PDA

View Full Version : Hostages; an old friend...

César Victor
02-01-2007, 15:52
I don't know why they removed this from RTW but I think this would have been a great feature. Imagine having a rookie Gaul army captured under your grizzly veterans. Imagine all the things you could do with them; sell them as slaves/gladiators, draft them into your army (or possibly train them into a Gaul legion, like the Spanish ones that can be hired) or execute them all to show off your bloodthirstyness.

I loved capturing hostages in STW and MTW. Is there a mod that brought this back for RTW?

Omanes Alexandrapolites
02-01-2007, 18:31
No, I'm awfully sorry to be the one to tell you this but it is hardcoded. No amount of modding can bring you back this amazing old feature.

mightilyoats
02-02-2007, 06:17
I also thought about that the other day... Imagine you could kidnap a rival family member. Then you can ransom him, kill him, enslave him... Or, he might be a useful ancillary for one of your generals. Wouldn't that be sweet?

Omanes Alexandrapolites
02-02-2007, 09:19
Oh boy it would! I would love to be able to enslave/ransom/kill that annoying ten star general that keeps on continually beating my scattered armies. Ah, therapy.

Although it is not in Rome I believe it is in M2:TW. However I would not know for sure - I haven't played it yet. It seems that the CA are leaving it for Medieval TW games, probably because ransom occurred more regularly in that great period of history.

César Victor
02-02-2007, 10:43
Woulda been great to capture an enemy Barbarian king with your general and send him back to Rome for public execution, raising your popularity with the people significantly (ala Julius Caesar-Vercingetorix).

Omanes Alexandrapolites
02-02-2007, 19:16
:thumbsup: