PDA

View Full Version : Setting reforms to your preference

Dooz
03-03-2007, 08:25
Hey folks, I was looking for how to change the reforms script to make the Marian reforms trigger an earlier year, and I found this great thread at the TWC where k_raso explains how. What I also discovered that made me very happy was, you can make the reforms purely dynamic so you don't have to wait to get to any specific yeaar if the other conditions are met. I made mine so that the Marian reforms would happen after I hold 30 provinces and have fought 150 battles, and took out the minimum date to wait for. It'll be significantly sooner than the original setting. Anyhoo, here's the thread.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showpost.php?p=1509965&postcount=4

Ok:

First things first: BACK ALL UP BEFORE MESSING THIS UP.

Ok.

You see, this things work with conditionals. Let`s take for example the Polybian ones.

You have to hold 2 of the following = (Segesta, Mediolanum, Bononia, Patavium) AND 2 of the following (Lilibeo, Messana, Syracuse). You have also to play till turn Nº 120 (/4 = year 242). So, you have to meet this conditions to enable the reform. If you do, a small building called "Polybian Military Era" will appear on the buildings of your italian cities. Voilà!!!!! Polybian reforms!!!!!! You just have to build a new barrack on your town, and then you will be able to train your flaming polybian maniples!!!

If you want to enable them manually, go to the file specified in my previous post, and do a search for section "1c", titled "Roman reforms".

In that chapter, search for this part:

Code:

; Check Conditions
monitor_event FactionTurnEnd FactionType seleucid
and I_CompareCounter Romanii_Reform = 0
and I_TurnNumber > 120

; Unconditional Reforms afther 210BC
if I_TurnNumber > 248
set_counter Romanii_Reform 1
terminate_monitor
end_if

If you want to play without the year conditional for this particular reform, change the red number to 1. If you want to have the reforms now and without any conditional, change the blue number to the turn you`re currently at in your campaign (Say, you are in year 250 and want to have polybian units, calculate 272-250=22. 22x4=88 turns played. So, you have to change the blue number to 88 if you are in year 250).

Once you reload the game, and press "end turn" button, the following turn you`ll enter the reforms, and the buildings will magically appear.

You have to apply the same principle when tweaking Marian and Augustan reforms.

Any doubts or questions? Don`t be shy, just ask and I`ll happily answer.

Cheers!!!!

Jarardo
03-07-2007, 18:31
Have you already done this to your EBBS script Wonderland? If so, could you put up a copy for download? I've never made it past 210 or 220bc in a campaign before, so this would be nice.

Dooz
03-07-2007, 21:23
Yep, I did. Unfortunately, it was in my 0.81 Roman campaign and I've already installed the hotfix over it. But it's a really simple thing to do, it's all in the thread. If you want, tell me what you want to set the reform to, and which reform, and I'll upload it for you. However, there are a bunch of options and variables and you might want to take a look for yourself to set it however you fancy. If you just want the reforms to hit at a certain early date, that's easily done, just let me know.

Jarardo
03-08-2007, 22:37
Okay, seems like it can be done pretty quickly. I remember with EB 7x, I had to change a whole lot of different lines to change the reform dates. They were all identical changes, but it took too long for me to want to do it again. Thanks Wonderland, Jarardo

And btw, the red and blue fonts mentioned in your tutorial don't show up.

Zim
03-23-2007, 02:38
Would something like that work with the Celtic reforms, too? I played an Aedui campaign all the way past the first reform, only to get mostly regional units as far from the eastern front as possible. :wall: Think I might need the second reform if I want some more reliable standard infantry. I've been thinking about cutting the wait for both reforms in half.

Fondor_Yards
03-24-2007, 01:42
Yea Zim45, you do the same thing for the celts. Just edit the bold section in the file. Just remeber 4 turns is 1 year.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
;Section 1a: Celtic Reforms
monitor_event FactionTurnEnd I_TurnNumber > First Reform Turn
set_counter Celt_Reform 1
end_monitor
monitor_event FactionTurnEnd I_TurnNumber > Second Reform Turn
set_counter Celt_Reform 2
end_monitor

Spoofa
03-24-2007, 03:30
Uhm.... please specify what file i need to edit....? lol, sorry i just read your post about 5 times and didnt see what file i was suppose to go to. :shame:

Zim
03-24-2007, 05:42
Uhm.... please specify what file i need to edit....? lol, sorry i just read your post about 5 times and didnt see what file i was suppose to go to. :shame:

Go to EB, data, then scripts. There's only one folder in scripts, show_me, and in it only one text document, EBBS_Script. It's pretty long, but luckily the section for the Celtic reforms is right near the beginning.

:2thumbsup: Thanks, Fondor_Yards.

Dooz
03-24-2007, 08:05
To find specific sections of the script, you can use the "find" function. Just type in the title of the reforms posted there and you'll find it easily.

normanknight47
04-03-2007, 12:33
hi wonder I was tring to edit the Marian reforms but the unconditional Reforms are a bit defarent from the Polybian unconditional Reforms so I have no idia how to edit it I tried to change the number of citys needed to capture but when I end turn nothing happends so I tried to make it by turns insted but I don't know what to edit to make it come out at the year i am playing at plz:help:

The Celt
04-05-2007, 02:47
Hi guys say is there a way I can make the Celtic Reforms conditional rather than by year? Cuse I'm really getting tired of creating a big empire and then realizing I have 250 or so turns to go before I get those Solduros/Rycalware(sp?)/Carnutes!:furious3: Anyway I can make a certian amount of regions and buildings required like the Romans?:help:

MarcusAureliusAntoninus
04-05-2007, 05:56
Hi guys say is there a way I can make the Celtic Reforms conditional rather than by year? Cuse I'm really getting tired of creating a big empire and then realizing I have 250 or so turns to go before I get those Solduros/Rycalware(sp?)/Carnutes!:furious3: Anyway I can make a certian amount of regions and buildings required like the Romans?:help:
Yes it is possible, you have to create new entries that cause a conditional reform.
It would probably be easier to change the date for the inconditional reforms though.
I'm currently testing a conditional reform trigger I made for fun. I plan to add it to my city mod. (As well as change the Roman reforms slightly.)

L.C.Cinna
04-05-2007, 10:45
hi wonder I was tring to edit the Marian reforms but the unconditional Reforms are a bit defarent from the Polybian unconditional Reforms so I have no idia how to edit it I tried to change the number of citys needed to capture but when I end turn nothing happends so I tried to make it by turns insted but I don't know what to edit to make it come out at the year i am playing at plz:help:

Just change the number of cities. should work. Set it to a number you DON't have yet. say if you have 49 cities set it to 50 and just wait till you have 51 (you know it says you need MORE than the number you enter). The new units will appear when you build the new military buildings, don't try to repair the ones which get destroyed just raise them to the ground.

another thing you could do is copy the unconditional reforms from the polybian reforms and replace the marian ones with them. be careful that you don't delete too much. so if you replace the marian unconditional trigger with the polybian you have to change the following things:

if I_TurnNumber > 248 change to the number you wish as in 1st post
set_counter Romanii_Reform 1 change this to 2
terminate_monitor
end_if

Another thing:

The Augustan reforms don't have any unconditional reform option. If you want them earlier without having to wait for a guy with all the traits copy/paste the unconditional trigger from the marians or polybians, change turns and set the counter Romanii reform to 3

Zafersan
05-06-2007, 09:00
:help: Hello, this is my first post on the boards and one that i need help with.

Wonderland, I tried to change the reforms but it never works out. I change (Polybian reforms) the Conditional turn number to 1, and make the Unconditional to the turn I want the reforms to happen at. I was just testing if it would work and changed it so the Polybian reforms happened on the 2nd turn but it never works out. So finally I decided to get some help on the boards. :wall:

I want the reforms to happen every 12 years. So Polybian = 260 BC, Marian = 248 BC, Augustan = 236 BC. I know the whole historical issue is smacked but I find it no fun at all if I can't ever obtain the Augustan reforms. Seriously, who will ever play a Roma game that long? I gave up after I conquered all of Europe and Africa while having the Marian reforms.

So if you could tell me how to do this or even better, write me a script, it would make my life so much easier.

Oh ya, forgot to tell you. I want this to happen when I start a new Roman campaign. So I wont be using my old game anymore.

Peace.

L.C.Cinna
05-06-2007, 09:45
The best thing is if you use an unconditional trigger for the reforms. it is already included in the marians:

;Unconditional Reforms
and I_CompareCounter Romanii_Reform = 1
and I_NumberOfSettlements seleucid > 50

set_counter Romanii_Reform 2
terminate_monitor

end_monitor

Just search for it and change the number of settlements to your preference

Ok, here the script for the Augustan reforms:
The Augustans don't have the unconditional but you can add it and it should look like this:

declare_counter Romani
declare_counter AugustanReformatorCounter

monitor_event SettlementTurnStart BuildingExists = gov2
and FactionType seleucid
and I_CompareCounter Romanii_Reform = 2

inc_counter Romani 1

end_monitor

and I_CompareCounter Romani > 54
and I_TurnNumber > 499
and I_NumberOfSettlements seleucid > 89
;and BattlesFought > 399
and I_CompareCounter AugustanReformatorCounter = 1

set_counter Romanii_Reform 3

end_monitor

;Unconditional Reforms
and I_NumberOfSettlements seleucid > 70

terminate_monitor

end_monitor

monitor_event CharacterTurnStart Trait Augustus > 1

set_counter AugustanReformatorCounter 1

end_monitor

set_counter Romani 0
end_monitor

Change the "numberofsettlements" counter to what you want it to be (I have 70 cities here). If you copy the line I used now you only have to change the city number to your preference.

If you copy it from the Marians make sure you change:
and I_CompareCounter Romanii_Reform = 2 in the marian trigger value is 1
set_counter Romanii_Reform 3 in the marians it would be 2.

If you want the reforms to happen at certain times, replace the:

with
and I_TurnNumber > 499

and change the turns to what you want it to be.

Zafersan
05-08-2007, 04:22
Thanks a lot L.C.Cinna. It worked out great. Funny to see Imperial Legionnaires at 250BC.

georgejung
07-12-2007, 23:31
thank you for that info, i really love to see marian legionaries 200bc crushing that damn germans. but i cant recruit them in all my provinces. they can be recruitet in africa, but not in minor asia. and only in some greek cities but not in all of them. this is not a big problem, but has anyone any suggestion?

Bluetooth
08-05-2007, 16:48
Hi L.C.Cinna,

I have copied your entire code for the Augustan reform into the "Imperial trigger" in the script and replaced the existing one. But unfortunately with no result at all. What am I doing wrong.

Thanks.

kambiz
08-14-2007, 17:48
Hi;
How can I modify "traits conditions" for each reform (specifically Imperial reform)?

Thanks beforehand

kambiz
08-14-2007, 18:24
Hello guys
Sorry for another dumb question ,But I'm in 139BC so the imperial reform is near and as you know ,Unlike the first two this one doesn't have an "Unconditional reform" which makes the things difficult:sad: Ofcourse the only (But big enough) problem is the "Trait" part of the conditions.

Firstly why "At least Skilled Bureaucrat" ,"At least Arrogans" and "At least Expert Recruiter"? Why "at least"? ... Well ,When you say at least ,So logically there should be higher and/or lesser degree(s) of the same trait ! Can you please give me the list of "higher and lesser degree"s of each of these three traits so I can find my Precious character more easily?

2nd "Can't be Selfless" = "Unselfish" trait??? (Just for sure)

3rd "Arrogans" = "Arrogant" ??? because I didn't find this word in the dictionary ,But found Arrogant instead ,I'm 99% sure it is just a spelling error but again asking for sure.

4th
If these conditions are met, the general will receive a trait telling he wants to seize power. Make him the Faction Heir and as soon as he becomes the leader the reforms will happen. That lucky general receive a trait ,But what's the exact title of this trait?

While my empire is strong both militarily/Economically ,But I'm desperately in lack of character ,Nearly half of my settlements don't have Governor and well in ordinary situation ,It is not that important ,but to fulfil the damn condtions of imperial reform ,I need more character ,because only three of my characters have the initial trait of "Sharp/Charismatic/Vigorous" and only one of them is "Unselfish" and he had "Skilled Bureaucrat" trait too ,but it's been disappeared ! I need to know if he has raised and thus got a better of the same trait or he has lost it at all ?! (That's the reason for 2nd question)

I hope someone give me a response. the future of my empire is at your hands EB team !

Thanks in advance

Ice
08-14-2007, 20:45
Well, I'm not sure on that, but you can always use the "give_trait" command to fulfill the reforms. I think the skilled recruiter thing is broken, and you need to do that anyway.

MarcusAureliusAntoninus
08-14-2007, 21:55
Hi;
How can I modify "traits conditions" for each reform (specifically Imperial reform)?

Thanks beforehand
That would be in the EDCT (export_descr_character_traits.txt). Look for "Trigger General_Becomes_Highly_Ambitious". You can add or remove any trait needed to get that trait right below that.

I Am Herenow
08-15-2007, 12:45
3rd "Arrogans" = "Arrogant" ??? because I didn't find this word in the dictionary ,But found Arrogant instead ,I'm 99% sure it is just a spelling error but again asking for sure.

That's not a spelling error, it's in Latin! And yes, "arrogans" does mean "arrogant".

kambiz
08-15-2007, 13:38
Thx MarcusAureliusAntoninus
Here's that part of the code belongs to "General_Becomes_Highly_Ambitious":
;------------------------------------------
Trigger General_Becomes_Highly_Ambitious
WhenToTest CharacterTurnEnd

Condition FactionType seleucid
and Trait ICERating > 7
and Trait MarianControl > 0
and Trait GoodAdministrator > 1
and Trait Superbus > 1
and Trait Augustus < 1
and Trait AugustusControl < 1
and Trait GoodRecruiter > 1
and Trait Selflessness < 4

Affects Augustus 1 Chance 100

;------------------------------------------Now it's a little bit confusing. for example ,Where is "Skilled Bureacraut" or "Expert recruiter" and "arrogans" ? And what are "MarianControl > 0" ,"Superbus > 1" ,"Augustus < 1" and "AugustusControl < 1"???

BTW ,I want the needed character for agustus reform have these conditions :
"Sharp/Charismatic/Vigorous" &
"Has Command > 2"

Can you write the needed codes for it? because I've never changed .txt files before:oops:

Thank you sooo mutch

Sassem
08-15-2007, 15:11
ALWAYS BACKUP the original stuff

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; Imperial trigger
declare_counter Romani
and FactionType seleucid
inc_counter Romani 1
end_monitor
and I_TurnNumber > 1
and I_NumberOfSettlements seleucid > 60
;and BattlesFought > 200
;and I_CompareCounter AugustanReformatorCounter = 1
end_monitor
end_monitor
set_counter Romani 0
end_monitor

This is how i did it you don't have to wait for the traits because of the ; in front of the and I_CompareCounter AugustanReformatorCounter = 1

I only chanced the stuff showed in red maybe you like this better than too wait or chance the traits for the general

kambiz
08-15-2007, 16:39
Thank you Sassem:smiley:
Actually I'm in 124BC(now) and fought more than 400battles ,have got more than 45 type II and exactly 90 settlements but none of my characters got "He want's to seize power" trait (Is that true title of this trait???):oops:
So only thing I need is to modify the "Character condition" part of this refrom. I'm sure MarcusAureliusAntoninus will show me how to modify it:wink: (or hopefully somene else) ,if not ,I will definitely will follow your path as an alternative way:tongue:

Thank you again Sassem:smile:

Sassem
08-15-2007, 17:03
I found out a couple months earlier that the august reforms where bugged so after searching the forums what people did about it i thought this was the best solution my edited reform is triggered by the number of provinces conquered

I'm not familiar with the traits so i did this way

MarcusAureliusAntoninus
08-15-2007, 21:49
If you remove the Augustus requirement from the reform, you will get the new units, but you won't get an emperor. If you want to get both an emperor and the new units, you have to change the EDCT.

