PDA

View Full Version : Rise of Civilizations [Concluded]

Pages : [1] 2

Lucjan
02-25-2007, 17:39
Rise of Civilization

This is a strategy game I’ve developed by myself to play very much like a mixture of the Total War, Civilization, and Knights of Honor games. So let’s start with the basics.

Background - This is a game of strategy and leadership. Player’s pick a civilization of their choice and lead it to greatness through the art of diplomacy, economics, colonization and warfare. The game begins in a fictional Europe where rather than waves of migrating people settling down to found their cultures, all the civilizations of the world have risen to prominence all at once. This game is not intended to be historically accurate, and instead focuses on fun and gameplay.

Number of Players - There is no limit to the number of player’s that can play the game in total, however, there is a limit to the number of civilizations that can exist, this limit will be imposed when the influence of the game’s combined kingdoms spreads across the whole of the map.

Types of Players - There will be three types of player’s in the game. Kings, who are in control of an entire Kingdom and can dictate the diplomatic, military, economic and cultural development of their kingdom. Dukes, who are given territory by a sponsoring king in return for taking some of the burden of rule off the king’s shoulders by being able to better manage the needs of their regions and relay local issues of importance to the King. And Counts, counts are appointed by either sponsoring kings or sponsoring dukes. They control a single region and are often appointed to deal with specific issues relating to the area, they have the potential to become Dukes if the king feels they are capable enough to be so. Dukes and Counts also act independently of the King, so the King. They may declare war on other Duchies or Counties outside the same kingdom and may freely move through those in the same kingdom. However, be warned, a count or duke who declares war on a foreign duchy or county is effectively declaring war on that entire Kingdom. Kings should be advised only to appoint trustworthy subjects, or at the very least keep them on a tight leash.

Can Players Be Eliminated? - Players will never be removed from the game simply by losing their kingdom. If another player is willing to take that player in as a count or duke, they can continue to play, they’ll simply have to work their way back up if they intend to rebuild a kingdom.

Goals and Winning - The goal is to become the Supreme Emperor of all of Europe. Once, on the end of the 4th turn of every month, players will be given a report consisting of the top 5 civilizations in the game based on their military, economic, and cultural scores. This report will also include a list of all diplomatic treaties and wars. The top 2 civilizations will be placed into a poll in which all players will be given the chance to vote for a Supreme Emperor of all the civilizations in the game. They have three options, they can vote for either civilization number 1, civilization number 2, or they can abstain from voting entirely. To become Supreme Emperor, you must acquire one of two things. Either a unanimous vote by the 5 top powers on the list, or, you acquire 3/4s of the vote from everybody in the game. In this aspect the game is moderately open ended, as it will only end when a Supreme ruler is elected or only one civilization remains in the game.

Playable Civilizations - Any civilization is playable, whether it is historically accurate or not. This game is about fun, not historical accuracy, and even completely made up civilizations can be used.

The Map - This is the geographic map we’ll be using for the visual aspects of the game.

https://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p108/lucjian/RoCStart-1.jpg

Turns and Reports - Each turn will start at 9am Monday and end on at 9pm Friday, results will all be tallied over the course of the week and the weekend for our later posters.

Diplomacy - Diplomatic communication is greatly encouraged between players and cooperation may be crucial to some culture’s survival. While player’s may feel free to make any deals in conversation between each other that they want. Please make note, only trade agreements need to be relayed to me by both parties involved for the purpose of the news report and so I can calculate income correctly, they are not considered confirmed and do not exist if I don't hear about it from both sides. All other diplomacy is done between players only and does not need to be made public unless players choose to make it so.

Special Diplomatic Situations
- Instinctive National Loathing (This situation arises when two civilizations remain at war with each for more than 8 turns, it makes peace and economic growth an impossibility, as the involved civilizations come to contend with popular movements specifically intended to harm the other side, and the conflict becomes guerilla. This stance only goes away after a ceasefire can be agreed to, and 4 turns have passed following the signing of the ceasefire.)

Other Diplomatic Actions
- Trade Agreement
- Give Money
- Give Troops
- Give Region
- Give City/Castle
- Appoint Duke
- Appoint Count

Economy - The economy in Rise of Civilizations will directly influence the amount of money you make per turn from taxes and trade. Each active citie’s economies will be rated on a scale of 1-5. This number, multiplied by 200, will give you the total taxes taken from that city each turn. This number can be manually increased by spending twice the current income of a region to upgrade it to the next. Therefore, spending 400 gold will increase a level 1 city to level 2. Trade is also important, all players trade with each other automatically unless requested specifically not to trade with another player, or they are at war. Each trade link adds 5% to the income of that region. So a region with level 2 economy, 3 land routes and 3 sea routes makes 400 + (400 x .30) = 520 gold per turn.

Culture - You civilizations culture expands simply through settlement. Settling cities is simple, all you need to do is spend 3000 gold on a city to have it become an active, contributing settlement to your tax and trade income, anything less than that places the city on the map, but does not make it economically important enough to be taxed or traded with.

Cultural Actions
- Found a New City
- Settle an Existing City

Military - The military aspect of Rise of Civilizations is handled simply. Players can recruit the following units, with the following costs and upkeeps. All units equal 100 men. These men are subtracted from the populations of the settlements they’re recruited from.
Infantry - 50 gold recruit / 25 gold upkeep
Missiles - 50 gold recruit / 25 gold upkeep
Cavalry - 125 gold recruit / 75 gold upkeep

The order of battle is simple. Missiles fire first, then infantry engage, then cavalry. When players order a march, they must also set a priority of attack. Example -
Hungary’s Capital Army marches on Austria‘s Eastern Army.
Missiles priority is Infantry, Missiles, then Cavalry.
Infantry priority is Infantry, Missiles, then Cavalry.
Cavalry priority is Missiles, Cavalry, then Infantry.

I will deal with determining the results of all battles, and if requested, will use an online die rolling script to generate die rolls for player reference.

The benefits and problems of the different unit types are -

Missiles always fire first even if the enemy has no missiles, but suffer a 25% loss to their defence efficiency if attacked by infantry or cavalry.

Infantry are the core of most armies and have no particular advantages or setbacks.

Cavalry, in the first round of combat, negate 25% of the enemies defence efficiency due to their first round charging power, but lose 25% of their own defence efficiency due to losing that charging momentum immediately thereafter in the second round of combat, they stabilize in the third round and neither gain or suffer anything.

3 rounds of combat will be tallied before the results are shown to the players. Combat rounds will be tallied in the following way.

For each side, a 100 sided die and a 10 sided die will be rolled for each group of the army, and that is the percent that successfully strike an opponent, then a 100 sided die and a 10 sided die are rolled for the opposing side, that is the percent that block the strike, then the remaining strikes that get through are multiplied by .35, and that is the number of casualties inflicted for that round. 00 and 0 on the die are treated as 0, not 100 and 10.

Example -
Civs - Hungary vs. Austria
Missiles - 1,600 vs. 1,000
Infantry - 10,000 vs. 14,000
Cavalry - 2,000 vs. 800

Round 1 - Missiles
Hungary rolls 0% for missile attack, Austria doesn‘t even need to roll defence.
Austria’s archers retaliate (assuming they posted an identical priority of attack)
Austria attacks with 14% attack efficiency, Hungary rolls a 95% defence efficiency, so Hungary only suffers (1,000 x .14 x .05 {the reverse of the defence is taken to tally the losses rather than survivors}) = 7 deaths. A rather pitiful display by both sides in regards to missile fire.

Round 1 - Infantry

Hungary’s infantry roll 36%, and Austria’s roll 56% defence, Austria loses a total of 1584 infantry. (Again, 10,000 x .36 x .44 = 1584)
Austria’s infantry retaliate with 28%, Hungary rolls a 1% defence, so Hungary suffers 3,881 infantry losses.

Round 1 - Cavalry

Hungary’s cavalry attack for 87%, Austria’s missiles roll 33% defence, but it’s reduced to 17% by the cavalry’s charging power and the fact that they‘re missiles troops and much less prepared for close combat. (2,000 x .87 x .83 ) = 1,444. Since Austria only has 1,000 archers, their missile regiment is completely overrun by the Hungarian cavalry.

Austria’s cavalry attack for 24% efficiency, and Hungary’s missiles defend for 75%, but this is reduced to 36% by the same factors. Austria scores 123 kills.

The casualties are tallied and armies recounted.
Civs - Hungary vs. Austria
Missiles - 1477 vs. 0
Infantry - 6,112 vs. 12,416
Cavalry - 2,000 vs. 800

Two more rounds will continue after this, and then the combat will end, and the player’s will have the option to give new orders to these armies the next turn.

In the event that an army loses 50% of it’s entire force in a single round before reaching round 3, that army will break and route, and the battle will be considered over. The defeated army will retreat one turn’s marching distance and the victorious army will remain where it is.

It is also possible to fortify regions with castles, castles are the only places where large standing armies can be housed. They can be fortified from a level of 1-3. Castles cost 2,000 gold to build, 1,000 gold to upgrade, and can hold up to 10,000 troops soldiers per level. They can be built anywhere.

When ordering armies to march, name the army itself and its target or its destination. I will path the quickest route there and place the armies location 1 turn’s march from its starting point.

One turn’s marching distance is roughly 250 kilometers.

Castles that are besieged can either be destroyed or occupied. Cities that are captured can either be occupied, sacked or exterminated. Occupying cities keep them under your control. Sacking cities gives you 4 turns worth of it’s income but drops it to a level 1 city. Exterminating a city erases it from the map, gives you 2 turns worth of it’s income, and prompts the war to fall to the next level, “Instinctive National Loathing”, but it has the benefit of never coming back to bite you later.

