PDA

View Full Version : KotR Duchy of Austria

Pages : 1 [2]

AussieGiant
10-14-2007, 22:16
Arnold:

Lorenz!!

You are order not to exterminate the city.

While your passion and dedication are clearly now not in question extermination will only provide longer term consequences.

Sacking the place will be more than enough to make your point crystal clear to the rebels.

You can take your frustrations out on another target later.

Duke Arnold.

AussieGiant
10-15-2007, 16:26
Arnold:

Men please update me with your situations.

Lorenz, I assume you will retake Budapest but refrain from exterminating it.

Lord Zirn, I beleive you are leaving your foot behind and making all haste to Budapest?

Count Karolinger, what are your intentions?

Duke Arnold.

AussieGiant
10-15-2007, 21:30
Arnold:

Orders have been sent men.

Duke of Austria.

RoadKill
10-15-2007, 22:33
Lorenz's trusty messanger once again rushes to the room out of breathe. He takes out a scroll and reads

Dear, Duke Arnold
I have decided not to wait for the reinforcments and has launched the attack on Budapust already, our seige weapons and cannons are ready, and we will be retrieving Budapust straight back into Austria's hands, I will not fail you. Although I still think exterminating the men is the better way, I will follow your orders, I will only kill those who have revolted against you.

Godspeed,
Lorenz

RoadKill
10-16-2007, 01:05
Lorenz slams into the chambers snapping the doors in the entry. His armour was cracked, dented, wrecked; his sword was dented everywhere, stained with the lives of hundreds; blood covered his whole body. Behind him were two others, it seems Lorenz has earned himself 2 new retunie. A sheildbeare, and a veteran warrior, they themselves were in a ever worse condition then Lorenz himself. Lorenz exhales and speaks

Duke Arnold, have I proved my loyalty now!? I have annihlated the foolish rebels, killing every last one of them. BUDAPUST IS NOW BELONGING TO THE AUSTRIANS ONCE AGAIN!

They begged for mercy, but I am not a man that offers mercy that easily. I masscered the 4900 rebel supporters of Budapust sparing the rest as they promise to prove loyal to the Austians, and I doubt they will ever pull something like that EVER again.

Lorenz threw his sword to his retunie, and slumped down into his chair, exahusted from the strenous fight.

AussieGiant
10-16-2007, 09:59
Arnold

Excellent work Lorenz.

Your loyalty is certainly not in doubt.

You reinforcements will arrive later next year. They should bolster the situation to some degree.

You've received my order and general strategy in my other letters.

You need to repair the walls and any other buildings you believe necessary next year.

After that I expect Lord Zirn and Count Karolinger to have joined on you.

Excellent work Lorenz!! Your going to make a fine commander and your going to have to be, because there is a lot more work ahead of us.

You should get yourself attended to.

Duke Arnold.

Northnovas
10-19-2007, 03:24
OOC:

Thought this would be better then a PM. Our options are interelated if we are working together.

The 3 avatars in Budapest have to decide to sit and fight or move to get reinforcements. I do not think a night attack will work we do not have the men they have two full stacks. They are one turn away.

I would be willing to sit and wait for the attack. I would take my option of picking up reinforcements if it meant more wealth if I sat in Zagreb a turn. Since RK can't fight his battles at the moment his option of picking up a cannon from Vienna would help reinforce Budapest.

WH could pick up the reinforcements from the Duke or stay to defend the city. Where does he want to be in the reman in the east or go west.

We are going to be attacked. What do you say gentleman?

AussieGiant
10-19-2007, 08:57
OOC:

There should be three extra regiments of armoured spearmen in Budapest from the 1320 orders from Arnold.

Did you get them.

Can you all please let me know the decisions you make if we are going to work together and no one is going to rebel. If we don't co-ordinate then we will only find out about our moves and recruitment once the save is up.

I've have not seen the latest save so depending on the Hungarian's and the total number of troops we have between the three of you I would follow the strategy I outlined...as long as you agree.

The three of you have more than enough decision making power to look at the strategy and make the choices.

That is how Arnold would prefer it. Mico managing leaves no one happy.

I will only see the save on Saturday. NN can you PM me a few pics?

Cheers

AussieGiant
10-19-2007, 12:35
Arnold

Count Karolinger! Tancred!

You're in Austria for better or worse at the moment.

What are you intentions? I need to know so I can issues orders and co-ordinate the defence.

I would recommend Count Karonlinger and Lorenz allow Lord Zirn to mount a night attack at the first Hungarian army.

I've had enough of this sitting around, we need to strike back and make the Hungarian's and Venetian's realise that they are still facing some of the finest generals and fighting men in the world.

I myself will do the same things if Tancred agrees to assist me for the coming years.

It all rests on Count Karolinger and Tancred...gentlemen I await your immediate responses.

Duke Arnold

Northnovas
10-19-2007, 18:38
Karl Zirn:

It appears we have a consensus and will take the fight to them. It will be a night attack to limit their support for reinforcements we will organize the best regiments that are prepared to fight.

Northnovas
10-20-2007, 13:12
Karl Zirn:

My Duke I am happy to report a victory. Unfortunately we took some $%&*@ casaulties and there is still another enemy army east of us. Excuse me for the "strong language" but it appears to be a habit I picked up on my return home. Generally we didn't speak like that in the Outremer; well there was the Kaiser.
We will do our best to recruit some more $@#!% men and complete the defenses of Budapest.

AussieGiant
10-20-2007, 14:39
Arnold

Excellent work Lord Zirn!!

Pass on my congratulations to Lorenz and Karolinger

We shall see what happens next near Budapest.

When will the wall be repaired and did you receive the 3 units of Sargent Spearmen I sent you last year?

Duke Arnold.

Northnovas
10-22-2007, 03:58
Karl Zirn:

Duke Arnold I report another successful engagement. I took the initiative with a night attack on the second army nearby and brought their noble down. I will need reinforcements and feel I should fall back to Budapest. The army was manily Hungarian missle regiments and our cavalry did most of the work. However, the men are tired from the night before. I cannot confirm the spearmen but I feel they may have arrived.
I will see what can be recruited from Budapest and some artillery would eb good to make up for the depletion of horses.

OOC: It is a little edgy battling with 2 other avatars under your command. :sweatdrop:

AussieGiant
10-22-2007, 12:33
OOC:

NN. Turns out TC forgot to send the 3 regiments of Sergeant Spearmen from Ragusa in 1320. You should have them now.

In 1322 I recruited men for myself.

In 1324 I'll send as much as I can to Budapest.

IC:

Arnold

Lord Zirn,

You're turning into the Bane of the Hungarian's!! I LIKE IT!!

Troops from 1320 have been delayed. I've summarily executed the Quarter Master in Ragusa for his negligence. He actually turned out to be a Venetian spy. You should receive 3 regiments of Sergeant Spearmen immediately in Budapest.

Fall back there and make sure Lorenz has repaired the wall.

It might be wise for him to head for Vienna and recruit some additional troops.

Pass on my congratulations to them both for an excellent job.

I'll send as many troops in 1324 as I can from Ragusa. I believe I have enough to defend against the Venetian's at this time.

Keep up the good work gentlemen.

Duke Arnold

RoadKill
10-22-2007, 21:14
Duke Arnold, I am not completly sure but the walls should be repaired. Also I will now travel to Vienna and recruit some cannons for the defence of Budapust. Or would you rather me do something else?

AussieGiant
10-23-2007, 08:48
Count Lorenz.

I can confirm the walls of Budapest have been repaired. Well done!!

Now the three of you need to make it back to Budapest and regroup.

There is another Hungarian force approaching and it will be on you immediately.

Lets wait and see what the Hungarian's do next before pre-empting your movements.

Duke Arnold.

Northnovas
10-23-2007, 15:33
Karl Zirn:

My Duke I would like to advise that things have temporarily stabilized in the Budapest Region. Your commanders are in agreement with the action plan. We will regroup in Budapest proper and I would like to have Young Zirn to travel to Vienna to pick up the cannon that we will need. We will continue the recruitment drive.

I would also like to commend you for publicly stating that reconciliation is possible with the Count of Prague. I have privately stated to Becker that I respect his position has a noble but not his current action. This is difficult times for the House and the Reich and I am happy to see that past mistakes can be forgiven in order to promote peace and prosperity.

I pray the Count uses this time for thought and reflection and that a positive and peaceful outcome can be reached when the time is right.

AussieGiant
10-23-2007, 16:01
Arnold:

Lord Zirn.

Excellent news my friend.

I will leave the details of the region up to you. Lorenz has certainly done well in the past years so his move to Vienna would be appropriate to recruit and gain more units.

As I mentioned I will raise as many troops as possible and send them to you this year. The Venetian's are rapidly approaching so I will be besieged very soon.

Keep me informed so we can co-ordinate the situation for the best possible solution.

I wrote to Becker asking for a meeting some years back. He agreed to the meeting, however the situation in Ragusa has unfortunately meant that is not possible.

I certainly can't abide by his timing and I do believe he has unnecessarily endangered the House because of his actions and forsaken his oath. Right now times are extreme so I do not wish to make a decision based on emotion, but these are serious issues that we must resolve.

As long as you can hold Budapest then we can speak to Becker as a group at a later stage. If you and Lorenz can speak to him then I would think that would be wise at this time.

If he was to reaffirm his allegiance and join us we could in fact begin to push the Hungarian’s back.

Have you any word regarding Karolinger and Tancred? Have they spoken to you?

Duke Arnold

Northnovas
10-23-2007, 16:33
Karl:

As I have mentioned my Duke we are in agreement at command in Budapest. Karolinger as graciously offered his services till the Hungarian menance is neutralized. I have have not corresponded with Tancred but if he wishes to aid us in this area I feel he would replace Karolinger who wishes to return home when the opportunity arises.

We will review our options.

AussieGiant
10-23-2007, 19:41
Arnold

Excellent Lord Zirn.

Please keep me informed of the tactical situation as it arises.

Duke Arnold

OOC: God I just love saying crap like that :laugh4:

AussieGiant
10-24-2007, 09:18
Arnold:

Lorenz, Lord Zirn, Count Karolinger

Do you prefer money (resource points to recruit local units) or do you want me to send professional troops?? (Troops will arrive at the end of the turn, money arrives for this turn).

Let me know your wishes gentlemen. Lord Zirn please inform me as to Karolinger's decision.

Tancred!!

I know the messenger service is inconsistent at this time...but for Christ sake...can you let me know what you are going to do!

The Venetian's are coming so there will be more bloodshed soon!!

Duke Arnold.

Northnovas
10-24-2007, 12:15
Karl Zirn:

I have used my wealth to purchase some Pavise Crossbowmen. The best we can do are militia units I would prefer professional troops from Ragusa then the exchange of wealth at this time.

We have another Bodyguard unit Johann is waiting for us in Budapest. I would like to see Lorenz Zirn get that artillery piece in Vienna and he may need some financial assisitance to purchase.

I have not heard from Tancred and it maybe possible for Karolinger to head west soon. Though I think we should offer assistance to rebuilt the 1st BOA army before he does leave.

I believe they are two Hungarian armies east and southeast of the Budapest. The one appears well trained and equipped but I do not know the composition of the second.

AussieGiant
10-24-2007, 13:41
Arnold:

I will be sending you and either Karolinger or Lorenz as many DIK as I can.

Combined with your missle regiments this should be the best combination.

Lorenz going the Vienna to recruit more troops and some cannon would be the best idea.

Depending on what Karolinger does I will either send some DIK to him or Lorenz.

I believe I will meet the Venetian's in the mountain passes.

Duke Arnold

Warmaster Horus
10-25-2007, 17:22
I wonder whether the situation calls for my return yet. I shall wait at least one more time before my departure East.

As for money or army, I'd rather have the troops. Dismounted Knights are what I command best, so the choice is natural.

As for rebuilding BHA Otto, no thank you. I will take the Knights from Duke Arnold, and my former army but no more; you will need the rest. And I have Innsbruck loyal to me. The Citadel will furnish me with many troops, hopefully.

OOC: I'll pm TC, telling him I'll stay in the area and assist once more the others, okay?

AussieGiant
10-25-2007, 19:22
OOC:

Good to hear from you WH

I'll send 6 regiments of DIK to Budapest. Northnovas can work out the details once they arrive.

Cheers
AG

RoadKill
10-30-2007, 03:40
THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS! Edmund Becker dares mess with us. I'm sorry if this is not intended Duke, but I will send the serpentines I was able to recruit to Budapust. I will then recruit 1 militia and build a fort near Vienna to stop that imbecil Becker from plundering our resources.

Northnovas
10-30-2007, 04:04
Karl Zirn:

I would have to agree. We can't wage a war without resources. If he wishes to hole himself up in Prague so be it but he can't take what we need to do the fighting now. I would support a defensive position and have Lorenz built a fort to block any further incursions from Prague.

That serpentine will be of great use. I feel I may not have the proper resources for a push and may have to fall back to Budapest. I have a cannon and 2 missile regiments with no calvary. If I can't soften the enemy up before the main assault I will just wear my army down and even a victory will be a defeat with the high casualties that would occur. I am open to any suggestions for tactics. They do have the superiority in numbers. I don't know if a night attack will be enough of a punch to stop their offensive maneuvers.

Any suggestions Friedrich, Duke Arnold?

AussieGiant
10-30-2007, 09:19
Arnold:

Count Lorenz,

Your instincts are spot on young man. Send the Serpentine's to Budapest and then go north!

Your objective is to prevent the separatist Becker from further damaging our ability to defend Austria!!

The actions of his merchants is reprehensible and another clear departure from sound thinking for the overall good of the Duchy.

Gentlemen, he is clearly thinking only of himself in this time of crisis and he will be brought to heel as soon as possible!!

Lord Zirn!!

I would still stay on the offensive and attack at night. While casualties maybe high your night time fighting skills should keep them low ni a front shock attack with you hitting one flank. Perhaps Lord Karolinger could accompany you as additional cavalry for the action? His service to date has been exemplary so please ask if this is a possibility.

And Zirn...keep your son safe...he may also be used as additional cavalry but you know how vital he is to the Duchy at this time!

Tancred is still out of communication although he does seem to be heading for Budapest.

I, on the other hand have had a gut full of these #$%ing merchants with swords. The next communiqué you receive from me will be covered in Venetian blood...the road to Daruzzo is going to be lined with heads!!

Duke Arnold

AussieGiant
10-30-2007, 17:32
Arnold:

Lord Zirn,

I am cut off from Ragusa, but have every intention of gutting these bloody merchants into the next century with immediate effect.

What that mean's is, I can't send you troops at the moment.

I have word that Tancred is heading to assist you.

With that in mind do you want money at this time or troops later?

Duke Arnold

I will send you personal orders by separate messenger.

AussieGiant
11-08-2007, 15:47
Gentlemen!!

The situation in Austria is still critical.

Firstly I would like to thank Duke Lothar for lifting the siege of Venice. His actions have had a direct impact on our ability to defend against the Venetian's and Hungarian's.

Lord Zirn, Lorenz, Sir Tancred and Count Karolinger,

I'm inclined to refit my army from Ragusa this turn and attack the Venetian's immediately. While this would deprive you all of professional troops for the moment it would allow me the send professional troops to you all the following turn.

Count Karolinger,

Do you intend to return to your Duke or remain in Austria? I certainly believe the three of you could mount a combined attack and lift the siege this turn.

Lorenz,

Give thought about moving towards Prague and defeating the Hungarian force marching towards our centre. We can not afford to lose income from this force going unopposed through our interior.

What are your thoughts on the next moves?

Duke Arnold.

Northnovas
11-08-2007, 17:45
Countrymen!

I have submitted some suggestions regarding our current situation by correspondence. I will let the Duke make the final decision when he is fully briefed but would like some feedback from Tancred and Lorenz for any further options that I did not see.

Karl

Northnovas
11-08-2007, 23:35
Karl Zirn:

After discussing with the Duke there will be a withdrawal from Budapest.

OOC: WH is away but will have the C option so he will safely leave the city.

RoadKill
11-09-2007, 04:17
Lorenz Zirn:
Duke Arnold!!!
I have been incharge of Budapust for many years. I have devoted many lives towards it. I have sacraficed hundreds of lives just regain it from the rebels; and now you tell me we are to abandon it!?

That is nonsense! Too much has been given to let this city fall. Here is my opinion. I will take every single available garrison in Vienna, and ask for the surronding cities to arm me with any men they can spare. I will then take the men I was able to rally and hit the Hungarian basturds outside of the city.

I am angered by the cowards who dare flee Budapust, you fools. Do not flee and return. Gather all the men you can and remain in Budapust with the best men you can find. With the forces I can rally, I will weaken the enemy outside of Budapust, even if it will cost me my life. I pray to God I will be able to make it in time.

This is my proposal Duke Arnold. It is your choice to accept it or not.

AussieGiant
11-09-2007, 11:30
Arnold:

The decision has been made and the orders given Lorenz. We will withdraw for the moment and regroup.

Karolinger will rejoin his Duke while Lord Zirn and his son head towards Zagreb.

Sir Tancred will move to a defensible position near Vienna also.

Lorenz ,the situation is not winnable at this moment. We are bleeding the Hungarian's inch by inch but we can not afford a defeat that would leave the entire region defenseless.

Contact Lord Zirn and discuss with him what is the best move at this time for you.

NO ONE is a coward Lorenz and to suggest otherwise is to ignore events that have happened right before your own eyes. Having read the battle reports from Ragusa the actions EVERYONE has taken to date show bravery and dedication beyond the call of duty.

Throwing our troops away on an unwinnable situation will simply leave the northern part of Austria completely open.

You are not authorised to attack. Follow Lord Zirn's orders and we will discuss our moves for next turn.

My lords please also note that Jan von Hamburg has appeared near Venice and is proclaiming various attitudes towards myself and the situation in the Reich as a whole. I request that none of you deal with him directly and refer any contact made to me immediately. His call for troops in the region must not impact our own ability to defend Austria, just as Beckers actions have previously.

Duke Arnold

Northnovas
11-09-2007, 13:00
Karl Zirn:

Lorenz, I admire your spirit but to win the war you have to pick your battles and the situation in Budapest is not in our best interest at the moment.
The only fool is the one in Prague who has all those troops that could be used defending Austria instead of travel excursions fighting Poles. If we had those men for Budapest the situation would be much different for the Duchy. Please advise if there is any action you would like to take by correspondence.

RoadKill
11-09-2007, 22:34
Lorenz Zirn:

Then so be it.... You are my Duke and I shall obey. I am still in great depression to let my city fall but I shall do, if running away is the only way we can win. I will wait for your command for what I shall do.

AussieGiant
11-10-2007, 09:19
Arnold:

Lorenz my boy!!

We are not running away. This is a withdrawal under good order.

I promise you my friend, we will take back Budapest and you will have your city back!!

Austria will be whole again...for the moment not, but it will!!

Have no doubt about that Lorenz. I will expend every last breath in my body to accomplish this task.

Duke Arnold

AussieGiant
11-12-2007, 13:21
Lords of Austria!!

Firstly let me publicly state my gratitude and heart felt thanks to Count Karolinger and Sir Tancred for their sacrifice and service to Austria.

I will personally extend my thanks to your respective Dukes for all that you have done for Austria in this time of crisis.

Now to other matters.

Jan von Hamburg's actions have clearly impacted the situation here in the Reich. I'm not going to comment now as there is far more important things to do than discuss what has already occurred. However I would ask the nobles of Austria to not forget.

The religious unrest has intensified to the point of open organised conflict.

While I understand the populace and their grievance in this manner and both sides of the conflict have their points...I will not tolerate open warfare against the Duchy and the secular powers that govern it!!

Moreover, everyone’s first priority is to pacify their respective provinces. Without resources we will perish.

Give me your thoughts gentlemen!!

Duke Arnold

AussieGiant
11-20-2007, 06:51
Lord Lorenz, Lord Zirn,

There are only three of us.

Lorenz, I can't fault your thinking with regards to Vienna. There's no point have the merchant class fat and happy if there is nothing to be fat and happy with once this is all done.

My thoughts on your aquired wealth is to recruit professional soliders.

I send me a potion of the wealth, I will then raise the troops you desire and then force march then to you immediately. Some wealth should be spent to give you an operational force in as soon as possible but the entire reason I have fought so hard to hold Ragusa is to allow us to recruit prefessionals.

If you are in agreement then let me know how you wish to allocate the resources and I will go to the quarter master immediately and relay your orders.

(OOC: I expect I can recruit immediately from Ragusa but it will take some time to send them. I will check with TC and get back to you on the timing. Therefore I recommended you hire the best troops you can to give you some force and then wait for the professionals to arrive soonish.)

Lord Zirn,

I have no thoughts for you at this moment. The reports from the field are vague at best. What are you initial thoughts on your movements?

AussieGiant
11-20-2007, 14:40
OOC: This information is an IC representation of the information I have received about raising an army using Ragusa this turn.

Lorenz,

I've spoken to the quarter master general and recruiting staff here in Ragusa.

If you remain in Vienna this turn and do nothing in that province you will receive all the professional troops you need at the end of this turn and the only action available to you would be to pacify Vienna.

I would therefore highly recommend you send me a recruiting order and money for me to raise this force and send it to you at the end of this turn.

With this army you can certainly "get in the fight" and help relieve some of the pressure we are facing.

I look forward to you immediate reply.

Duke Arnold.

Northnovas
11-21-2007, 00:54
Karl Zirn:

I will remain in the Zagreb region and fight the Hungarian army to the east of Zagreb. I would like to aid the city of Venice but it is too far and will leave us exposed. Depending what the Hungarians do with Budapest if they rest or continue west I may have the option of aiding Vienna or go west to Venice.
I want to ensure that Zagreb is secure.

AussieGiant
11-21-2007, 01:29
Arnold:

A sound strategy Lord Zirn.

Good luck and god speed!!

Duke Arnold

RoadKill
11-21-2007, 04:02
Lorenz Zirn:

Then all is well, with a fresh professional army at hands, I can easily crush those Hungarians. Lord Zirn if you don't mind me suggesting, I think you should not go to Venice and stay in Vienna. If the Hungarians take Budapest Vienna will be in a terrible spot it is best if the two of us was there to protect Vienna as we can not lose another major settlement.

AussieGiant
11-21-2007, 04:25
Arnold:

Lorenz, your orders have been place with the quarter master general.

The following professional regiments will arrive later this turn and will enable you to crush the rebel force south of your current position.

3 x DFk
3 x Armoured Sergents
1 x Pavise Crossbowmen.

----------------
OOC: This is the only move TC will allow you to make this turn AND receive the troops using the resources you have.
----------------

IC:

Gentlemen,

I highly recommend we fight the fights we can this turn.

Therefore that mean's Lorenz should attack the rebels once he has received the troops from Ragusa.

Lord Zirn should attack the Hungarian army near Zagreb.

I will move to block the Venetian army approaching Ragusa.

Duke
Arnold

RoadKill
11-27-2007, 02:10
Lorenz Zirn:

Duke, I am stuck on optionsto pick. Shall I garrison Vienna and defend it against all foes.

You should alo take in consideration that Nuremburg remains in the grips of religious warfare and her Lords are stuck in Italy defending against the Byzantines I could ride northwest to Nuremburg and pacify the province in an attempt to prevent any further destruction, and then return immediately to Vienna.

AussieGiant
11-27-2007, 03:21
Arnold:

That's a negative Lorenz, do not attack Prague.

Let me confer with Lord Zirn and I will get back to you.

Hold and await further instruction. While wiating I'd recruit a unit of Forlorn Hope. In addition, as we have lost Budapest, you are now Cout of Vienna for administration purposes please oversee the approriate duties and forward on any issues. (OOC: This is a technical issue to allow for more money in the game mechanics...I think.).

Duke Arnold

:clown: Couldn't help the Top Gun reference and military style request.

Northnovas
11-27-2007, 06:11
Karl Zirn:

Duke Arnold just to clarify from our latest intelligence I would recommend that Lorenz Zirn hold and recruit in Vienna. Some artillery would be nice. There is a small Crusading Army of Hungarians to the east and I don't know if there destination is Vienna. We cannot loose anymore cities.

I am secure in Zagreb but would like to top up the army. I have some wealth to share in the recruitment. I think a return to Ragusa and built up would be wise the Venetians have some large armies to the east.

I am unsure of the 1st AHA next move. Venice is under enemy control but no army has left to head east. I fear if I venture to far east they may take the opportunity to move on our western front. Though I want to protect the region I do not want to sit. I may force the hand of the Hungarians at the first bridge.

What do you say with the wealth can we take advantage of our situation and pool our money to recruit some high quality regiments?

AussieGiant
11-27-2007, 06:28
Arnold:

#@^%$#$ me!! I just saw the field reports!!

I don't know where these %$#^#ing Venetian's are getting all this money and men but it seems as if Satan himself is aiding them!!!

I'm pulling back recruiting like a bastard and holding the fort so to speak.

I would recommend both of you send me money so I can recruit and send professional soliders to you. Of course that would mean no offensive actions this season.

Venice is lost...we can't help it anymore. Duke Lothar has done his best and there is nothing more I could ask of him. We hold here until we are dead or the situation changes.

Both of you could camp just outside the cities and tempt the two respective Hungarian armies next season. Neither can attack with more than one army as far as I can tell.

We are three nobles with three armies and three provinces. We've done very well considering the situation, but this does seem to the "end game".

Given the situation holding would be the most prudent course of action. We simply build up as much strength as we can combined together and make them bleed as hard as possible.

Thoughts?

RoadKill
11-28-2007, 01:27
I agree Duke that we should bring the fight to their territories but, now is not the time, we need seige equipment men, these things we do not have. Currently I will go to Vienna and defend it with my life, I will recruit one or two cannons.

Northnovas
11-28-2007, 03:28
Karl Zirn:

Agreed lets use this up coming year to recruit and resupply. I will send my wealth to Ragusa for higher quality troops. Then we can move forward next year.

AussieGiant
11-28-2007, 05:02
Please send me your respective money and recruiting orders.

I will dispatch the troops as soon as they are formed.

RoadKill
11-30-2007, 20:58
Lorenz Zirn

I need some orders Duke!

AussieGiant
12-01-2007, 07:25
Arnold:

Count Lorenz!!

Recruit what ever you can locally and take up a position outside the walls of Vienna in a good defensive location.

Hold the line my good sir that is all I ask of you at this time.

I will recruit what I can here in Ragusa and hold off the siege against the Venetian's.

Lord Zirn is going to determine what his course of action is very soon.

He's free to take on the Hungarian's besieging Zagreb, although my scouts report that the force is highly motivated, trained and equipped.

Duke Arnold.

Northnovas
12-01-2007, 21:45
Karl Zirn:

I will hold the walls for now and not sally at this time. I will let the Hungarians make the first move.

AussieGiant
12-08-2007, 01:55
Gentlemen!!

We are being worn down!!

Lorenz you must assist Karl and break the siege of Zagreb or we will be ground into dust by disease and famine.

I will ask the Kaiser what he intends to do but we must assume he does not head east until we hear otherwise.

Lorenz, let me know your thoughts and get back to me as soon as possible.

RoadKill
12-08-2007, 06:27
Your word is my command. I will take my professional army and go to Zagreb immiadtly and break this seige. I swear to you lord every single one of them will fall to my blade.

AussieGiant
12-08-2007, 06:50
Arnold:

Christ on the Cross Lorenz you really are a hard charger!!

I like it!!

But hold for the moment. If the Kaiser heads east to Zagreb then you might have to go north and hammer some Poles and help Becker.

I need you to wait until we hear from the Kaiser and then I'll let you loose in one direction or the other.

Is Vienna potentially threatened by any army if you leave for an extended period of time to help Zagreb or Prague?

Duke Arnold

econ21
12-08-2007, 10:35
A letter to the Duchy of Austria:

Duke Arnold and Noble Lords of Austria!

I very much desire to reminisce with my old comrade Karl Zirn at Ragusa. Should any @#$%^&!!! Hungarians be rude enough as to try to interrupt our reverie, they will regret it. I am glad that Count Becker is reconciled within the House of Austria and wish Lorenz Zirn God's speed in marching to relieve him.

As for the intention of Imperial knights to join me, this is a spontaneous move on their part and not something I control as yet. I asked young Dieter von Kassel if he could explain it, but the fellow rambled on about something involving a metallic bovine. He is clearly deranged. I expect at the next Diet, the Imperial knights that gather to me will form the heart of reconstituted armies of the Kaiser, Prinz and Chancellor.

Kaiser Elberhard

AussieGiant
12-08-2007, 10:49
Arnold:

Elberhard you sarcen killing swine!! Glad you could join the bloodshed here in the homelands.

The sun must have baked more of that brain than we thought, because I have no idea what the %#^@ing hell are you talking about.

I'M in Ragusa not Karl Zirn.

Are you marching on Ragusa where I am or Zagreb where Lord Zirn is currently located?

And did you bring any of those $#%^#$ing massive beasts you call "Arnold's"?

If you did, then by %$#^#ing Christ little cross we could use them now!!!

Looking forward to your immediate reply my Liege.

Arnold.

econ21
12-08-2007, 10:57
Another royal letter, addressed privately to Duke Arnold, although an amused scribe cannot help but leak its contents

@#$%^&!!!ing hell, Duke Arnold. Do you expect me to know the names of my provinces? I am Kaiser Elberhard, King of the @#$%^&!!! Romans (well, those Romans that the @#$%^&!!!ing Byzantine @#$%^&!!!ers have not exterminated anyway) and I am above geography!

I am going to see my old comrade Karl Zirn, whether he is up a mountain, in a bog or back in @#$%^&!!!ing Outremer!

And don't mention me "Arnolds", friend. It's still a sore point. Sadly, the only one I have left is on me coat of arms.

Yours

Elberhard

AussieGiant
12-08-2007, 11:11
Arnold:

My Liege,

My sincere apologies for "ballsing" up your orders, I'll have the messenger flogged and the cartographers alter the maps accordingly after they've been dragged five miles by their scrotal sacks.

I'll also endure a few more hours of penance for wasting the Kaiser's valuable time, my Priest will be immensely gratified with that.

Lorenz you blood soaked, killer!!!

Head north and pound seven shades of #^%#$% out of those Poles around Becker!!! Work out the details with him directly, I just want them all dead by the time either of you report back to me at the end of the season!! Clear!!??

Lord Becker,

Try and make sure young Lorenz doesn't go too over the top while he's up there with you. You're the cool head in my view. Point the young buck in the direction you want him to go and then send him off.

Lord Zirn,

Hold tight, God's representative on earth is on his way!! There seems to be some bizarre issues with the Royal cartographers with the Kaiser. I'd light a massive beacon just to be sure Zagreb is clear for all to see.

I'll sit here and mind my own business for another season...I'm getting very good with the Longbow in this siege. I think I've killed more than a dozen donkeys to date...those bloody beast are as dumb as two sacks of crap.

Happy hunting everyone.

Duke Arnold

RoadKill
12-08-2007, 15:59
Lorenz Zirn

I will immidiatly take my professional army and head to prague. I will leave a small garrison at Vienna, but I am concerened that we might lose it if one of our enemies discover's it weak. But that shall be no matter, I will demolish the Poles so fast that the I'll be back in Vienna in no time.

AussieGiant
12-09-2007, 02:53
Arnold:

Just make sure you don't lose Vienna in the process of getting up there to help Lord Becker!!

AussieGiant
12-10-2007, 20:20
Imperial War Dogs of Austria!!!

After you've all spanked the living bejesus out of the Poles and Hungarian's this season...and I expect total £$%$£ing annihilation from all of you...I'd like you all to sign Fritz von Kastilien's renunciation of the £$%ing reunification $%^$ up we were all privy to watch from the front row!!

It's certainly a good move in my view and will end any and all future attempts at such misguided and completely %&^$ing stupid ideas.

And I'd all like you to spare a thought for me sitting in this £$%£ing cold, damp, boring Citadel here in Ragusa. I'm bored as bat shiet and would love to be up north having some fun with you all.

And if any of you hear, see or happen to read about some Hapsburg noble wandering around the Duchy can you kindly send word down the coast to me.

Give'em hell boys!!

Arnold, Duke of Austria.

econ21
12-11-2007, 01:47
Another Imperial scroll:

Honourable Nobles of Austria,

There were some @#$%^&!!!ing ugly @#$%^&!!! @#$%^&!!!ers loitering around Zagreb, so I told them to @#$%^&!!! off. They were quite unreasonable about it, but could be persuaded in the end.

I don't want to appear to be telling you how to defend your homelands, but the road to Ragusa is now open. I suggest that my old comrade Karl Zirn begin the march there. It's winter and the weather is @#$%^&!!!ing awful, so he won't get far but it might be good to make a start.

And Duke Arnold, about that murderous @#$%^&!!!er Fritz's von Kastilien's declaration. When you have signed it, please pass it on to me. I need something to wipe my @#$%^&!!! with.

I mean, come on - Fritz, that @#$%^&!!!ing idiot God-@#$%^&!!! Lutheran @#$%^&!!!er! I don't know what the @#$%^&!!! he is doing dragging up that ancient history. After the extermination of Rome, reunificiation is deader than Fritz's wards at Stettin.

The only possible function of that declaration seems to be to embarass me. Well, if that's what you all want, I will invite Fritz and all of you to the smallest room in the Diet, where you can watch me with my pants down. And for a bonus, I'll let you watch me put his @#$%^&!!!ing declaration to good use!

Good day, noble Austrians! It's a cold welcome here, but anyway I will be returning northwest. There is a Diet to open and after that, the small matter of a capital to retake.

Kaiser Elberhard

AussieGiant
12-11-2007, 12:19
Kaiser,

I can certainly see your point of view my Lord, however I am certainly not doing this for any other reason than to clearly state and support a declaration that reunification is NOT an option to be considered in the future. In my view I'm aiming this squarely at the clergy and it's a clear warning to both Lutheran and Catholic men to keep their shiet in line, or secular powers will do it for them!!