Ok,

and Trait ICERating > 7
and Trait GoodAdministrator > 1
and Trait Superbus > 1
and Trait Augustus < 1
and Trait GoodRecruiter > 1
and Trait Selflessness < 4

ICE rating means the guy is Sharp, Charasmatic, Energentic.
Marian control, means that the Marian reform has happened.
"Skilled Bureaucrat" is level two (out of five) of "GoodAdministrator" (In case you are wondering, cheat would be:
give_trait "Firstmiddle Last" GoodAdministrator 2)
"Arrogans" is level two of "Superbus"
The next requirement just makes sure you aren't getting two emperors.
"Expert Recruiter" is level two of the "GoodRecruiter" trait. This one is the one that is bugged. If you find someone with everything else, you can get the reform by giving the guy
give_trait "Firstmiddle Last" GoodRecruiter 2
The last requirement is for the selfishness trait.

For what you want, you need to just have:

and Trait ICERating > 7
and Trait Augustus < 1
and Attribute Command > 2

But you're probably going to get a random guy who isn't important getting the trait.

kambiz
08-15-2007, 21:49
Thank you soooo mutch EB team for many quick responses to my Questions !!!
you can always use the "give_trait" command to fulfill the reforms.Thanks Ice ,but I think this command doesn't work in EB :
That's not a spelling error, it's in Latin! And yes, "arrogans" does mean "arrogant".It's strange that only this triat is in Latin ;)

kambiz
08-15-2007, 22:39
I found out a couple months earlier that the august reforms where bugged Ops I didn't know that ,Thanks:yes:
But you're probably going to get a random guy who isn't important getting the trait.Hehe don't worry mate ,There'e wouldn't be any problem as I only have one character with command > 2 & Sharp/Charasmatic/vigorous trait :wink: And thank you very very mutch for helping me through. I will change it as you coded now and will report you if it didn't work.

However ,do you not think these "Character conditions" especially for agustus reform is difficult be be get??? I found out that it is very by chance ,I could have a character with these traits before 125 ,Or if you didn't help me ,I could play even till 55BC without having my character for this last reform ! I think you should make it easier because it is really difficult to play from 272BC till 125 in EB (4 turns per year:tongue: ) And although I personally enjoyed making such hugh empire and defeating many factions on my way ,But I'm sure many like myself doesn't have the patience to waite to maybe on day (One turn:grin: ) get their empror ! and expect to have the reform triggered on 125BC. Though I guess you have set such a hard conditions becuase only a unique character to get the "He wants to seize power" trait (True???) so I have a suggestion there ,Why not use "Faction heir" trait ? I mean it is a unique trait for each turn so you can set Agustus refrom condtions like this :
Year125BC ,90 settlements ,45 Type II ,400 battles won and a character should be :
Faction Heir
Influence & command > 3 (For example)

If all these conditions met ,The character will get a trait says he wants to seize the power and you should make sure he would remain faction heir till become faction leader and then the reform will be triggered.What do you think Imperator MarcusAureliusAntoninus ?:wink:

Again Thank you for help:yes:

MarcusAureliusAntoninus
08-16-2007, 00:06
Yeah, the 'seize power' trait is something that you never see. Mostly, due to the fact that nobody can get the 'Expert Recruiter' trait. That has been fixed and in the next release, you should be getting that trai much more often. Hopefully, with that trait implimented, there will be much more power-hungery, emperor-want-to-be Romans out there in the Marian Era.

For the faction heir part, I'm not sure what you mean. Meaning that only the faction heir can get the 'wants to seize power' trait?

Right now the system is set up so that a guy has to be very special and very dedicated to gaining power for himself in order to get the reforms. Part of the EB idea behind the Imperial Reforms are that they are not inevitable or destined. Only on the whim of one unique man will the Republic fall.

Ice
08-16-2007, 00:27
Thanks Ice ,but I think this command doesn't work in EB

It works, you just have to know how to format the character's name correctly.

The Stranger
08-16-2007, 01:39
with EB alot of traits are gained very very slow... just look at what you have to do to gain 1 command star or good attacker trait... not to mention good siege attacker...

kambiz
08-16-2007, 12:03
For the faction heir part, I'm not sure what you mean. Meaning that only the faction heir can get the 'wants to seize power' trait?I mean "Faction Heir" is a trait and it is unique ,That means only one character in each turn can be faction heir and it's not possible to have two or more faction heir at once. So if for example you set in the conditions the character should to be Only "Faction heir" ,then only one character can get "Highly ambitious" trait (The same so called "He wants to seize power trait"):smiley:
Right now the system is set up so that a guy has to be very special and very dedicated to gaining power for himself in order to get the reforms. Part of the EB idea behind the Imperial Reforms are that they are not inevitable or destined. Only on the whim of one unique man will the Republic fall.But this is a game anyway and it's long and slow one(And EB is even more slow:tongue: ) So as I said majority (If not all) of those who begin a romani campaign want the reforms to happen on time or at least not by chance (I bet on it )
And as The Stranger mentioned
with EB alot of traits are gained very very slow... just look at what you have to do to gain 1 command star or good attacker trait... not to mention good siege attacker...That's tight mate. MarcusAureliusAntoninu believe me playing about 400 turns is not easy ,I personally never played a campaign as long as half my current romani campaign:tongue: Please consider your poor players situation as well.

BTW ,
I used the code you gave me and also because I lost my last save game ,I did modify "EBBS_SCRIPT.txt" file and lowered the turns needed for reform from 399 to 370 (Because my last savegame was in 135BC).
Anyway ,My character got "Highly ambitious" trait (Which I think is the same "Sieze power" trait) and I made him "Faction heir". After few turns my facion leader died (127BC) ,And My character become new factions leader. And although he got "Agustus" trait thus became an empror ,But I didn't get any new units:sad: and "Imperial refom military era" building is not in any of my settlemets (The same buildings who explain about the new military refroms like "Polybian and Marian era military ferom" buildings) !

What happened? is somethings wrong? ... If you want ,I can upload the savegame files for you.

Please Help me MarcusAureliusAntoninus:undecided: Don't let Rome's enemies to grin on her !

Thanks

kambiz
08-16-2007, 20:54
Thanks Ice for your help ,But fortunately I don't need it anymore because MarcusAureliusAntoninus helped me to set the conditions needed for Imperial reform :)

However a new problem raised. After the death of previous faction leader ,My character become the first emperor of my Imperial Rome and got "Agustus" trait (Which is good indeed) ,But on the other hand ,No new units ,or it's better to say ,no sign of Imperial units !!! My barracks still have old Marian units even after upgrading them (Though the higher MICs of course show the old marians units ,But still upgraded them in vain hope that it is just an error ,But to no avail) :P How can I solve this one???

~Help~

MarcusAureliusAntoninus
08-17-2007, 07:36
Thanks Ice for your help ,But fortunately I don't need it anymore because MarcusAureliusAntoninus helped me to set the conditions needed for Imperial reform :)

However a new problem raised. After the death of previous faction leader ,My character become the first emperor of my Imperial Rome and got "Agustus" trait (Which is good indeed) ,But on the other hand ,No new units ,or it's better to say ,no sign of Imperial units !!! My barracks still have old Marian units even after upgrading them (Though the higher MICs of course show the old marians units ,But still upgraded them in vain hope that it is just an error ,But to no avail) :P How can I solve this one???

~Help~
The script is active and you haven't renamed your cities?
Are all the other requirements met, like date and battles and such?

kambiz
08-17-2007, 13:35
The script is activeYes ,I always make sure it's been activated ,So yes I did
you haven't renamed your cities?Of course not ,How can I do that?
Are all the other requirements met, like date and battles and such?Well ,As you aware ,I had to change "export_descr_character_traits.txt" ,So the character requirements for imperial refrom became :"Command > 3 & has trait of "Sharp/Charismatic/Vigorous" (And nothing more) And I changed it according to the instructions you gave me in another thread. Here is the changed code

and Trait ICERating > 7
and Trait Augustus < 1
and Attribute Command > 2

;------------------------------------------I aslo changed "EBBS_SCRIPT.txt" because I wanted to change the year from 125 to earlier than 130 ,So I changed it from 399 to 370. These two were only changes I implemented.

But I think these are irrelevant because According to your explanation for imperial reform here in this thread
If these conditions are met, the general will receive a trait telling he wants to seize power. Make him the Faction Heir and as soon as he becomes the leader the reforms will happen.My character did get "Highly Ambitious" trait(The same so called "wants to seize power" trait) and after the faction leader died ,He became "Augustus" (He got "Agustus" trait which explains this guy has become emperor and put an end to the republic era).

The problem is ,this part of imperial refrom which gives faction leader Augustus trait happens ,But it doesn't give me new units belong to this reform (Units are more important than just a trait)

It's really confusing and I don't why the refrom trigger doesn't fully work

MarcusAureliusAntoninus
08-17-2007, 23:51
Maybe you are missing something like battle number (or is battle number commented out in 081av2?). Maybe if you comment out all requirements of the Imperial Reforms except the date and the Avgvstvs requirement.

Darth Stalin
08-18-2007, 02:09
Well, how can a character get the "Good recruiter" trait? Does he have to be a governor of a settlement in which lots of units are recruited every turn or what?

And I'm afraid that the cheat code of giving a character a trait from the cobsole doesn't work, at last on my PC... I've tried that several times and that cheat didn't work any time...

Sassem
08-18-2007, 02:31
And I'm afraid that the cheat code of giving a character a trait from the cobsole doesn't work, at last on my PC... I've tried that several times and that cheat didn't work any time...

I thought de console codes didn't work on my computer either
but then i figured out that when you open the console and type a code there was a little tynie inieminie comma in front of the code:oops: ...so now when i use the console i first hit enter en then enter the code maybe that helps you

BozosLiveHere
08-18-2007, 04:50
I'm pretty sure that BattlesFought isn't working and was commented out a long time ago.

MarcusAureliusAntoninus
08-18-2007, 05:58
Well, how can a character get the "Good recruiter" trait? Does he have to be a governor of a settlement in which lots of units are recruited every turn or what?

You get 'Good Recruiter' by building buildings in the building tier "barracks". However, nobody can build the building tier "barracks". It has been fixed for the next release and you should be seeing more of the 'recruiter' traits.

Cheats work fine, you just have to know the way to formulate an EB name. If a guy's name was Pvblivs Cornelivs Scipio, you would have to enter this code:

give_trait "Pvblivscornelivs Scipio" GoodRecruiter 2
Notice the spacing and capitalization in the name.

kambiz
08-18-2007, 09:00
I'm not aware if it's been commented out or not ,But I haven't changed it by myslef for sure. I told what exactly I've changed . . . BTW I've fought and won more than 500 battles.

kambiz
08-18-2007, 14:30
OK,I uploaded the savegames and put the links here so you can see by yourselves :

PreAugustus (http://www.datafilehost.com/download.php?file=b2ed8338) : In this file the year is winter 126BC (One turn before 125BC). I saved the game before give the needed traits to one of my characters by cheat (Thanks to "MarcusAureliusAntoninus" & "Sassem" for cheat code) so if you go to next turn ,you won't give "Highly ambitious" trait for any of your characters otherwise cheating like me.

RomaniFailed (http://www.datafilehost.com/download.php?file=34071959) : 124BC ,During other faction's turn ,I lost my faction leader. Here my factions heir has become faction leader and has got "Augustus" trait ,But again there's no imperial units available !

(Note: I played with "EB 0.81a V2" plus some of the fixes like "trait fix" and "settlements border fix")

BTW ,I've left continuing this campaign ,Tired of romani ,romans or anything like this. But please tell me if it works for you.

Thanks a lot especially to MarcusAureliusAntoninus & Sassem for helps and patience.

-Kambiz

MarcusAureliusAntoninus
08-19-2007, 02:05
Maybe you should edit the requirements in the EBBS to make it really easy to get so that you know there is no problem with the code...

kambiz
08-19-2007, 02:09
Maybe you should edit the requirements in the EBBS to make it really easy to get so that you know there is no problem with the code...What's your suggestion then? What changes should I implement in EBBS?

MarcusAureliusAntoninus
08-19-2007, 02:13
Remove (or put the ';' at the very start of the line) all but the date and Augustus requirements for the Imperial Reform. (I'm on my laptop and don't have RTW, or I would give an example.)

PS I think I'm going to relocate this conversation to the 'Setting reforms to you preference' thread sense it is a bit off topic for the FAQ.

kambiz
08-19-2007, 08:25
I think I'm going to relocate this conversation to the 'Setting reforms to you preference' thread sense it is a bit off topic for the FAQ.So please check my latest post there.

kambiz
08-19-2007, 08:29
Remove (or put the ';' at the very start of the line) all but the date and Augustus requirements for the Imperial Reform. (I'm on my laptop and don't have RTW, or I would give an example.)Mate I think at least this script belongs to before when the would get "Highly Ambitious" trait ,Not after that ,Right? I think we should locate the script which check "When this character will become faction leader" and then see if this script works well (Except you tell me that this part of the script also check event as well)

MarcusAureliusAntoninus
08-19-2007, 17:41
I'm not quite sure what is going on, but the only thing I can think of is that it may be possible that you have gotten an emperor before all of the objectives for the Imperial reform were completed. Do you have 90 settlements and at least 55 have a Type2 government in them? You said you changed the date? You have reached the new date? If you have 90 settlements with 55 type2, the appropriate turn, and a guy with the trait "Augustus", then the reform buildings will be placed.

BTW, your emporer has the trait "Augustus" now, not just "Highly Ambitious", right?

kambiz
08-21-2007, 12:30
@MarcusAureliusAntoninus
I've got 97 settlements
More than 2/3 of them were type II
Won about 800 battles !

your emporer has the trait "Augustus" now, not just "Highly Ambitious", right?Yes ,I think so ,But I will check it again.

BTW---------------------------------------

I had to reinstall my Windowns 2-3 days ago and thus reinstalled "EB 0.81a V2".
I decided to give it one last chance before deleting the savegames using the way you offered by putting ";" behind each lines in "EBBS_SCRIPT.txt" and changed imperial trigger to this :

declare_counter Romani

and FactionType seleucid

inc_counter Romani 1

end_monitor

;and I_TurnNumber > 499
;and I_NumberOfSettlements seleucid > 89
;and BattlesFought > 399
;and I_CompareCounter AugustanReformatorCounter = 1

end_monitor

end_monitor

set_counter Romani 0
end_monitor

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;then Loaded my "PreAugustus" which I saved it in winter 126BC. Everything was OK except the character ,So I gave the traits using cheat (Though I knew because I've put ";" behind "and I_CompareCounter AugustanReformatorCounter = 1" ,The character would not get "High Ambitious" trait).
Then I pressed end_trun and In the next turn I surprised when my character got "High Ambitious" trait !!! But still no new units. However I slipped the turns with little hope and just after two turns (In the turn before winter 125BC) I suddenly saw the "Augustus military era" building in all of my settlements and of course new units if I would upgrade their MICs:beam: It was such a happy moment.

On the other hand ,I was confuse and I had with two questions in my mind :
1st While I put ";" behind every lines which one of them was "and I_TurnNumber > 499" line (As you can see in the code) ,Then Why the reform or better to say "Getting imperial units trigger" does not happen immediately after 'winter 126BC" ???

And

2nd While again I put ";" behind "and I_CompareCounter AugustanReformatorCounter = 1" line ,Why my character still got "High Ambitious" trait and unlike new units ,He got it first and two turns earlier before I get new units???

--------------------------------------------

I don't know ,Maybe it is just me who had such a strange experience with this reform ,But still I think it is better that you take care of this "Imperial Reform".

Anyhow ,I'm just looking forward to see what will happen if my facion leader dies and will my faction heir with his "High Ambitious" trait get again "Avgvstvs" trait or not and would it be continue for other facion leaders? I will report you if anything strange happened again.

Thanks for everything MarcusAureliusAntoninus
-Kambiz

MarcusAureliusAntoninus
08-21-2007, 23:01
Even if you disable the Augustus requirement in the EBBS, the EDCT will still give out the Highly Ambitious trait. It just won't be need for the Reform.

I would have advised to not comment out (place the ;) for the Augustus part, so that you don't have a lack of emperor. But if you have a highly ambitious guy, he should become Augustus when he becomes faction leader. From then on, the faction heirs will get the Caesar title, even if you commented out the requirement for the reform and you will have a working dynasty, I think.

goose134
08-29-2007, 14:33
hi all im really confused i have spent hours reading both posts, the first link and still am lost. i have dl the role playing mod to cut bk the ai ie grey death and thus i have another ebbs in my show me folder. this is the one i am using for editing the reforms.

i dont know how to get the augustan reforms this post has just confused me even more!

sry for dummy post but i am really lost!

any help would be massively appreciated!!
regards Goose

Sassem
08-29-2007, 20:44
i dont know how to get the augustan reforms this post has just confused me even more!

How do you want to get the reforms by using the traits solution or by chancing the script?

Traits is not my thing i can't help you with that but with chancing the script i can (see post #25)

helenos aiakides
08-29-2007, 23:06
I once got the trait reformator way before the marian or even the scipio reforms were due. Can more than one general have it

Ludens
08-30-2007, 17:40
I once got the trait reformator way before the marian or even the scipio reforms were due. Can more than one general have it
The reformator trait is not bound to a certain time. It can appear at any moment in the game, as long as you have a general who meets the prerequisites. More than one general can have it, too. You only need it for the Marian reforms.

koba
09-27-2007, 16:24
I would have advised to not comment out (place the ;) for the Augustus part, so that you don't have a lack of emperor. But if you have a highly ambitious guy, he should become Augustus when he becomes faction leader. From then on, the faction heirs will get the Caesar title, even if you commented out the requirement for the reform and you will have a working dynasty, I think.
hello guys, i am a member of twcenter and when i couldn&#180;t reach the imperial reform i begin to read the foruns and then i read a post thats was a quote from this foruns, i try your foruns, it help me alot with this problem and with the help of MarcusAureliusAntoninus i have now the reform and imperor.
But now my first augustos died and my cesar (heir) is the new faction leader,but he don&#180;t have the augustos trait and the new heir has no cesar trait,is this normal or lineage is broken is.

thanks for all the help

MarcusAureliusAntoninus
09-27-2007, 18:58
Only the first emporer will be 'Augustus'. All emporers from then on will just have the title of 'Caesar', as it was historically.

IIRC, the whole emporer name change thing will be dropped in the next release. This is because Gaivs Julivs Caesar an Gaivs Octavianvs Caesar Avgvstvs, which the names come from, won't be your destroyer of the Republic and first Emporer. The names don't make sense in your own version of an alternate history.

koba
09-27-2007, 19:34
thanks for the reply, MarcusAureliusAntoninus.

is good to now that all are ok.

caksz
09-28-2007, 09:27
is it possible to rewrite the script for the roman reform to unconditional and only be trigger by year or turn ?

koba
09-28-2007, 15:38

declare_counter Romani

and FactionType seleucid

inc_counter Romani 1

end_monitor

and I_CompareCounter Romani > 30
and I_TurnNumber > 288
and I_NumberOfSettlements seleucid > 65
;and BattlesFought > 100

;Unconditional Reforms
and I_TurnNumber > 600

terminate_monitor

end_monitor

end_monitor

end_monitor

set_counter Romani 0
end_monitor

this is the script that i use for the imperial reform

in red is the alteration

on the year 150 bc(600/4=150) and if exist any general with the trait augusto .

for the other reforns the principle is the same

attention that this is only for the reform, to have the imperor you have to give some traits manually because there are some that are broken, but for that you can read the post on top that are all there

ZinedineZidane
09-29-2007, 04:46
hey can someone just send me a file of the script where it like makes eliminates all the reform turn thingys, basically the requirements stay but the turn things are removed, like it has to be 240 bce or whatever, i read the front and i tried doing that and it dint work and i have no clue what anything else means

HopliteElite
09-29-2007, 04:49
I am switching the Imperial trigger text as has been shown here but I am still not getting the Imperial Reform. Essentially, I am just switching the text a bit so that I can get the imperial reform after my first turn. My question is: Do I have to change any text under the marian and polybian triggers also or am I just doing something wrong in the Imperial trigger? And if so could someone show me the text changes required to make the Imperial reforms happen right at the beginning of the game, after my first turn?

Respenus
09-29-2007, 17:21
I am switching the Imperial trigger text as has been shown here but I am still not getting the Imperial Reform. Essentially, I am just switching the text a bit so that I can get the imperial reform after my first turn. My question is: Do I have to change any text under the marian and polybian triggers also or am I just doing something wrong in the Imperial trigger? And if so could someone show me the text changes required to make the Imperial reforms happen right at the beginning of the game, after my first turn?

I tried to do that same thing, but it doesn't work.

Maybe we're missing the part where we must give a character some traits? :sweatdrop:

P.S.: AGGRRR!!!! :wall: :wall: :wall: :skull: :skull: :skull:

ME MAD!!! :furious3: :furious3: :furious3: :dizzy2: :dizzy2: :dizzy2:

OK, now that I've calmed down.

I can't get even unconditional Marian reforms, yet alone Imperial, even though I've cut the need for Augustus. This is driving me MAD!!!

Any one, please? Have mercy on this pity soul. :help:

P.P.S: OK, I've somehow managed to get Marian reforms by lowering the conditions and making unconditional just a city more (need a extra province). I hope I can achieve the same trick with Imperial.

BTW, I didn't know Marian had Vigils?

MarcusAureliusAntoninus
09-29-2007, 20:57
You have to get the Polybian then the Marian reforms before you can get the Imperial reform...

Vigiles in the Marian Era aren't true Vigiles but represent Latin defensive levy troops that would have the exact same stats and general appearance. They are just the same unit as Vigiles to save unit space.

Respenus
09-29-2007, 21:04
Ahh!

That's why I can't get Marian in my first turn, is because I don't have Polybian.

Thank you O Great One!

Now, a week of school and then go change the files again. This time around, I'll be having Imperial in the first few turn.

One again, thank you MarcusAureliusAntoninus.

NeoSpartan
09-29-2007, 23:59
Yea Zim45, you do the same thing for the celts. Just edit the bold section in the file. Just remeber 4 turns is 1 year.

;Section 1a: Celtic Reforms
monitor_event FactionTurnEnd I_TurnNumber > First Reform Turn
end_monitor
monitor_event FactionTurnEnd I_TurnNumber > Second Reform Turn
end_monitor

hey fellas, rookie here,
In what folder can I find this?????

EB-->then what?---->then what?

MarcusAureliusAntoninus
09-30-2007, 03:06
".../Rome - Total War/EB/Data/scripts/show_me/EBBS_SCRIPT.txt"

NeoSpartan
10-02-2007, 03:28
thx!

u might have just made me play SP again

Beefy187
10-06-2007, 12:34
Im really sorry about this but:sweatdrop:

I cant seem to get the celtic reform working. I changed the bolded section the first reform to turn 1 and the second reform to turn 2. Ive played for about 4 turns or so and I havnt got me reforms. Did I do something wrong?:help:

overweightninja
10-06-2007, 16:56
I've noticed that the script in fact appears to be several turns behind when it comes to the reforms, perhaps something to do with 4tpy?
Regardless, give it a few turns, and make sure to check the building browser for the reforms icon (no message box will pop up ala vanilla RTW!)

Cheers

Beefy187
10-07-2007, 00:37
Ok ill try it again. Thank you:2thumbsup:

Came back.. Played it for 10 turns. Still not working. I might just wait for 1.0 now.

overweightninja
10-07-2007, 13:11
Ok ill try it again. Thank you:2thumbsup:

Came back.. Played it for 10 turns. Still not working. I might just wait for 1.0 now.

lol poor chap :beam:

monitor_event FactionTurnEnd I_TurnNumber > 208
end_monitor
monitor_event FactionTurnEnd I_TurnNumber > 608
end_monitor

So you've changed the above to this:

monitor_event FactionTurnEnd I_TurnNumber > 1
end_monitor
monitor_event FactionTurnEnd I_TurnNumber > 2
end_monitor

So yours looks exactly like that right? If that's the case it WILL work, remember no message box or anything will come up, you'll just get the marker for the reform in the building browser, and remember you need to upgrade your barracks to get the new units!

Oh and if you want to jump straight to the second level of reforms, you can always ignore the first reform.

monitor_event FactionTurnEnd I_TurnNumber > 1
end_monitor

And cut the whole thing down to that ^^.

If you still can't get it working PM me I'm having to do a simmilar thing for someone else atm anyway.