Military Orders -
- Build Castle
- March Army
- Occupy / Destroy captured castle.
- Occupy / Sack / Exterminate captured city.

Joining the Game -

If you’re interested in playing, post here with the name of your top three civilization choices (in case one is already taken and it just hasn’t been updated yet and you didn’t notice), and we’ll start the game on the first Monday of March.

All diplomatic activity should be carried out privately between players and agreed treaties sent to me to be recorded. All turn orders should be sent directly to me to be carried out.

I firmly believe we can all have a great time with this. Signups are being taken and Civs can start being reserved now.

I personally would like to take the reigns of Poland.

CURRENT PLAYERS
Lucjan - Poland
Seamus Fermanagh - Ireland
Ichigo - England
Caius Flaminius - Iberia
UltraWar - Portugal
HughTower - France
Pevergreen - Rome
Lord Motep of Kendermore - Greece
CountArach - Corsica
Warluster - Holy Roman Empire
Sapi - Russia
Faust| - Scandinavia
Stig - Faroe Islands
GeneralHankerchief - Scotland
Destroyer of Hope - Ottomans
Crazed Rabbit - Egypt
Ignoramus - Anglo-Saxony
Cimmerian - ??
TwilightBlade - ??

Note - Ichigo wants GH off his island. ~;p Just wondering if you'll see this GH. hahaha

Further Notes in Regards to Player Questions
Are casualties worked out simultaneously?
https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showpost.php?p=1443207&postcount=28
How do troops move across water?
https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showpost.php?p=1443564&postcount=38
Garrisons and Attacking Cities/Castles
https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showpost.php?p=1443824&postcount=40
Founding Cities, Requirements and Distances?
https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showpost.php?p=1446926&postcount=44
Brief Notes on Orders and What Players Start With
https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showpost.php?p=1446940&postcount=45
Numerous Questions Raised on Variable Topics
https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showpost.php?p=1449146&postcount=69
Spies?
https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showpost.php?p=1450994&postcount=77
Heartland Provinces and Territory
https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showpost.php?p=1451286&postcount=83

Seamus Fermanagh
02-25-2007, 19:22
Might have a go at this, have to consider my schedule a bit. Projected start date?

Csargo
02-25-2007, 19:32
I'll have a go at this. England would be a nice place to start.

Caius
02-25-2007, 20:08
I will join

UltraWar
02-25-2007, 20:21
I'll join this

Lucjan
02-25-2007, 20:48
We'll be starting on March 5th, the first monday of the month.

I'm Editing the main post now with our first signers. ~:)

Seamus Fermanagh
02-25-2007, 21:53
I'll join.

Preferences:

1. Ireland

2. Norway/Iceland

3. Egypt

HughTower
02-25-2007, 22:12
I'll join.

1. France
2. Spain
3. Netherlands

Ta.

Lucjan
02-25-2007, 23:12
We've got a decent list growing, this is going to be good. ~:)

The starting conditions have been decided as such.

To keep an even playing field and allow all the players an equal shot at getting off to a good start, everybody will be starting with the following.

A Level 3 City (Name of your choice, location of your choice.)
20,000 Population

Income (600)
- Upkeep (0)
---------------
= Profit (600) gold per turn.

Starting Treasury 7,500

pevergreen
02-26-2007, 00:18
Callsies myself as the Romans! king role

Motep
02-26-2007, 03:37
This sounds really good. Top three picks: #1: Greeks, #2: Carthage, #3: Visi-goths

If greeks, Ill make the capital Kendermore (the kind will be referred to as lord Motep of kendermore) and place it about where Athens is
If carthage, It will be Solace, about where Carthage was
If Visi-goths, Ill make it Tear, about where Berlin is

CountArach
02-26-2007, 06:28
1. Corsica
2. Sicily
3. Sardinia

I just want to be an island :P

Warluster
02-26-2007, 08:50
I'll play!

Top Three Nations-

1.Holy Roman Empire

2.Prussia

3.Bavaria

And I would like to be king for one of these countries.

sapi
02-26-2007, 09:53
I'm in (king)

1.Russia
2.Byzantium
3.Turkey

pevergreen
02-26-2007, 10:34
So what will the civilisation limit be? We have quite a few kings now..

Lucjan
02-26-2007, 15:19
We do have a decent number of players right now, but not too many yet. There's still quite a bit of open space. There's nobody in Scandinavia, Iberia, Anatolia, Africa, the Middle East, Hungary, the eastern steppes (kipchaks, alans, etc).

Mind you it won't be necessary to fill these positions to start the game. But the start date is set for Monday of next week, March 5th, to give us some more time to let these spots potentially fill.

I'll be sending out a pm to everybody today with some minor clarifications on sending me turn orders and how/when I'll carry them out.

Caius
02-26-2007, 16:45
Iberia for me!

UltraWar
02-26-2007, 18:08
I'll be Portugal

Lucjan
02-26-2007, 18:48
Excellent, 2-3 more players, preferably to take positions in the east, would balance everything out nicely.

EDIT

Here's the current starting positions as they are now.

https://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p108/lucjian/RoCStart-1.jpg

Faust|
02-26-2007, 19:26
I'm in

first choice: Scandinavia
second: Anatolia
third: Hungary

Lucjan
02-26-2007, 22:03
Here's an example of how the map will change throughout the course of the game.

https://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p108/lucjian/example.jpg

Csargo
02-26-2007, 22:13
This looks very good Lucjan I commend you for your work. :bow:

Lucjan
02-26-2007, 22:24
Thank you. I'm getting anxious to start it. :sweatdrop: But I want to stick by the March 5th date.

Stig
02-26-2007, 22:33
I would like to be the Faroe Islands ~D

Csargo
02-26-2007, 22:59
I'll be fine when ever you start Lucjan. ;)

Crazed Rabbit
02-26-2007, 22:59
One question: if one nation's infantry attacks first, inflicting 1000 dead out of 5000 enemy infantry, will the enemy infantry attack be calculated with 5000 men or 4000? Seems to be using 5000 would be appropriate.

CR

GeneralHankerchief
02-26-2007, 23:12
I'm tempted to take Austria or Hungary just to ensure an interesting first few turns, but I'll take Scotland. :yes:

Prefs:

1. Scotland
2. Turkey
3. Sicily

Lucjan
02-26-2007, 23:14
I work out the casualties one side at a time because it's easier but don't actually subtract them until both have been rolled while at full strength.

What I mean is, if two players have 5,000, and player one inflicts 800 casualties, player two still works out their kill score with the original 5,000. After both sides have gone with full strength, then I subtract the losses.

Caius
02-27-2007, 00:52
What year it is?Can I discover america :grin:

Csargo
02-27-2007, 01:07
Gh Get Off My Island!!!

Lord Winter
02-27-2007, 01:17
Good Idea Lucjen, it's nice to see something other then mafia here.
1. Ottomans
2. Kipchaks
3. Scilly

Cimmerian
02-27-2007, 01:38
I'll join PEVERs romans

Crazed Rabbit
02-27-2007, 02:36
Hmm, I'll go:
1) Egypt
2) Steppe Tribes (something northeast of the black sea?)
3) Carthage (it's not historical, after all)

Crazed Rabbit

Faust|
02-27-2007, 02:43
Can you transport troops across water?

pevergreen
02-27-2007, 03:10
No! :laugh4:
Im guessing so (Sardina, Italy,Britan etc. plus in the map, Britan raided denmark.)

Motep
02-27-2007, 03:23
I need subjects!!!

Faust|
02-27-2007, 03:40
No! :laugh4:
Im guessing so (Sardina, Italy,Britan etc. plus in the map, Britan raided denmark.)

Well I meant HOW do you transport troops across water.

Csargo
02-27-2007, 05:53
Well I meant HOW do you transport troops across water.

To save on complication, as there's a lot to the game already, it won't actually be necessary to construct navies but armies will cross water as if they were on a fleet. If armies engage at sea, missile troops work the same and infantry can board so they work the same, but cavalry lose their special abilities and fight solely as infantry.

Here.

CountArach
02-27-2007, 06:02
Awww :( There goes my pirating idea.

Lucjan
02-27-2007, 13:50
Come now CountArach! You can still be a pirate! Sack enemy coastal cities, withdraw, head further down the coast and do it again! Sure pulling out so fast like that means you'll lose actual control of the city, but you get 4 turns worth of its income. Pirating is a very real possibility.

I just wouldn't expect other players not to come after you for it. ~;) Or, in that respect, keep castles with large garrisons near important port cities.

Cimmerian, sorry but as of right now, Pever only has 1 city and can't bestow a duchy or county until he has more. I can grant you your own kingdom in a different section of Italy, or you can wait until Pever founds new cities after the game starts and see if he'll be kind of to duke you ~;).

Crazed Rabbit and Destroyer of Hope, thanks for adding some more meat to the east. ~:)

I also noticed something else that I accidentally left out of the first post.

City Garrisons - While castles provide the largest garrisonable spaces on the map, they're not the only ones. Cities can also be garrisoned, but to a lesser degree. Whereas castles can hold 10,000 troops for every level, cities can only hold 2,500 per level.

So the maximum level 3 castle can garrison 30,000 troops, while the maximum level 5 city can garrison 12,500 troops.

However, both cities and castles have the added bonus of their garrison troops receiving +5% to all defense rolls, and missile troops receiving +5% to all attack rolls.

