PDA

View Full Version : Self assassination?

Jerek Kruger
02-01-2007, 02:05
The title's a bit confusing but basically what I want to know is if it would be possible to mod M2TW such that a factions assassins would be able to target said factions own characters (family members, diplomats etc.)?

I ask because in a recent campaign my faction heir is an inbred moron whereas his brother is an excellent character and short of sending my faction heir against my enemies single handedly or sailing him next to pirates in a single galley I can't think of another way of killing him off.

In the long run this is definately something I want to include in any mods I make in the future (assuming it's possible).

Re Berengario I
02-01-2007, 03:27
It's not possible, hardcoded feature.

bogieman
02-05-2007, 05:41
I checked through the diplomacy and mission text files there is a faction mission called Regicide. The mission is to assassinate the faction leader. I have received this mission once while playing. In that case it was to assassinate the faction leader of an allied faction. There is also a council of nobles mission to assassinate a general. There is a line in that mission commented out:

; character_type named_character

I would think that you could add another mission and set the conditions so you don't get some dip as an heir.

Re Berengario I
02-05-2007, 20:21
They're not character of your same faction though. You simply cannot kill characters of your faction unless you write a script using console commands.

Jerek Kruger
02-05-2007, 22:20
It's a shame, It seems fitting for a faction to kill off the less able members of it's family. Oh well.