PDA

View Full Version : Problem's with many RTW Gold games, Who here has RTW Gold?

Chroniclez88
02-24-2007, 00:16
Ive been seeing all over many forums on the internet of Rome Total War games, CD-KEY'S not working and thus not being able to work in multiplayer. {Please don't move this post I want to put it here since most posts are done here for RTW}. To get on with what Im saying many people are inputing there CD-KEY and even after changing it countless times listening to forum admin's telling them how to change it still won't work and keeps saying invalid CD-KEY on the login screen to gamespy after putting in the right keycode and followed all the rules of typing the CD-KEY. The single player works for these people but not multiplayer {It also comes with BI, RTW Gold}.

I am having this problem to and I have about 25 more days and in that time I can return my game and either get my money back and buy Total War Era's, I am not sure if that game has any CD-KEY problems with multiplayer for RTW or I can exchange it for another coppy of RTW Gold.

What I would like to know is who here has Rome Total War Gold and is able to play online whenever they please on regular RTW and BI? If any of you fit this criteria please make a post. My last question is for the people who have Eras is there any problems with that game with not being able to log on to multiplayer and the message saying invalid CD-KEY comes up?

Thanks in advance for any responses regarding this. :help:

Punicus
02-24-2007, 03:40
I also have this problem with Gold (using regular RTW, I'm not sure about BI as I haven't tried it yet). Sucks because I'm itching to do some online battles.

Omanes Alexandrapolites
02-24-2007, 08:35
Hi Chroniclez88,
I have the R:TW Gold disk and I can play on-line or, at least, get into the lobby, yet I have never made it to a battle from either being too scared too or been chucked out because I don't know how to use the chatty system thingee :eeeek:
Hope you get this matter resolved soon.

Severous
02-24-2007, 22:48
Hello. Long time solo RTW player...but noob at multiplayer. Solved similar problem recently..today in fact.

I have RTW Gold. (from the Eras Boxed set).

My main problem...which I had again today when I installed Alexander. Is the firewall. My firewall refused to let my game connect. I had to say 'yes' to the firewall to give it permission to allow Alexander to go online. Of course you cannot see on screen that you have this problem. I had to alt-tab out of RTW to my desktop to see my firewall asking the question.

If you get online and want a game and you see me ...call me out. I know the game but cannot win many against the humans on multiplayer. Been having a lot of fun teaming up with other players and fighting massive AI controlled armies. Gives us practice for when we go up against other players. Lack of pause is the big difference in multiplayer..and a sensible opponent..(most of the time)

Good luck
Sev

César Victor
02-24-2007, 22:53
Hah, my first MP combat consisted of me throwing 3 units of cavalry to their death. I instantly got two cries of "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING!!??" from my allies. Good times.

Chroniclez88
02-25-2007, 00:29
I have no firewall enabled when I play, I think it would be better if I got Era's its only 10 dollars more. I just need to know for sure if it works online with Rome TW, Ive seen to many problems with people and TW gold.

Would I still be able to uninstall total war gold and still keep all my saved game files if I got Era's and installed it?

Last question is who here has Era's and is able to play online with BI and RTW with no problems?

Chroniclez88
02-25-2007, 01:09
I don't think I can get Era's now I can't find the sticker that seals the game box, I was gonna repackege it to get my money back, looks like I have to exchange it for another RTW Gold.

Severous
02-25-2007, 11:29
^Chroniclez88

I play online with RTW and BI from the Eras boxed set. There are several CDs in that set. RTW and BI are on the same disk and install together and it calls itself the Gold edition somewhere along the line.

Alexander is another disk in ERAs. I have hosted an Alexander game on multiplayer but no one else had it (or was not interested in playing Alexander).

Your other question. Saved games. All my saved campaign games from RTW V1.5 (patched version) are on my old PC. All were transferred to my new PC where Eras is installed. All work perfectly. Just put them in the right folder which has a different command path in Eras to the original Activision version.

Puzz3D
02-25-2007, 14:09
I don't think I can get Era's now I can't find the sticker that seals the game box, I was gonna repackege it to get my money back, looks like I have to exchange it for another RTW Gold.
Tell the store that the game doesn't work. They might give you a refund or a store credit in that case.

Chroniclez88
02-27-2007, 03:04
^Chroniclez88

I play online with RTW and BI from the Eras boxed set. There are several CDs in that set. RTW and BI are on the same disk and install together and it calls itself the Gold edition somewhere along the line.

Alexander is another disk in ERAs. I have hosted an Alexander game on multiplayer but no one else had it (or was not interested in playing Alexander).

Your other question. Saved games. All my saved campaign games from RTW V1.5 (patched version) are on my old PC. All were transferred to my new PC where Eras is installed. All work perfectly. Just put them in the right folder which has a different command path in Eras to the original Activision version.

So which folder do I put my saved games files from Rome TW Gold into Era's? Thats if I do end up getting it. I really don't want to loose any saved games ive already spent about 14 hours on rome total war.

Omanes Alexandrapolites
02-27-2007, 08:22
Hi Chroniclez88,
I think that if you installed R:TW Gold to the default location, then in "C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War" you should find a folder called "saves". Copy and paste it into your documents, uninstall your current installation and then, when R:TW Gold from the eras pack is installed, put the folder back in the folder which you took it from - I beleive then that your old save games will be saved. Good luck! Cheers!