Prolonged sieges will be left out of the game due to the real time length of each turn.

EDIT - We'll worry about the possibility of discovering America after Europe has been fully settled. ~;) I'm not saying it won't be possible...but it might make the scope of the game too large for one man to handle running.

pevergreen
02-28-2007, 01:22
Cimmerian has informed me he will wait for a duchy of mine. We are RL friends and will communicate like that sometimes. He is too lazy to post while playing the helicopter game :whip:

CountArach
02-28-2007, 04:04
Come now CountArach! You can still be a pirate! Sack enemy coastal cities, withdraw, head further down the coast and do it again! Sure pulling out so fast like that means you'll lose actual control of the city, but you get 4 turns worth of its income. Pirating is a very real possibility.

I'm tempted to just go in and destroy cities :P

I can recolonise the land later right?

Lucjan
02-28-2007, 13:26
Yes you can recolonise later. As soon as the next turn later actually, but the wisdom in that would depend on the proximity of angry enemy armies.

And that's fine pevergreen.

Lucjan
03-01-2007, 21:21
Ok!

I know I said the game would start March 5th, but I'm as eager as any of you to get into this.

So, I'm willing to start the game tomorrow. Frday, March 2, for a couple reasons. Firstly, I'd like to be able to answer any and all questions that may arise during actual play over the course of this weekend so we can all be sure of everything and have any potential issues hammered out early on. Secondly, I'm as eager to start as any of you.

I'll officially start accepting turns tomorrow on March 2nd,

and the first turn will end on Friday March 9.

Also, Faust brought up an interesting question in a pm that I think should be adressed here.

Hello Lucjan,

One question about your game: What are the requirements for founding a city? For example, say my first city is in Denmark. What is stopping me from immediately founding a city by the Black Sea, or wherever I please?

Faust

My responce was --

Distance and all the game mechanics related to it is to stop you.

Movement of armies and settlers is only up to 250 kilometers per turn. That and common sense as well. The farther apart your newer cities are the harder it will be and the longer it will take to reinforce them with troops from older, more populace cities.

Cities are settled in groups of 1,000 settlers, each costing 1,000 gold to send. A city requires 3,000 people to be large enough to collect taxes, if it ever drops below 3,000, it stops being profitable until the population comes back either by time or it's resettled.

That and cities don't have infinitely extending boundaries, as shown in the preview maps, if you found a city 1,000 km from your next nearest city, it will take 4 turns for the settlers to arrive, it will acquire no trade as it won't be connected to anything (unless it's a port city), will be very difficult to reinforce, and will be subject to the whim of the nearest enemy civilization.

Overall, it's more of a hassle than it's worth to try to spread yourself far and wide before you have any kind of a localized homeland or financial stronghold from which to do so, and could potentially mean an early defeat.

If your first city is, for the sake of argument, Copenhagen, it would benefit you to stay in the regions of northeastern germany, mainland denmark and the southern tip of sweden to consider your first colonies.

EDIT - In the unlikely event that my pm box fills and you can't get through to me on the .org, send any orders to lucjian@yahoo.com (yes, intentionally misspelled from the proper pronunciation used here on the .org) ~;)

Lucjan
03-01-2007, 21:30
Sorry for the double post, but a few players joined in after this was sent out and I just want to make sure it's available for everybody just in case. Those who already have this, scroll down anyway to read the note at the bottom.

Just to clarify some minor things, sending orders in Rise of Civilization is easy. All you need to do is send me a PM with any of the things you want done, and I'll go about subtracting all the necessary expenses and working out your new treasury, upkeep, etc.

Diplomatic conversation between players is encouraged and will most likely be necessary for neighbors and allies, but I only need to know when actual treaties are agreed upon.

Here's a list of orders you could make.

Stances and Treaties
(For alliance, NAPs and trade agreement I need both players to confirm it with me.)
- Alliance
- Non Aggression Pact
- Trade Agreement
- Peace
- Ceasefire (for x number of turns)
- War
- Instinctive National Loathing

Other Diplomatic Actions
- Give Money
- Give Troops
- Give Region
- Give City/Castle
- Appoint Duke
- Appoint Count

Cultural Actions
- Found a New City (1,000 gold per 1,000 settlers)
- Settle an Existing City (1,000 gold per 1,000 settlers)

Military Orders -
- Build Castle (2,000gold start, 1,000 gold upgrade)
- March Army
- Occupy / Destroy captured castle.
- Occupy / Sack / Exterminate captured city.

Also -

All players will start the game with the following.

A Level 3 city, their capital, with a population of 20,000.
Taxes/Trade = +600
Upkeep = -0
Current Treasury = 7,500

Caius
03-02-2007, 03:38
I know, this isnt started...yet

So, If UltraWar agrees, I propose an alliance with trade agreement

Lord Winter
03-02-2007, 03:45
Lucijen could you you update the map with mine and rabits starting positions?
By the way your link is broken.

Ignoramus
03-02-2007, 03:58
I'll play as the Anglo-Saxons(Northern England of course).

Do you want me to get off your island too Csar?:laugh4:

Csargo
03-02-2007, 07:14
I'll play as the Anglo-Saxons(Northern England of course).

Do you want me to get off your island too Csar?:laugh4:

Don't you think it will be a little crowded?

Oh and GET OFF MY FRICKEN ISLAND YOU YOU AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CountArach
03-02-2007, 07:45
Later in the game I am looking to hire out my ability as a pirate. If anyone has a good prospect for me, then please feel free to PM me!

pevergreen
03-02-2007, 13:56
Twilightblade is going to join my Roman team (it is growing nicely),
He should have PM'ed you already.
Another RL friend, who signed up today, wants to be involved, but not over the top involved. Oh, he plays mafia. :yes:

Lucjan
03-02-2007, 20:32
Don't know what's going on with that broken link, I'll take a look at it.

Here's the most up-to-date map. ~:) Please note the moves I've receieved already won't be shown until the end of turn 1 (Friday this coming week), most likely going up Saturday afternoon.

https://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p108/lucjian/RoCStart.jpg

CountArach
03-02-2007, 21:00
Lol, the British Isle are going to be incredibly bloody. Nothing like a good bit of pirating to tip the balance in your favour *cough*

HughTower
03-02-2007, 21:35
Right, have we started yet? Presuming you're telling us what our first city is by PM? Though I imagine that mine will be Paris...

I have these questions:

Is there a limit to the orders I place each turn?
When did the financial benefits of my actions kick in - e.g. I found a new city in Turn 1, do I find that my income (if I've put 3000+ settlers in) will rise at the beginning of turn 2?
Do I just tell you what new city I want to found, say, Dijon etc?
Do domestic trades routes count as well as foreign ones - eg if I found Dijon, do I get my 5% trade bonus in Paris & in Dijon?
Are we all Kings then?
What is the relevance of population other than to settle with?
Do I ask enough questions?

:help:

Crazed Rabbit
03-02-2007, 21:57
How big are the sea regions - could I, Egypt, trade with Greece, Italy, Corsica?

Also does the terrain affect the founding of cities - like the desert I am surrounded with?

Crazed Rabbit

UltraWar
03-02-2007, 22:35
I know, this isnt started...yet

I agree to your well crafted proposal and may our great Iberian Nations grow and prosper from this.

Ignoramus
03-02-2007, 23:39
Lucjan, I can't see the latest map.

Motep
03-02-2007, 23:53
wait, wait, wait...did you start the game yet?

Csargo
03-03-2007, 00:02
Lucjan, I can't see the latest map.

Don't worry you won't be on MY little island for too long Ign. ~;)

Motep
03-03-2007, 00:07
I publicly announce my support for Ichigos claim to the British isle.

pevergreen
03-03-2007, 00:19
Thats a bold move this early on...

Warluster
03-03-2007, 00:20
That won't do any good because where youy are, Englands like a millenium away.

Motep
03-03-2007, 00:22
I know. i will send them aid as time progresses, although i am unable to do so now.

pevergreen
03-03-2007, 00:24

Do we have to publicly announce Alliances and such?

Motep
03-03-2007, 00:42
not sure

Csargo
03-03-2007, 02:03
Do we have starting troops?

CountArach
03-03-2007, 02:30
Do we have starting troops?

Probably not, it would have been mentioned.

I don't think that we have to publicly declare alliances and such. He did mention that this information will be made available as time progresses.

sapi
03-03-2007, 04:34
Alliances/NAPs etc. are not public, but if you break one that is made public knowledge.

Lucjan
03-03-2007, 14:44
Ok, just got out of work, so I'll answer everybody's questions.

Firstly, HughTower.

Right, have we started yet? Presuming you're telling us what our first city is by PM? Though I imagine that mine will be Paris...

I have these questions:

Is there a limit to the orders I place each turn?
When did the financial benefits of my actions kick in - e.g. I found a new city in Turn 1, do I find that my income (if I've put 3000+ settlers in) will rise at the beginning of turn 2?
Do I just tell you what new city I want to found, say, Dijon etc?
Do domestic trades routes count as well as foreign ones - eg if I found Dijon, do I get my 5% trade bonus in Paris & in Dijon?
Are we all Kings then?
What is the relevance of population other than to settle with?
Do I ask enough questions?

Yes, I got anxious to start and announced I'd be starting the game a few days early for the very sake of answering questions like this. ~;) However, the end date of the first turn has not changed, and remains Friday, March 9th.

Some of you specified first city locations, others didn't, so for those who didn't, I simply placed it at a reasonable starting position according to the medieval time period.

There is no limit to the orders you can place each turn.

If you order the founding of a city or beginning of a trade agreement, or another player sends you money, etc in turn 1, then all of those things go into effect on turn 2.

What you will find if you found a 3,000 settler city on turn one, is that your treasury, according to settlement costs, will have dropped 3,000 gold, BUT, you will now have a level 1 economy city that will provide you with 200+ (depending on trade) gold every turn. So cities are basically lump sum investments that pay themselves back in installments, but do so perpetually, unless you lose them to an enemy player.

If you want to found a new city, just tell me, give me a name (doesn't have to be real), and a comparable location to a real city. Say you want to found the city of Hugh, with 3,000 settlers, where Nice is today, that's all I'd need to know.

Domestic trade routes count, yes, and yes, you get the bonus in both cities.

You're all kings so far, but Pevergreen is Duking a player this turn.

Without significant population, cities don't pay taxes or collect income from trade, and your population determines how many soldiers you can field. When you hire soldiers, unless you purchase them from another player, (In which you'd tell me to send them x amount of gold and they tell me to send you x number of soldiers from "city y".), the city you recruit the soldiers in drops in population equal to the number of soldiers you recruit. So basically, without population, you can't have soldiers, so you can't fight.

And lastly, questions are good, they get answers which hopefully clear up all confusion. ~;)

To Crazed Rabbit

How big are the sea regions - could I, Egypt, trade with Greece, Italy, Corsica?

Also does the terrain affect the founding of cities - like the desert I am surrounded with?

First, the distance between civilizations does not matter in terms of sea trade. It only matters when moving armies over the sea, in which case they move up to 250 kilometers a turn.

As for terrain affecting the founding of cities, I honestly hadn't thought of that. Although large cities in the middle of the Sahara are about as likely as Fidel Castro turning Cuba into a democracy before he croaks, it can't be denied that there were large concentrations of nomadic people in the area then and still, to a lesser degree, are today. So let's say that, for the sake of argument and giving our desert dwelling players an equal oppertunity, we'll allow the settlement of these desert lands with "cities" to recognize the prevelance of nomadic people in the area.

To Ichigo
I didn't start anybody with troops as I didn't want to start anybody with an initial financial burden they may not have wanted. Disbandment of troops is just as easy as hiring them, and when you do, the region they're in gets the population boost, but I thought it better to not have any of you brits trying to squash each other on turn 1. ~;) Just to make sure you all had a fighting chance.

And to Pevergreen
My initial inclination in regards to NAPs and Alliances being public knowledge were to allow the following.
1 - Players spilling the beans all on their own is fine.
2 - Knowledge of the immediately affective political playground.

Example of what I mean - Scotland would know about anybody dabbling in the affairs of their immediate nieghbors, the Anglo-Saxons, the Irish and the Faroe Islands.

However, if, say, England, who is effectively the neighbor of Scotland's neighor, and therefore just far enough away to not be within the immediate realm of Scotland's politicing this early, makes any deals, the Scots won't have a clue.

Also, "neighbors" with huge distances between them, i.e. Iberia and France, or Poland and Russia, will have no clue about any of this until they get closer to each other's civilizations.

I believe this is reasonable.

Also, breaking of any alliances or NAPs will be made public knowledge, as well as the reason. Two nations may simply choose to amiably part ways as the reason for their alliance no longer affects them, and that will be made known. But if somebody maliciously stabs an ally in the back, that will also be made known.

I hope I've answered everybody's questions for the moment, if there are any more. Please, let me know. ~:)

sapi
03-04-2007, 10:03
Okay.

Firstly (and as my knowledge of european distance is flawed) could you show on a map the maximum movement for an army each turn?

Secondly, can we make it that alliances that have been broken peacefully are not made public knowledge if they weren't to begin with?

sapi
03-04-2007, 10:29
Statement of Intent

The Russian Empire declares the following territories to come rightfully under its control. It further declares that it will never cross these borders into the territory of another kingdom without prior provocation.

http://users.on.net/~purdsa/roc/map (intent).jpg

The Russian Empire wishes it to be known that it is willing to be a benevolent friend; but also a tenacious enemy. Any military incursion into areas of the Russian heartland (outlined in red) will result in Instinctive National Loathing and a fight to the very death. Any kingdom which harbours such enemies of the motherland shall likewise be destroyed.

Any kingdom which wishes to become allied with the Russian Empire may claim either an Alliance or a Non-Aggression Pact and a Trade Agreement simply by agreeing to the Empire’s natural right to the control of the areas outlined above.

Czar sapi

Caius
03-04-2007, 16:09
Alliances/NAPs etc. are not public, but if you break one that is made public knowledge.
There go a :gah:

:gah:Worthy

Lucjan
03-04-2007, 19:50
Perhaps we should have a poll in regards to diplomacy and its availability to players as common knowledge?

Lucjan
03-04-2007, 22:28
Note - The map on Page 1, Post 1 of this thread has been updated to show all current starting locations (prior to orders) and a scale at the left hand side depicting 250 km according to the scale of the map we're using, as some players were a little unsure of how far 250 km was.

Faust|
03-05-2007, 00:37
Statement of Intent

The Russian Empire declares the following territories to come rightfully under its control. It further declares that it will never cross these borders into the territory of another kingdom without prior provocation.

what a mighty weapon photoshop can be :beam:

Seamus Fermanagh
03-05-2007, 00:54
Perhaps we should have a poll in regards to diplomacy and its availability to players as common knowledge?

I'd say let the negotiators decide public or private. If public, post it for everyone. If private, have it learnable at a fee -- spies etc.

Lucjan
03-05-2007, 01:57
I've heard the prospect of spies mentioned twice now and haven't really said anything myself on it..

My stance on spies is - players can do that themselves. ~;) That's really the best way, in my personal opinion, to represent that.

If you want to know who somebody is allied to, ask whoever marches an army that way first. :laugh4: Because I can almost guarantee as soon as someone marches a large army at someone, the word between allies will start buzzing about and troops will start moving. So if, say, the HRE marches towards France on turn 4, and on turn 5 we see France, Spain, and Rome all mobilizing forces, there's really only one question that remains. Who is marching in France's defence, and who is marching to snatch a chunk from France's behind?

Warluster
03-05-2007, 06:48
I would never invade France (only if there askign for it!)

I have no thoguths for now, and I wish all Kings luck (Including SUltans-Tsars,etc,etc)

Csargo
03-05-2007, 07:08
Is there a certain percent of our first city's population that we draw from to recruit troops?

CountArach
03-05-2007, 07:15
Pirating - Price Guide

I have decided to go ahead with my pirating idea. It could add some interesting situations to the game. However, I am going to put myself up for hire. The prices for which are as follows (Don't worry, there will be examples at the end :wink: ). Note that all prices are negotiable, and subject to change.

Base Price
Size of city - Price:

Size 1 - 600 Gold
Size 2 - 1000 Gold
Size 3 - 1600 Gold
Size 4 - 2400 Gold
Size 5 - 3500 Gold

In addition to this you must pay for 1 turn worth of the upkeep of the size of the army that you choose for the raid (See below).

Price Modifiers
If the raid takes me inland then it costs you an extra 50% of the base price, due to the risk involved.

Attacking the capital costs an extra 50% of the base price

Attacking a region with a castle in it costs an extra 50% of the base price.

If I fight a battle you must pay the equivalent value of the men that I lost within that battle.

If the area I am fighting falls within my homelands or sphere of influence then I will do the mission for half the price if you leave the land unoccupied and I am able to recolonise it later.

Late payments will not be tolerated! If you have not paid two turns after I have attacked the person, I will reveal that you commissioned the attack, and I will raid several of your towns, as well as offering my services at half price to the person you commissioned the attack against. So pay back on time!

Army Selection
When commissioning a job you will get a selection of the troops currently available. The list will be updated each turn. As said you must pay 1 turns worth of upkeep for the units you hire out. The minimum number of men at the moment that can be hired is 500.

Notes on Diplomacy
I am willing to take both sides of a conflict. If someone hires me to fight you, what better way to get back at them than to commission me to raid some of their cities? In cases such as this I will enter negotiations and the highest bidder will win.

I will not attack my allies at any time, well at least not without a large amount of money being offered :wink:

If you wish you can negotiate paying tribute with me to make yourself exempt from my wrath. This will only be broken for a really good price. My word is good on this one.

You can ask to remain annonymous, though I reserve the right to tell who commissioned the attack if I so wish, without any reason.

Notes on Homelands and Sphere of Influence

Homelands are locations that I have deemed to be worth of inhabitation by "true" Corsicans. They are all islands in the western Medditerranean and are as follows:

Corsica
Sardinia
Sicily
Malta
Balearic Isles

My sphere of influence is the area over which I like to be involved and will consider establishing colonies. As said, any jobs commissioned in these areas will be done at half price, however I will want a personal guarantee that you will defend me in case of attack, which is likely in places such as this. They are as follows:

Crete
Rhodes
Cyprus
Southern Italy
Southern France
Eastern and Southern Iberia
North Africa from Cyrene West

Examples

There are three players in all of these. Player A, Player B and Myself.

Example 1
Player A commissions me to attack a Port City of Player B. It is level 2, and outside my sphere of influence. He chooses to attack with 1000 Men, all of which are Infantry.
First off he pays me the upkeep cost of the infantry. This needs to be paid in advance. The total is 250 Gold. Then I conduct the raid. First I declare war on player B, then I move my soldiers onto the port town. There is no garrison or local soldiers, so I destroy the town. At this point he needs to pay me 1000 Gold for the job.

Example 2
This time Player A wants me to attack a level 3 city of Player B, however it is inland. Yet the good thing for Player A is that the city falls withing my sphere of influence and he has agreed to let me colonise the land. He chooses to attack with 500 men this time, however they are all cavalry. This is 375 Gold that needs to be paid in advance.
The pricing of the rest is as follows:
Level 3 City 1600 Gold
Inland + 800 (Half of Base)
Total 2400 Gold
Inside sphere of influence is half price

So total is 1200 Gold.

So yeah, any questions?

Lucjan
03-05-2007, 08:14
Ichigo - For the sake of keeping recruitment simple, let's go with our "population" being the number of adult males in the city.

CountArach - Sounds like it could be dirt cheap or really pricey depending on the locale and how the commissioner plays his cards...interesting idea.

Ignoramus
03-05-2007, 08:42
One question, how do you determine our "heartland" provinces?

Lucjan
03-05-2007, 09:04
EDITED - No more population, provinces are now simply aesthetic.

Ignoramus
03-05-2007, 10:35
How much gold do we start with?

sapi
03-05-2007, 10:39
7500 iirc

It's somewhere in the thread

Lucjan
03-05-2007, 10:59
7500 is correct.

Ignoramus
03-05-2007, 11:02
So castles are built just "anywhere" in the province? I mean, you don't have to specify locations on the map?

Also, how do the provinces come about. I guess its with establishing new cities, but what determines the extent/size of them.

Thanks, this is shaping up to be a great game. You derserve a ducat, Lucjan.

sapi
03-05-2007, 11:10
@Ignoramus - here are my guesses

You can specifiy the exact location of the castle (as this would be necessary for you to make the most of its benefits to nearby cities)

Personally i'd be leaning towards player defined provinces, but i'm not sure.

Oh, and Lucjan deserves a medal for hosting this :yes:

Lucjan
03-05-2007, 11:38
Firstly.

NOTE TO ALL PLAYERS
I've updated the end of Post #1 with a comprehensive list of links to all the questions I've answered so far, excluding the one I'm about to, which will then be added. :laugh4:

I've been getting mixed comments on players in regards to castles. Some just said "near city A", given that 250km marching distance is quite a distance, my guess is they weren't overly concerned with the precise location of where this castle was going so long as it went up pretty close.

Others have specified specific locations by saying "in city A" or "where the city of 'whatever' is today."

Its really up to you and how specific you want to be with the positioning of the castle.

Since provinces and cities are likely going to be ever-changing, I'm saving the map in seperate layers, one with just the geography, one with just the cities, castles, and moving armies, and one with just the province boundaries.

As far as actual provincial boundaries go, I started out originally basing them loosely off the immediately surrounding geography and just doing it myself.

HOWEVER, I have since changed my mind as to how I want to go about this, and was going to make an announcement about it tomorrow actually.

Provinces will now be handled in the following way. This new way allows for the creation of more trade routes per city, thereby increasing player income from both domestic and foreign trade.

1 - A province consists of 3-5 cities and is created by the player simply by telling me what cities comprise the province. I'll draw the borders based loosely on the geographic radius around those three cities. All cities inside a province automatically trade with each other, as well as each city gaining 1 trade route for every other province it's connected to. Cities not incorporated into a province are frontier cities, and only get a trade route leading to the province it is nearest to. Frontier cities don't get borders until they're incorporated into a province. To do that, all the player has to do is tell me "put city A into province B".

EDIT - And coastal provinces now get an additional trade route for each city they have within 60 km of the coast.

A map will follow this describing the new process, working on it now.

Ignoramus
03-05-2007, 11:41
Good luck with that, Lucjan. I hope it isn't too complicated, though.

sapi
03-05-2007, 11:44
Good luck.

I've got a photoshop copy of the map (with layers showing, for example, the maximum distance my troops can march each turn, as well as, iirc, city placement distance, which is the same) so i'll probably just put an image in my turn report showing where i want new cities, castles and the like :beam:

Lucjan
03-05-2007, 12:05
deleted

sapi
03-05-2007, 12:55
Interesting.

Nice work once again

:bow:

Lucjan
03-05-2007, 21:06
Thanks. :beam:

GeneralHankerchief
03-05-2007, 21:31
One question.

I haven't seen anything about starting armies. Do we all start with no military force?

(this question is purely hypothetical, of course. :grin:)

HughTower
03-05-2007, 23:20
One question.

I haven't seen anything about starting armies. Do we all start with no military force?

(this question is purely hypothetical, of course. :grin:)

and in someone else's words....

I didn't start anybody with troops as I didn't want to start anybody with an initial financial burden they may not have wanted. Disbandment of troops is just as easy as hiring them, and when you do, the region they're in gets the population boost, but I thought it better to not have any of you brits trying to squash each other on turn 1. Just to make sure you all had a fighting chance.

GeneralHankerchief
03-05-2007, 23:25

Motep
03-06-2007, 03:08
soooo.... how do get more people, besides conquering?

do you just buy them? (that is what I am assuming, so that is the configuration in my orders)

Ignoramus
03-06-2007, 03:26
So do we still only start with one city, or has it been changed?

Faust|
03-06-2007, 03:28
soooo.... how do get more people, besides conquering?

do you just buy them? (that is what I am assuming, so that is the configuration in my orders)

yes, you buy them in groups of 1000. There's also population growth.

CountArach
03-06-2007, 07:02
There's only two players with issues regarding this that I need to go over with them. Those being CountArach on Corsica and Stig on the Faroe Islands. There's going to be some exceptions made for them due to the location of their starting cities.

Oh? Could it be something simple like each seperate island is a province?

Ignoramus
03-06-2007, 08:41
CountArach, I'd like to hire you to attack the Corsican pirates. If you utterly defeat them then I'll send you a ducat.

:laugh4: Just joking. I think that's a great idea of yours. It adds variety to the game.

CountArach
03-06-2007, 08:44
CountArach, I'd like to hire you to attack the Corsican pirates. If you utterly defeat them then I'll send you a ducat.

:laugh4: Just joking. I think that's a great idea of yours. It adds variety to the game.

Well....... if the price is right............ :rolleyes:

Thanks though. I was trying something unusual. Keeps everyone on their toes :tongue2:

Ignoramus
03-06-2007, 09:10
Well, when I say it's a good idea, I mean it's a good idea provided you don't attack me. ~;p

sapi
03-06-2007, 09:16
He's welcome to attack me :laugh4:

At 5 turns away from the rest of europe, i might notice him coming though :beam:

Ignoramus
03-06-2007, 09:19
Beware of the communists though. You never know when they'll show up.

pevergreen
03-06-2007, 09:31
:inquisitive: What?

Ignoramus
03-06-2007, 11:13
I was just poking a joke at sapi because he's isolated from everyone else. He'll have to worry about rebellions and revolutions.

sapi
03-06-2007, 11:44
Fascist governments don't have to worry about that sort of thing :laugh4:

Lucjan
03-06-2007, 15:05
STIG and COUNTARACH

As CountArach has already raised the question. Yes, it can be something as simple as each island being a province. For someone like Stig it would be crazy to try to cram 3 major cities on the Faroe's alone. :dizzy2: Or for CountArach to try to fit 3 on Corsica, I don't think we'd be able to see the island after I put the city markers on it. :laugh4:

So, the province exception will be made for those two, who started the game on minor islands with no reasonable amount of space to expand without having to invade the mainland.

Csargo
03-06-2007, 21:43
I was just poking a joke at sapi because he's isolated from everyone else. He'll have to worry about rebellions and revolutions.

BRING ON THE RED REVOLUTION!!

sapi
03-07-2007, 12:17
:no:

Any attempt at revolution will be crushed and the ringleaders publically executed with their extended families.

:beam:

Seamus Fermanagh
03-07-2007, 13:51
:no:

Any attempt at revolution will be crushed and the ringleaders publically executed with their extended families.

:beam:

Ah...a clear example of the rise of "civilization."

Lucjan
03-07-2007, 15:35
deleted

Ignoramus
03-08-2007, 04:10
It's a shame that no one is in Carthage. That's really the only empty hole apart from the Balkans.

New people, please sign up.

Csargo
03-08-2007, 04:23
It's a shame that no one is in Carthage. That's really the only empty hole apart from the Balkans.

New people, please sign up.

https://img227.imageshack.us/img227/3909/rocstart2jt3.jpg

:yes:

Ignoramus
03-08-2007, 06:18
Yes, yes, we all know that North Africa will soon be part of the Anglo-Saxon empire. But there isn't anyone there at the start. I know that Ichigo is dying to colonise the Balkans, so there shouldn't be a problem there either.

CountArach
03-08-2007, 06:59
I volunteer to fill Carthage...

Pirating Carthaginians! Bring it on!

Seamus Fermanagh
03-08-2007, 14:11
I volunteer to fill Carthage...

Pirating Carthaginians! Bring it on!

Do you mean Carthagian pirates?

Or are you going to pirate Carthaginians?

...And what is the price of a Carthaginian on the open market? Do they retail for more if they come with attached war elephant?

Lucjan
03-08-2007, 14:33
War Elephants count as accessories, available with three different saddle styles and a variety of different eye shadows, genuine immitation Prada bag included if you buy the Limited Edition for only $40 more.

HughTower
03-08-2007, 14:34
Do you mean Carthagian pirates?

Or are you going to pirate Carthaginians?

...And what is the price of a Carthaginian on the open market? Do they retail for more if they come with attached war elephant?