That is all I am making this mean in my view. The History of how this crisis began has already passed into the scribes hands and I'm not one of those pencil pushing administrative #$%$wit types!!

As for Austria's next move, then yes, Lord Zirn and I have already discussed his immediate march down south to relieve the situation in Ragusa.

Your assistance was greatly appreciated my Liege.

Happy hunting in the north and Merry Christmas.

Duke Arnold

Privateerkev
12-11-2007, 21:07
OOC: Just so everyone knows, I'm definitely around. I just have been stalling and waiting to see if Zirn's daughter gets married. I'll wait for the 1340 report. If she's married by then, I'll take the husband as my avatar. If she isn't, I'll take a generic elector and be around for the 1340 Diet. Then, after the Diet, I'll wait for the daughter to get married or Jan Zirn to come of age, which ever comes first.

So, that's why I've been quiet. I'm waiting to see what "skin" I'll be wearing for the Diet before getting really involved with character interaction. :2thumbsup:

AussieGiant
12-12-2007, 10:56
OOC: Just so everyone knows, I'm definitely around. I just have been stalling and waiting to see if Zirn's daughter gets married. I'll wait for the 1340 report. If she's married by then, I'll take the husband as my avatar. If she isn't, I'll take a generic elector and be around for the 1340 Diet. Then, after the Diet, I'll wait for the daughter to get married or Jan Zirn to come of age, which ever comes first.

So, that's why I've been quiet. I'm waiting to see what "skin" I'll be wearing for the Diet before getting really involved with character interaction. :2thumbsup:

Thanks for the update PK.

AussieGiant
12-13-2007, 19:37
Arnold:

Right you Hungarian loving, Polish sympathizing, Venetian kissing bastards!!!

There's going to be a Diet session in a few months.

I want you to start making your way to Nuremberg and begin thinking about potential legislation and discussion points for this House.

Think before you start talking in here...there's bloody six of us now so I don't want this place sounding like some brothel full of gossip and screaming women!!!

We're nobles of House Austria, we're men and I want you all to try and remember that.

Duke Arnold

Privateerkev
12-14-2007, 20:06
Dieter von Essen wanders into the Austrian chambers off of the Diet floor. Way down the great table, he sees a plaque with his name. Proud of his very own seat at such a noble place, Dieter walks over and sits in a chair that is almost too big for him.

Privateerkev
12-16-2007, 19:16
Having said his peace in the Diet, Dieter goes back into the Austrian Chambers to see if his Duke has any guidance he wishes to give.

AussieGiant
12-16-2007, 19:28
Arnold:

Having finished sparring with Bresch for the moment the Duke enters the Austrian chambers and is slightly surprised to see Dieter.

Young von Essen. I see you have found your seat in the chamber.

We've not spoken privately since your marriage to my niece, so congratulations. She's a fine woman and has a loving heart, you'd best look after her well young man. Lord Zirn is not for this world much longer, and then it will be up to me to take care of my sisters family.

The last sentence is accompanied by a hard stare.

Realising he might be over compensating the Duke quickly smiles at the young Lord.

I hear you wish to take up the cross and join Matthias in Outremer is that correct?

Privateerkev
12-16-2007, 19:42
Dieter is in awe to be finally speaking to his Duke. Not wanting to stammer on and bore such a busy man, Dieter attempts to keep his answers short and to the point.

Mein Duke,

I assure you I will take good care of my family. I am well aware that any children we bare would be considered to have "the blood of Heinrich" and that is a great responsibility.

Unfortunately, you are correct about my father-in-law. The Good Lord will take him in the near future. When that happens, I will be looking to you for guidance and support since you will be the elder patriarch of the Zirn family.

And yes, it is my wish and hope that I be allowed to take up the Cross. But I know I am an Austrian noble first and a crusader second. If you believe the situation in Austria requires my presence, then I will stay for as long as you need me.

But since we now have six Austrian nobles, and no one else seems to wish to take up the Cross at this time, I hope that something can be arranged. My long term goal is to see Damascus under Austrian control in honor of my father-in-law. But with that great city under the control of our allies, I fear that may just be a pipe dream for the moment.

Also, I need to get officially "knighted". I have been in combat as a soldier and an officer and have the scars to prove it. But, being knighted is a different matter since it involves nobility and fealty to a lord. Something that was not available to me until I got married. Whether it happens in Austria or Outremer does not matter. I just want it to happen sometime in the near future so I can serve.

And finally, any edicts you wish to present? I don't have any ideas for mine. And you know the local situation better than I do. Also you know what we can realistically accomplished in one term.

Your opinions on proposed legislation seem to mirror my own. But even if they didn't, I always welcome your thoughts on legislation and will weigh your opinion heavily.

Dieter finally stops talking in order to give his Duke a chance to respond.

AussieGiant
12-16-2007, 20:19
Taking a seat and sipping some wine the Duke studies the young man for a few moments before speaking.

I'm glad you realise the blood lines carried in this family. I believe only myself and Elby can say we are grandson's of the late Kaiser Heinrich, I think many men don't realise that anymore.

You certainly have my blessing to take up the cross Dieter. Siburg has always spoken favourably of the East and I'm sure she would be happy to go back there. But please keep in mind what Matthias has said. You could be desk bound or part of the reserve cavalry forces out there for sometime, plus I'm not sure how you would get out there, I hear there are rumors that the fleets will be disbanded for fiscal reason's.

As for your knighthood, then my first thoughts are to have Lord Zirn and his son Johann take you east and attack a small Hungarian force that I have field reports on. There we can see if it would be possible to get you knighted before heading to Outremer. That would have you placed in better stead for surviving out there.

Just between you an me Dieter, I have no edicts or amendments to propose at this time. The less the better at this stage of the game my boy. It's going to be about survival more than anything right now.

As for your support or voting direction...then contrary to what many believe I do not dictate what you should do. You should vote with your head and heart on matters and I freely expect you to argue and debate here in the Austrian Chamber on whatever you wish.

I will as a matter or policy send all Austrian nobles my thoughts and recommendations on what I believe and outline anything of special significance to me...but it is a guideline only.

RoadKill
12-16-2007, 22:23
Lorenz Zirn Bursts into the room greeting the new general and speaks:

Duke! This young and novice general seems to want to be knighted so quickly. Please my good lord let me bring him into battle. Not only will I get him knighted, I will make sure he is soaked in Hungarian and Polish blood and flesh. I'll show him the true marks of war!

Northnovas
12-16-2007, 22:40
Karl Zirn comes in to the chamber and sees that it is filling up with nobles. He orders the steward to bring some wine and food.

Good day everyone. I see that young Lorenz is ready fro action. It may be a good plan to sent Dieter with him to Vienna. The city is in unrest and there are some Hungarians that need to be pushed back.
There is also a large Byzantine army to the west that is still a very large threat. Only the Kaiser's army is standing between them and Zagreb.
I don't have any edicts in mind I am just glad to see business returning to normal and see our Duke elected Chancellor.
Strategically I would like to see Venice and Budapest returned into the Austrian fold in the near future.
As for the Outremer it will need good men and Dieter would be a good candidate but I would like to see the situation stabilized and have King Steffen's input who and what he will need. If Austria is to send her men then Dieter should be our first choice. Get him knighted here by cleaning up our borders with the vermin that are lingering there.

The steward arrives with a tray of bread and cheeses. Some fine wine is poured in the goblets and passed to the nobles.

A toast to the Duke in his bid for Chancellor, to Austria to the Reich! Cheers!

Privateerkev
12-17-2007, 04:32
Dieter takes a goblet of wine and holds it up.

To Duke Arnold's Chancellorship!

Here here!

Dieter looks at Count Lorenz,

I appreciate your offer. I do want to make clear though that I have been blooded. I was in the Battle of Zagreb and have the scars to prove it.

Dieter points to a scar on his face.

But I will go and be knighted by whoever needs the extra cavalry. Just put me where I am needed.

Now I have my own thoughts on current legislation.

CA 14.1 I am neutral about. I'll probably vote for it since I can't think of a reason to vote against it.

CA 14.2 has my full support. The Charter of Outremer needs to be modernized.

CA 14.3 I do not support. I have only been quiet about it since a fellow Austrian had proposed it. I keep my disagreements with my fellow Austrians private. I will say in here though that the CA is unnecessary.

CA 14.4 is completely pointless. It needs to die a horrible death. Let us prosecute the war on our terms, not that of some radical priest.

Edict 14.1 I support. This is the way to prosecute the war with the Greeks. Through legislation that is practical and allows flexibility for conditions on the ground.

Edict 14.2 I am neutral about. I'll probably vote for it since I can't think of a reason to vote against it.

