PDA

View Full Version : Idea for new mod (unnamed as of yet)

Kaidonni
02-09-2007, 17:39
Okay, I like MTW: VI. Have the Gold Edition. I have played RTW and M2TW, but I just can't stay away from the original MTW.

And it occured to me that it would be interesting to create a RTW-like mod for MTW: VI. I am aware that there are some mods to do with the fall of Rome and the events surrounding the Diadochi, amongst other things. I would focus more on the rise of Rome (what RTW itself focused on, bar the expansions).

Not intending to be historically accurate; gameplay is more preferable to me.

Now, I'm no expert at modding though, and this would take an extensive amount of time to create because I have limited time on games.

Any advice, suggestions, hints, tips and other thoughts on this conept would be much appreciated. Any input can help.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I know that I also posted in the Alchemist's Lab, but that was before I realised this forum might be the better place to post about this idea. I edited that other topic and it can be deleted by a moderator. Not meaning to spam or anything. Sorry for any inconvenience.

EDIT 2: If a moderator could move this to the Main Hall, that would be much appreciated...this is more of an input thread, etc, and I'm probably not gonna get much attention here. I need all the help I can get. Thanks.

naut
02-10-2007, 10:10
Good Luck. I'm sure you'll find there will be many who are willing to input ideas and give advice.

The Main Hall would probably be the best place to post this as you mentioned.

Pericles
02-10-2007, 18:46
Okay, I like MTW: VI. Have the Gold Edition. I have played RTW and M2TW, but I just can't stay away from the original MTW.

And it occured to me that it would be interesting to create a RTW-like mod for MTW: VI. I am aware that there are some mods to do with the fall of Rome and the events surrounding the Diadochi, amongst other things. I would focus more on the rise of Rome (what RTW itself focused on, bar the expansions).

Not intending to be historically accurate; gameplay is more preferable to me.

Now, I'm no expert at modding though, and this would take an extensive amount of time to create because I have limited time on games.

Any advice, suggestions, hints, tips and other thoughts on this conept would be much appreciated. Any input can help.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I know that I also posted in the Alchemist's Lab, but that was before I realised this forum might be the better place to post about this idea. I edited that other topic and it can be deleted by a moderator. Not meaning to spam or anything. Sorry for any inconvenience.

EDIT 2: If a moderator could move this to the Main Hall, that would be much appreciated...this is more of an input thread, etc, and I'm probably not gonna get much attention here. I need all the help I can get. Thanks.

Great idea.

My suggestion would be to focus your mod on the Punic Wars between Carthage and Rome - 264 BC to 146 BC. Rome started off small, but by the end of the wars, it was a true superpower, and the rest is history.

The Fall of Rome Mod v3.1 has all the units you need. Plus, it has a new era-specific map and you could use one of the five campaigns it contains as a starting point.

You would only need a couple of new bifs for Carthage military units.

Kaidonni
02-10-2007, 23:05
I am thinking more along the lines of Rome - Total War for my mod. I've decided to call it Medieval's Rome - Total War. Basically, I'm basing it heavily on RTW. And taking inspiration from Lusted's mods (Epirus and Illyria as factions are part inspired by him, although Illyria is used in Rome Total Realism too). I want to take what Rome is and put it into MTW, basically.

I have a list of factions, religions, cultures and finally wonders. I need to know the hardcoded limits of MTW:VI before I can really decide finally, though.

A mod can close this thread if they wish. I'll start a *proper* thead in the Main Hall on the mod, complete with what I've already written in development.

Pericles
02-11-2007, 05:55
I am thinking more along the lines of Rome - Total War for my mod. I've decided to call it Medieval's Rome - Total War. Basically, I'm basing it heavily on RTW. And taking inspiration from Lusted's mods (Epirus and Illyria as factions are part inspired by him, although Illyria is used in Rome Total Realism too). I want to take what Rome is and put it into MTW, basically.

I have a list of factions, religions, cultures and finally wonders. I need to know the hardcoded limits of MTW:VI before I can really decide finally, though.

A mod can close this thread if they wish. I'll start a *proper* thead in the Main Hall on the mod, complete with what I've already written in development.

Sounds cool.

I don't have RTW, so I'm not sure what the approach will be, but it sounds interesting.