Current market price of a Carthaginian can be found here (http://www.amazon.co.uk/No-Angel-UK-Dido/dp/B000056ULS/ref=pd_ka_1/202-9780673-8040667?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1173360663&sr=8-1).

Seamus Fermanagh
03-08-2007, 16:10
War Elephants count as accessories, available with three different saddle styles and a variety of different eye shadows, genuine immitation Prada bag included if you buy the Limited Edition for only $40 more.

Well, of COURSE! The accessories MAKE the ensemble. :yes: Now I just have to figure out how much bubble wrap I'll need to ship in my new Carthagian & elephant -- I'll take classic kohl for the eye shadow.

Do I have to wrap them separately? :inquisitive:

Lucjan
03-08-2007, 21:02
Any single package wrap job is acceptable so long as they arrive in pristine condition.

Oh, and remember, the Limited Edition is "NRFB", Never Remove From Box. It's a collector's item, not a toy. And if we find out that you ever removed it from its sacred case, you shall suffer a shunning a thousand times more terrible than you deserve!

Oh, and don't forget to pick up your complimentary "I went to the TW Uber-Nerd Fan Gathering and all I got was this lousy f-ing t-shirt" t-shirt on the way out!

Motep
03-09-2007, 00:55
Any single package wrap job is acceptable so long as they arrive in pristine condition.

Oh, and remember, the Limited Edition is "NRFB", Never Remove From Box. It's a collector's item, not a toy. And if we find out that you ever removed it from its sacred case, you shall suffer a shunning a thousand times more terrible than you deserve!

Oh, and don't forget to pick up your complimentary "I went to the TW Uber-Nerd Fan Gathering and all I got was this lousy f-ing t-shirt" t-shirt on the way out!

Ill take 20 of both!

Ignoramus
03-09-2007, 01:02
Well, it will be interesting to see how things play out.

CountArach
03-09-2007, 02:22
You're all nuts... :wink:

Ignoramus
03-09-2007, 02:29
I publically announce my support for Ignoramus' right to all of England.

Csargo
03-09-2007, 03:26
I publically announce my support for Ignoramus' right to all of England.

EXTRA! EXTRA! READ ALL ABOUT IT! KING OF THE ANGLO-SAXONS IS CLEARLY MENTALLY DERANGED! HE'S CRAZY! READ ALL ABOUT IT!

sapi
03-09-2007, 08:04
A note:

The russian empire's turn will be posted a bit late thanks to rl.

Lucjan
03-09-2007, 13:40
Still waiting on turns from Warluster , Crazed Rabbit, Caius Flaminius and Sapi who just said he'll be a little late on the turn, that's ok.

If real life throws a curve ball to anyone, so long as you let me know you might be a little late on a turn, and I get it before I release the news report on Monday, I won't hold it against anybody.

Caius
03-09-2007, 21:11
Sending the orders Asap

CountArach
03-10-2007, 04:40
So when does this turn end?

Csargo
03-10-2007, 04:45
So when does this turn end?

I think he said Monday for the summary.

sapi
03-10-2007, 04:47
Officially yesterday, but you've got until tomorrow to get the turns in in time for the report on monday.

Lucjan
03-10-2007, 16:56
Thank you Sapi. ~:)

Ignoramus
03-12-2007, 03:20
Do you have all the orders yet, Lucjan?

Lucjan
03-12-2007, 05:09
Everybody's but Warluster's. If I don't get anything from him next turn either I'm going to open his spot for someone else if you guys know anybody who is interested.

I'll working on getting out the rest of the financial reports now, and the news report will be released today as well.

CountArach
03-12-2007, 06:06
Will the map be with the financial reports?

Lucjan
03-12-2007, 06:11
I'm sending everybody there financial reports individually, and believe I just sent the last one.

The map itself will be with the news report.

If I missed anybody with the financial reports (which I don't think I did) let me know. I'm releasing the map and the news report around 10-11 am EST, (so around 3-4 pm GMT). Right now it's 1 in the morning on a sunday and I need to get to bed so I'm up for class in the morning.

Csargo
03-12-2007, 07:23
I'm sending everybody there financial reports individually, and believe I just sent the last one.

The map itself will be with the news report.

If I missed anybody with the financial reports (which I don't think I did) let me know. I'm releasing the map and the news report around 10-11 am EST, (so around 3-4 pm GMT). Right now it's 1 in the morning on a sunday and I need to get to bed so I'm up for class in the morning.

I didn't get one. :bigcry:

Ignoramus
03-12-2007, 07:35
Oh, don't worry. All of your cities defected to me. Lucjan hasn't composed a "Everyone hates you and you lose" message yet, so be patient.

Csargo
03-12-2007, 07:37
Oh, don't worry. All of your cities defected to me. Lucjan hasn't composed a "Everyone hates you and you lose" message yet, so be patient.

I've got a nice big army with your name on it Ignoramus so don't worry. ~;)

Ignoramus
03-12-2007, 07:42
Don't worry about me. I have friends in high places.

Csargo
03-12-2007, 07:48
Don't worry about me. I have friends in high places.

I'm sure you do. :smug:

Ignoramus
03-12-2007, 07:54
Like Lucjan, for instance. He makes sure that your attacks fail, in return I rename London, Warsaw.

CountArach
03-12-2007, 08:51
... all this bickering can be solved by a few pirates.... :wink: *HINT*HINT*

Stig
03-12-2007, 09:55
Bloody hell, I just saw I forgot to confirm my trade rights with Ichigo.

Ahwell, ships can't get to London in 1 turn anyway

Lucjan
03-12-2007, 10:14
Movement distance doesn't count for trade, that's just too much micromanaging than I care to deal with. ~;) And don't worry Ichigo, I'll get it to you in a minute, sorry about that.

And please don't implicate me in any of your crazy british bickering. I've got no interest in those isles, and I already have a Warsaw. :tongue: Nice try though Ignoramus.

Besides, with 4 factions on the island I'd rather not involve myself in that hornet's nest.

Ignoramus
03-12-2007, 10:23
~:idea: But when Ichigo's paltry handful of muddy villages get absorbed into the Kingdom of the Anglo-Saxons there'll only 3.

Edit: This is all in good fun, just in case anyone wondered.

pevergreen
03-12-2007, 10:28
I would laugh if all 4 rulers in britan just used their entire treasury on hiring an army.

Lucjan
03-12-2007, 10:32
I know what they did, and I still don't know what they're doing. If that makes any sense at all.

sapi
03-12-2007, 10:56
It does :grin2:

If i was in their situation i'd hire a massive army and just go sacking my neighbours :laugh4:

pevergreen
03-12-2007, 12:07
Same. Or hire massive army and just wait until they each owned the others. Then pounce.

Ignoramus
03-12-2007, 12:08
We Brits have a sense of fair play. Despite this, we will manage to win the game.

sapi
03-12-2007, 12:21
It'd be interesting to see the kingdoms of britain unite and smash the rest of europe :laugh4:

Lucjan
03-12-2007, 14:34
But Poland would never surrender!

Lucjan
03-12-2007, 15:14
NEWS REPORT - TURN 2 START

Year 1 - Season 2

The first season has seen the expansion of many people through settlement and the establishment of intricate trading networks extending far and wide. Where some civilizations have chosen to centralise, working on a few well developed cities or castles in hopes of forming a solid powerbase early to capitalise on the immediate boost to their economy, others have sent settlers far abroad, in hopes that their many alliances and time will see their many small, long term investments grow into highly profitable outposts in the future. Yet others chose to hold fast to their initial wealth and look for other oppertunities to spend it in the future, hoping that their enemies may exaust their earliest funds and be ill capable to easily replenish them.

There were no major military movements or settlements in foreign kingdoms.

However, castles have been constructed by Anglo-Saxony and Iberia at points they believe to be critical to their survival. The Ottomans have also constructed a castle, within the walls of the city of Istanbul itself.

The current world map. (I've decided I'll make a new thread later detailing each individual faction and it's city/province/castle names. As that's just too much information to cram onto this one map. Those will be posted throughout the week. Also, remember, at least three settlements are required to incorporate land into a province. A settlement can be either a city or a castle.)

https://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p108/lucjian/RoCturn1-1.jpg

And World Trade
https://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p108/lucjian/tradeturn1.jpg

Crazed Rabbit
03-12-2007, 18:54
Britain makes no sense.

So no-one there raised an army? Have they allied together then? Or is this some sort of nerve racking standoff? Should be interesting however it turns out.

If someone wants a trade agreement, PM me, or just ask in this thread.

CR

Lucjan
03-12-2007, 19:50
Like I said, I can't even figure out what Britain is doing, and I'm running the game. :dizzy2:

Csargo
03-12-2007, 19:58
Like I said, I can't even figure out what Britain is doing, and I'm running the game. :dizzy2:

Your in for a wild ride then ~;)

I never got my financial report either Lucjan just letting you know.

Lucjan
03-12-2007, 20:01
I sent it to you twice now, you have to have gotten it. It's the spreadsheet screenshot with the Turn 2 Treasury amount on it.

EDIT - Sent again, maybe it got lost somehow. Let me know if you get it. You british factions continue to be an anomaly. First, nobody has a clue what you're up to, second, the interweb is devouring your financial reports. :dizzy:

Csargo
03-12-2007, 20:06
I sent it to you twice now, you have to have gotten it. It's the spreadsheet screenshot with the Turn 2 Treasury amount on it.

Got it that time.