Do any of my fellows have their own thoughts they wish to share?

Dieter munches on a piece of cheese.

AussieGiant
12-18-2007, 21:24
Raising his goblet to his fellow Austrian nobles Arnold downs the glass in one swift gulp.

Christ I'm going to need a few more of those bottles Lord Zirn!! The bloody tavern resembles the Diet chamber at the moment.

Of course that lunatic Fritz then goes and challenges ME to a joist...is he mad??

Anyway!!

Remember to submit your tax and build queue's to the Chancellors office before the election men, otherwise Fritz or myself can do what we want...which might not be a bad idea.

Apologies to both Dieter and Hapsburg as there are currently no Count-ships to allocate at the moment.

I'll post up the Austrian House Army orders in the next day or two.

Karl your still head of the 1st AHA, I plan and sending you, Johann and Dieter towards Budapest. Let me know if this is agreeable to you or not.

Hapsburg, I need you to quell the rioting in Vienna as soon as possible. I'll request as many militia troops as possible to assist you in that action.

Privateerkev
12-19-2007, 04:29
Dieter munches on some more cheese blocks,

No apology is needed Mein Duke. The situation is what it is. Furthermore, I don't believe Counties are "entitlements". They are rewards for loyalty and service. I need to do something worthy of rewarding first.

I'm already looking forward to this Diet session being over. It has just degenerated into pointless bickering and arguing. I know I had some part in that and have privately reconciled with Sir Fritz in order to do my part at bringing a certain level of civility back to the Diet.

It certainly has been an exciting first Diet Session!

To that, Dieter takes a sip of wine.

Cecil XIX
12-24-2007, 22:25
My lords, as you are aware a Hungarian army is menacing Vienna. Given the state of the Reich, we cannot aford for Vienna to be besieged. The loss of trade will be sorely felt. With that in mind I ask Karl Zirn to leave his artillery train behind and engage the Hungarians immidiately. Once the battle is won Lord Zirn's artillery will be able to march close enough to Vienna that they could call upon him for support if attacked. Once that is done I will be to return to Prague.

AussieGiant
12-24-2007, 23:51
Arnold:

What ever is decided then please let me know the results as soon as possible.

Saving Vienna from a siege is more important than the half stack between Lord Zirn and Vienna. We can ignore that this season and then better defend Vienna in the next season.

Northnovas
12-27-2007, 04:47
Karl Zirn:

What the $%@# is going on Steward???? What has the Duke gotten into in Ragusa? I am too damn old to be running around the running this House.

First thing first von Essen my son we must get your official spurs along with von Hapsburg who has been sitting in this damn town drinking. We will meet and rid of the Hungarians still lingering in the Vienna Region. I want you to command Vienna till Lorenz returns from Prague. I am sure Becker would like to return to his city.

As for Lorenz he will clear the Poles out of Prague Region.

I don't know what is going on down there I have had no instructions form the Duke but I will send Johann down there to see what is going on.

OOC: Karl did pick up some strong language in his old age.

Cecil XIX
12-27-2007, 05:11
With all due respect Count Zirn, I believe I should be the one to relieve my county. I have more than enough time to bring them to battle.

Northnovas
12-27-2007, 05:20
With all due respect Count Zirn, I believe I should be the one to relieve my county. I have more than enough time to bring them to battle.

Becker, I was just following the Kaiser's orders and did not know you were available. If you have the higher command then you should relieve your city. I did receive correspondence for Herman Steffen to join in the fight to earn his spurs.
I will let you make the arrangements and orders to defend Prague.
I will concentrate on the issue in Vienna and have our young commanders here earn their spurs so they will be able to get a commission to lead.

Privateerkev
12-27-2007, 06:37
Yes!

Please Steward Zirn get me knighted. I want to be useful! I was happy to help Count Becker with his errand but Austria and Outremer need help. I know I can not yet lead men but please use me as another unit of heavy cavalry until I'm worthy.

With our Duke sick, we all need to pull our weight. And I have not felt like I have been pulling my weight!

Northnovas
12-27-2007, 17:14
Karl Zirn:

A battle report will be up in due time to historically record your merits in battle. The short term plan is to prepare the defenses for Vienna there is a large Hungarian Force outside of Budapest. That is our ultimate goal, recapture Budapest.
However, we must ensure the Prague is secured and find out the status of Duke Arnold.

Dieter will be in charge of Vienna defenses and the 2nd AHA. A recruitment will be needed to build up the depleted ranks.

Northnovas
12-30-2007, 01:32
Karl Zirn:

We have been blessed! Victories in Vienna and Prague have given us some room.
Count Becker please advise what your plans are for your city I see there are still some Polish armies east of your location.
Dieter I want the army in Vienna reinforced and supplied and when you are ready Budapest will be our objective. I will have you lead that offensive when the time is right.
Hopefully we will have news from Johann on the status of the Duke when he arrives in Ragusa.
Any thoughts or comments?

RoadKill
12-30-2007, 03:43
OOC: I'm not sure if you guys knew, but I was gone for 6 days.

Northnovas
12-30-2007, 05:10
OOC: I'm not sure if you guys knew, but I was gone for 6 days.

We knew you were away for the holidays if you check the save you are up in Prague with cecil.

AussieGiant
01-03-2008, 13:17
Arnold:

My Lords,

I've still got the plague but I've been told I am in remission for the time being.

Given that is the situation Johann, I know you where heading down to take command but Ragusa is infected...you can't join the army at this time.

I ask you to head back to Vienna and I will send as many troops as I can to you in the coming years. They will be infected but we can't hope to hold unless someone take the chance.

As for the defense of Austria, then firstly Becker and Lorenz must destroy that Polish force around Prague and the same must be down with the Hungarian's around Vienna.

Give me your thoughts gentlemen, we must lift the sieges!!

At this time I will also announce formally that Johann Zirn is the Heir apparent to the Duchy of Austria. If I die all nobles must swear allegiance to him as they have done to me!!

Cecil XIX
01-03-2008, 19:43
My Duke, the situation in Bohemia is grim, but survivable. Unfortunately the Polish general Chwalimir of Chelm has obtained a powerfull army where before he had only a handful of units. My own scouts report that atleast one of his regiments is made of battle-hardened veterans, with weapons and armor of the highest quality (OOC: Triple silver chevron and max armor and weapons upgragdes).

Given the fact that there is a plague going on, I would rather wait in Prague and let this Chwalimir attempt to force his way in. That would be the safest way, I think. If I could merge the remains of the Armored Sergeants together, the city would have enough room for another regiment of Bohemian Spear Militia. That' along with the retrainer of the rest of the Spear Militia, should give us the edge. If you would like to send away Lorenz Zirn and the artillery, that would give us even more room.

I ask that you work closely with Duke Dieter to see that Breslau is Franconian again. Once that is done Polish incursions should slow down to a trickle, as it was before.

Cecil XIX
01-03-2008, 22:02
I must also add that it is necessary for Poland to be excommunicated if we are to wage war effectively. Let Prague be the bait that draws them into the fires of damnation.

AussieGiant
01-03-2008, 22:32
Arnold:

If that is what you wish I will think about moving Lorenz back down to Vienna and leave you with the best troops available.

I can't leave him there because the Poles may attack him which would force you to sally out and help.

Cecil XIX
01-04-2008, 00:03
Very well. I ask that Prague do everything it can to train as many spear militiamen as possible, preferably raising whole new regiments. Haveing never fought an army of this calibre, I want as troops as physically possible.

AussieGiant
01-05-2008, 19:54
Moving into the Austrian chambers the Chancellor is a picture of ill health. Pale and drawn his skin has a sheened with of sweat.

Never the less his energy and physique are as robust as ever. He quickly swallows a handful of pills before sitting down at the Ducal chair.

Gentlemen,

I need to be clear on something. While I've been occupied on other matters the situation in Austria is becoming stagnant.

Lord Becker there is simply not going to be any move on Breslau by the Franconian's for years. This means the Poles will be pouring out of there and attacking you with little respite. Unless I allocate an entire House Army to your defense you will endure siege after siege as your troop quality means there is little chance of meeting them in the field.

I am aware of the conditions of our reconciliation but it seems you will need some assistance in order to take the attack to them.

Do you have any thoughts on the matter?

Lorenz, Johann, von Essen and Hapsburg. There are going to be four of you around Vienna soon and one of you will have to go north to Prague in my view. With the plague arriving I would prefer at least two nobles in each of the operational theater's in case of sudden death.

Lorenz you are already in the north near Prague where would you prefer to be stationed?

Taking a moment to glance around the room the Duke pauses to take the measure of each man in the chamber.

Now...someone must come south to me. As I'm already infected it will be a risk...and honestly if you all want to steer clear I am happy to conduct operations against the Venetian's by myself. Think on it men and let me know.

Next season we must lift the siege of Vienna and try and make some headway around Prague and against the Poles in Breslau.

Keep in mind gentlemen Ragusa is too far away to easily receive reinforcements so you must make good use of the forces you have.

Standing slowly signaling the end of his time speaking to his House nobles the Duke is immediately hounded by administrators from the Chancellors Office, he makes his way out of the chamber switching between rage and calmness as the various topics are discussed and debated from around the Reich and Outremer

Northnovas
01-06-2008, 04:49
Johann Zirn:

Plague or Venetians I am coming to Ragusa!

AussieGiant
01-06-2008, 11:45
Arnold:

Are you sure Johann...you are the heir to the Duchy?

RoadKill
01-06-2008, 18:17
Lorenz Zirn:

Duke! I will come to Ragusa. Johanna you must not go. You are a heir, if something unfortunate is to happen, this Duchy will fall to peices. I am a mere general, I have no wife no kids, I have nothing on the line. If I were to die, it would not be as valuable as your life. Please Johnna go to Prague as I will go to Ragusa.

Cecil XIX
01-07-2008, 01:08
My Duke, I believe the Polish seige presents us with the opportunity we need. With reenforcements I can easly withstand the Polish siege and use the destruction of two Polishs armies to give me the momentum to take Breslau. Hopefully by that time the Franconians will be able to take over against the Poles.

Northnovas
01-07-2008, 13:36
Johann Zirn:

Lorenz thank you for your concern but the sickness is everywhere. I just reviewed the map and our centre is exposed. I feel Zagreb is threatened by the large Hungarian coming from the east and I have no army. I will have to go Zagreb.

If you are not required in Prague to assist come south with your cannon. I would love to have it and you can assist me or continue to Ragusa.

The siege in Vienna must be lifted can the commanders there do that? We need the city and it must be freed before we do anything else.

I will remain in the Zagreb Region to prepare for the upcoming attack. We must get some cordination.

AussieGiant
01-07-2008, 14:20
The Chancellor:

My Lords.

Orders as follows:

Lord Becker your situation is clear. Hold against the Poles and strike back when you can against Breslau.

Lorenz: make all haste to Zagreb with your forces to assist Johann with the defence of Zagreb which will come under attack in the next few seasons.

von Hapsburg and von Essen: Break the siege of Vienna and then we shall discuss further.

I will break the siege of Ragusa and then defend here as usual.

Of course I will endeavour to supply you with the troops necessary to fulfil your tasks.

Cecil XIX
01-07-2008, 14:35
Currently Austria faces assualt from two kingdoms and a republic, with three armes for each. I do not believe we should be transfering men from on to the other. However, I could part with the serpentine as that has little value in defending a siege, and I could recruit a bombard battery from Prague which would be more useful in assaulting Breslau.

Regardless, I need all the men I can get to defend Prague. That Polish army is unlike anything I have fought before.

AussieGiant
01-07-2008, 14:43
You're asking for Lorenz to stay near Prague?

It is certainly better than wasting his time and regiments on a protracted march south.

I agree with your thoughts Lord Becker.

Once von Hapsburg or von Essen have relieved the siege of Vienna then part of their force can head south to assist Johann Zirn.

Lorenz you blood covered rogue. Stay up their and once you have pounded the Poles around Prague assist Becker in taking the fight to them.

Cecil XIX
01-07-2008, 15:30
Indeed, there is a small Polish army north by north-west of Prague; just on the border. Count Lorenz could easily dispatch of it, or perhaps even send it fleeing without battle.

Cecil XIX
01-08-2008, 05:17
My Duke, after some thought I ask that you spend as much money as possible to reconstitute Duke Dieter's army. With your permission I would like to coordinate with him concerning a joint march on Breslau.

AussieGiant
01-08-2008, 11:15
The Chancellor

Giving priority to the 1st FHA is one of my main aims now that the siege has been lifted around Magdeburg.

Attacking in concert would be the best course of action to be sure. I will mention this to the Duke in my notes to him.

RoadKill
01-08-2008, 23:05
OOC: Wait who do I send my orders to?

Cecil XIX
01-09-2008, 00:29
Just post them in the Orders thread.

AussieGiant
01-09-2008, 09:59
The Chancellor

von Hapsburg!!

If you don't relieve the siege of Vienna this season I will order Johann Zirn to head north relieve you of command, lift the siege of Vienna and then more than likely head back down south to retake Zagreb because it will have fallen by the time he has to do that!!!!

Get your goddamn troops into gear MAN!!

deguerra
01-09-2008, 10:38
Ludwig is passing by the Austrian chambers as he hears the Duke's anger and thinks to himself:

"A von Hapsburg getting yelled at by an Austrian. What will the world throw at us next."

:clown:

Northnovas
01-12-2008, 23:58
Johann Zirn:

This is a dark day for the Austrian House and Zirn family. It is my understand that he was a distant relative. His loss will be felt and his ruthlessness on the battlefield. It is heartening to know that he died in battle has a noble knight and not from the wretched Black Death that is affecting our nation.
Rest in Peace my noble knight.

AussieGiant
01-13-2008, 00:16
Chancellor Arnold:

This is a grim day for Austria and it will be hard felt by all.

He was a lion both in the chamber and on the battle field.

Northnovas
01-13-2008, 19:43
Johann Zirn:

This is truly a dark time in the Austrian House. Another young noble has fallen in battle, Dieter von Essen died in lifting the Siege of Vienna against the Hungarians. He fought bravely till the end routing the enemy regiment and hold the flank till the reinforcements arrived.

I have made my sister a young widow and I hope that she will forgive me.

My Duke, if you could make the announcement in the Diet I am too heavy with grief.

Cecil XIX
01-14-2008, 22:49
My Duke,

I wish to hold at Prague. Breslau is the gateway to the Reich, and we are their only enemy. Taking it demands the coordination of Franconia and Austria, as almost every soldier the Poles have are near either Magdeburg, Breslau, or Krakow.

I realise money is tight, but any spent to retrain my soldiers would be appreciated. At the very least Prague will not be besieged in the next two years.

I do not know the exact workings of this Plague, but if it helps than please have my army encamp just east of the city. I myself must remain in Prague to ease the suffering of the people.

Northnovas
01-21-2008, 16:28
Johann Zirn:

The Austrian House morns the loss of Count Karolinger. His contribution to the defense of Vienna against the Hungarians will never be forgotten. He was a true hero to this House and personal friend of the Zirn family. Rest in Peace.

Northnovas
01-30-2008, 14:25
Johann Zirn:

I see that Vienna is disease free and ready to recruit we have three able commanders. Recruitment is the concern right know. Budapest looks right for an attack but has several experiences armies east of the region and the city will be besieged quickly if captured.

Zagreb is under siege and there are two large forces in the area with Ragusa being in jeopardy of an attack. There may not be time to finish the Venetians.

The question who is available and what area of responsibility do they wish to command? It would be nice to attack Budapest and relieve Zagreb but I do not think we can recruit enough men for both.

I feel Zagreb should be relieved and remove the enemy from our interior.

Other Commanders comments or suggestions?

AussieGiant
01-31-2008, 08:58
The Chancellor:

Count Zirn

I'm of the same opinion as you. We must hold outside Vienna while we deal with our interior.

I'll head back north, pick up troops at Ragusa and block the Hungarian's coming south. Then I'll continue up to relieve Zagreb.

I'm going to erinforce you with canon and high grade militia/pike (which is a great combination actually) to hold Vienna. I'd like you to do that in the field if possible and screen any approach by the Hungarian's on Vienna and Zagreb.

Hapsburg and your brother will be placed in Vienna until they are able to re-take the field as commanders.

You have the 1st AHA at your disposal, while Lord Becker has the 2nd AHA.

Cecil XIX
01-31-2008, 23:42
My Duke, with your approval I would like to strike out against the armies approaching Prague. I plan to take advantage of their close proximity by assaulting the closest one, bleeding it as much as I can, and then retreating back to Prague. If you could send a spy to check up on the composition of the three armies, that would help me plan my attack before I get there.

Also, in regards to recruitment, I must have three full regiments of Spear Militia recruited in Prague if I am to hold the city. Any other reinforcements, perhaps from troops in Vienna or Mercenaries near Magdeburg, would be very much appreciated. It seems the Poles have thrown everything they have at myself and Duke Dieter, which means that if we were to break both sieges simultaneously we could advance on Breslau together and finally regain Silesia.

AussieGiant
02-01-2008, 09:22
The Chancellor

Lord Becker, if you are going to go on the offensive then I will ensure you have forces to do that. I will start to ship canon and better units up from Vienna. It will take some time as Johann is also requesting troops.

Please let me know what the fastest way would be to build facilities in Prague for canon manufacturing.

I would not count on any significant support from Franconia in the near future.

AussieGiant
02-05-2008, 21:35
Duke Arnold

My time as Chancellor has ended gentlemen. While it is tempting to run again due to the dearth of leadership options I shall see what transpires before taking any action.

However we do need legislation. I have spoken to Duke Lothar in the halls and we are of the same mind that another edict like 14.3 must be tabled to ensure unnecessary legislation curbing our growth.

Other than that I have few ideas on what is required.

Your thoughts?

Cecil XIX
02-06-2008, 06:15
Bah! My Duke, when did we get so old? It seems like just yesterday that I was a young man, barely able to survive on the field of battle. To think that so little has changed!

Still, the situation in Bohemia has improved. The Poles have foolishly besieged me with only one of their armies, of which well over half is artillery and crossbowmen. Upon my return I intend to sally, and strike them down. Though it goes against my better judgement, I may need to ensure that none of those artilleryman survive.

AussieGiant
02-06-2008, 09:11
Arnold

Indeed Lord Becker, time seems to have flown by.

I've decided to stand again and at least provide some competition against Lord Fritz. I simply do not like the idea of one candidate running unapposed.

Unfortunately Lord Becker, the Franconian situation in Magdeburg means yuo will have to drive on the Poles alone if you hope to free yourself of the constant sieging.

Blocking their approach through the hills to your north east and placing a fort in the forest to you immediate north could give you a choke point.

All the best, but I know you don't need that after so many years in the field.

Duke Arnold

AussieGiant
02-13-2008, 09:55
Lord Becker,

Congratulations on your victory in the north. I hope the stalemate can be broken by your command skills.

Johann,

You will need to do better next time nephew. You are the pivot that joins Becker in the north and myself in the south. You must hold the line. You and your brother have great responsibility and it is under this pressure that you must perform in order to take over the Duchy at some time.

Duke Arnold

AussieGiant
02-26-2008, 08:38
Arnold:

The City of Vienna is mourning the loss of my nephew...I still can not fathom how we have survived the loss of so many nobles in this Duchy.

Johann was cut from the same cloth as his father and was destined for many great responsibilities...those responsibilities will now have to be passed onto his brothers. I will seek both men out to give my heart felt condolences and reorganise the Duchy's defence.

It seems as if the only person that hasn't died is me, therefore I will head north and then east. The Hungarian's will be driven from this land and I will be the one to complete this task.

Lord Becker has the northern command and I will determine who will head south to Ragusa and defend against the Venetians and Byzantines.

Duke Arnold

AussieGiant
02-26-2008, 15:49
Arnold:

Given the distinct lack of volunteers from Austria, I will have to let the Chancellor know very soon who will head south to Ragusa.

If no one steps forward soon I am leaning towards sending Hapsburg and the soon to mature Max Zirn south, while Jan Zirn comes with me to the east?

Any thoughts gentlemen?

Lord Becker I would have your opinion on the matter also. You are hard pressed in the North. Do you require an additional noble to bolster your force and better manage the prospect of having both Prague and Breslau to govern?

Duke Arnold

Cecil XIX
02-27-2008, 00:19
My Duke, Prince Dieter is already in Franconia. Let us contact the Franconians and see if they will take command of the north. Amazingly, my review of the previous Chancellor's Reports indicates that before the Cataclysm, the last army to attack Prague was Duke Leopold's when he seized the city for the Reich. It is my sincere hope that once the Prince and the Duke assume control and begin marching against the Russians and the Poles that trend will be restored, which would mean the close of Austria's third theater of operations.

AussieGiant
02-27-2008, 08:59
Arnold:

If you are satisfied that the Franconian nobles are going to be enough assistance then I will redeploy under my previous plan.

Good luck and may God be with you!!

Northnovas
02-29-2008, 05:26
Maximilian Zirn:

My Duke, I am ready to serve the Austrian House and the Reich. I pledge my allegiance in the honour and loyalty of the Zirn Family.

AussieGiant
02-29-2008, 09:37
Duke Arnold

The Zirn family has served House Austria with honour and distinction for generations. Do your duty Maximilian and you will be knighted and then sent out to command one of the House Armies.

I will look at the regional situation and take the first opportunity to test your command skills in preparation for Knighthood. Only then will you be able to lead the Reich's armies.

AussieGiant
03-02-2008, 15:50
Arnold:

Gentlemen,

I've destroyed the Hungarian noble who seemed to have been co-ordinating the other Captain's under his command.

Max and Jan, I want you to clear the area around Vienna as fast as you can and then Max needs to head south and link up with Hapsburg.

I've spoken to the Chancellor and I intend to assault Budapest immediately. This will hopefully draw the Hungarian army commanders to me and away from Vienna.

Lord Becker,

The news of a Teuton Chapter House in Prague is makes me feel far more comfortable about your situation in the north against the Poles. At least now you will have superiority in cavalry.

I intend to see how these new Serpentine's work on the battle field.

Duke Arnold

AussieGiant
03-09-2008, 19:18
Arnold:

I have two words for our situation my lords.

"£$% shiet."

I'll get back to you when I've finished smashing all the furniture in this chamber!!

£$^£%£$%

Northnovas
03-13-2008, 02:58
Duke Arnold Austrian House

Dear Uncle,

I am alarmed at the state of the Reich and the division that has taken place. I am also surprised of your role with the Order that has been revealed. I am very disappointed at what has developed and sides being chosen. I wonder what my father would have thought if he were alive today? I see that Jan has made a stance already.
Unfortunately I can’t make that commitment. I am concerned for the welfare of Austria and concerned that Hapsburg has taken a prominent position granted by the Kaiser. My concern is for Austria and what will happen to her after this ordeal has ended. However, I will not sit on the fence and wait for a winner like some nobles. I will choose and I will go with the side that honours the laws this Reich and House were build on. I know my father would have wanted me to fight for the just cause and I will have to fight for Imperial Forces.
You have my brother we are a house divided. I shall contact the Kaiser and let him know my intentions and possible see that he grants the right and proper noble to rule the Austrian House.

Respectfully,

Maximillian Zirn

AussieGiant
03-13-2008, 09:40
Maximillian,

I thought this might happen...you where never as close to me as Johann was and to invoke your fathers name to me is poor form young man. I believe the opposite would be true if he were alive today.

I ask you one more time, join us!! Do not fall under the sway of those nobles that only seek power and domination over their subjects.

As for that idiot Hapsburg, then I can only say that IF we are defeated I would prefer the bastard Hapsburg never set foot in this Duchy again. You are certainly more deserving that him and I can only hope your Tyrant leader can see that.

Know this...I can't keep you safe on the final battlefield my nephew. You have chosen sides and the nobles of the Order and the Republic are not to be trifled with. We WILL die for this cause and I will not ask them to pull short their blows for the sake of family.

Duke Arnold
Illuminati Grand Master

Zim
03-13-2008, 09:48
Brother,

This news distresses me. I would urge you to take note that the Kaisers themselves have been the ones breaking the laws and traditions this Empire stands for. Even now the Kaiser attempts to depose our Duke without going through proper procedures, and install his puppet Hapsburg instead. This is just one in a long line of abuses of power by this and previous Kaisers. I would hate to see Hapsburg become Duke if the Order loses as much as you would, but we cannot pick sides on the assumption that the right side will fail.

Jan tried to continue but his voice cracks. After a few short moments he starts again.

Somehow I know you have considered any issue I could bring up, so I won't spend any more time trying to convince you that I am right. I only hope that we are not forced to face eachother in battle.

Jan Zirn, Count of Zagreb

Ignoramus
03-13-2008, 10:51
A messenger clothed in Hapsburg livery delivers a message to the Austrian court.

Austrians, will you follow a man who has been engaged in clandistine and secret dealings, working as a separate group within the Reich. While I agree that Kaiser Peter and the Kastiliens are not squeaky clean either, at least they are subject to the Reich's constitution. The Illuminati desire to decentralise the Reich and so become each one their own version of a Hummel.

Fight for Gott, fight for the Kaiser!

Maximillian von Hapsburg, Duke of Austria.

AussieGiant
03-13-2008, 13:15
Arnold takes a look at the departing figure of the Hapsburg messenger.

My good man, a quick word before you depart.

Tell your master never to send you again or present himself here personally.

If you do, or he does, I will end your collective existance on this earth.

Keep in mind that I confidently speak for ALL the Zirn's and quite possible Lord Becker also.

You are reviled by all at this stage of proceedings in this House.