Cheers

Beefy187
10-08-2007, 11:28
You dont need to build barracks to get reforms do you? Then my Script is probebly gone wild. Yea mines exactly like the one you posted overweightninja. I checked the building browser multiple times. So I guess my script (and my computer which never went passed 211 bc..) are being naughty :laugh4:

bovi
10-08-2007, 12:08
The building browser is never right.

vashquash
11-12-2007, 00:26
hey i know you've probably done this a thousand times, sorry, but do you think you could help me out on this polybian reform editing? im in year 259 b.c. and i dont know what certain numbers to change on the script to get unconditional reforms. sorry if im a nuisance, im an idiot when it comes to computers and ive been trying to get it for hours and im tired of reloading and loading my game and seein what ive done doesnt work lol

; Check Conditions
and I_TurnNumber > 120

if I_TurnNumber > 248
terminate_monitor

i hope someone answers this plee for help and they still look at this thread

MarcusAureliusAntoninus
11-12-2007, 04:27
; Check Conditions
and I_TurnNumber > 120

if I_TurnNumber > 248
terminate_monitor
The part that you need to change to get the reforms early unconditionally is in bold.

Since there are four turns per year, turn 248 is 62 years in, 210BC. If you want to get the reforms in your year, put the number 52 or lower in the spot that says 248.

Dhampir
01-12-2008, 06:49
How would I change the Celtic Reforms to a turn I specify with 1.0?

The conditions are #s of large cities and markets and not turn numbers.

Darth Stalin
01-12-2008, 15:19
In EBBS_SCRIPT.txt find the following part:

reset Celt counters
monitor_event FactionTurnEnd FactionIsLocal

if I_CompareCounter Celt_ForumCount > 3
end_if

if I_CompareCounter Celt_ForumCount > 5
and I_CompareCounter Celt_CityCount > 3
and I_CompareCounter Celt_TempleCount > 5

end_if

if I_CompareCounter Celt_Reform < 2
set_counter Celt_ForumCount 0
set_counter Celt_CityCount 0
set_counter Celt_TempleCount 0
end_if
end_monitor

monitor_event FactionTurnStart FactionIsLocal
and I_CompareCounter Celt_ForumCount > 3
end_monitor

and I_CompareCounter Celt_ForumCount > 5
end_monitor

and replace it with the following code:

;reset Celt counters
monitor_event FactionTurnEnd FactionIsLocal

if I_CompareCounter Celt_ForumCount > 3
end_if

if I_CompareCounter Celt_ForumCount > 5

end_if

if I_CompareCounter Celt_Reform < 2
set_counter Celt_ForumCount 0
set_counter Celt_CityCount 0
set_counter Celt_TempleCount 0
end_if
end_monitor

and I_CompareCounter Celt_ForumCount > 3
end_monitor

and I_CompareCounter Celt_ForumCount > 5
end_monitor

;Unconditional Celtic Reforms_human player
monitor_event FactionTurnEnd FactionType scythia
and I_CompareCounter Celt_Reform = 0
and I_TurnNumber > 160

terminate_monitor

end_monitor

monitor_event FactionTurnEnd FactionType scythia
and I_CompareCounter Celt_Reform = 1
and I_TurnNumber > 320

terminate_monitor

end_monitor

monitor_event FactionTurnEnd FactionType gauls
and I_TurnNumber > 160

terminate_monitor

end_monitor

monitor_event FactionTurnEnd FactionType gauls
and I_TurnNumber > 320

terminate_monitor

end_monitor

monitor_event FactionTurnEnd FactionType britons
and I_TurnNumber > 160

terminate_monitor

end_monitor

monitor_event FactionTurnEnd FactionType britons
and I_TurnNumber > 320

terminate_monitor

end_monitor

;Unconditional Celtic Reforms_AI player
and I_TurnNumber > 120

terminate_monitor

end_monitor

and I_TurnNumber > 240

terminate_monitor

end_monitor

You can adjust the reforms triggers by changing the numbers in appropriate CityCount, ForumCount and TempleCount factors; yet the unconditional reforms at specific date work fine - I've added them in my own EB 1.0 and tested, and I have them working OK. 120 turns is 30 years; if you think it's too short, just change the number of turns.
I made it so to have nice opponents for my Roman Legions, as I'm bored with cutting down to pieces all those levy spearmen and other poor guys.

Dhampir
01-12-2008, 22:10
Thanks much. It works perfectly.:2thumbsup:

Darth Stalin
01-13-2008, 01:44
You're welcome.
Of course You can set the reforms to happen in preferred time by changing the number of turns in the "unconditional" part.

Gothic
04-01-2008, 17:50
I couldn't find the delete button, so please ignore this post. :embarassed:

QuintusSertorius
04-01-2008, 22:14
Given I like to play historically, I might change it entirely to simply happen at some point after 110BC.

Red_Russian13
04-16-2008, 02:04
I don't mind waiting for a super-ambitious dude to come along and usurp power, because I very much so want an Emperor.

However, I do not want to wait for all the other requirements. I have changed the script to look like this:

declare_counter Romani

and FactionType seleucid

inc_counter Romani 1

end_monitor

and I_CompareCounter Romani > 10
and I_TurnNumber > 100
and I_NumberOfSettlements seleucid > 24
;and BattlesFought > 50

set_counter AugustanReformsAdvisor 1

end_monitor

end_monitor

set_counter Romani 0
end_monitor

My question for those more knowledgeable than I: Have I done it right; will I get these reforms as soon as I get a man who seizes power? I am in the Marian age already - I modded my game to do Marian early, but forgot to set the Polybian counter to zero, so it didn't happen. Anyway, just need to know if I did it correctly. The game runs with these changes. But the 45 settlements with type2 gov throws me.

[I'm wanting these early and with an Emperor because I played what seemed like a million turns (to 165 BCE) before my 1.0 Romani campaign became unstable. I just want an Emperor soon now.]

Thanks in advance.

Dhampir
04-16-2008, 02:10
I think you have to ; out the reformator condition.

I think. Don't quote me on it.

Red_Russian13
04-16-2008, 02:26
I think you have to ; out the reformator condition.

I think. Don't quote me on it.

I'm not really sure what that means or how to do it. I've been guessing so far on this bit.

Dhampir
04-16-2008, 04:16
I'm not really sure what that means or how to do it. I've been guessing so far on this bit.

The items with a semi-colon are ignored by the game.

QuintusSertorius
04-16-2008, 10:12
Is it possible to add an unconditional date trigger to the Marian reforms (at, say 90BC)?

Red_Russian13
04-16-2008, 15:24
The items with a semi-colon are ignored by the game.

Won't this give me the reforms without an Emperor? I sorta want one of those.

Edit: If it will give me an Emperor (when he comes along), where do I put the semi-colon?

Red_Russian13
04-17-2008, 02:56
Well, it worked. Sort of. I have an Augustus now. But no reforms. Ho hum.

Red_Russian13
04-18-2008, 17:30
I figured it out. It took some experimentation, but I got it. After I got the Emperor, I had to go back in to the files and then simply make the reforms unconditional. Presto chango. Magically, I had the capability to build Augustan-era cohorts.

I'm intrigued (and glad) that the Evocata were still available. I was wondering about that. Seemed reasonable that they would be able to reenlist still. Unless I mucked something up and they shouldn't actually be available.

Praetorians are pretty tough, but expensive. That's good since they demanded so much cash.

Thanks for the help folks.

Gothic
04-20-2008, 15:40
If I want unconditional Imperial Reforms by the time I have more than 50 settlements, would it work to simply add this bit of code directly before the conditional reforms monitor?

;Unconditional Reforms

terminate_monitor

end_monitor

I have of course made sure I have Marian reforms before this happens - by lowering the amount of settlements required there as well.

Darth Stalin
04-20-2008, 16:46
It should work - I did something like that in my modification for EB 1.0.

Gothic
04-20-2008, 23:05
It should work - I did something like that in my modification for EB 1.0.

Many thanks! :)

mucky305
06-09-2008, 16:29
I've been trying to include an Unconditional Reform in the Polybia section with no luck. It either will not work or the shoe me how button is blocked out. I had a the reforms linked expressly to provines conquered in previous EB builds but the addition of the new scripting is tripping me up, especially the "advisor" section (PolybianReformsAdvisor, MarianReformsAdvisor, etc.). This is the last part of modding that I have before I start a true campaign. Basically, what I would like to know is what I can delete and/or change in the script and have the reforms still work. Any help would be apprceciated. Thanks!

@Red
Recruitment of units in any particular reform period is linked to the EDB file. Each reform has it's own entries for each MIC level. Just some info if you want to change something. Good Luck.

konny
06-09-2008, 17:00
I've been trying to include an Unconditional Reform in the Polybia section with no luck. It either will not work or the shoe me how button is blocked out.

What is "show me" needed for, it is just an advice triggered for export_advice.txt?

mucky305
06-09-2008, 17:22
@konny
I thought that you need to click the "show me how" button in order to activate the background script. Some of the changes I've made block out this button.

konny
06-09-2008, 17:28
@konny
I thought that you need to click the "show me how" button in order to activate the background script. Some of the changes I've made block out this button.

Do you mean the advisor on game/reload start? I thought you were talking on the one that pops up when you hit the reforms. What changes did you do?

mucky305
06-09-2008, 18:54
@Konny
Yes, the advisor on game reload/start. Basically, the changes that I made are an inclusion of an unconditional reform in the Polybian section. It looks something like this

;Unconditional Reforms
if LocalFaction Seleucid <--- paraphrase
and I_NumberOfSettlements seleucid > 49

set_counter PolybianReformsAdvisor 1

terminate_monitor

end_monitor

I am trying to put similar reforms in place for Marian and Imperial triggers but I have a feeling that the problem is in the Polybian section as the other two seem relatively self explanatory.

konny
06-10-2008, 11:17
The code looks ok to me and should not affect the advisor on game start. Did you change anything else?

mucky305
06-10-2008, 13:01
I did elimnate the "end_if" part of the player reform and although it isn't shown, I kept the AI reforms so the "player" reform actually looks like this:

;Unconditional Player Reforms
if LocalFaction Seleucid <--- paraphrase
and I_NumberOfSettlements seleucid > 49

terminate_monitor

end_monitor

Should I just delete the "player" "AI" sections as this is how my mods were in previous builds and the reforms worked fine. What is the effect of the end_if and Polybian Reforms Advisor. Thanks for the help.

QuintusSertorius
06-16-2008, 10:27
Just to check, if when I reach 110BC in my campaign I change the unconditional trigger to as many provinces as I hold at that time, will it automatically cause the Marian reform when I next activate the script?

konny
06-16-2008, 11:00
Yes. (should)

fenix3279
06-25-2008, 07:29
This also works for the AI, right? I'm playing as Arverni and I kind of want the Romans to put up a better fight as Polybian maniples. Do I just set the reforms to unconditional so that the computer can get them?

Medical Toaster
06-26-2008, 00:17
The roman reforms for the AI have different conditions than for the player. The Polybian reforms will automatically kick in at 230 B.C., the Marian reforms kick in at 20 provinces (there is a random chance of occurrence with over 20 provinces) and the Imperial reforms do not have an A.I. specific trigger. Look for Unconditional AI Reforms in the roman reforms section in the script to change these to your preference.

QuintusSertorius
06-26-2008, 12:43
The roman reforms for the AI have different conditions than for the player. The Polybian reforms will automatically kick in at 230 B.C., the Marian reforms kick in at 20 provinces (there is a random chance of occurrence with over 20 provinces) and the Imperial reforms do not have an A.I. specific trigger. Look for Unconditional AI Reforms in the roman reforms section in the script to change these to your preference.

How do you change the AI Roman Marian trigger? I don't want them suddenly recruiting them at the end of the Second Punic War when they've got stuff in Illyria and Spain! I'd change it to 35 or 40 provinces.

Lemur
06-27-2008, 05:11
Well, I made my first, tentative attempt at modding my EB script, and it's safe to say it was a complete failure. What does it mean when the "show me how" button is grayed out, and you can't trigger the script? Does this indicate moral depravity on my part? Has the EB script examined me and found me wanting?

I want to muck about with the Marian reforms, natch, but my skills may be too un-leet to do the job. Mebbe somebody could post a working script mod somewhere to help dweebs like me? Or post an idiot-proof cut-n-paste guide to modding EB 1.1?

QuintusSertorius
06-27-2008, 09:48
If it won't "activate" you've done something wrong to the script. What were you editing it with? Not standard Windows Notepad?

Lemur
06-27-2008, 13:33
Uh, Textedit, actually. What's the text editor of choice?

mucky305
06-27-2008, 14:57
I use Crimson. I know others use Notepad ++ which I've never used. Crimson works kind of like a clipboard in that you can switch between several files within the program (each file you are modding gets a "page"). The line of text the you are currently on is highlighted and a little red or green button lets you know if the file has changes that haven't been saved. The best part...Crimson is free and you get a cool little dog icon on your desktop.

mp0925
07-09-2008, 00:35
why wount this work?

; Check Conditions
and I_TurnNumber > 120

; Unconditional Player Reforms after 210BC
if I_TurnNumber > 104
and I_LocalFaction seleucid
terminate_monitor
end_if

i changed that and im in the year 244bc so y amnt i getting the ploybian units? i destroyed one of my bacracks and processed cq ed it and all it can get was camillian and then i ended the turn and tried agin to no avail. whats wrong?

fenix3279
07-09-2008, 17:41
Can the imperial reforms be unconditional at a certain year, or should I just stick with certain amount of settlements owned? I've tried copying/pasting the polybian unconditional code into the imperial reforms. The activate script is grayed out when I start the game.

Since everyone else's imperial reforms seem to be activated via number of settlements owned, maybe I should stick with that. Will this work? Please let me know if I need to move anything around. Changing code is not a speciality of mine so things are bound to be incorrect.

This is exactly how it's written in the EBBS script. Yes, I am using notepad (unfortunately).

declare_counter Romani

and FactionType seleucid

inc_counter Romani 1

end_monitor

;Unconditional Reforms
and I_NumberOfSettlements seleucid > 35

terminate_monitor

end_monitor

and I_TurnNumber > 499
;and BattlesFought > 399

end_monitor

end_monitor

set_counter Romani 0
end_monitor

mucky305
07-09-2008, 19:49
@defiant

Yes, the settlement section should be changed to turn numbers and just set the turns at the number of years you want (100 years = 400 turns). If you copied the Polybian reform and ported it directly to the imperial section, I'm not sure your change will work. I have the same problem you do (inexperience) but I just mess with the stuff until I figure out the mechanics and then presto, I'm modding things correctly. Here's what the stuff means and what the game is checking for:

compare counter and set counter do exactly that, compare what reform you currently have to the new reform and then set the counter at the new reform. You have two compare counters, one prior to the unconditional and one inside it. Not sure if this will break script but from what I've seen, the script is "sensitive", hence the number of bugs and CTD's associated with it. The best thing (without being able to look at my own script file) to do would be to take the existing (original) imperial trigger and just do as I have suggested above, set the conditions to turns. I apologize that I can't post an example, but if you look at the other triggers, it should be easy enough to reverse engineer the change. Good luck!

fenix3279
07-10-2008, 02:45
@Mucky
Many thanks for the help. I've made good progress with my alterations. Every hour that goes by, I learn a little more. My modding skills will be up to snuff in no time :jester:
Anyway, I'm almost done. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Anyway, here it is. Bolded means changed.

declare_counter Romani

and FactionType seleucid

inc_counter Romani 1

end_monitor

and I_TurnNumber > 256
and I_NumberOfSettlements seleucid > 35
;and BattlesFought > 399

end_monitor

end_monitor

set_counter Romani 0
end_monitor

Instead of putting in an unconditional reform, I figured I would make the conditional requirements really easy to get. Serves the same purpose AFAIK. I figured it will work since I only changed a few numbers that were already there. Although I still have need a character with the Augustus trait in order to get the reforms. Is there a way to cancel that out? I know about the ';' but I am not sure where to put them. Also, can anyone please explain to me what purpose this line of code serves? ( and I_CompareCounter Romani > 54 ) I changed the numbers for settlements owned and TurnNumber.......but I wasn't sure what to do with this one. I have NO idea what the 54 means. I've seen the code several times before but the number usually differs. Do I need to change it as well?

mp0925
07-10-2008, 16:28
um can some 1 help me?

fenix3279
07-10-2008, 17:15
@mp0925
It looks like it should have worked. I assume you haven't changed anything else in the EBBS script? The script is very sensitive to errors and missing codes. You've been activating the script, haven't you?

mucky305
07-10-2008, 19:59
@defiant Your script should work. The compare Romani 54 part is unknown to me, but I do know that if deleted, it won't break the reform. The augustus part is easy, just give_trait "Firstname Romanvs" PlainRomanVirtue 3 VOILA, your Faction Leader becomes the fat Kraut kid from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

@MP The problem is the Turn Number > 120 part in the top. Delete that and you should be good.

fenix3279
07-10-2008, 20:15
@Mucky
So, should I just delete that particular line of code or would it be safer just to leave it as it is?
I'm trying to go through my final phase of double-checking the code so I know if it even works or not. It'd be a shame to upload it in the scripts, play the game for several weeks, reach the reforms and find out the darn thing doesn't even work. Or worse..... find out it caused a game ending CTD. *shudder*

mucky305
07-10-2008, 20:51
It will not break the script. The breakers are those compare counter commands, end/terminate monitor, etc. and ensuring your syntax is correct. Make sure that the conditons exceed those you set for the other two reforms as that will break the script. BTW add "legion: Italica" minus quotes under the Latium2 entry in your descr_region.txt file for a First Cohort surprise.

fenix3279
07-10-2008, 21:52
Oooh, I'm intrigued. A "surprise" you say?

Now this isn't gonna make me sh*t my pants or something, is it?

lol, no I'm kidding. Do you mean world/maps/base/DESCR_REGIONS text document? What's gonna happen? Will it give each unit a legion number or something? :stupido2:
You can tell me. I can keep a secret (sorta).

mucky305
07-11-2008, 14:14
Jessica Biel will emerge from your screen with a crested Gallic helm, declare "Veni, vidi, vici" and give you a lap dance. Well...actually..no. You got it right, it will added numbers to your first cohorts (or any other units that you give the legionary_name trait to and build in Rome). Yes, it is the descr_regions file.

On another note, you can test your script by simply cranking down your conditions to something that fits with the start of the campaign. For example, I set my scripts to the settlement numbers so I would set Polybian at 2, Marian 3, and Augustan 4. Start up a new campaign and see if the Augustan reforms occured. If not, back to the drawing board. It's just important to make sure the conditions are successive; reverse the order above and watch the problems begin. Good luck

fenix3279
07-11-2008, 18:16
Will do. You've been a big help. Thanks alot Mucky :2thumbsup:

omgitsnuc1
08-10-2008, 07:34
Ok with 1.1 how do I start or within 1-2 turns get the first set of reforms for romans? What exactly do I need to change?

EDIT- Got it working with the first set, Now how do I get the 3rd one instantly? I'm assuming it's below this correct

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; MARIAN TRIGGER

Pinkkiller
08-14-2008, 10:22
hmm I edited the Imperial Trigger thing and the button for activating the script was greyed out when I started to play.. what should I do? same thing when I had re-instaled EB..didn't edit ebbs script now

Sid_Wishes
12-31-2008, 07:40
HI
I want to know
how can i take traits Skilled Bureaucrat, Arrogans and Expert Recruiter without give_trait and without changes scripts (without cheats)? For example, if i want to take googdcommander, my general fights a lot. What should my general do to become Skilled Bureaucrat, Arrogans and Expert Recruiter?

mauergecko
01-06-2009, 12:49
I have another question to the Augustan reform. I have changed the script and it now looks like the following:

declare_counter Romani

and FactionType seleucid

inc_counter Romani 1

end_monitor

and I_TurnNumber > 499
;and BattlesFought > 399

end_monitor

;Unconditional Reforms
and I_NumberOfSettlements seleucid > 116

terminate_monitor

end_monitor

end_monitor

set_counter Romani 0
end_monitor

I wanted it to happen after 116 settlements taken, and as I took the 117 settlement again nothing happens. Is there something wrong with the modification in the script? It is not so important to know it for this game because I guess there are only a few settlements left to fulfill the winning obligations, but maybe I want to play the campaign again then I would like the reforms to happen earlier to have a little more of the experience.

Cyrus
01-26-2009, 19:53
Never mind i found my answer

Ibrahim
01-26-2009, 23:52
hey,

I wish to enquire (sinc this is the right thread?) as to how to change the Augustan reforms condition for a minimum of say 80 provinces only, without all that other hastle.

EDIT: nevermind.

Cyrus
01-27-2009, 18:56
Never mind i found my answer

Cyrus
02-08-2009, 04:22
Okay i'm having a problem here: i looked for
if I_TurnNumber > 248
terminate_monitor
end_if
but can't find it, it only shows the one with polibian reforms on it. Plus i really dont understand what i'm supposed to change to get the marian reforms earlier. so if someone could tell me how to get them in turn 200BC and only fighting 150 battles it would really make my day.
thx in advance

darkangel87
02-17-2009, 05:04
Hello Forum,

In order to get the Imperial Reforms earlier, I´m going to copy the "unconditional" lines from the Marian reforms in the Imperial reforms section... but must I type in "Unconditional Reforms" like stated in the posts in this forum or have I to write "Unconditional Player Reforms" as in the Marian section?

Regards Marcel

MarcusAureliusAntoninus
02-17-2009, 20:26
Those lines are just to describe what section of the script you are reading. Any line that starts with ";" is ignored by the script and isn't required.

belliger
03-03-2009, 09:23
hi marcus aurelius, belliger here.
i am at 261 Bc, conquered all sicily, plus bononia, patavium, segesta (so the conditions about the conquered towns are met). :2thumbsup:
want now the polybian reform, and so i changed the IfIturnNumber (as you suggested:book:) from 248 to 50.
didn't change anything else.
then i restarted the game, and wanted to check the changes, so i trigged the turn until after 259, but nothing happened.:thumbsdown:
moreover from the not-result,
i am also wondering, now, if the script now will give me anyway, later, the polybian reform, or not ... :sweatdrop:

what to do now???:juggle2:

MarcusAureliusAntoninus
03-03-2009, 19:07
Hmm, that's odd. If you changed just that one part and nothing else you shouldn't have had a problem.

Basic question: Do you start / have you started the script every time you load the game?

You could try restoring an unaltered script and see if it helps.

belliger
03-04-2009, 16:32
well, yes, i do star the scripts when i open/load the game.
there is another problem, that now the game crashes. it stops and i have .. after a while waiting... restart the PC.

when you write:
'You could try restoring an unaltered script'
you mean, to copy a fresh EBBS script (form an unused EB), and paste it on my EB?

belliger
03-04-2009, 19:02
whan you speak about the 'script' you mean to activate the famous '4-turns-per-year', don't you?

Mediolanicus
03-07-2009, 21:41
When activating the script you activate:

I. '4-turns-per-year'
II. Government script (destroying and placing AI govs)
III. Population Replenish script (adding pop. to AI cities when the AI recruits)
IV. Money Assistance for AI
VI. 12 different Reforms
VII. Victory Conditions script
VIII. Aliied Cities Script
IX. 17 different scripted special events
X. Scripted armies (Central European, Baltic and Numantian Defence)

When people speak of the script here, they speak of something more than '4-turns-per-year' ;-)

Hidden
03-25-2009, 19:11
Can you use the "give_trait cheat" to get the requirements for the marian and augustan reforms e.g.
Character that is:
Sharp/Charismatic/Vigorous- "give_trait |Name| ?"
Popularis- "give_trait |Name| ?"
Consul/Ex-consul- "give_trait |Name| Consul 1?"
Has 2 influence and command
What do you type in on the console to get these? :help::help::help::wall:

magick
03-30-2009, 06:04
I have a question concerning changing the imperial/Augustan reform. I know how to change everything to make it happen earlier, thanks to this thread, but i'm not sure whether this "-Have at least 45 type2 settlements" will have any affect at all. I currently change it so that the possibility of it occuring happens once I have 35 settlements, but i'm not sure how to edit that type2 settlement part.

Will that affect it in any ways, or can I ignore it? If it does affect it, how do I remove it? Do I just comment it out?

Ty for your response =D

belliger
03-07-2011, 22:01
HI ALL.
i am modding the EBBS and, with the given infos of this thread, it seems to work fine for setting reforms for the romans.
but i wish more challenge and i try to mod the Aedui, Carnuti, sweboz and kart hadast.
but concerning celts and so on, those tips here seem to be out of date.
and i am a bit scared to use the suggestion by darth stalin at his post n. 79, because the page on EBBS -as describer bu him - is different.
can anybody explain, suggest and/or redirect me, to set the reforms for Auedui and friends?
THX