Lucjan
03-12-2007, 20:07
Like they say, third time is a charm. :2thumbsup:

GeneralHankerchief
03-12-2007, 20:10

It's quite simple really.

My orders to build extra factories were to be made for the purpose of mass-bagpipe production. Once that goal has been accomplished and approximately 100,000 of these have been produced, the HAGGIS (High And Glorious Gaelicization Institute of Scotland) will spread throughout the British Isles, infiltrating England, Ireland, and of course, Anglo-Saxony, playing these bagpipes nonstop. The only way that these bagpipists will cease their playing of this holy instrument is if the other three rulers of the Isles accept Scotland's surrender terms, which are the allowance of immediate annexation of all territories into the Realm of Scotland.

If that fails, our backup plans are numerous, including painting the Anglo-Saxon crown orange, repeated public farting in the other Kingdoms' capitals, and of course, "pantsing" the English King in front of all of his subjects.

As you can see, Scotland is prepared to fight dirty. So please make it easy on yourself and assimilate now! :yes:
:scotland:

Csargo
03-12-2007, 20:50
Annoy your enemy into submission? That'll probably work.

Seamus Fermanagh
03-12-2007, 22:16
Besides, with 4 factions on the island I'd rather not involve myself in that hornet's nest.

I have my own little island thank you very much. If you will check closely, you might note the IRISH SEA somewhere in there.

I thought yanks were the ones with the bad geography skills.....

CountArach
03-13-2007, 05:07
Corsica has announced its intention to begin pirating operations.

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showpost.php?p=1451229&postcount=80

This is the price guide for those who have forgotten. I am announcing that I have 500 troops ready for a single pirating operation. At this point it is first in best dressed. Discounts may be offered for those who get in now. The troops on offer are:

200 Infantry
300 Skirmishers

CountArach
03-13-2007, 05:19
Just a quick question, but when is population growth added on?

Ignoramus
03-13-2007, 05:20
That's what I'm wondering too.

sapi
03-13-2007, 08:54
Interesting.

Rather than pming anyone individually, i'd like to note that russia will accept any offers of trade given by any faction.

Motep
03-13-2007, 13:21
Interesting.

Rather than pming anyone individually, i'd like to note that russia will accept any offers of trade given by any faction.
I note the same terms....and I still did not recieve my financial report!

Crazed Rabbit
03-13-2007, 17:37
Interesting.

Egypt would be glad to sign a trade agreement with the noble Russians.

Crazed Rabbit

Lucjan
03-13-2007, 20:33
I have my own little island thank you very much. If you will check closely, you might note the IRISH SEA somewhere in there.

I thought yanks were the ones with the bad geography skills.....

If you look closely, there are four factions on Brittain. You Irish can keep your own little island, but so far England, Anglo-Saxony, Scotland, and the Faroe Isles have settlements there.

Accusing the map maker of bad geography skills...bah! For that you deserve fifty lashings! :whip:

And CountArach, I've decided that since one turn is going to be a season, I'll update the population at the end of every even numbered turn, so, twice a year. The end of this turn will see a population boost.

Caius
03-13-2007, 21:40
also Iberia wants trade with russia

pevergreen
03-13-2007, 23:26
Rome proposes trade agreements with everyone it hasnt already got trade agreements with. Good day.

GeneralHankerchief
03-13-2007, 23:39
Pssht, taking Scotland's lead, are we? :wink:

CountArach
03-14-2007, 04:08
also Iberia wants trade with russia

Would Iberia be interested in trade with Corsica? Also I wish recognition that the Balearic Islands are part of my Homeland and shall remain recognised as such.

CountArach
03-14-2007, 04:33
Sorry for the double post...

Corsica wishes to ask for a loan from a generous nation. We are in need of 280 Gold. This will be paid back to whomsoever lends the money with interest. Alternately they can have a 400 Gold credit to be used on a pirating adventure that must be commissioned within the next 5 turns.

Faust|
03-14-2007, 04:45
"Lend" and "pirate", not often heard together I reckon :beam:

Gah, that was too obvious and lame. Pardon me. But its true, if you want your civ to be taken seriously as a harbor for pirates you should take the money ostensibly as a loan and then never pay back.

Lord Winter
03-14-2007, 04:45
The ottamons will give the loan at a 10% per turn interst rate.

Also the ottamons accept trade with Russia and Rome.

CountArach
03-14-2007, 04:50
I accept the Ottoman's interest rate offer. :bow:

Negotiations entered, PM sent.

Seamus Fermanagh
03-14-2007, 13:54
Just a brief note in praise of the magnificent Faroe Island culture.

Their starting city of 30k is impressive for an nation with a modern population of less than 48k.:inquisitive:

Even more so considering that this is the recruitable male population, which suggests a total population in the 75k range or so.:shocked2:

Ireland requests that you share your fish-gathering technology with the entire world for the betterment of humankind.:devilish:

Stig
03-14-2007, 13:58
mmm what, we just build up the entire Island, nothing wrong with that is there?

GeneralHankerchief
03-14-2007, 17:30
It would seem to me that your efforts were focused on settling in MY lands rather than building up your own. :furious3:

Caius
03-14-2007, 22:08
Would Iberia be interested in trade with Corsica? Also I wish recognition that the Balearic Islands are part of my Homeland and shall remain recognised as such.

Of course.Indeed its very good!

Not sure about the Balearic Islands...Our Mensajeros(Messengers) are at your service.Just make a note at the Royal Messagering System and I will read it asap.

CountArach
03-15-2007, 07:39
A messenger has been sent.

Csargo
03-15-2007, 07:45
I'll be gone tomorrow to the beach til late Friday so if you have anything to send to me I'll get back to you sometime Friday.

Ichigo

Faust|
03-15-2007, 17:17
Is Warluster still in? It would be unfortunate if Germany got 2 turns behind.

Caius
03-15-2007, 19:04
A messenger has been sent.
Good.

I have sent other.Just read it ;)

Lucjan
03-15-2007, 19:19
I haven't heard anything since Warluster posted his initial interest. I'm not surprised though, I've seen him do this in other games too, I guess I was just hoping he wouldn't do it with this one. Everybody else has sent me things and participated actively, and already things are shaping up to be quite interesting.

If anybody knows anybody, or anybody is reading this, who would like to take Warluster's spot as the HRE or start the game as some other central European faction (maybe Bavaria, Austria, Bohemia, Hungary, etc) please just let me know.

I'll allow you to make 2 turns this turn to make up for the initial loss of involvement in the actual 1st turn. (I'll complete your first set of orders, do your new finances, then let you make another set of orders.)

Caius
03-15-2007, 19:26
I'll allow you to make 2 turns this turn to make up for the initial loss of involvement in the actual 1st turn. (I'll complete your first set of orders, do your new finances, then let you make another set of orders.)
Do I have to do this?PM me.

Lucjan
03-15-2007, 21:40
No Caius, you don't have to do that. You sent me orders last turn.

That was directed at any new person who would be willing to take over Warluster's faction or start a new one, because Warluster hasn't sent me anything at all since before the game even started.

You're fine, no problems with you. :2thumbsup:

Caius
03-15-2007, 22:02
No Caius, you don't have to do that. You sent me orders last turn.

That was directed at any new person who would be willing to take over Warluster's faction or start a new one, because Warluster hasn't sent me anything at all since before the game even started.

You're fine, no problems with you. :2thumbsup:
Good!

What troops we can train?

Motep
03-15-2007, 22:22
Good!

What troops we can train?

(look in the first post) :shifty: You didnt hear that from me...OK?

Caius
03-15-2007, 22:37
(look in the first post) :shifty: You didnt hear that from me...OK?
No I didnt.

I did read that :grin2:

Warluster
03-16-2007, 09:30
Wait, i am still part of this!

sapi
03-16-2007, 11:29
OOC: Then do something.

IC: Russia's reports will be late, as seems to be a tradition. I often have school events on friday nights and just can't get them in on time. I'll definitely submit something within the next 24 hours

GeneralHankerchief
03-16-2007, 11:45
Ah, crap. I'll send in my orders later today too. My attention's been devoted to other things.

pevergreen
03-16-2007, 11:48
doing orders now.

CountArach
03-16-2007, 11:50
I'll send mine in the next 24 hours.

Seamus Fermanagh
03-16-2007, 13:04
Ireland accepts Russia's offer of a trade relationship.

Ireland offers such a relationship to any nation. Notably, I would like to begin such a relationship with Iberia, Corsica, and the lethargic but loveable HRE.

Motep
03-16-2007, 13:52

Ireland offers such a relationship to any nation. Notably, I would like to begin such a relationship with Iberia, Corsica, and the lethargic but loveable HRE.

I need more trade, and propose to anybody willing to accept. I accept your offer as well, Seamus. I forgot to send orders also, so Ill have to that now....

Lucjan
03-16-2007, 17:54
Ok, there's no problem with anybody turning orders in "late" so long as I get them sometime before Monday.

The end of turn "Friday" deadline is really just a spook tactic to make sure you all remember to get them to me sometime on the weekend.

By the way, I have orders from Faust, Stig, HughTower, Pever, Ignoramus, Seamus and Lord Motep. The rest of you, be spooked! Turn 2 ends today, turn 2 orders are due this weekend. :beam:

Warluster, I got your message too, I'll get back to you on it in detail later today or tomorrow.

Caius
03-16-2007, 20:44
To the Kind Seamus of Irland:

Of course we want to.

My Loyal Inbox is open to any offer.I will contact you

Andres the First

CountArach
03-16-2007, 20:54

I accept such an agreement :bow:

Warluster
03-16-2007, 22:21
and the lethargic but loveable HRE.

