-2007, 04:13
Important update. Check the settings.

Grand Lord of Poop~
01-26-2007, 09:02
all right, I'm in. May I be in the House of Castille as an elector??

01-27-2007, 18:39
Announcement:

I will not be playing this PBM. I will be only doing OOC things. Thanks.

Maurus
02-05-2007, 08:54
Is this PBM still going to take place? I might be interested

TevashSzat
02-06-2007, 03:57
Hmm.. I might join, but i am not sure of the mod. I'll need the mod to play the saved game right?