So what sort of deal are you proposing?

CountArach
03-16-2007, 22:22
Trade Rights, as he said.

pevergreen
03-16-2007, 22:41
It does seem to be that everyone is trading with everyone.

I will auto-accept any offer of trade agreements from anyone outside Britan.
I dont want to hold any alliegance there.

Csargo
03-16-2007, 22:47
I'll accept trade with anyone.

GeneralHankerchief
03-16-2007, 22:47
Same.

CountArach
03-16-2007, 22:48
I accept and offer trade with anyone... How else will I get my economy going?

Caius
03-17-2007, 00:04
IF anyone wants to be an ally of Iberia, just contact el Rey ;)

Caius
03-17-2007, 00:06
GAH!There are so many agreegements i dont remember who i did trade

Lord Winter
03-17-2007, 01:41
I accept and offer trade with anyone who ask

pevergreen
03-17-2007, 04:24
GAH!There are so many agreegements i dont remember who i did trade
Same here

Motep
03-17-2007, 05:06
hell, lucjan, just make everybody trade with everybody!

Warluster
03-17-2007, 07:38
Unless there at war.

CountArach
03-17-2007, 07:46
Or if they specifically say otherwise.

Warluster
03-17-2007, 08:02
So basiclly nothing would change.

Caius
03-17-2007, 14:01
I accept and offer trade with anyone who ask
I ask you for trade rights

Lucjan
03-17-2007, 17:45
Sounds like I should have put up a new poll, but just about everybody has provided the answer already anyway.

New rule starting now.

All players automatically trade with one another unless they are at war, or specifically say they don't want to trade with a certain player.

This would actually allow player coordinated embargos to greatly harm another player's income.

HughTower
03-18-2007, 15:19
Sounds like I should have put up a new poll, but just about everybody has provided the answer already anyway.

New rule starting now.

All players automatically trade with one another unless they are at war, or specifically say they don't want to trade with a certain player.

This would actually allow player coordinated embargos to greatly harm another player's income.

Even if they don't have a port?

pevergreen
03-19-2007, 00:19
Egypt trading with Russia? :laugh4:

Post Results Lucjan! :beam:

Lucjan
03-19-2007, 18:31
Ok, I've been fighting with my internet connection for the last 2 hours and can't get it to do anything without threat of death and disconnection. Sites are opening disgustingly slow and I can't upload anything to photobucket or imageshack without my connection timing out on me. I'll try to get turns and the report up later tonight, hopefully whatever is bugging out will have cleared up by then, if not I'll just send it from the university computers tomorrow. :wall: :wall: :wall:

Sorry for the delay.

Lucjan
03-20-2007, 18:32
Turn 3 - Start

https://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p108/lucjian/Rise%20of%20Civilizations/roc3.jpg

Chaos is rampant in the British Isles. England, Ireland and Scotland have all converged on the Anglo-Saxons and in some cases, armies have run into armies they haven't been told to attack and have stalled, unsure of whether they are facing friend or foe. Numerous undefended Anglo-Saxon villages have surrendered to their captors without a fight. A battle outside of Lincoln between English and Anglo-Saxon forces has left nearly 600 men dead, and the Anglo-Saxon army retreating to Nottingham castle with the English in swift pursuit.

Word in the Isles is that the Scottish currently field the largest concentration of the troops, with numbers higher than 5,000 in the field.

In the rest of the world, peace still ruled supreme, and economic and social developments abounded, but as nations grow closer and closer to each other, the possibility of violence springing up elsewhere could be very real.

NEW RULES TO MAKE EVERYBODY'S LIFE EASIER Particularly mine. :laugh4:
I'm going to have to impose the following rules, quite simply, to make my life a hell of alot easier. When developing the rules for the game, I didn't realise just how time consuming and difficult it would be to keep track of everything I proposed I would. So, in order to make my life easier and help stabilise much of the confusion running around, the following rules are going into effect immediately.

1 - NO POPULATION.
2 - Settlements are founded simply by spending 3,000 gold. I can easily keep track of how much money has been spent on a settlement, but to try to keep track of what I know will soon be upwards of 50 seperate population counts is beyond my ability given the amount of free time I don't have.
3 - You can recruit any number of troops that you like, no more population to worry about.
4 - However, you still need to pay them. Failing to pay troops (your treasury is in the negative numbers) for 2 turns will prompt a random desertion roll for the troops not being paid, and for every turn after that until your treasury rises back to positive numbers.
4 - All players trade with all players unless they're at war or say specifically otherwise.
5 - All settlements have a trade level = to the number of players that kingdom is trading with, and that's it. Keeping track of the trade between each and every individual city, like the population, is just too overwhelming.
6 - Provinces will now be simply aesthetic, for the sake of saying "I want to attack this city in province whatever". Provinces will be comprised of the nearest cluster of settlements up to a number of 5, a settlement still consists of either a city or a castle.
7 - You can still continue to build cities and castles in provinces that already exist. Those provinces will simply be divided into smaller provinces the more you develop.

Stig
03-20-2007, 18:50
I can't be bothered to PM you

I'm keeping all the cities that were supposed to be founded this and next turn

Crazed Rabbit
03-20-2007, 19:07
So, no population? I guess that's a boon for people who spent 1k to settle 1k population cities, but leaves me a bit out in the dust, now that I spent three times as much on one city and it's the same benefit now.

Of course, you could make anyone who settled cities with 1k people pay 2k to make the city into a taxable one. :eyebrows:

And so does it not matter if a city is a port city or not, for trading purposes?

Man, I'm glad I'm not the Anglo Saxons - that looks like a painful situation to be in.

CR

Ignoramus
03-20-2007, 21:36
GH, you have some explaining to do...

I wished I'd sacked Edinburgh now.

UltraWar
03-20-2007, 21:39
Gah! Why have none of my cities been added/included to the map? As there is no population rule any more, shouldn't they be on the map?

Motep
03-20-2007, 21:42
Huh...now i have to think of something else to do with my turn...

Faust|
03-20-2007, 23:32
So, no population? I guess that's a boon for people who spent 1k to settle 1k population cities, but leaves me a bit out in the dust, now that I spent three times as much on one city and it's the same benefit now.
CR

This is true... what happens to the 1k population cities?

*edit* Also, can I ask if Warluster took any actions?

GeneralHankerchief
03-21-2007, 00:50
Hey, I had to use my massive army somewhere! :laugh4:

Warluster
03-21-2007, 01:23
Yes, I did send in actions, one was to build a city, and the other I shall not reveal.

Ignoramus
03-21-2007, 01:45
Hey, I had to use my massive army somewhere! :laugh4:

I've got a nice big army with your name on it Ignoramus so don't worry. ~;)

So much for non-agression pacts...

GeneralHankerchief
03-21-2007, 01:47
To be fair, I never told Lucjan that I agreed to a pact. Only trade rights.

Csargo
03-21-2007, 01:48
So much for non-agression pacts...

I told you not to stay on the island, but you decided not to listen. :shrug:

Ignoramus
03-21-2007, 02:13
It doesn't matter GH. I don't bear any grudge against you; I've just been outplayed. But I'm not defeated yet.

Twilightblade
03-21-2007, 03:48
i can finally post
are the star like dots on the map castles?

Faust|
03-21-2007, 03:56
Yes, I did send in actions, one was to build a city, and the other I shall not reveal.

np, I was just wondering... I didn't see any new cities for you on the map.

Ignoramus
03-21-2007, 04:58
Happy Birthday, Lucjan.

Csargo
03-21-2007, 05:21
Happy Birthday, Lucjan.

Happy Birthday Lucjan.

CountArach
03-21-2007, 05:28
Happy Birthday Lucjan.

Faust|
03-21-2007, 05:37
Happy Birthday! :balloon2:

pevergreen
03-21-2007, 07:20
You will all fear Rome...eventually :grin2:

sapi
03-21-2007, 10:51
Happy bday.

Now correct me if i'm wrong, but cities with less than 3k people can't be taxed and won't trade, right (this is what you said in a pm, iirc)

Caius
03-21-2007, 21:30
Happy belated? bday!

Lucjan
03-22-2007, 20:59
Thanks for all the happy birthdays. Now, for all the population confusion.

Maybe I shouldn't have written new rule 1 in caps. As everybody seemed to stop reading after that. Taken right from the original post.

2 - Settlements are founded simply by spending 3,000 gold. I can easily keep track of how much money has been spent on a settlement, but to try to keep track of what I know will soon be upwards of 50 seperate population counts is beyond my ability given the amount of free time I don't have.
I'm just using a number grade from -2,-1,1,2,3,4,5 to keep track of cities now. So cities that have only had 1,000 gold spent on them are a -2, meaning they still need 2,000 gold to become active.

Only cities that have had 3,000 gold spent on them, (a level 1) are active and contribute to your tax income and trade income.

Warluster and UltraWar submitted turns that just did not give me any of the information that I needed to actually complete their orders.

"Found new cities" does not help me if you don't tell me how much money to have you spend on these cities and a general idea of where you want them. Also, found a new city 1,000km west is just dandy if you want your city constructed under water. Go back and read the general rules on page 1. The basics to putting in an order are there, and they've been being updated and simplified consistently.

Caius
03-22-2007, 22:33
Wait, can I use IA for this?:beam:

Im sending orders..

pevergreen
03-23-2007, 12:21
cant remember if i sent orders.

Lucjan
03-23-2007, 16:53
No, not yet. :beam: