Vienna - Imperial Large City, Capital of Austria
Prague - Imperial City
Zagreb - Imperial City
Venice - Imperial Large City
Budapest - Imperial Large City
Ragusa - Imperial Fortress
Bran - Imperial Fortress

Austrian Nobles

Arnold - AussieGiant, Duke of Austria, Count of Budapest, Count of Venice, Count of Ragusa, Count of Bran
Karl Zirn - Northnovas, Count of Zagreb
Edmund Becker - Cecil XIX, Count of Prague

Dukes of Austria:
Leopold (1080 - 1228)
Arnold (1228 - )

Counts of Vienna:
Leopold ( 1080 – 1228)
Sigismund von Mahren (1240 - 1274)
Arnold (1274 - )

Counts of Prague:
Leopold (1120 - 1166)
4th Elector (1166 - 1212)
Jonas von Mahren ( 1212 - 1220)
Ehrhart von Mahren (1220 - 1226)
Edmund Becker (1228 - )

Counts of Zagreb:
Leopold (1154 – 1166)
3rd Elector (1166 – 1220)
Karl Zirn (1220 - )

Counts of Venice:
2nd Austrian Elector (1166 - 1220)
Arnold (1220 – )

Counts of Budapest:
Leopold (1174 - 1228)
Arnold (1228 – )

Counts of Ragusa:
Leopold (1184 - 1228)
Arnold (1228 - )

Counts of Bran
Arnold (1274 - )

Deceased Nobles:
Erhart von Mahren, 1226 - gibsonsg9212
Leopold, 1228 - Ituralde
Sigismund von Mahren, 1274, Cecil XIX

Inactive:
Bizzair, Verdizzy, ArchdukeEvan

Order of avatar assignment:
Whoever dies first!

Ituralde
03-04-2007, 10:32
Vienna 1138

Austrian Nobles, fellow Electors!

We meet today in the venerable capital of our Duchy to discuss matters of House and Reich alike. As you are all aware I have chosen to leave the Diet to its bickering. Clearly my recent arguments have fallen on deaf ears and it seems to me that my father, our beloved Emperor has made it his goal to alienate every Duke serving under him. I will not enter the Diet floor or partake in any votings until those differences are settled once and for all!

The Empire seems to have left us in our most dire hour. Vienna has been besieged two times now in the recent years and even as we speak another Venetian army is gathering to destroy us! It is time that we take things in our hands and show the Reich that we are true servants of the Reich and well capable of not only defending ourselves, but purging the Venetian threat once and for all!

I have already sent word to the Chancellor that he equip me with the money necessary to muster a force of mercenaries strong enough to attack the Venetians, not cowering behind our walls, but attack them on the field of battle where true glory lays! Already the guilds are in uproar over the recent sieges and the ensuing downfall of trade. You all know that trade and money have been the life blood of this city for a long time and I can understand their desires. However I can not understand that they have mustered an armed force that is currently occupying the Danube crossing into Bohemia! I believe in going on the offensive against the Venetians and crushing every army they send against us in the field we can prevent further sieges and hopefully the guilds will see reason and abandon their foolish plans.

The other problem I see is with the Polish thread to the North. So far they seem content with ravaging the Franconian lands, but Prague lies well within their grasp. Negotiations with the House of Franconia to coordinate our war efforts against Poland are already on the way. Still a large scale attack on Prague may well spell disaster for my plans to the south.

Well, here we stand now at the brink of destruction. What say you my dear Electors? What are your plans for the future of Austria and of the Reich?

Leopold looks expectantly at his Electors, before settling down.

AussieGiant
03-04-2007, 13:20
My Lord Duke Leopold!!

I whole heartedly support your strategy and will endeavor to make ours House heard in your absence.

We must be given the autonomy to defend ourselves and take the fight to our regional enemies independently of any other Imperial actions.

Northnovas
03-04-2007, 14:44
Yes, My Lord I also support your strategy and echo my fellow Elector that I will have our House heard in your absence.
Now that we are all together it is time to implement the details of your plan to defend Austria.

The 6th Elector bows to his Duke and temporarily excuses himself for Sunday morning prayers...

Bizzair
03-04-2007, 15:50
I also second this, we need to defend Austria's land!

Lets get too! :smash:

ArchdukeEvan
03-04-2007, 22:14
Lordship!

this is a good plan... and i do so support it

but do you suppose it would be possible to attack Zagreb... or to move north to Krawkow (ooc... polish capital... idk sp) ?

more than just the glory of the Feild battle... the horrors of a seige are the most profitable i belive...

Ituralde
03-04-2007, 23:18
A courtier enters the chambers where the meeting is held and walks up to Duke Leopold offering him a sealed letter. Swiftly Leopold brakes the seal, bearing the crest of the House of Franconia, and scans the page in front of him. A thin smile creeps on his face and he stands to face the Electors once again.

It is good to hear that you support my plans, now I only need the Chancellor to follow my suggestions and soon I will be on my way to the Venetian heartland. I agree that either Venice or Zagreb should be besieged eventually. With Venice excommunicated the time is ripe to act against them.

It is good that you mention the Poles to the north. I can announce that my plans for our Bohemian border have been successful. Dietrich von Saxony Duke of Franconia has agreed to send the noble Knight Jonas von Mahren to defend Prague against any Polish incursions. In return I will grant him powers over the city and its garrison.
While I agree with you that the Poles should be punished eventually, we have to be careful with our advances against them. Our standing with the Pope could hardly be worse and it looks as though there's only a shred seperating us from Gregory's wrath and excommunication. Strangely enough he holds the Polish oathbreakers in much more favour. You know I have been and always will be opposed to excommunication. As long as this thread looms over us we should be cautious in our advances against Poland. I believe the capturing of Magdeburg to the north should take precedence and will anger the Pope enough. With our northern border secured we can instead focus on Venice now, which now longer enjoys Papal protection.

It is of utmost importance that one or better all of you deliver these concerns in front of the Diet. I have deliberately left some of you in the Diet so that I will have some influence on the happenings while I'm away. I'm sure I can entrust you gentlemen to represent my oppinions and those of the House of Austria adequatly.

He casts a concerned look at the Electors, as though doubting their ability, before giving an encouraging smile.

Northnovas
03-05-2007, 00:14
The 6th Elector having returned from personal matters is elated by the Duke's news and rises to speak.

My Lord this is most excellent news and I am glad to see that my Lordship as remained on top of matters in his absence.

The assistance from the House of Franconia with the leadership of Knight Jonas von Mahren is most welcoming. The concern for our northern boarder and the Poles can rest for the time being.
We can now concentrate our efforts towards those swine Venetians. I will do my upmost to represent you in the Diet.
However, my Lord I must say that our work against the Venetians must be a most meticulous calculation and that we do not leave ourselves exposed in Vienna.

The members sits smiling to the other members......

ArchdukeEvan
03-05-2007, 01:14
i will try my best to represent your feelings in the diet lordship... even though they go some-what in a differant direction than mine...

Austrian Army... feild battle... venice... zagreb... prague and franconians... yes i belive i have it... thank you lord...

sits and starts writing notes

Ituralde
03-05-2007, 11:48
Leopold faces the Fifth Elector of Austria:

What are you mumbling about man? You have a different view? Well let's hear it then! What good is a ruler that doesn't listen to his advisors or an advisor that doesn't speak truthfully with his liege. So speak up man, voice your concerns so that we may look at their validity

Northnovas
03-05-2007, 18:11
The 6th Elector stands after receiving a message from the page....

My Lord this maybe the best time for a recess as the 5th Elector composes himself. It is my understanding that the troops are heading out to deal that rebel scum outside the city and your men are waiting for you.
I wait with anticipation to here of your victory hear in the house. We also may need to have a consultation on who we may wish to elect as the next Chancellor. From the last meeting in the Diet there could several candidates for the position.
Good luck and Godspeed my Lord.

The 6th Elector sits .....

ArchdukeEvan
03-06-2007, 02:16
firstly though i wish you the best of luck if you do so travel to defeat the rebal scum outside of Venice

and... uh... yes I do somewhat have differant ideas

stands

I belive that Venice... shouldnt be the Reichs main concern... in fact I velive that a strong defensive stance there will be enough to hold them while we deal with the weaker threat to the north...

once you said that the rich halls of Italy are vastly supperior to the Icy halls of Poland... but these Icy halls are a nusance that is causing us to fight a two front war... they are a drain on our recources that is easyier to kill than well equiped italian Militias...

are troops are on a more equal footing with Poland...and the gain of Eastern Lands will allow us to pool more money... to train Knights... to annihilate the Venician Militias...

we can continue to try to fight better armys... and will eventualy win at a huge cost of lifes and money... but Poland can easly be defeated by a well balanced army with archers... cheaper than armored troops... archers to shoot the horses of Polish Nobelmen... take Magdeburg... in the middle of Germany itself... take Krawkow... take Thorn... push them ever eastward... the Francionians have proved that we can take them on with small... spear-based armys... why not throw in some more Sergent Spears... some Peasentry that shoot Bows... a few Armored knights... and there you have an army... ineffective versus Italians because of Italian Militas... can run rampant over weak polish infantry...

that is my veiw... but as I said... everyone seems focused on the Riches of Italy and not on the potential of Poland to hit us unprotected...

sits... and seems a-little nervous

Northnovas
03-06-2007, 03:52
The 6th elector receives a message from a page and smiles...

I have some preliminary good news. Our Duke was victorious on this day annihilating the traders on the Danube. I also hear the Bologna was retaken by Prince Henry with no siege engines! There has also been victories over the Venetians in the Alps. This is definitely good news.
To address the 5th Electors concerns I think the help from the House Franconia to police Prague will alleviate our northern border concerns regarding the Poles. When the Duke returns we continue some training of our men and prepare for the Venetians. They surely must be hurting with our latest victories and their current standing with Rome we must utilize to our advantage.

Member sits and pledges a drink for all his friends tonight...

ArchdukeEvan
03-06-2007, 04:01
obviously you wernt paying attention
anyway... that is exactly what i am talking about...
dissmissing the Poles as a minor threat... do we know how far into Russia they own?... they may own Kiev... and Vilanis... Riga if they fight the Russians themselfs... now they own at least as many citys as Veince and are a weaker power... why should we strike at the Lions... if the Misquitoes will kill us?...

I am sorry i dont share your love for Italian wealth... but i do share your idea for a good drink...

orders some small beer to be brought forward for him to drink

Northnovas
03-06-2007, 05:02
Raises his glass to the member and sips from his frothy mug of ale..

I have no desire for Italian wealth when we can generate Austrian wealth here in Vienna. You make a very good point about the east. What is Russia up to? and what about our neighbour Hungary? I understand they have a large crusading army that is returning home.
The Poles will be dealt with but we must remember the Duke's feeling on excommunication with his Holiness. The Venetians are fair game at the moment. Reviewing the latest intelligence report kotr1938-2 the Poles have a higher standing with the Pope. A few more skirmishes with the Poles could lead to some warning from his Holiness. Once we start with the Poles we do not want to stop because of a threat of excommunication. The Venetians are looking vulnerable and we have the chance to ease the pressure on Vienna from Venetian sieges. We will see what the Duke's thought are on his return.

Sits and finishes his ale ......

ArchdukeEvan
03-06-2007, 12:30
Aye the pope...

the bane of our existance... isnt Greogory old as of yet?... he may just die sone anyway...

Ituralde
03-06-2007, 12:51
Duke Leopold, who had not returned after his battle against von Holstein, was now entering the Council Chambers again bearing a smug grin on his face.

Gentlemen!

I am joyful to announce that my campaign against the Venetians in our lands was successful! I just defeated the Venetian Heir Councillor Bartolomeo in battle. His troops have fled the field and those we were able to capture have been put to the sword. This shall serve as another example that every Venetian oath-breaker daring to cross into our realm has nullified his existence and will meet his end at the hands of an Austrian sword!!

Leopold too raises a mug, passed to him by a servant, in triumph

I was informed what has transpired here since I left and our 5th Elector raises some important points. However I believe most of your concerns have also been adressed by the 6th Elector.

I agree that a two-front war does not suit us well, that's why I have taken action to improve our cooperation with the House of Franconia that will help us defend against the Polish. This cooperation is not limited to defense however and while any action against the Polish will be commanded by a Franconian, they will be fought by brave Austrians!

It is important however that we delegate this theater of war, as we do not have enough able generals that could command our armies in the field. If I were to go north on an extended campaign against Poland, Vienna would be undefended in the meantime. You have seen how easy it is for the Venetians to attack us here in our very heart. We have to deal with this thread first, before we can cast our eyes elsewhere. An offensive campaign against Venice is imperative to give us a buffer against their attacks.

I hope these reasons make my decisions clear to you. Although we disagree on the importance of Italian against Polish lands, these are strategic considerations that you can not deny.

OOC:
Just like to throw this in just in case it hasn't become clear through my IC text. Any battle without an avatar as general will be autocalced. Vienna would fall quickly to a sizeable enemy force if we have to autocalc it so it is important that Leopold remains close to Vienna.

AussieGiant
03-06-2007, 15:55
Gentlemen,

A toast to our Duke Leopold for another Heroic Victory as befitting the Reich's greatest General!!

And we must remain mindful of our situation. With only one general we must protect our greatest asset which is Vienna.

However, we must all support our Dukes attack on Venice as it is they that have directly attacked our Ducal capital.

Northnovas
03-06-2007, 19:24
Here,Here!!

A Heroic Victory from the greatest General in Reich! We must press for Imperial Florins to reequip our troops and muster so more men to the roll to finish off the Venetians.

ArchdukeEvan
03-07-2007, 00:12
Congragulations!

drinks the toast

now as to what i said... i ment not in an Austrian way... we have very few capible commanders beyond yourself... and so obviously House Austria can not single handedly take on Poland... i ment in the more general sence of the whole of the Reich to field armys agianst them...

but still... one land is as good as the other i guess... and the Poles will be whipped sone enough...

but as i said before... i will support your campiagns to the fullest... im not an revolutionary or anything...

but now... i here that the time for a new Chanceller is comeing... who are we to support if more than one runs?... will you lordship... run for the office?

OCC...I really dot care this much... but I exagerate because i think that Poland is being slightly ignored... anyway i have an extreem Medivial 2 disslike of the Poles... always defeating my hopes of a huge Russian nation... :wall: ... nothing agianst real Poles in anyway

Bizzair
03-07-2007, 00:55
Here, Here,

Forget about war tonight, lets get a beer and some fine women! ~:cheers:

Ituralde
03-07-2007, 10:18
My fellow Electors, I think it is time that you return from Vienna to attend the nex Diet session in our capital of Frankfurt. Important decisions are to be made and I have passed along a letter to each of you, outlining the agenda of the House of Austria for the next Diet session.

I am sure that you will agree with me that it is important that we work together to achieve the listed goals for the future glory and strength of the House of Austria.

He raises his goblet and proposes a toast!

OOC:
No need to apologize ArchdukeEvan. With Duke Leopold intent on Italy I think it's quite important to have people with other priorities in the House of Austria, so I really like your agenda. It's always a good thing to give one's character a goal he wants to obtain and push for it in the Diet and within the House.
It would be quite boring if everyone of you would always agree with me, so just follow your agenda ahead. Austria needs to expand its view over the Italian peninsular sooner or later.

Northnovas
03-07-2007, 14:03
My Duke, I have received your message and am prepared for the trip to Frankfurt. We must get our voice in the Diet and finish this Venetian business.

Leaves to join the convoy for Frankfurt.

Jalf
03-08-2007, 00:42
The guards enter, followed by a Franconian messenger
My lords, I bring a message from Knight von Mahren. He is making the last of his preparations now, and attending to matters in the Diet, and will leave for Austria and Prague very soon. He would like to ensure you that your city will be in capable hands, and he looks forward to working with your people to repel the Poles and bring prosperity to the lands of the Reich that lie outside of Italy.

ArchdukeEvan
03-08-2007, 02:39
OOC... no apologys needed... lol... im always the person thats a little odd... :laugh4:

Northnovas
03-14-2007, 04:03
The Electors reviewing maps and intellegnce reports at a secret location....

Austrian War Council

My Duke, I see the reinforcements are on there way to Vienna. I have reviewed the map and the Venetians are looking to be hard pressed around Zagreb. Is there a time table for our offence against them?

Ituralde
03-14-2007, 10:27
Frankfurt, 1140

Duke Leopold had been pacing across the chamber floor set aside for the Austrian nobles in the Imperial Diet. A goblet of wine in one hand he was waiting for the last of the Austrian Electors to arrive and the scribes to scurry in. A short glance seems to show him that all he wished to be present have appeared. Abruptly he stands gesturing with the arm holding the goblet, not caring about the wine sloshing over is wrist. He looks infuriated.

What were you thinking, gentlemen, what in the world were you thinking back there?!? Don't you think it has been humiliating enough for me to growel in front of Emperor Heinrich like some lowly petitioner for his attention. To show weakness in front of the assembled Dukes, Counts and Electors?
I have promised him, promised him to have the House of Austria back his Chancellorship, and what do I get from you? What do I get from you after drafting an agenda for you to follow and several reminders that the upcoming elections will be important? ONE! One single vote came from the House of Austria besides mine! His fury suddenly subsiding he smiles friendly... For which you should be commemorated dear Sixth Elector ...before continuing in an angered voice. Our dear Second Elector even had the gist to vote for Mandorf! No wonder that he has left for an extended vacation on his Estates in Austria! How he can dare to do such a thing!

Leopold continues his pacing, breathing heavily after the outburst. Finally he slams the goblet down on a nearby table and casts a concerned look over the assembled Electors.

Now, I believe some of you, like the 5th Elector had valid reasons for not participating and our 3rd Elector has taken this inopportune moment to resign from my service for an indefinite amount of time. Has anyone of you heard from the 4th Elector lately? Well, neither have I. The state of our House is a mess if you ask me. Not only is our capital besieged more times than I can think of, but our political power is also waning.

Well, it is time to consolidate our holdings, economically and politically. We have not supported Mandorf openly, but I believe he will be competent enough to lead the Reich in the future. The promises he made for swift military aid sound promising. I have pledged for the Kaiser in the recent Diet for reasons, that I don't care to elaborate here, but I can assure you that I had the best of Austria in mind, but that does not mean that we can't cope with another reality. We should support the current Chancellor in his endeavours and hopefully we will soon be able to seize the Venetian cities to the south.

Once again, I'd like to bring the Sixth Electors efforts in furthering our agenda to the fore and with other Electors leaving you will be rewarded by promotion to 3rd Elector!
Once new lands are assigned to our control the title of Count may even be considered. Let that be a reminder to all of you that obedience and discipline can have their advantages.

To the matter at hand, as the Six.. 3rd Elector has pointed out rightfully we should leave for Zagreb as soon as possible, but the situation in Vienna will not allow a swift departure. Mandorf will be sending troops from Innsbruck and Staufen to aid us. I will join with the troops from Staufen most likely. Once the situation in Vienna is secured I will advance on Zagreb and crush any Venetian resistance!

Northnovas
03-14-2007, 13:21
The newly Third Elector slowly rises with a look of astonishment..

My Lord, I am truly humbled by your words and recognition. My allegiance and duty has always been to your father, Austria and the Reich. I thank you and I will not disappoint my Duke or his House.

The Elector bows deeply towards the Duke and sits...

ArchdukeEvan
03-14-2007, 21:24
stands... and falls imediatly back down indignatly... stands agian

My... L... My Lord!...

Trys to compose himself

My Lord... I must say this is unexpectated... since I have more experiance... and then I have been by-passed for promotion...

stands there... thinks over the past

which I guess I can except... with my many absances and rather Anti-Polish agenda... it isnt unexpected really...

Looks very sad

as for Zagreb... this seems viable to me... but if we use the Ducel Army do we conqueor in the name of Austria?... or in the name of the Reich?... it seems if our army takes the town it should be gathered into our possetion imeadatly... please correct me if im wrong...

sits and orders a strong beer

Northnovas
03-17-2007, 00:15
The members of the House sit down and try to comprehend the most recent and astonishing events..

My Duke, are we still looking at Zagreb?? The actions of your father has put the Reich in a spin. I am concerned about public order and our neighbour Hungary. They are in good standing with His Holiness and I cannot read what action they may take.
Would a defensive action of our forces be the most prudent at this time? I am afraid there are some dark days ahead.

AussieGiant
03-17-2007, 09:52
Apologies my lord Duke,

I have been away and in fact I must again leave immediately to my estates in the east. I did believe Mandorf was the best man for the job and you did in fact instruct me to vitr as I saw fit.

I want to make clear my allegience to you, and ensure that I will complete my personal issues as soon as possible and rejoin you in the Diet immeditately upon there completion.

Ituralde
03-17-2007, 11:36
Leopold glances briefly at the Second Elector:

I'll speak with you in due time.

Then he turns to the 3rd Elector

The future looks grim and much depens on the outcome of the battle against Pope Gregory. Although it pains me to hear this, the only way we can get salvation is when Gregory dies and Heinrich succeeds.
While a defensive action in Vienna may be advisable I have no liking for it. We hav sat in Vienna long enough, it is time to strike out and I still believe that Zagreb should be our goal. If the Hungarians start acting up we can still divert our forces to the East. Zagreb or Budapest, either way the borders of our House will be expanded by the time of the next Diet!

Northnovas
03-17-2007, 16:11
Ponders on the Duke's comments and speaks

Excellent decision my Lord. The recent developments are a minor set back and we do have to rely on a decisive victory from the Kaiser for our security.
I suggest the best troops we have for the offensive on the Venetians and a respectable militia for Vienna. It would not hurt to keep our spy network between here and Budapest to watch for any Hungarian aggression.
Time is of the essence. I would fear a Venetian counter attack if they are able to rebuild such a force.
Victory to Duke Leopold and the Emperor!!

A glass is raised in the Duke's honour.

Ituralde
03-19-2007, 02:25
Dear Electors!

I have crushed the resistance in Zagreb and the city is now finally under full Imperial control. Although Heinrich has not officially decreed the settlement to be ours, the past has shown that lands conquered by Household armies go to the appropriate House. Already Chancellor Mandorf has contacted me about the plans for Zagreb. I don't need to remind you that we don't own a castle of yet. Zagreb is a small land-locked town whose profitabilty will be hard earned. He has suggested to turn the town into a castle. This would boost our defense in the south and finally provide an adequate recruitment center for our Household army. What is your oppinion on this matter?

Northnovas
03-19-2007, 03:44
My Lord, I had just recently viewed the area and noted we are lacking in a castle in the East. Your suggestion of a castle is a sound one for the Austrian House. Building a fortress in Zagreb will offer security and skilled units that will be quickly accessible for our needs.
Zagreb will not only offer security but a buffer as well till we clean up the area from the Venetians. It will also save us the time waiting for better trained units coming from the west.
I think this is a wise decision and I am in favour of my Lord's suggestion to convert the city of Zagreb in to a castle.

ArchdukeEvan
03-20-2007, 00:54
My lord... what size of Castle will your recent capture be converted to?... a Motte and Balley i assume?... it will be very uselful... congragulations...

as for the East... if we are optimistic... Hungary will attack and we will gain more riches than the rest of the houses!

OOC. sry for the delay... my network broke and i just got it fixed

Ituralde
03-20-2007, 12:03
Dear Electors!

With the Emergeny Session of the Diet running, you see that I have made my proposals. I have said what has to be said and will not waste any more words on petty squabbling between the Houses. If the Kaiser or Duke von Kassel can't see that they have done wrong in the past, then the Diet must show them their view and vote accordingly.

If you agree with me on Edict E1.4 then please second and support it in the discussions, otherwise it will not be put to the vote. Maybe one of you could make the necessary Changes to it and propose an Edict of its own calling for Florence to be given away? Either way we have to reconcile with the Papacy as soon as possible and prevent that any Elector leads us on a false Crusade without the authorization and the divine mandate needed for such a quest.

I have said my share and now rely on you to carry my agenda through this Emergency session.

ArchdukeEvan
03-24-2007, 02:08
stands and speaks through the small talk...

My Duke

i have heard wispers of the next chancellers to run... will you run for the office dear Lordship?...

sits after his question

AussieGiant
03-24-2007, 15:30
Excellent move Duke Leopold. We have been sorely in need of a castle to ensure our ability to defend against our eastern boarders.

To be enitrely direct my Lord, I believe it is time you did run for the office of Chancellor.

What say you my Duke?

Northnovas
03-24-2007, 20:09
Duke Leopold I think the Electors have made a good suggestion that you run for Chancellor. You are in support of the Crusade even though a sanction Crusade would have been to the liking of this House, meaning you would have the Crusaders concerns in mind while administrating them and also the responsibility of administrating the Reich.
I think you would make an excellent Chancellor.

Ituralde
03-25-2007, 13:22
I am honoured by your support and as you can see I have held my inaugural speech in front of the Diet. It will now be up to them to make the obvious decision, but I am confident that you shall not remain the only ones supporting me. Already Dietrich von Saxony has declared for me and I am sure that more will follow.

With the Diet open this brings up the next point of Ducal Edicts. Do you have any propositions then please voice them so that I can bring them up in front of the Diet. Currently I feel no need to use any of them as my Chancellorship should give me enough powers to facilitate my agenda.

Northnovas
03-25-2007, 13:34
Duke Leopold I am pleased with your decision to stand for Chancellor. You would be a wise choice for the Reich and The Crusaders.
I have been thinking the Edict issue the past couple days and cannot really think of any pressing issue other then reconciliation with the Church. This will happen through progression and no need for any Edict.
I have no Edict to propose but will consider to second any brought forward by my fellow Austrian Electors.

ArchdukeEvan
03-25-2007, 15:06
well, possibly this...

It is along the lines of... since the cursade is in effect, only 1 town can be taken from a nation that declares war on the Reich...

I have heard that if Hungry attacks, the Crusaders want to take Sofia, becasue it would open their path to the East...

this i feel is a mistake, because Budapest is much more prosperous... so... if this rumors i hear are true... then possibly an Edict to take Budapest would be in order...

elsewise... i know of nothing that we need to address

edit:OOC i think i will bring that up myself

Northnovas
03-25-2007, 20:04
In antechamber off from the Diet floor *Austrian War Council*

Duke Leopold again I just want to bring the current situation up to date before the Diet ends and you return to Venice. Please excuse me for my lengthy presentation. The intelligence from the Crusading Forces is correct about the Venetian build up. However, sources tell me that Zagreb is not their intended target but Venice to lift the siege.
I think it was a wise decision on your correspondence to the Crusades Council that there help is not required and they should leave post haste with the men they have in the army. I think they are causing some confusion to the Venetians because of the size and their objective is unknown to them.
We have two options. First, the attack on Venice should continue. If you decide to attack quickly and capture the city the Venetian force will not be able to help and it will give you time to stabilize the city reinforce and come east. It would be uncertain then if the Venetians would head south or attack Zagreb. A minor build up in the castle could help.
The second option would be to let the Venetians commit to Venice. It will cut you off from Austrian lines but there could be support coming troops in N. Italy. Once the Venetians are close meet the oncoming force but not take the city or take the city and then meet the larger force.
I know my Lord that option two is more of a gamble but if there is any Austrian build up in Zagreb.(OCC or another avatar) We would be able to close in on the Venetian Force from both sides caught in the pass.
Again Duke Leopold this is my humble advice to consider and you may have far more responsibilities to consider after the Diet closes. My fellow Electors any comments for the Duke or other strategy?

ArchdukeEvan
03-25-2007, 20:58
I would agree more with option 1... we are on the verge of taking venice... if this force comes, and isnt intercepted.. it could but the assalt in jepordy... but if it gets stuck seiging or in Zagreb... then we can hold it there until after we take Venice... though it is our only Castle, i belvie that Venice is more important than Zagreb at the current time

Ituralde
03-26-2007, 07:57
3rd Elector your strategic proposals are sound and trapping a large Venetian host in a mountain pass an admirable feat. However I do not have it in me to abandon the siege of Venice. The city lies before me and I will take it!
Should the Venetian army be intent on Venice though, this would truly be excellent and all the more reason for me to maintain the siege, lest the Venetians consider the threat resolved and turn on Zagreb.
Should the army continue for Venice, as I hope I will do my best to ride out with our Household Army and try to meet them at the spot you suggested.

Since you haven't brought up any Edicts, let me propose one of our own. I believe many of us have been grieved by the recent excommunication, a thing I have always tried to prevent, and there are many loopholes in our Charter that one man could abuse to once again plunge us into excommunication should we ever be reconciled. Therefore I propose to you Edict 6.x:
Any decision that would lead to the excommunication of the Reich has to be authorized by a Diet vote, requiring a 2/3 majority.

What do you think of it? Especially the 2/3 part of it, one might presume it is too harsh or restricting.

Northnovas
03-26-2007, 13:06
Thank you my Lord, I do have some concern over the quietness in the Diet. I was thinking along the lines of your Edict 6.x and wonder what other loopholes are out there? Especially going in on an unauthorized Crusade I am concerned what technicalities may arise and the predicaments for the Empire.
I will second your Edict to prevent future excommunication this may also support any DOW against any faction that will result in excommunication.
Will one of my fellow Electors second Duke Leopolds Edict 6.x?

ArchdukeEvan
03-26-2007, 22:04
staying with the Church is a very important thing... and along thouse lines i will Second your proposal

Ituralde
03-28-2007, 14:55
My felow Austrian Electors!

I have an important announcement to make. As you may have heard I am of late proud father of a son. His name is Arnold, and although he is a mere infant now I can see it in his eye that he is destined for greatness. I am not getting any younger and since he is my first-born male I will make him my heir! I hereby announce that Arnold of Austria shall inherit all my titles!

OOC:
About time I mentioned this. :beam:
The way I see it this will make it interesting for those of you without avatars. Hopefully this will change soon, but in a mere 36 turns there will be at least two further Austrian avatars. The first avatar we can be sure of will be Meckils husband.
The way I see it we have AussieGiant up for the first avatar, followed by ArchdukeEvan and then Northnovas, since this is the order of your joining and you have all been very active!
Now AussieGiant has first refusal on Meckil's husband. If he takes it he will have an avatar, but he won't become Duke. If he refuses then another one can take that avatar, but he will have first refusal on Arnold again.
This of course only applies if we don't get any adoptions, but to be honest I have given up on that long ago.
Either way that's the way I plan the future of our avatars to happen, feel free to comment.

Northnovas
03-28-2007, 15:49
OCC:
That seems to be the most fair process for avators. We have all been pretty patient waiting and seniority should count for something. Whatever comes downhill I will take.

ArchdukeEvan
03-29-2007, 01:51
OOC. :embarassed: uh... at the time being i dont have a working copy of the game... and i definatly dont have what we are using... as my game is uninstaled... so I must place myself at the back of that line... because I cant do the battles if it is required... so if being an un-avitared count is better... maybe of like Zagreb... lol

Ituralde
03-29-2007, 08:44
OOC:
Ah, thanks for the info ArchdukeEvan. This puts Northnovas ahead of you then. Just let me know once you get the game working.
I have added a section in our first post to reflect the order of avatar assignation.
Concerning those Count titles, I'll probably make an announcement later today.

AussieGiant
03-31-2007, 02:51
OOC:

Hi Ituralde and fellow Austrian electors.

I'm certainly leaning towards being your son Ituralde!! :)

That probably means someone can jump in ahead of me with Meckil's husband.

I'm back next week and raring to go, so get ready for some tall stories from Russia and some equally outrageous behaviour from me in the Diet :)

Northnovas
04-03-2007, 04:24
[I]A Messenger arrives to Dukes Leopold's tent. He is in plain civilian clothing and dusty had just come from the beseiged City of Vienna. The Messenger bows deeply and hands the Duke a letter with the Royal Seal it is from the Third Elector.....[I]

My Lord,
Excuse me for my directness and lack of formal greeetings. I am sending this communication from our beseiged capital. There has been little communictaion between the Electors in the House and with the enemy tromping on Austrian soil I was concerned. I returned to the capital looking for the Electors when I was caught in the in the city by the Hungarians. I was aware of your position from our intellegence and know that you were enroute. I do believe our garrison is larger then the Hungarians force with your Army on arrival I am sure they will run like the dogs they are or be soundly defeated in battle.
When we have the chance to meet I wish to discuss strategy to defending our soil. I know your role as Chancellory as added further repsonsibilty but I felt we must discuss Austrian issues. The 2nd Electors will hopefully return soon from the East as his word and I am searching the city for the Fifth.
Surely your Army will lift the seige of the city but I ask you.
Do we dare go on the offence and attack Budapest? I am told of the large Hungarian Army near Venice. Would attacking their capital lure that force homeward? I am sure the Hunagrians are busy enough with the Byzantines and cannot have to many troops outside of Budapest.
Or do we wait and go after the Hungarian force at Venice if it comes further east?
I leave you with these thoughts and hopefully can discuss these issues with you soon with the other Electors. God's speed.

Faithfully Servant

ArchdukeEvan
04-04-2007, 00:01
OOC... can someone tell me the dispotiotion of the forces?... if it is still relevant... Im at school...

IC... I have arived... i belive that the city must be freed first, and if the force is destroyed here... then it cant relive an attack on Budapest, so i say that we move unto Budapest second...

AussieGiant
04-05-2007, 06:56
ArchdukeEvan,

There is too much to tell about what is going on.

It`s a complete shit fight with 4 major foreign armies in and around our boarders. The main thing Ituralde needs to due is relieve Vienna.

The rest must be dealt with by the other House Armies.

Ituralde,

How long before I get Arnold? It looks like there will be more than 4 battles a turn for the next few years.

ArchdukeEvan
04-05-2007, 19:42
yes... i gather that.. fact... we must prepare... anyways... the edict i sugestesed and pased in the last diet would force us to go after budapest...

Edit... im going to Tennessee... so i may or maynot be able to get on here... i got my game working agian... ty for the update... have fun

Ituralde
04-07-2007, 16:33
A messenger from Duke Leopold arrives in Vienna shortly after the Hungarian forces have lifted the siege.

Dear Electors!

I would have prefered to speak to you in person, but the current circumstances make haste a wiser choice. As you read this letter I have hopefully crossed the Danube and will be within striking distance of Budapest at the end of the season.

I have read of your concerns and will detail my defensiv strategem to all of you.
As my move against Budapest shows I am indeed planning on drawing the Hungarian forces to their capital. Although I believe that the Bavarian Household Army will deal with the Crusaders stranded close to Venice.
The Venetians have been quiet but could reappear around Zagreb any time. With only one army at our disposal, I plan to take and sack Budapest as soon as possible. It will then serve as a lightly defended buffer zone against Hungarian intrusions, keeping Vienna out of harms way. I will then try to position myself between Zagreb and Budapest and ward off any attacks by our enemies. I will priorise the defense of Zagreb though, as a castle is needed to support our army.

I hope you can see the logic behind my plans. If you do have any objections don't hesitate to mention them. As always I rely on your council and would have preferred to discuss this directly. The opporunity to strike at the enemies capital was there so we have to rely on messengers instead. I hope to fulfill Edict 6.1 as soon as possible.

Yours faithfully

Duke Leopold
Chancellor of the Holy Roman Empire

OOC:
Hey AussieGiant,
Good to hear that you're back I'm gonna PM you once I have the time.
You will have to wait at least 20 turns before Arnold comes of age though, that will be 12 more turns than Meckil will take to come of age. That's why I posed the question of which avatar you want. Either way, unless an adoption comes our way it will still be a long until we have a second Austrian avatar. :thumbsdown:

Northnovas
04-07-2007, 23:58
In an antechamber of the Diet floor the Austrian Electors meet. Having much pride in their unified declaration for the new Emperor. They are drinking the finest Italian wine and toasting the Bavarian Army and their victory over the Hungarians at the River PO. The Third Elector then tells of the ordeal and the siege in Vienna his correspondence with Duke Leopold and Duke's reply.

Fellow Electors the Hungarian Army is destroyed and no longer a concern around Venice. The Duke marches not to lift the seige of Vienna but to capture The Hungarian capital Budapest. I feel this is an excellent opportunity to free the citizens of Vienna from the concerns of war by creating a buffer. One siege on the city is enough. Though Duke Leopold speaks wisely to no forget those Venetian dogs because they have been lying low. I think some intelligence that way to asses what they are up to in army build up would be prudent. What do you think of the Duke's correspondence?
Why there is still some wine left it would be rude of me if I did not make one more toast.
To Duke Leopold for his tireless effort as Chancellor and his defence of Austria and the Empire! Raises his goblet for a large swig..

OCC: It would be nice to get a few more Austrian Armies into play. Waiting very very patiently.......

AussieGiant
04-10-2007, 12:57
IC:

Hear hear 3rd Elector!!

Our Duke's handling of the Reich has been excellent and now all can see the skill and fortitude our house has brought to bear at these times of trouble!!

I concurr with our Dukes plan. By striking directly torwards Budapest the Hungarian army beseiging Vienna will have no choice but to lift the seige and make it's way back to their capital.

Likewise once this is done, by placing the House army equal distance between Vienna and Zagreb we can easily defend each location should an army attempt to take each of these settlements.

With Budapest a hollow shell of it former self after the sacking we should have more than enough time to react to any armies moving up from the interior of Hungary.

OC: Hey Ituralde,

I look forward to your PM when you have a moment. I'm prepared to wait until then. Given we have been together from the beginning I believe we are best suited to a father son relationship in the game.

I can't wait!!

Plus one of these chaps can get their teeth around our first avatar and get into the thick of things very soon.

Cheers to you all
AG

AussieGiant
04-19-2007, 06:28
My Duke, fellow electors,

Our Chancellor and Dukes time is nearing an end.

What are our collective thoughts regarding house legislation and ideas?

One thought I have is for our Duke to run again for election as Chancellor.

His handling of the Reich with our emporer gone has been excellent and as the brother of our Kaiser there is a mutual bond of understanding that is beneficial now he is on crusade to the east.

Any thoughts gentlemen?

Northnovas
04-19-2007, 12:43
I concur with my fellow Elector that Duke Leopold had done an excellent job and I would support his reelection.
As for legislative matters the only concern I have is our war with the Papacy and I don't know by what means we can use to obtain peace that has not already been tried.

AussieGiant
04-22-2007, 10:27
Gentlemen,

Having spoken to Duke Leopold it would seem that being reconciled is our primary issue.

I would suggest we put forth an edict that generates significant resource allocation to educating priests in our cathedrals and sending them via ship to the middle east.

As a long term strategy this will work I believe.

Ituralde
04-22-2007, 14:45
Dear Electors,

Finally I can once again attend these halls. The past years have been quite busy. Being Chancellor has broadened my view of our affairs and helped me to understand the problems other Houses are facing.

I appreciate your effort, but feel that I can not run for reelection. Too long have I neglected matters of Austria and I feel that it is time for another one to step up and take the office.

As you have already said, we need to discuss the matters of legislature we should propose in the upcoming Diet. The main goals that should be achieved are ways for reconciliation. Furthermore I believe that our navies should be strengthened and one last thing that could be adressed is an Edict involving the capture or destruction of Ragusa to end the Venetian threat to our Southern border. This last Edict will stand in direct conflict to Edict E1.1, so we will have to find a way around this.

I will propose at least one of the things above via my own Edict, but would like to use Ducal Edicts for the other ones. My scribes will present you with the exact formulations later on and I hope that I can count on your support.

The matter of the next Chancellor will also be an important one, but I am not yet willing to give an exact mandate to whom I wish to be supported by the House of Austria.

Please voice your concerns now and offer your legislations that we can act united and thus stronger in the upcoming Diet session!

Ituralde
04-22-2007, 17:16
With the recent pleasant announcement by Emperor Henry, I will give the following title to the Electors here present.

2nd Elector of Austria, for your long service for our House and your everlasting support of my politics I hereby make you Count of Venice!
3rd Elector you have served me well in the past, becoming the Third Elector and fighting for our Reich. I would want no other man than you to defend our southern border against the Venetian threat and hereby make you Count of Zagreb!
On to the 5th Elector... 5th, let's make that 4th. To the 4th Elector, you know we had our disagreements in the past, but your drive against the Poles was a much needed factor in our politics. As a result I hereby make you Count of Prague!

I await your build queues for the next Chancellor and I also await your presence in the upcoming Diet.

Northnovas
04-23-2007, 03:45
Duke Leopold I am truly honoured and humbled in this appointment. I shall make Zagreb produce the finest soldiers for the Empire. I will do my upmost to defend the Southern Border.

As for political concerns I have been getting wind of some Edicts being drafted by Electors from other Houses that are addressing some of your concerns.
The most important being the Empire getting into good relations with the Papacy and remove this excommunication. It truly has been going on for too long. We may have to offer more.
For border security Ragusa and other cities are being identified so has not to conflict with E 1.1
I am willing to second some of the Edicts introduced to the Diet.

Ituralde
04-23-2007, 09:40
Dear Electors, I propose the following Edict to be treated as a House Edict in the upcoming Election. My recent dealings as Chancellor have shown me that our naval inferiority can prove disastrous in the long run. This has to be ammended during the next Chancellor's turn.

Edict 7.x
The Chancellor is instructed to build up the Imperial Navy as follows:
Three fleets are to be recruited and manned for our three naval areas. Baltic Sea, Mediterranean and Adriatic Sea.
Each fleet is to conatin at least five Holks, our most advanced ship type to date.
The fleets will be stationed in the corresponding seas and serve to secure naval supremacy.

Northnovas
04-24-2007, 02:45
Duke Leopold I will support your Edict 7.X to build HRE Fleets in their respective waterways. A strong naval presence can assist in defences and expeditions of the Empire.
However, I see these matters a bit confusing on what can be ordered built or constructed to the Chancellor. If we are to rebuild our fleets at least one of the ports in the designated areas must have the facilities present to support and prevent the fleets from going obsolete.
I would guess this would be at the discretion of the Duke responsible for that port if it is not an Imperial City?

Ituralde
04-24-2007, 10:34
I agree with you that there are some stones an unwilling Duke could lay in the way of these Edicts. To tell the truth my knowledge of the northern ports was never that good. Maybe I should revoice it so that the best ships available in the respective seas are built and maintained? Surely this should appease everyone.

Northnovas
04-24-2007, 13:13
I think a generic wording to build fleets in in the designated areas would suffice. Having a Mediterranean port we could go further and build our resources to keep the fleet up.
I see there is no Edict on expansion by any of the Houses because of the prior Edict.
What if we propose Edict 7.x because of the state of war that exist with the Venetians, the capture of Ragusa to eliminate the Venetian threat on the continent. Once their stronghold is taken we offer terms of peace. Something to that effect?

Ituralde
04-24-2007, 16:54
The fabrication of an Edict revoicinv Edict E1.7 to allow for the capture of Ragusa is already in the making I believe. It should have been proposed by one of the Bavarian Electors already.
I consider proposing something along those lines with my personal Edict should it not appear on our agenda soon.

Meanwhile, my dear 3rd Elector, you would do me a great favour if you could use your personal Edict to propose the fleet building. It seems that the lack of activity from our Electors denies me a second supporter to put it up as a House Edict.

Northnovas
04-24-2007, 21:17
Duke Leopold I have drafted my personal Edict for naval build up and will deliver to the Diet as we speak.

AussieGiant
04-25-2007, 03:59
Business, Business Business gentlemen!!

My Lord Duke!!

You honour me with the poistion of Count of Venice!!

As for the edicts I will begin my presence here for the Diet session.

2nd Elector Austria

AussieGiant
04-25-2007, 05:52
Gentlemen.

Legislation proposal:

Edict 7.xx

Nine Merchant caravans are to be created. Each shall spend five years inside the Reich to develop their skills. After such time they will be sent in groups of three to the following locations.

South Western Africa
The Holy Lands
Far North Eastern Russia

Acquisitions and targets of opportunity are at the discretion of the Chancellor and the reports he receives from these merchants. Priority is to be given to survival and long lasting success.

Edict 7.xx

A "Holy" flotilla is to be created of such size and strength as to secure safe passage for at least 5 priests. Once both groups are created they must then leave for the Holy Land in support of our pending arrival and for advancement in the Colleague of Cardinals.

Either of these edicts can be repeated as necessary to ensure ongoing presence and advancement over time.

Count of Venice.

Ituralde
04-25-2007, 08:19
Dear Count of Venice,

I agree with your proposals and will put them forward for Election, if another of our Electors supports them also. I agree with both pieces of legislature and believe that they should be put forward in the Diet. However tiime is running short so you may consider using one of your own Edicts to propose one of them in the Diet.

AussieGiant
04-25-2007, 11:21
Duke Leopold,

I still can't quite get used to this title.

Duke Otto has pointed out that legislation is not needed to ogrqanise merchants and he would follow this policy without needing an edict.

I will use my personal edift to propose the priests being sent to the Holy Land.

Ituralde
05-14-2007, 15:40
Dear Electors,

Another Diet session is upon us and while the issue of Chancellorship will not be raised, with the Edicts governing the Crusade void there is much room for Edicts. If you have any proposals for the House Edicts, please don't hesitate to mention them. If you have no suggestions I will bring forth my own ideas at a later point.

We should also think about our general goals for the next Chancellor's term. I believe that soon my son Arnold should come of age to assist me in the reign of Austria. Furthermore Meckil will hopefully find a suitable husband soon. Although there are many courtiers I have found each and every one of them lacking so far. Maybe I shall be forced to lower my standards in the future. We will have to see.

I believe that further expansion in Europe is not necessary for the advancement of our House. We have more than enough land to pacify and cultivate to last for years. The goals of Emperor Henry concerning the Kingdom of Outremere are intriguing though. Damascus, a city that bustley with activity and trade would be a great prize to belong to our faction. No other than an Austrian general should storm the walls of that city! Maybe we should propose another Crusade for Damascus to help the Kingdom of Outremere and also fortify our claims there?

I await your answers gentlemen!

Northnovas
05-14-2007, 23:47
Duke Leopold I have no Edict in mind if we are not in expansion. I am satisfied to continue to build our infrastructure within the Reich. I would like to have the best training for our troops coming from Zagreb if our treasury can afford it.
I would support the Kasier's plan for the New Kingdom and the tasks that Austria would have in conquering new lands.
I would also caution my Duke not to be to lower his standards too much for the lovely Meckil and I am sure we can come to some arrangement for a suitable suitor.

Ituralde
05-15-2007, 14:39
Well, if you don't have any proposals let me ask you to support me in the following. I have one Edict in mind that would ask for peace negotiations with the Venetians. They have suffered enough at our hands and can hardly be considered a threat anymore. It would benefit both us and the Reich if our Southeastern border would quiet down and the trade routes through the Meditteranean would not be obscured by Venetian blockades.

Another thing that could be worthwile to propose is a merchant expedition, maybe accompanied by some priests, that will try to reach the far reaches of Africa or even Russia. I think the Count of Venice could provide us with more information on a viable target? I believe such undertaking would boost our coffers nicely and the spreading of Christendom is always a noble deed to undertake.

What do you think of this my esteemed Nobles?

Northnovas
05-15-2007, 22:28
I would second such Edicts from this House and look forward to the Count of Venice putting forth a recommended destination for a merchant expedition.

AussieGiant
05-16-2007, 11:00
My Lord Duke and my esteemed Count of Zagreb,

I whole heartedly agree with our Kaiser's thoughts on Europe and the Holy Land. His thought and depth of knowledge on the realm is amazing and I truly believe we should support him. Likewise Duke Leopold your thoughts on the matters at hand echo my own. We are in agreement yet again.

As for the concepts you have outlined, I believe an edict as follows would suffice.

Edict 8.xx

A group of experienced Merchants and Clergy should make their way in large numbers to either two locations.

Option 1: Central Southern Morocco
Option 2: Southern Egypt

A group is defind at five or more Merchants and five or more Priests. Maps of the area are vague at best, therefore I have left the exact location open to the leader of these edicts.

The Southern Imperical Fleet should be used or a second Southern Fleet created for this task.

If this edict is to you liking gentlemen then please feel free to add your thoughts. We could then issue this as the Austrian House Edict.

Damascus...my Lord Leopold...we MUST have Damascus!! It is truly amazing.

Northnovas
05-16-2007, 12:08
I think this would make an excellent Edict from the Austrian House! The route should be the one we feel more secure to take with the limited intelligence we have at this time. The building of extra vessels should not be a concerned to other Houses because these ships can support our lands in the Outremer. A strong Mediterranean fleet gives over security in the region.
Also my Duke an Edict to offer terms of peace to the Venetians would be a wise choice in this time of peace and building.

Ituralde
05-16-2007, 16:28
I will go ahead and propose something to the like of what you have mentioned Count of Venice. While the more merchants and priests will yield us more money and glory respectively, I find the numbers you suggest to be a little bit exaggerated. There may not even be enough ressources to gather for so many merchants in the appointed regions. Maybe we should reduce the number to three to better suit the purpose.

Let me revoice the Edict in this light and also present you my proposal for peace with Venice.

Edict 8.xx

During the next Chancellors term a group of merchants and priests shall be dispatched to at least one of the following places, preferrably both:
- The far reaches south of the great Saharan desert.
- The Nile upward in the south of Egypt.
A group should consist of at least three merchants and priests each.

Edict 8.yy

The Chancellor shall try to find peace with the Venetians as soon as possible. A moderate amount of florins may be used to persuade them. Should the Venetians decline, subsequent raids towards their holdings in Durazzo and Thessalonica, resulting in possible razing or extermination of those cities, shall teach them the error of their ways.

I purposefully left the vehicle to be taken by the merchant group open. I am sure our Emperor and Chancellor shall find a suitable mode of transportation for them without us decreeing anything.

AussieGiant
05-17-2007, 01:55
Excellent my Lord Duke,

Please proceed with these when you can. My greed is something both my mistresses have mentioned before. Three merchants is more than enough now that I think about it.

Ituralde
05-18-2007, 10:43
My dear Electors,

With the Voting drawing to a close I want to draw your attention to the matter of the newly gained Fortress of Ragusa. As my scribe has informed me Zagreb has already grown to a Fortress itself and can easily rival Ragusa for the troops it can produce. Now the question is whether we really need two of those huge bulking Fortresses, that while being highly defensible, to close to nothing for the economy of the Province.
Ragusa especially would be a suitable spot for a flourishing coastal city, we could use the Adriatic Sea to further our trade. I think Ragusa holds much potential and is somewhat held back by its Fortress.

What you you gentlemen think about this? Can we afford to weaken our southern border in the future? Can we afford to weaken it at all? In my oppinion one Fortress should suffice to supply all of Austria with the troops it needs. I would be happy to accept your judgements in this matter. As Count of Zagreb I am especially interested in your oppinion Third Elector.

econ21
05-18-2007, 11:38
An Austrian at the Imperial Secretariat who happens to be passing at the meeting and timidly pipes up.

My Duke, please forgive this intrusion by a lowly functionary, but I believe the Kaiser is very impressed with the level of development of Ragusa. It is one of only two fortresses in the Reich that can currently train pavise crossbowmen (Staufen is the other). Its position at the borders of our Reich also makes it a more suitable location for a castle than Zagreb. I would ask that your Lordships consider whether it is Zagreb, rather than Ragusa, that should be converted.

With that, the official bows embarassedly and leaves.

Northnovas
05-18-2007, 13:14
The Count notes the comments made and looks at the latest strategic map...

My Duke I agree with your comments and was unfamiliar with the training facilities of Ragusa. Having 2 forts in that area does not have the same effect as if they were out on our frontiers in the east or west fronts.
The position of Zagreb as a fort offers access to troop supplies to several points from Northern Italy,to the Southeastern area and quick supply to the capital.
The position of Ragusa overall I would be inclined to think economical because of it's port access and I think the Second Elector would agree to the economic potential of a port city.
We could wait to see what the Venetian situation will be, if there is peace or a continued war.
You are correct we do not need 2 forts in the region. I would like to keep Zagreb as the military point and Ragusa an economic location. Looking at the build of Zagreb I was trying to promote growth but if I rely on the other cities in the Household then I would transform to strictly military production and adjust the queue.
My only concern was the happiness and public order of the citizens and being away with other duties I wanted stability of the Fortress in the absence of a military governor.
I am your humble servant and will follow your wisdom for the better of Austria and the Reich.

AussieGiant
05-18-2007, 13:50
Looking from the departing functionary and the Count of Zagreb the Count of Venice seems a little non plussed.

So it seems our Kaiser wishes to develop Ragusa due to its ability to train pavise crossbowmen. On the other hand the Count of Zagreb believes the location of his own holding is ideal due to logistic reasons.

It seems we have an impasse. From a purely economic standpoint we do not need two fortresses in the region, the question remains which one should be converted.

At this time I am unable to find a viable point to break the tie. The only things I will say is that we need to make a choice as soon as possible in order to avoid wasting valuable conversion time.

Ragusa is now a border province while Zagreb is not. Given our need for Pasive Crossbowmen and the fact there is only one other location in the Reich able to train these men I would suggest the Count of Zagreb convert his fortress into a city. He has an ideal port location. There will be some initial issues but in the long term with expansion in Europe being limited I think this would be best in the long run.

I leave the final decision to Duke Leopold and the Kaiser.

Northnovas
05-18-2007, 14:30
My Lord and Count there is no real impasse. I have further reviewed the facilities specs of Ragusa and it is by far more advance in buildings then Zagreb. There would be significant expense in Zagreb to catch up. Though I prefer the location of Zagreb, Ragusa is a better option because what it can offer in troops to the Reich now.
The port facilities mention by The Count is in Ragusa and there can be the build up of land and sea forces. Unfortunately, Zagreb is landlocked and once the conversion is made I would not expend too much in resources other then the mining exploitation that is possible in that region.
I will change the queue after the paved roads to convert to a city.

Addresses one of the scribes to complete written orders for the Chancellor and Zagreb.......

AussieGiant
05-19-2007, 11:43
Remind me to shoot my cartographer the next time I see him Your Grace, I am embarrassed to have not realised Zagreb was landlocked.

Still we have a decision and that is the main thing.

Ituralde
05-19-2007, 12:40
I would have much preferred for Zagreb to remain a Fortress, due to ist central location. But if Ragusa offers a superior infrastructure this hardly leaves us a choice. The outside factors of position really favoured Ragusa for a city, so I am a little disappointed that its training facilities will rob us of its trade potential.

Well as Count of Zagreb you have my authorization to go ahead and convert to a city. At least that will give us access to the Gold ressources by mining them.

gibsonsg91921
05-19-2007, 18:41
I, Maximillian von Tyrolia, Fifth Elector, believe that it is in the best interest for our trade/missionary expedition that I and another suited merchant go to the rich gold fields of Timbuktu, while another merchant goes to Egypt to access its resources and divert them from our foes.

As far as the priests, they should be sent together to a single Egyptian city, preferably a productive city. This will increase unrest in that city and possibly bring about rebellion, or at least force Egypt to transfer resources that may have been used fighting our Kingdom of Outremer to quash internal conflicts. The largest port city should be chosen for this mission.

Ituralde
05-19-2007, 19:29
Duke Leopold turns to the newcomer.

Ah, Maximilan von Tyrolia what better man could we have chosen to lead our expedition than one of the most renown merchants of Austria. The Count of Venice personally recommended you to lead this important task. Your analysis of the situation already shows your aptitude. My lawyers tell me though that the proposed Edict may have been voiced a little too strict by me.
I fear that beyond your target there are not much options left for you to choose. So while I understand your reasons I fear you have to make a clean choice between Africa or Egypt.

Another matter that I would like to inquire this Council about is the target of our retaliation strike against the Venetians. As worded by our Edict we can move on either Thessalonica or Durazzo.
Sacking Durazzo would definetly enforce our rule over the Adriatic sea. I belive thoutg that Thessalonica is a well-developed town that would yield many benefits if we could plunder its riches. Also a surprise attack into the heart of Venetian territory should teach them to refuse our generous offers again.
What are your thoughts on this matter?

Northnovas
05-20-2007, 00:11
My Lord it is with regret that I have given my orders to the Chancellor but Ragusa can meet our immediate needs. Overall I think this would be the best choice for the Reich. Hopefully our merchants can make up for the loss potential of Ragusa has an economic city.

AussieGiant
05-20-2007, 01:08
OOC: The 2nd Elector of Austria has assumed the title of being the economic advisor to most of the Reich. I'm assuming I know you well gibsonsg91921. And welcome.

IC:

Maximillian von Tyrolia you rogue!! It's good to see you. Duke Leopold is correct; it seems our ability to word edicts is still somewhat too specific. You will need to wait and take two fellow merchants plus some Priest with you to either Egypt or Timbuktu. I do recommend you go as a group as there were many dangerous episodes when I made the trip.

Duke Leopold, given the Venetians are addicted to money Thessalonica would be a far better physiological target. Let’s take their money and see where they fall!!

gibsonsg91921
05-20-2007, 02:02
Maximillian von Tyrolia speaks:

Well, in that case I deem it best to send the expedition to Egypt in order to disrupt our enemy's trade and convert their population.

AussieGiant
05-20-2007, 02:07
Maximillian von Tyrolia speaks:

Well, in that case I deem it best to send the expedition to Egypt in order to disrupt our enemy's trade and convert their population.

Excellent reasoning Maximillian.

gibsonsg91921
05-20-2007, 03:22
Thank you, your Countyship.

Northnovas
05-20-2007, 03:51
My Lord I would support the Count of Venice suggestion and Thessalonica would be the area to strike against the Venetians.

Ituralde
05-20-2007, 09:45
I have informed Emperor Henry of your decision and will move south to engage the Venetians in Thessaloncia as soon as possible!

Northnovas
05-20-2007, 12:34
Excellent! My Lord Godspeed and I wait to hear the news of another victory. If the Venetians would not accept the offer of peace then they must be taught a lesson not to turn down such valuable offers from the Reich.

The Count embarrassingly turns to the newest Elector of the House.

Maximillian, please excuse my lack of manners when you first arrived there was some pressing matters to be discussed. A hearty welcome to the Austrian House. I am so glad you have decided to work your mercantile skills for us. The Count of Venice has mentioned some of your travels and exploits. I can't wait to hear of more first hand.
I wish you success in your newest enterprise.

gibsonsg91921
05-20-2007, 19:05
Maximillian's aide speaks to the Count of Zagreb:
Don't bother to apologize, no offense was taken by my master.

Turns to the Council:

My lords, the Chancellor has reported that the mercantile and religious mission headed by my master has embarked to North Egypt where they shall wreak havoc economically and politically in that barren wasteland - good tidings indeed!

AussieGiant
05-23-2007, 10:14
Lord Leopold, gentlemen,

The House of Austria has received a new member. Karl Zirn!! Before he arrives I am wondering how we shall integrate him into the nobility of the House.

Any suggestions gentlemen?

Ituralde
05-23-2007, 11:38
A messenger arrives reading a letter from Duke Leopold of Austria:

Dear Nobles of Austria,

The siege of Thessalonica is going ahead as planned and I am sure that the city will soon be ours for the taking. Jonas von Mahren has joined me and will help me in the assault. Talks are underway concerning the situation of the von Mahren family and their status within the Austrian nobility. As you know their lands have long been on Austrian soil and their services to Austria have been outstanding.

I hear that my daughter Meckil has finally found a suitable husband in Karl Zirn, the eldest son of the Count of Zagreb. I am glad to hear of this fine addition to the Austrian nobility.

News of the Crusade in accordance with Edict 8.3 have reached me here and I urge every Austrian noble willing to take up the Cross to stake our claims in Outremere to join me in Thessalonica as soon as possible. I will contact my brother to see what course he has plotted for this second Crusade.

Leopold
Duke of Austria

OOC: I just went with your version Northnovas. Congratulations on the avatar, glad to have some company. :2thumbsup:

AussieGiant
05-23-2007, 11:57
My word!!

He's your eldest son Count of Zagreb!!??

How did that slip past my notice!! I must get off the brandy earlier in the day.

There are only two generals able to join the crusade Lord Leopold. Yourself and Karl Zirn, unless I am mistaken.

When is the situation with the von Mahren's likely to be resolved?

Northnovas
05-23-2007, 12:51
A familiar face walks into the room and bows deeply. It is the Count of Zagreb secretary looking very tired...

My Lords I pass a message from the Count who is too gravely ill to attend matters of office. He feels his time is short but could not be happier with the most joyous of events for the Austrian House. There has been a lot of negotiating to have the The Duke accept his new son.
Karl is now in Ragusa to meet the Duke and will be ready to discuss Household issues.
The Count and his son met briefly on his arrival but the trip has taken too much from him. The Estate matters of the Count have been updated and finalized with Duke Leopold's final approval.
If you would excuse me while a prepare things for the Count.

The gentleman leaves heading over to the chapel....

OOC: I thought I would add something with my name mentioned in threads before heading to work. I think I will craft something letter wise to give some background to the character. At 29 he has had to something then be a professional student.

AussieGiant
05-23-2007, 13:24
OOC:

Excellent work Northnovas.

Things are happening in Austria and I'm excited!!

gibsonsg91921
05-24-2007, 02:19
Maximillian's aide stands, with a letter in his hand:

Lords, I have a letter from my master from Northern Egypt.

"Austrian nobles, I am but a mere merchant of the upper middle class, but I have lots of big ideas for the Empire.

Our allies, the Portuguese, have been plagued by our old enemies, the Moors, for too long. I believe we should send an Grand Iberian Army of the Reich to aid them in their plight as a token of our good will and to spread Catholicism and Eastern influence. This will also be an excellent way to open up a second front against the French so we may attack in concert with the Swabian armies.

Maximillian von Tyrolia, 5th Elector, from Egypt."

Aide sits down.

AussieGiant
05-24-2007, 03:52
Your idea is a noble one Maximillian.

You will have to propose something like that in the next Diet session.

Northnovas
05-25-2007, 02:43
In the comfort of the Ragusa fortress the Austrian Nobles are together celebrating the expansion of the House and to discuss future concerns...

I have only one administrative matter to address and that is the title of my late father the Count of Zagreb. I have inherited his position in the Diet as the Third Elector but I did not know if you wished me to carry on the responsibilities of Zagreb and his title or if there were new responsibilities within the House.
When the Diet meets I will make my formal introduction to the Electors.
As for the next opening what are our issues to be addressed. Could the Office of Chancellor be again in the Austrian House?
Are we to concentrate on the upcoming Crusade or are there military options closer to home? I see my young brother in law riding today he is just months away from a commission and to have the responsibility to lead men.
Where do we want to take the Austrian House from this point onward?

gibsonsg91921
05-25-2007, 03:31
Maximillian's aide stands:

My master stressed the importance of our Portuguese allies. If our enemies the Moors take over Iberia, there is a fruitful area of trade lost which includes the gold-rich areas of North Africa. The Reich must not forget that there is more to the world than the Outremer in the East where my master presently resides. We cannot lose the Western outlet to the Mediterannean Sea and Atlantic Ocean lest we lose lucrative moneymaking opportunities.

This is definitely a matter our house should propose an edict on in the upcoming Diet session.

AussieGiant
05-26-2007, 08:00
Looking at the new Count of Zagreb the Count of Venice begins

As far as I am concerned you are more than welcome to keep the title of your father. But what is needed now is you must earn your Knight's spurs as quickly as possible so you may lead an army officially.

As for your other comments, then you raise a series of very important points Count.

I will have to think about them some more and get back to you all.

AussieGiant
05-27-2007, 09:18
Entering the Austrian Council the Count of Venice is accompanied by a powerfully build young man

My Lords,

I would like your attention please.

I have the pleasure of introducing Duke Leopold's son Arnold.

Having spoken to the Duke I will be attached to Arnold as an adviser and attache. My role as the Count of Venice will remain unchanged, however I will be taking a less "hands on" approach in the Diet and other administrative matters of the Reich.

Taking a seat the Count of Venice hands over the floor to the now standing Arnold.

Ituralde
05-27-2007, 10:01
A messenger enters the Chambers where the Austrian nobles have assembled:

My master, your Duke, let's me excuse his absence this day. He will arrive in Ragusa as soon as possible before continuing to the Diet deliberations in Rome. He is currently held up in Thessalonica and will let you know of his achievements once he arrives here.

Regarding the question of the next Chancellor, I can tell you that my master does not wish to stand for a second term. He will be too busy preparing for the Crusade to undertake such a feat. I am to pass you word that apparently Hans of Swabia could be a candidate for Chancellorship. If you know of anybody else, please come forward with it now, so that we can discuss the future proceedings, this includes the option of one of you gentlemen standing for Election.

He turns to the Karl Zirn:

I pass on the best wishes of my master to your recent marriage with his daugther Meckil. He is sorry that he was not able to attend the ceremonials personally. He will speak to you upon his arrival here and I'm sure the succession of your father can be settled then.

Then he turns to the Count of Venice and Arnold:

I am sure my master is pleased to see that his son has developed well under your guidance Count of Venice. I am sure he is looking forward to seeing his son once he arrives.

Once again I apologize for the Dukes abesence but he will attend to all matters of state in a timely fashion.

The messenger bows and leaves again.

OOC: The Coop Story with Kagemusha is taking its time and I would not want to speculate too much, by appearing here and telling things that will turn out wrong. The results of this talk will surely be among the first things mentioned by Duke Leopold upon his arrival.

Northnovas
05-28-2007, 03:23
My Lord, the prospect of running for the Office of Chancellor is intriguing I do not feel that I am ready for such a position at this time. However , I have been reviewing some legislation and seeing that our good merchant as proposed his edict and I don't know what else is coming from this House I would like to use my edict or I should say CA.
The situation of the Reich's defence has been perilous at times and the fall of Thorn made me think of something to reinforce the Household Armies.
I was thinking of creating a new army that would be under control of the Chancellor's Office. The Chancellor in office would control the army to aid House Armies defending the Reich. This army would be strictly for the defence of the Empire proper (Europe).
I am not one for minute detail but following the guide of the Household Army legislation appears to cover the bases and would be good for discussion in the Diet.
I would hope to have the House support.

AussieGiant
05-28-2007, 11:49
Forgive me Lord Zirn, but isn't there legislation in effect that covers this? The army of the interior is already in place and working no?

Northnovas
05-28-2007, 11:52
Yes, there has been but I figure there could be more support for the defences because of the current situation. There never seems to be enough troops when a threat occurs.

AussieGiant
05-28-2007, 11:57
Yes I certainly see the point of your legislation Lord Zirn.

It seems as if my father has also made a very telling point about the House Armies. This legislation does not put a minimum on the number of house armies. The Chancellor is free to create more and assign then as required.

The Count of Venice (CoV in future), certainly drummed into me that it is better to have more flexibility that specific edicts or CA that define too many things.

To a formal matter. I wold like to thank Duke Leopold for naming me the Count of Budapest.

AussieGiant
05-30-2007, 08:19
Father,

What will be the standing orders for the AHA?

I believe if you plan is to go ahead I should be Knighted as soon as possible.

Regards
Arnold

Ituralde
05-30-2007, 20:10
Dear nobles of Austria,

I have cast my votes on the legislations proposed in the Diet and I see that most of you have done so too. Let your conscience guide you for the benefit of the Reich and the House of Austria.

With Charter Amendment 9.2 about to pass, I officially welcome Ehrhart and Sigismund von Mahren into the House of Austria. Knowing your father well, I am proud that you will support us in our future adventures.

As you know one of those is the upcoming Crusade for Damascus. I will personally lead our forces to conquer this settlement. From our House, I know that Karl Zirn will join me, but what about the rest of you. You know that I want you to stay here Arnold and act as my Steward until my return or your ascension to Duke of Austria. This leaves you the choice, Ehrhart and Sigismund. I know that your father would most likely want you to stay in the Empire and with our vast frontiers at least one of you must stay. The choice is up to you, you can of course both stay here and help defend the Reich against its many enemies.

I want to remind you that you have to post build queues for the settlements under your control, before the voting period ends. Remember that you are now the Count of Prague Ehrhart von Mahren and the Chancellor will await your orders.

OOC: And a warm welcome to the Cecil XIX, and while I'm at it an official welcome in this thread to gibson, although you have already posted here.
Glad to see so many Austrian avatars for a change. Let's rock this Reich! :2thumbsup:

Kagemusha
05-30-2007, 20:51
Messenger enters the Austrian assembly.

"Gentlemen. As Duke Leopold informed you i have command of the Austrian household army currently. Those of you who are staying in the Reich,should move yourselves to Ragusa in order to get some fighting experience in the Household army.I can promise that there will be plenty of it to share during the few coming years.

Yours,

Jonas Von Mahren"

Stuperman
05-31-2007, 01:10
A messenger arrives bearing a message with the Imperial seal of Bavaria on it

Gerhard Steffen

Mien fellow germans, I send this message to offer the services of the BHA to rid your lands of the Hungarian presence marching on Zagreb, I understand that the AHA is farther to the east and currently tied up with the Venetians. I make this offer in the hope that our two houses may co-operate more closely

Steward of Bavaria
Gerhard Steffen

gibsonsg91921
05-31-2007, 01:18
Ehrhart von Mahren speaks:

This is excellent news indeed! Bless Gerhard Steffen for his hard work in service of the Reich. King Otto made the correct choice for his heir.

Ituralde
05-31-2007, 14:36
Ah, this is indeed good news. With two such capable Army commanderes ready to help us against our foes, I have no fear for the security of the Reich.

Maybe you Arnold should meet up with Gerhard Steffen. You have traveled and fought with him before. Consider though that doing this will indebt us to the House of Bavaria. As future head of this House I leave the decision up to you. You will have to make many more of these decisions in the days to come.

He turns to the von Mahrens:

I take it from your silence that you will be staying to defend the Reich? This is indeed good. As you see your father will travel to Ragusa where you can meet with him. Crush those Venetian dogs swiftly!

Cecil XIX
05-31-2007, 20:06
Gentlemen! Now that it has been decided, let me officially present myself to the Duchy of Austria. I am Sigismund von Mahren, son of Jonas. I pledge to defend my Duchy and Reich as ably and chivalrously as mine namesake.

Northnovas
06-01-2007, 01:21
Welcome Ehrhart and Sigismund the House of Austria is grateful for your service. It is good to know that the defences of the House are in capable hands
Raises a goblet to to the brothers...

OOC: Good to have aboard there maybe some action soon enough.

gibsonsg91921
06-01-2007, 01:24
Excellent! I cannot wait until I am knighted and can begin serving Austria on the battlefield! I thank you all for your kind welcome (Bows at Duke Leopold, Karl Zirn, Arnold) and my brother Sigismund and I will join up with the Household Army as squires to gain battle experience.

AussieGiant
06-01-2007, 08:47
Welcome to the new members of the Austrian House.

Please note the I will NOT take up the offer from Lord Gerhard. Lord Jonas is returning with the AHA and at that time I will join him to be knighted hopefully against the Hungarian invaders.

gibsonsg91921
06-02-2007, 17:47
I shall make it clear that I am not traveling on crusade (OOC: i saw i was in duke leopold's army), but rather I wish most strongly to join with the AHA in order to gain battle experience.

Cecil XIX
06-08-2007, 00:18
My lords, our Duke has perished. As I'm sure you've heard, he died crushing the Mongols. Such was is strength and will that I have heard the armies he destroyed were more than half thier forces in Outremer. It is the perfect end to such a awe-inspiring and glorious career.

Gentlemen, a toast! In honor of our fallen leader's memory, and in celebration of our new leaders reign! Duke Leopold is dead, long live Duke Arnold!

AussieGiant
06-08-2007, 08:45
Arnold raises his glass in salute.

Gentlemen,

With the passing of my father and Ehrhart von Mahren there are only three of us left represent this great house.

Lord Zirn I would ask you to maintain the standards of my father set, and represent our house proudly in the east. As the only member of the Austrian nobility in the east you have a duty to STAY alive and uphold the honour of my fathers work. I will send someone to assist you as soon as possible. That could be some years though.

Sigismund von Mahren,

You will accompany me as we hunt down and expel the Hungarian invaders. I have every intention of Knighting you and then having you command half of the AHA in defending our borders. The Chancellor has approved this so expect some fighting very soon.

Gentlemen, our house is small but by father left and enormous legacy to follow. I intend to follow through with every ounce of strength at my disposal.

Long Live Lord Leopold, Long Live the HOUSE OF AUSTRIA!!

AussieGiant
06-15-2007, 00:10
Gentlemen,

It seems too quiet for my liking!!

Lord Zirn, what news can you provide regarding the actions in the east?

Is the Austrian province running well? What of your own exploits in the region?

Sigismund,

Are you well? Have you managed to overcome the loss of your brother?

Cecil XIX
06-15-2007, 03:23
I am well, my lord. My brother's loss has been hard on my family, but I will persevere as I must. I am looking forward to having a chance to prove myself in battle.

AussieGiant
06-16-2007, 15:43
So Sigismund, I hope you are over the tragedy of your brothers death.

I know he would want everyone to continue on as best they can and use his sacrifice as motivation for the future.

With that said, the Chancellor's term is coming to an end.

We have of course one House edict plus one personal edict each.

What are your thoughts on future legislation for the up coming Diet session and elections?

AussieGiant
06-18-2007, 18:14
Christ men!!

Is anyone here at all!!??

Peter you're more than welcome to request the next chancellor send you to my army for knighting.

Sigismund is still not knighted either so there will be plenty to do against the Hungarian scum!!

Do any of you have suggestions for edicts? Either the house allotment or your own personal one's?

AussieGiant
06-18-2007, 18:46
As an added point to note there are a large number of Countships available as I have not issued any since I came to be Duke.

With such a small number of nobles available to take charge there is substantial land available to govern if either of you have the desire.

Cecil XIX
06-18-2007, 19:16
Unfortunately, I have no ideas for edicts this term. I was, however, going to request that the chancellor send me and my guard against a unit of Hungarian feudal foot knights. If nothing else, it would be a good fight!

As for counties, I believe you are the only one here who can control more than one territory my Duke. Myself, I would be very happy to be the Count of Budpest. I believe the city has a Master Theologian's Guild, and I would relish the oppurtunity to work with the Reich's future Cardinals.

AussieGiant
06-18-2007, 23:22
Yes but we have to get you knighted first Sigismund.

That you will have to do whilst under my command. As soon as that is done I will request the AHA is split into 2 equal halves and you are given command.

We may need more reinforcements and the advanced troops in Sofia would be ideal.

I am personally hoping to have two full stacks to guard our large eastern borders.

AussieGiant
06-19-2007, 20:07
Sigismund,

In preparation for the upcoming elections I believe it is time to give you a title.

You are hear by appointed the Count of Venice.

OOC: Ituralde: You are more than welcome to Vote as part of House Austria. You are hereby appoint the 4th Elector of Austria and the Count of Budapest.

I will make a formal announcement in the Diet, however please contact the Kaiser with this seal for your appointment to be ratified.

Arnold

Cecil XIX
06-20-2007, 00:11
I am honored that you would entrust me with the city that was governed by your mentor, my lord. I will work even harder to secure our border, so that someday I can govern the city from within it's walls.

Northnovas
06-22-2007, 20:09
Karl Zirn

Fellow Austrians I apologize for the lateness of my report and missing the vote but was detained on travels home. Once I and the Countess have completed business here then I shall return quickly to the Outremer.

The Austrian House is in care of the City of Damascus. We are upgrading the city and it's defenses. There is some concern for this hashish plant the locals use; some days it is hard to find labourers to get work done.
There is word that the Horse Lords may be on the rise again the information is quite sketchy from Baghdad and nothing has been confirmed.
As for the Holy City Jerusalem there is word of sickness in the city from an unknown source.

That is all I can say at this time. If there are any particular instructions or messages to take back with me please make haste my stay here is short.

AussieGiant
06-22-2007, 20:18
It's good of you to report in Lord Zirn.

Beware of this sickness. My advisor the ex Count of Venice has had a few close encounters on his travels east and he says it's deadly.

Good luck on you way back to Outremer. Defend Damascus Lord Zirn, for the Reich, the Kaiser and House Austria.

A thought Sigismund.

Would you consider making your way east onec you are knighted?

Cecil XIX
06-22-2007, 21:07
Only if there were other leaders to defend the Duchy in my stead, lord. It would not be right for two thirds of the Austrians nobles to be defending lands outside of Austria.

AussieGiant
06-22-2007, 21:10
Fair enough Sigismund. I applaud your loyalty.

There will be more action out east and I would ensure you had an amry to use if you went. I thought you would be more interested in that than staying in the home land.

Cecil XIX
06-22-2007, 22:30
We already have over a third of our noble generals defending less than a fifth of our territory in the east. I'm quite content to stay here and defend your duchy with whatever men I have, or to govern my county personally. I just hope the chancellor will let me do *one* of those two things.

AussieGiant
06-24-2007, 14:59
Sigismund,

Maybe it would be better if you left for the Holy Land.

I...do...not want any confusion here about who is leading.

Cecil XIX
06-24-2007, 22:33
There is no confusion, my lord. You are the Duke. I am a count. That will not change as long as I still alive. And it is my dearest wish to serve you by your side here in Austria, not Outremer.

AussieGiant
07-03-2007, 16:47
Gentlemen,

This Chancellorship will be very detailed I believe.

Please send me your specific orders and request based on your authority and force control.

I will send one consolidated Austrian order sheet to the Kaiser in the Diet.

Please have these order in place within 24 hours.

Sigismund, you were part of the sally against the Hungarian's but sadly I am unable to knight you. At this time I woud like you to accompany me back to join the expelled Budapest garrison. We will then retake Budapest and I'm sure you will be knighted in that action.

Duke Arnold.

AussieGiant
07-03-2007, 17:00
Gentlemen,

Ignore that request. I have more than enough information for order to the Kaiser.

I'll proceed immediately.

Arnold.

AussieGiant
07-15-2007, 19:32
Lords of Austria,

We have another emergency session of the Diet to consider.

When possible please present yourselves here to discuss your views on the matter.

I wish to know what you think about all this.

Duke Arnold

Cecil XIX
07-16-2007, 03:20
My duke, I would support Fredericus von Hamburg. In these trying times, having someone with experience is more important than ever.

AussieGiant
07-16-2007, 03:51
I believe you are right Sigismund.

At this point his seniority would be invaluable to "steadying the ship" as it may be called.

I have certainly altered my initial view on the matter after Elberhard first mentioned it.

Northnovas
07-17-2007, 22:32
A message arrives from Adanna

Fellow Austrians, we have mobilized and had our first contact with the Turks. It was quick victory but the prize lies just ahead. We are besieging Iconium as I write this message. May we continue with victories in the Austrian House. Godspeed Duke Arnold on the recapturing of Budapest.

Karl

Northnovas
07-19-2007, 21:31
Duke Arnold

In the words of your late father " I hate sieges!" Congratulations on the victory at Budapest. May the Austrian House have continued success.

OOC: It's nice to get one under our belts after all this time. Though I hope my next one is not for a city. Sieges do drain the resources. :yes:

AussieGiant
07-19-2007, 21:43
Count Zirn, I now also hate sieges!!

I am certainly concerned at this stage. We have reunited the House of Austria, but now the Hungarian's are pressing their advantage.

Time is short and we need more men.

Good luck with your battle Lord Zirn

Northnovas
07-25-2007, 01:38
Well what is in store of the Austrians in this session? Duke Arnold, von Mahern?

AussieGiant
07-25-2007, 10:05
Arnold enters the Austrian chambers from a side entrance.

Moving stiffly he takes a seat and reads the latest reports.

Count Zirn,

Things look decidely shaky in Outremer.

The main topics for this next session are many and varied.

A new Chancellor.

Confirm a new Emperor.

Decide on retaking Jeruselum.

The Crusade to Russia.

Various provinces to attack and to weaken out enemies.

The Mongols.

The general stance on Outremer.

AussieGiant
07-25-2007, 18:52
Two edicts for consideration gentlemen,

And firstly let me just say that I will hand over the AHA to Sigismund and head towards Ragusa to ensure reinforcements are continued and to ensure these Sicilian's don't get too arrogant in crossing our borders. I will also sweep the interior of all rebels in Austria.

(Personal Edict)

Edict 11.x

A suitable bride will be sought out for Duke Arnold to ensure the ancestral house of Austria and the structure of the Reich remain as designed by out forefathers. Duke Arnold has the right of refusal on any proposals.

(House Edict)

Edict 11.x

The Hungarian Capital of Bran will be taken by Austrian forces and lead be lead by a general of House Austria.

Cecil XIX
07-25-2007, 20:01
My duke, I will second and support this edicts when brought before the Diet. I also thank you for the opportunity to proof myself as a leader of men.

AussieGiant
07-25-2007, 20:26
Excellent Sigismund.

I will put them forward. Do you have any idea regarding out second House edict?

Cecil XIX
07-26-2007, 06:48
My lord, an idea has struck me. As each of our cities is capable of supporting a certain of regiments without cost to the Greater Reich, I believe it is prudent and just to propse a Charter Amendment where each city is required to maintain this number within its walls at all times. This will allow more leaway in taxation, and the permanence in our defense will act as a deterent to prevent small-scale aggression as well as ensuring that our cities have moderate protection at all times.

I know that most cities are already following this, however I think recent events have shown that we cannot take such things for granted in our growing Empire. The main reason for passage would be for protection against less then competant Chancellors, as anyone who does fulfill such a simple and common sense task most likely does not have the Reich's interest at heart.

I would like hear both your opinion and that of Count Zirn before I make a formal proposal.

Northnovas
07-26-2007, 12:37
Karl Zirn:

Sigismund it is a good idea to prevent bad administration in a Chancellor and I would support such a proposal. However, do we need more bureaucratic red tape in our day to day operations? The Chancellor has the right to recruit units and the Count of a settlement is responsible for taxes. Along with the Household Army that creates the balance.
I am not sure of the other Houses but if you fell strong enough about it I will be willing to second your proposal and leave it to the Electors.

AussieGiant
07-28-2007, 03:12
Lords of Austria,

With the voting nearly upon us I will say the same thing my father used to say at this time of the Diet session.

As a house, and as Duke of this house and someone you have sworn feality too, there will be certain edicts and amendments that I will request you vote in a certain way.

I will request this of you at some point soon and I will expect you to follow my request to the letter.

If you have any real problems with some of my request then please send me a letter explaining your issue. This house is small, by voting as a block we have our only chance at really influcencing anything.

Please send me your own requests via letter if you wish certain edicts or amendments to be voted on. I will then speak with the Streward, Dukes and Kaiser accordingly to organise your request.

AussieGiant
07-28-2007, 15:04
A letter has been sent to both of you.

Northnovas
08-10-2007, 18:20
Karl Zirn, Count of Zagreb, Governor of Damascus

I would like to state the following with the blessing of Duke Arnold;

In the event of my death I wish to bequeath the following to my son Johann.

I leave the my lands and titles involving the County of Zagreb to my eldest son Johann, nephew of Duke Arnold, grandson to the late Duke Leopold and great-grandson of the late Kaiser Heinrich.
May he continue to defend the Reich and the Austrian House with honour as I have done.

OOC: I might as well line up the next Austrian avatar Karl may not be around upon my return. It will be close depending on the pace. I also had to bump the Austrian thread up from page 2.

AussieGiant
08-11-2007, 02:09
Arnold

Lord Zirn,

I am more than happy to confirm your request of the Zagreb holdings and title to your son Johann.

With my own personal situation becoming increasingly unsatisfactory and with little or no attempts by the Chancellor in gaining me a wife, it may turn out that he inherits far more than we can both believe Zirn.

AussieGiant
08-13-2007, 04:44
Arnold

Lord Zirn, before Edmund Becker arrives here I'd like to take a moment to grieve the loss of my own Mother and now the sudden departure of Sir Sigismund von Mahren.

This house has now taken a mortal blow to its existence and we are hanging on by just a few wisps of hope.

You're family is increasingly likely to be our only hope of maintaining the legacy of this House. Until I am married and able to continue the lineage to Kaiser Heinrich's family, my sister and your children are the only hope we have left.

I've spoke to the Chancellor on the next steps due to Sigismunds death. I expect word from him soon.

I will proceed to take command of the AHA and Herr Becker will need to join me so I may see if he is worthy of Knighting.

My only request at this time is that you send your first born son back to Austria as soon as he comes of age.

Cecil XIX
08-13-2007, 17:10
My lord, what do you need of me?

AussieGiant
08-14-2007, 02:00
Looking somewhat pale and without sleep Arnold is sombre but as usual very intense

Becker...

Firstly, welcome to House Austria. Your arrival, under very sad circumstances has been much needed.

You're were a brother in law to Sigismund and your father in law is Jonas von Mahren so you have large shoes to fill as the saying goes.

At this point Arnold voice turns to steel

You're main task is to stay alive Becker! Nothing fancy nothing flash just don't get killed.

I'd like you to join with me as soon as possible so I can assess you martial skills and ability to lead men...

...I don't know what type of man you are yet Becker, but I'd prefer to see some common sense from you man!

If you have overwhelming force, then USE it. Don't pussy foot around with ideas of chivalry and fair play. This Eastern Front is one of the most deadly in the Reich’s various conflicts, both the von Mahren boy's have died under my watch and I'm not interested in having one of his daughters left widowed!!

Looking at Becker for sometime, the Duke is clearly assessing his new noble, the Austrian chamber is full of the Duke's retinue and there seems to be a stillness in anticipation of something

Where do you stand on all this at the moment Sir?

Cecil XIX
08-14-2007, 02:36
My Duke, I have already heard this from my wife. Rest assured, I intend to play it safe and use maximum possible force when called to fight.

That being said I would prefer to stay away from the front, and I would very much like to administer the County of Prague from the city itself. However, I realize that things are difficult and will never complain of being sent into battle where ever Austria needs me. I merely hope that you will remember my wishes when the situation is under greater control.

AussieGiant
08-14-2007, 03:06
After a few moments Arnold's demeanour brightens. With a solid slap on the back the Duke grins.

Excellent Becker.

I understand your wishes but we must have you knighted at the very least.

The province of Prague has fallen back to me to govern for the moment.

We'll see what happens to your request is due course.

You're wife sounds like an astute woman. Once things are settled I'd like you both to join me for a more social occasion.

Bring your regiment east as fast as possible and form on me when you can.

AussieGiant
08-19-2007, 04:17
Becker, some administrative matters.

I've named you count of Prague as you requested.

Serve the city well Count Becker.

AussieGiant
08-21-2007, 02:52
ROME 1280

Glancing at the three empty seats that make up the Austrian Chamber, Arnold shook his head in disappointment at the state of his fathers House.

Lord Zirn's seat was covered in dust, he wondered if his brother in law would recover soon. His sister has reassured him that Karl's health would improving but it had now been some years since he had heard from him. Unfortunately his sister didn't realise just how precarious Austria's situation was.

He then glanced at Sigismund’s old chair...now occupied by the as yet unknown von Heidelberg. He hadn't even presented himself since wedding the last von Mahren daughter...a pity...

Lastly there was Becker. The only active member left of House Austria.

Was there any point having this chamber open anymore he thought?

While the other House Chambers bustled with the activity of nobles coming and going, reporting to their Dukes on House matters, he was left sitting here staring at dust and wood.

Suddenly the Duke began speaking

Welcome nobles of Austria. It’s a pleasure to see you all here for the 12th Diet session…we have much to discuss as the state of Austria is hard pressed at the moment.

First item on the agenda, Hungary!!!!

His steadily voice rose in anger as he continued, Groms eye’s widened at the site of his Lord speaking to no one…Bane glanced at the Priest, his dark helm somehow conveying his thoughts that something seemed terribly wrong…

…Arnold continued, his voice reaching levels that he reserved normally for battlefield commands

We must crush them!!! What say you lords of Austria, are you with me!!!???

Silence was the predictable response…

…with a slow but enormous show of strength, the Duke clenched his fists, the pressure so great the metal of his gauntlets groaned in protest. Shockingly, to those that witnessed the spectacle, blood began running through the chain mail and plates dripping onto the bench beneath his hands.

Finally, with a prodigious explosion of energy the Duke slammed his fists into the bench. With a shower of blood and wood it was broken in half.

Stunned silence filled the Chamber…the cold dread of violence filled the room causing everyone to back away from the Dread Duke…Grom raised his eye brows in startled surprise as he witness Bane place a hand on his sword in anticipation of what the Duke might do next.

LEAVE ME!!!

NOW!!!!

AussieGiant
08-23-2007, 10:44
Arnold

Becker, a moment if you will.

I would like you to come with me to Bran so I my assess you for Knighthood.

After that I would like you to Command the second House Hold Army.

Do you have any concerns at this time? I detect some hesitancy in you?

Speak your mind Sir. I would like to know how you feel.

Cecil XIX
08-23-2007, 22:02
I am here, my lord. If you have need of me to command the second Austrian Household Army, I will do so. However I would be much more enthusiastic if I knew that I had a son to carry on my name. If the 2nd AHA could be headquartered in Budapest when it is not needed, I would be very greatful.

AussieGiant
08-24-2007, 02:40
Well Becker it seems most nobles of Austria are cursed with the same fate. I have no children either. If we both die that would end our blood lines as fast as they begun.

I hear your request but I am unsure if Budapest is a correct position to defend out eastern borders.

You have to be Knighted first so I wil discuss it with the Chancellor at a later date.

AussieGiant
09-03-2007, 02:19
Striding into the Austrian Chambers, Arnold has made no attempt at cleaning himself up from the battle fought a week ago.

Right then...down to business.

Becker, you did a good job and certainly deserve to be Knighted.

I hear by proclaim, that due to your actions against the heathen Hungarian scum in the battle outside Bran in the year 1286, you are now Knighted.

Congratulations Becker, tell your wife that you wont be back for very long...and don't be late for the Banquet.

Cecil XIX
09-03-2007, 02:24
Aye, Lord. And thank you.

Northnovas
09-03-2007, 02:46
Karl Zirn:

I offer my most sincere congratulations Becker! Another noble knight to defend the homeland. Well done!

AussieGiant
09-08-2007, 04:15
BECKER!!

Now that you're commander of the 2nd AHA, I don't need to remind you that this war with Hungary has been dirty, vicious and one of the most deadly conflicts in the entire Reich's history.

I don't want to see any acts of madness or mercy shown. Get in there, gut them and make sure there is no one to talk about it afterwards.

Can you do that for me Becker??

RoadKill
09-08-2007, 17:20
Wilhelm arrives to his duke's chambers, kneeling before him, suited with shining armour, and a slick sword. Chivalry was everything to this man

Aye Lord! My name is Wilhelm von Heidelberg, I'm proud to join the Austrian household, and wish to serve the Empire as well as I can! Please guide me through everything I need to know, as I am still unfamiliar with many things. I promise you my loyalty and peity!

AussieGiant
09-09-2007, 03:41
Wilhelm arrives to his duke's chambers, kneeling before him, suited with shining armour, and a slick sword. Chivalry was everything to this man

Aye Lord! My name is Wilhelm von Heidelberg, I'm proud to join the Austrian household, and wish to serve the Empire as well as I can! Please guide me through everything I need to know, as I am still unfamiliar with many things. I promise you my loyalty and piety!

Walking into the Austrian Chamber there is a slight look of surprise on the Dukes face, as his retinue fan into the chamber to take their seats Arnold gazes at the kneeling noble before him. Moments pass as the Duke seems to be making an assessment of what to say.

Christ on the cross von Heidelberg!!! It's about $%^#$ing time you turned up!!

I've got no idea where you've been for the last decade but that's in the past I suppose. I'm not sure whether to charge you for dereliction of duty or have Grom here give you a bear hug in happiness...

Taking a moment to wave off Grom from doing just that the Duke continues in a far more foreboding manner.

Now, I've got no time for bloody Chivalry out here on the border, so I'll take your sword and your loyalty instead. Read the battle reports of Sigismund if you want to see what happens when thoughts of Chivalry go wrong!!

You're a son in law to the late great Jonas von Mahren so I'll say the same thing to you as I said to your brother in law Becker.

You're main task is to stay alive! Nothing too fancy nothing too flash just don't get yourself bloody killed.

If you have overwhelming force, then USE it. Don't pussy foot around with ideas of chivalry and fair play.

This Eastern Front is one of the most deadly in the Reich’s various conflicts, both the von Mahren boy's have died under my watch and I'm not interested in having one of his daughters left widowed!!

Oh and by the way...don't even ^##^%ing think of asking to go to Outremer at the moment. Lord Zirn is doing an outstanding job and I'm telling you there is going to be some heavy action on this front in the next few decades.

Now...administrative duties. You need to be knighted, so I'm going to have the Chancellor issue you orders to either join on me or your brother in law who's commanding the 2nd AHA. Who ever sees action first will have you as cavalry support.

Next time I see you von Heidelberg you better be covered in blood and gore and telling me you hacked the heads of a thousand Hungarian's!!

Without another word the Duke departs the chamber.

As Arnold’s retinue file out, the Dread Knight Bane pauses momentarily by the kneeling figure of von Heidelberg.

That went well...It seems he's already taken a liking to you von Heidelberg, that's always a good start.

Without another word von Heidelberg is left alone on the Austrian Chambers to ponder what just happened to his life and his future.

RoadKill
09-09-2007, 04:05
Wheilm quickly stands up to try to stop his duke, but knows its too late now.

Wheilm, was always a rightous man, every morning he would go to the local church and pray for hours. He beleived chivalry was the most important to a man, but now his duke wants him to be a dread knight on the battle feild slaughtering hungarians. Wheilm had no idea what to do. He lays back onto a chair and shakes his head in what is going to become of his future. Wheilm then quickly snaps back into proper posture, and exhales. "I have also been taught to be loyal, very loyal. I must obey as my duke wishes" Wheilm says to himself, and if my Duke wants me to kill, then I shall kill.

AussieGiant
09-14-2007, 05:29
Striding into the Austrian Chambers there is of course no one present.

Engraved on the newest seat is the family name von Heidelberg.

Glancing to his right, the Duke sees an Austrian shield on the wall, a mace and sword crossed over it.

Reaching for the mace the Duke hefts it in his hand for a moment.

Glancing at Bane the Duke slowly nods his head.

At that moment Grom and Bane remove the other members of the retinue and serving staff from the Chamber.

Stand outside the entrance, Grom and Bane completely block the Austrian Chamber entrance. The only thing that can be heard echoing in the Diet is the muffled sound of fury, anger and destruction.

AussieGiant
09-17-2007, 14:47
The newly constructed Austrian Chamber has a distinct smell of polished wood.

Becker!!

As is mostly the case, the Austrian voting block is only you and me.

Lord Zirn has informed me of his proxy voting which he has forwarded onto the speaker.

With the new legislation in force, it will require only you and I to second House Edicts for them to be tabled.

Let me know your thoughts.

I personally have been informed that Krakow should not be something we need to invest our resources into.

Therefore I believe it is clear that we refocus eastward once more.

Cecil XIX
09-19-2007, 03:22
I've given it some though my Duke, and I have noticed an idea in the late Sigismund's papers concerning our old enemy Venice. In the many years proceeding his command of the AHA he had a great deal of time to think, and this plan was certainly one of his most ambitious ideas. If you please, consider this his words as well as mine.

It should be noticed that Venice has been quite admirable in not waging war against us. They could have marching to Ragusa continuously like the Poles or Hungarians, but have shown a remarkable amount of restraint. This makes them our only enemy to have actually learned from waging war against us. This is quite admirable, and I believe they should be rewarded.

Of course, they should not be forgiven completely. What I am proposing is that we embark on a campaign to subjegate them as a vassal state, rather then crushing them utterly as we did with the Milanese. Turning an enemy into an ally would not only help our reputation, making diplomacy easier, but would also serve as a useful lesson to the world that nations can profit from treating the Reich with the respect we deserve.

To accomplish this, we must first conquor Thessalonica. Whether we then keep it or give to an ally is of no matter. Afterwards, we take Rhodes and convert it into a city. That way the Venetians will be able to pay us more tribute. Finally, we land a strong army on Crete and demand the Doge swear subordination to the Kaiser in return for Rhodes.

The beauty of this plan is that by sequestering the Venetians to two islands, we limit any agressive impulses. They will also pay us a fair percentage of their income as a sign of their loyalty. Finally, by becoming our subjects they will make peace with Byzantium by default.

What say you, my Duke? Is this plan to your liking?

gibsonsg91921
09-19-2007, 03:26
Lars and Ulrich, Péter's servants, enter the Austrian chambers.

Péter von Kastilien, our master, would support your plan, Becker, as it was Ehrhart von Mahren's dying wish that Crete be conquered.

RoadKill
09-19-2007, 03:32
A servent walks into the chambers almost running away after seeing the great dreaded Duke Arnold

Mas..ss..tt...eerrr.. There has been a report that Austria will be receiving a new genreal, many rumours have been spreading about this. I would just like to inform you.

The servent bowed down and sprinted away.

AussieGiant
09-19-2007, 04:40
Becker!!

Intriguing...and who do you propose will undertake these tasks?

How many men would be needed?

Glancing at the servant interrupting his discussions with Becker, a brief flicker of annoyance passes across his face...

Bane, make sure people knock before they enter these Chambers...if they don't please correct their behaviour. It seems there is a bit of activity about.

Cecil XIX
09-19-2007, 05:10
In light of the magnatude of this task, I believe we could mandate the recruitment of an additional army specifically for this purpose. The precedent is already there with Duke Ansehelm's Teutonic Crusade, and if the Diet is willing to raise an army to spend two sessions marching deep behind enemy lines to sack a single city then they should be more than willing to raise an army to subjegate an entire nation that is just offshore of our nearby allies.

As the Venetian territories are all rather isolated from each other, one very strong army could conceivably accomplish the task alone. Some reconnaisance of Rhodes and Crete will allow for a more accurate assessement, but if the army were commanded by a general skilled at seperating enemies with the cover of darkness, than one army would be enough.

RoadKill
09-20-2007, 23:34
Lorenz Zirn, freshly recruited, he was a broad and tall man. In his shining army he marches into the Austrian Chambers. He scans from left to right, it seems as if the place is fresh and clean, and new. He sees a man dressed in a glorious armour. Lorenz looks at the mans, face; just by looking he can tell the man has been through numurous blood sheds, and have seen too much, in life.

Duke Arnold, I greet you with great pride. It is a fantastic honour for me to join this fabulous Austrian Household. I may be a fairly young man, but I assure you Duke Arnold, I am more then worth the fight and blood shed, I am at your disposale.

Wheilm was like a brother to me, when we were small. Every day he would take care of me, train me to fight, train me to be brave. He always taught me that Chivalry is the most important, and that God should be my everything. But the damn the foolish and idiotic Polish, every single one of them will be crushed by my horse, and slain by my sword!

Lorenz Zirn knelt down, in great pride and anger.

AussieGiant
09-21-2007, 04:18
Glancing down at the young noble, Arnold scans the parchment handed to him...reading it for a good few minutes he finally roles it up...he's clearly testing the young man and his ability to hold his kneeling position in full armour. Finally he seems satisfied...

Rise Zirn,

Would you be related to Karl Zirn? I must know this before we speak further.

Glancing to Becker the Duke raises an eyebrow

Becker!!

Now that there are edicts being proposed by the Kasier requiring us taking two provinces, plus the issue of revenge against the Poles for killing von Heidelberg, how do you think we should proceed?

We simply can't do all things at once.

Looking around the new Austrian Chamber Arnold notes the four empty seats, a moment of sadness crosses his face as he notes his father, the two von Mahren's and the latest death of von Heidelberg.

Looking a little startled he can then see that above each of the seats of the departed who ring the outside of the chamber wall sit a very life like wooden bust of each man. Amazingly detailed and extremely well made the heads of each man can be seen gazing down at those still alive and able to act on behalf of the House.

I like what you've done with the place Grom.

At hearing his name the huge barbarian grins.

Ey my lord, I know a number of good carpenters. They've done a fine job with the place.

Cecil XIX
09-21-2007, 05:33
Strategically, Krakow should be our first priority. It is a huge pocket of resistance, closing it would do more to streamline our borders than anything else.

But if you are asking me what I would do myself, then I would prefer to continue my family's war against Hungary. Having a port on the coast of the Black Sea would be triumph for Austrian commerce and naval power.

Becker pauses to observe the busts while absentmindedly tracing one of his scars.

...Truly amazing. Grom, you have my compliments as well. These improve the dispostion and majesty of this room on a very fundamental leve.

AussieGiant
09-21-2007, 07:02
Alright then,

I shall draft up a House edict regarding Krakow. I'll speak with Duke Ansehelm to see how this should be worded.

Once this is finalised I'd say we will then postpone your recommendation on the Venetians. We will instead deal with the Hungarian's once and for all.

RoadKill
09-21-2007, 16:45
Lorenz Zirn rises, dusting off some dust from his elgent and new armour.

Duke, I think that it is just a coincidince that we both have the same sir name. Maybe a cousin? I don't know. That is of no matter though my lod, I will surly be twice the better general then who ever this man is.

Lorenz Zirn then carefully listens to Beckers request.

DUKE!! Please allow me to support the seige, on Krakow, if it is to happen, I promise I will swear myself worthy.

Lorenz Zirn, looked at Duke Arnold, with great ambition and seems like he is more then eager to finish the pathetic polish.

Northnovas
09-22-2007, 02:01
A tired but elated Count walks into the Austrian Chamber. A quickly walks towards the Duke with an outstretched hand...

Brother it is good to see you! Karl shakes and Arnold's hand, forgetting the formality and glad to see family again...

It's been a long trip but my work in Damascus is done and I have returned in time for the Diet Session. It appears not much has really happened. Smirking as he speaks. He then looks at the other members present and hearing the newest members last words...

Surly twice the general?? I like your talk young man and maybe facing the Poles will show your worth. We need confidence in our young leaders. I think we may be related something cousin twice removed my uncles were roaming merchants. Good to have you here. My seat is rather dusty in my absence I think it could use a good polish.

I have much to discuss my Duke on personal matters and the Great Cathedral that has been built in Damascus. It's been a long time and I have brought some fine wine from my travels. Though I would prefer to share it hear amongst our brothers. This drinking establishment I have heard of is not in my interest and I hope that you can understand if I decline any invitation to drink there.

What is this house to propose for voting!?

AussieGiant
09-22-2007, 04:23
Embracing Lord Zirn, the Duke is clearly pleased to see his brother in law.

Karl it is good to see you after so long. How's my sister and your children?

Turning to Lorenz, the Duke demeanour takes on a more serious tone.

Well then we have a few things to take care of. I like your confidence Lorenz, therefore I hereby name you Count of Budapest. I will make a formal announcement in the Diet.

Narrowing his eyes for a moment…

Keep in mind Lorenz the place has rebelled once already. I don’t want a repeat of that fisco. If there is I’ll strip it from you before you can blink.

In addition there will be some action South of Krakow. You’re order to form on the 2nd AHA under my command for assessment of your martial skills and command ability.

Becker!!

What is the 1st AHA status at this time?

Finally I'd like to reinforce that I will have orders for a number of edicts and Charter Amendments at this Diet session. I expect those orders to be followed.

As for any edicts...I still have none at this time. Do any of you have suggestions?

RoadKill
09-23-2007, 01:52
lLorenz straightens out, and a grin stretches across his face. For once Lorenz looks like an 18 year old.

Thank you duke, I will not let you down. Budapest, will be in good hands. It is also my honour to join you under your command, as I have always wondered how powerful the Duke of Austria can be.

Lorenz's grin this time was not a cheerful one, it seemed like he was some what challenging the Duke.

AussieGiant
09-23-2007, 03:46
Casting a long and somewhat curious eye on the young Lorenz the Duke is about to respond until his Priest places a hand on his shoulder and whispers something into his ear. Upon listening for a moment the Duke is now clearly focusing on another topic.

My Lords, given there are four of us we do have at least one piece of legislation to consider that directly affect us.

Edict 13.3:
The Austrian Household Armies are authorized to conquer the city of Bucharest and the fortress of Sofia. Once Bucharest has been conquered it will be given to the House of Austria, by will of Emperor Siegfried. Sofia will be gifted to our Byzantine Allies.

I would like to hear your thoughts on the matter.

Both targets lie south of Bran.

Operationally I would first assist Duke Ansehelm is taking Krakow and cleaning the area of Polish forces. This must be accomplished first in order to protect our northern border and ensure we are not attacked from behind our front line.

Simultaneously the 2nd AHA under Becker could march on Bucharest. While Becker focuses on that target I would follow with the 1st AHA and leapfrog him to attack Sofia.

If you have any strategic alternatives let me know.

However, the one thing we must decide is if we wish to support this edict as it stands. Having been the instigator of the first piece of legislation that gave Sofia back to Byzantium, I'm loathed to do this again due to the fact they sold it the last time we gave it too them.

How do you stand on the issue men? If we don't support this edit we must quickly come up with an alternative more to our liking.

Northnovas
09-23-2007, 04:22
My Duke, the plan is straight forward. I would make sure becker has sufficient forces to take the city. When we are in full control of Bucharest then Sofia would be next.
Having been in this situation of capturing Iconiumto be gifted to an ally. I would ensure that the Chancellor reinforces your army with artillery so the walls will not be a challenge and men's lives wasted in a bloody battle that will offer no strategic value in the end. The less men committed the better for Austria.
I will support this Edict.

RoadKill
09-23-2007, 04:29
Lorenz sits there listning carefully to the Duke's word. Then after reveiwing his thoughts, he seems confused.

Duke, I'm half half with this edict. I know I am without experience, but I think we should consider Sofia for ourselves. The Byzatium are orthodox, and I have no trust in them. Giving Sofia to Byzantium will be like giving a gift ot the devil. Therefore I am in disagreement. Sofia should be kept for Austria, Duke. Sofia will also serve very useful to your borders to reinforce in battle.

As a side note, I also want to assist you in taking Sofia as well Duke.

Lorenz looks at Becker, with somewhat anger. It is obvious Lorenz is blaming Becker for the death of von Heildburg.

AussieGiant
09-23-2007, 05:40
Frowning at Lorenz for another moment the Duke listens to the debate about the various topics.

Karl, can you check on our ability to produce artillery? You're comment about taking Sofia is correct. I'd prefer to bomb them back to hell before sending any Austrian troops to take that massive Citadel especially if we are to then give it away to Byzantium.

Lorenz,

What do you propose instead of edict 13.3? If you don't come up with an alternative then depending on how thing fall I may have to ask you to support it anyway.

And yes I have every intention of bringing you with me to Sofia after we fight the Poles.

AussieGiant
09-23-2007, 13:52
Arnold

Gentlemen,

Post your build queue's and taxation levels as soon as possible.

I'll draw up orders for the House Armies.

Northnovas
09-23-2007, 20:29
Karl

The Fortress of Bran is capable of producing fime artillery pieces for the planned assault. I would advise the Chancellor to build the best units possible for the assault.

AussieGiant
09-24-2007, 08:00
Arnold:

Lord Zirn, I've taken note of your information. These artillery pieces have been requested for the assults of Bucharest and Sofia.

RoadKill
09-25-2007, 00:32
Lorenz fidgets around, with a peice of paper, looking wooried, and confused.

Duke... I am a man of youth, and I have never experienced something like this.

Lorenz shows Duke arnold the ballot for the voting of the edicts.

I don't know exactly which ones to vote for, mind aiding me here Duke?

econ21
09-25-2007, 11:45
An officious Austrian clerk pipes up.

I am sorry, young Master, but the polls were open for only 24 hours. They are closed now. You will have to sharpen up if you are to make anything of yourself.

RoadKill
09-25-2007, 22:40
Lorenz frowns at the comment.

Oh well, I'll just have to wait till the the next one then... if I can live that long.

AussieGiant
09-26-2007, 03:57
Arnold

Lord Zirn has officially made if know he will depart Outremer and return to Austria.

Becker, as the next senior noble I'm giving you the chance to Govern Damascus on behalf of this House.

Let me know what you think.

Scowling at Lorenz

I hope you're not late with your cavalry charges man!!! If you are it will lead to certain problems.

RoadKill
09-27-2007, 01:57
Lorenz, ashaming his duke, rose into a better posture and looked at the Duke.

Duke!!! When will the assault take place!? I am more then eager to stain my sword with polish blood.

Lorenz looks at his sword and grins.

Also, one more thing.... Duke I would like to ask if I, myself, could decide the fate of any polish prisoners, that is left unslaughtered by my sword.

AussieGiant
09-27-2007, 04:10
Looking at Becker for a moment the Duke then turns towards Lorenz.

Exactly what are you proposing Lorenz?

And believe me son, you're going to see plenty of action in just a few short weeks.

I'll say this though, you do seem very motivated.

RoadKill
09-27-2007, 04:15
Duke, I'm just asking if you could let me handle any prisoners we capture, in the future under your command.

AussieGiant
09-27-2007, 04:23
There's not much to handle Lorenz.

Unless you are volunteering to be an executioner.

RoadKill
09-27-2007, 04:39
Lorenz has an evil grin stretch across his face

Glady, Duke......

AussieGiant
09-27-2007, 05:24
Raising an eyebrow at the young noble the Duke shakes his head with a rueful smile on his face.

Lorenz, the last time I told an Austrian Noble to get into the thick of things he got himself killed. Now I don't want you to hold back when we engage these Poles but I want you to be covered in Polish blood and not your own.

GeneralHankerchief
09-28-2007, 03:51
Dietrich von Dassel:

*making his way into the Austrian chambers, he glances at the formidable architecture.*

Gentlemen, as some of you are surely aware, I seem to have become the Governor of Ragusa. As such, that's why I'm here, to await some sort of message from your Duke Arnold.

However, I hope that this appointment is temporary because I am still a Swabian at heart and yearn to go back to killing the French.

AussieGiant
09-28-2007, 03:57
The Dukes demeanour is clearly unpleasant to say the least.

His entire Retinue is spaced around the Chamber in order to ensure security and no unwelcome visitors. Each of them is armed heavily.

Gentlemen,

This is a general order to all governors and provincial rulers of Austria.

Smashing his fist down in emphasis.

I WILL NOT TOLERATE CHURCH PROPERTY BEING DESTROYED in my HOUSE!!!

You are authorised to persecute any and all persons that make any attempt or plan any attempt to destroy or deface the Catholic churches property.

I'm also ordering armed escorts for all clergyman should they deem it necessary for their safe passage in and around Austria.

Thankfully there have been no incidences to date, and I don't intend to see any.

You have your orders gentlemen!! Make sure they are followed to the letter.

Glancing at the new comer, Arnold continues without pause speaking directly to the Swabian Noble.

Dietrich!! I'm not sure what the £$%£ is going on but welcome. Any noble able to physically govern Austrian provinces at the moment is a welcome addition. I hereby give you temporary governor privileges for the Citadel of Ragusa. Its primary aim is to provide top line Cavalry for the AHA's. Please ensure this proceeds as planned.

And if there are any acts of religious or other rebellion please report them to me immediately.

Cecil XIX
10-01-2007, 01:23
My fellow Austrians, now that I have made my announcement in the Diet I have another one to make here.

I am resigning from my command of the 2nd AHA, pending my relief by either Karl or Lorenz Zirn. I have held this post because it was necessary, but with Karl returning to Austria and Lorenz on the verge of knighthood that is no longer the case. My only wish is that I may finally set foot inside Prague, and stay there.

AussieGiant
10-03-2007, 14:09
Gentlemen,

Some orders.

Lorenz Zirn is now going to command the 2nd AHA in Krakow.

Your orders are to extract yourself from Krakow as soon as possible and place yourself near Zagreb. Your role is to provide support Zagreb and Venice in the event of rebellion.

If Krakow rebels then you are NOT authorised to assist. Unfortunately it is not our responsibility any longer and we can't spare any more troops to defend it.

Karl Zirn please make you way to the the 1st AHA. Your orders are to retake Bucharest, quell the city and then move to Bran. You are ordered to provide support to Budapest, Bran and Bucharest in the event of rebellion.

Becker you are authorised to head for Prague, however please also provide governoral assitance to Vienna. You are task with making sure neither province rebels.

I am going to make my way down to Ragusa personally to determine what the situation is.

Are there any question?

Cecil XIX
10-03-2007, 21:18
My duke, what exactly can I do while providing governoral assistance to Vienna?

RoadKill
10-03-2007, 21:27
Duke, your army will be in fabulous hands, NONE of these fools will dare rebel against me.

AussieGiant
10-03-2007, 21:47
Becker,

Your skills as a governor are known to me and the rest of the Duchy. If you deem it necessary I would like you to keep an eye on Vienna while you are in Prague. If you see Vienna on the verge of rebelling then your mere presence would possible be able to quell the unrest.

OOC: I think you would begin to get positive governor traits soon...these would have a positive influence on the city you are station in.

Northnovas
10-05-2007, 11:36
Karl Zirn:

1st AHA needs to regroup. As mentioned Duke Arnold I think the siege of Bucharest should be lifted and I rv with the 1st AHA/Becker and other loose units (Capt. Dieter) to head fron Bran.
There are too many Hungarians and they may get occupied with the Rebels in Bucharest allowing us to move out. There is only one large Hungarian unit that could be a threat.
Would you agree Becker?

AussieGiant
10-05-2007, 12:01
Arnold

Having seen the field reports I certainly agree.

Given the command change that is pending this would be best. Karl Zirn is alone so the only real way is for Becker to drop the siege and make his way closer to the coast where Lord Zirn comes ashore.

AussieGiant
10-05-2007, 22:30
Nobles of Austria,

Given the current situation our sole aim is to protect and defend this Duchy.

Therefore I'm giving the following official orders.

Becker you are to abandon Bucharest and head south with the 1st AHA to link up with Karl Zirn. Once completed you are ordered to head for Bran and reinforce the army.

Unfortunately Lorenz it seems as if I am too late to prevent Dietrich's actions against the Pope. Given the situation I will be taking back command of the 2nd AHA, you and I will be heading south to Ragusa to refit if possible, provide a presence on the border with the Papal province and then head back into the interior of Austria once we determine how the Papal State are going to react.

Duke Arnold.

Cecil XIX
10-05-2007, 23:08
Given the current state of the Reich, I worry about concentrating too many nobles in one place. Considering Prague borders two other houses and guards the very heart of Germany I belive it would be prudent to send me there. From Prague I can keep an eye on Vienna as well as Bavaria and Franconia.

I also agree that Bucharest should be abandoned. Let us strip down every building except the Abbey. That should net us over seven hundred florins which can be put to good.

AussieGiant
10-05-2007, 23:47
I agree Becker but I need you to form up with Lord Zirn first as he is horribly exposed.

Strip Bucharest and form on Zirn. Once you and he are together then fight your way back to Bran. You can then continue on to Prague and try and calm the populations of those Cities you mention.

Cecil XIX
10-06-2007, 03:28
Very well, my Duke. I will make arrangements.

RoadKill
10-06-2007, 04:06
I shall obey.

AussieGiant
10-06-2007, 09:43
Excellent Men!!

Good luck, God's speed.

Report in as soon as you need anything or require advise.

Lets get too it!!

RoadKill
10-07-2007, 18:59
Duke Arnold, I have a proposal. Please allow me to stay behind and protect Budapust my home town. I feel that it is important I stay there and defend it as it can be extremly vurnable to many enemy attacks and we can not risk losing that area.

Northnovas
10-07-2007, 19:40
Karl Zirn:

Duke Arnold it would appear the junior officers prefer a geographic location of the Duchy. Once Becker and I form up the 1st AHA it does not matter if he wishes to proceed west to Prague and work with you and Cousin Zirn can remain in the east.
Bran will be the defence of the eastern front and Budapest is the next city after Bran. Whatever will motivate them to fight and defend.
I have no preference.

AussieGiant
10-07-2007, 21:41
Arnold:

Gentlemen,

Having surveyed the situation and taken into consideration your wishes here are the orders.

Becker you've clearly stated you want to head back to Prague, and Lorenz you also wish to return to Budapest.

Clearly gentlemen you both must concern yourself with more than your own provinces if we are to keep Austria together.

Becker you have a tough time on your hands at the moment. You must sally from Bucharest then head south to Lord Zirn. Once united then head at once to Bran. Bucharest is too far for us to defend so it will be abandoned.

At Bran, Karl Zirn will reinforce and hold it at all cost with the 1st AHA, thereby securing our eastern border against the Hungarian's.

Becker, you can then head towards Prague. As well as Prague you must also look after Vienna. Maintain discipline in the two city garrisons and ensure any and all rebellion are either averted by your presence or crushed.

Lorenz Zirn, you are order to do the same with Budapest which is yours but also you must handle Zagreb on behalf of Karl Zirn while he is in Bran.

I will head south to ensure Ragusa is secured.

Pausing to look at the three Austrian nobles in turn

Gentlemen,

These are trying times, but if we work together and maintain contact with each other I firmly believe we can assist each other and come out of this crisis in a good position.

I'm not saying there wont be sacrifices to be made and some loses, but, we must maintain our trust in each other and keep our discipline not matter what the cost.

I will establish a series of galloping messengers between the cities and castles so that we may stay in contact with each other and ensure we can quickly react to any situations we my encounter together.

Are there any objections or concerns at this time?

If not, then Becker , god speed and best of luck meeting up with Lord Zirn.

RoadKill
10-08-2007, 01:33
Duke Arnold, I would like to ask if I'm still in control of the 2nd AHA.

AussieGiant
10-08-2007, 08:34
Lorenz,

Unfortunately not at the moment.

If you are going to govern Budapest and Zagreb you will have to use the garrison troops for the moment.

If the situation presents itself I will hand over the 2nd AHA to you as required.

Arnold

Cecil XIX
10-09-2007, 00:29
A courier delivers a letter to the Austrian chambers from Edmund Becker. It reads:

My fellow Austrians, I fear my days are numbered when I look upon the Hungarian host arrayed before me. The primary army numbers five hundred-sixty pavise spearmen, four hundred fifty dismounted fuedal knights, four hundred eighty chivalric knights and two catapults with fourty artillerists. There is also another army that is able to assist that consists of an assortment of archers, crossbowmen and artillery totalling eight hundred eighteen people led by a member of Hungary's royal family.

It pains to plead like this, but I beg of you to send every available man to assist me. As it stands the destruction of the 1st AHA and my own death seem very likely.

Northnovas
10-09-2007, 03:09
Karl Zirn:

The odds are greatly against you. What if you sally and do a tatical withdrawl. Your losses will be minimal and we are going to abandon the settlement. That maybe enough to delay the Hungarians who will be occupied to take Bucharest and you can withdrawl to Bran.
Unfortunately I have no troops with me to assist.

AussieGiant
10-09-2007, 09:13
Arnold:

Lord Becker,

I've seen the field reports. The situation is grim. Perhaps Lord Zirn can sneak through to Bran without your assistance.

One option might be to stay behind the walls, let them come, smash them against the wall of Bucharest and then depart.

The Chancellor has mentioned he has spoken to you.

What options has he discussed with you?

Duke Arnold.

Northnovas
10-09-2007, 12:11
Karl Zirn:

Seeing the situation at Bucharest I would like to reinforce Becker by getting what troops I can get in Bran and get to Bucharest to break the siege and get our boys out of there.

We can decide who will lead the battle when reinforcements arrive.

AussieGiant
10-09-2007, 13:47
Arnold:

That sounds like the best course of action.

What are the troops in Bran consist of?

Northnovas
10-09-2007, 13:57
Karl Zirn:

Looking at the save not a lot and there is no time to recruit and relieve the siege. What we got we got. It will be dicey.

Cecil XIX
10-09-2007, 15:57
Another letter arrives from Becker.

My lords,

I have heard the discussion between Karl Zirn, Duke Arnold and the Chancellor. It is my opinion that we bring up the two units of knights and reiters from Bran and place them under Karl Zirn's command where he can move to assist. After that, I suggest waiting for the Hungarians to make their move against the city.

Though I am greatly unnumbered in me who are trained to fight in melee combat, between the crossbowmen, towers and artillery I believe I can make up for that deficit. They will be devastated by missile fire when the reach the falls and in the ensuing fight they can be trapped in the city by Karl Zirn's reenforcements and crushed from all sides. This, I believe, has the best chance for victory.

Northnovas
10-09-2007, 16:40
Karl Zirn:

I am in favour of Becker's plan to utilize the city walls has part of his defence rather then an open field battle. I will be more then willing to bring the reinforcements in to the city when the Hungarians make their move.

AussieGiant
10-09-2007, 16:54
Arnold:

Well gentlemen that seems the best course of action.

Becker your plan is still risky. Please note the Canon will not really be able to fire over the walls. You need Howitzers for that. I think they will be largely useless in the battle.

Good Luck!!

Duke Arnold.

Northnovas
10-11-2007, 02:42
Karl Zirn:

It's over, I was not able to assist in relieving Becker and the 1st AHA. From the reports that are sketchy at this time Becker is missing and the 1st AHA has been destroyed. I yet to find any stragglers.
I will not have enough men to defend the eastern front. If we are now at war with the Byzantinize that is two armies on our eastern borders.
This is indeed a dark day for our House and we mourn the loss of another Austrian.

gibsonsg91921
10-11-2007, 02:45
Two familiar messengers enter the Austrian chambers. It's Lars and Ulrich, Peter's servants.

"Peter von Kastilien extends his condolences to Austria and the von Mahren and Becker families. This is a dark time for Austria, and it is undermanned again. He has requested of Lothar Steffen that Friedrich Karolinger assist the Austrians, and if this is unavailable, Tancred von Tyrolia will abandon Wahrheitburg to ensure the Austrians' safety."

AussieGiant
10-14-2007, 10:24
Ragusa 1320:

The hastily prepared Chamber of House Austria looked like a field command.

Maps were strewn everywhere, guards posted at each entrance and there is nothing but military personnel everywhere.

By the main command table Arnold reads one last message in a large stack of papers, somehow half way through, a feeling of Dread emanating from him becomes tangible. Lieutenant's and Sargent's begin to file out of the chamber. Only those individuals that absolutely need to enter the chamber do so, many arrive at the entrance, are confronted by the ominous scene and quickly depart.

Finally, the Duke places the paper down on the table. Slowly he looks around the assembled captains and notes that Karl Zirn's personal adjutant is present.

“Gentlemen, your attention please.

It seems Count Becker is alive and is now in Prague.”

A cheer erupts at the news. Placing both mailed fists on the table the Duke leans forward and scans the crowd.

“He's declared independence from the Duchy and has given himself the title of Imperial Count of Bohemia.”

Reaching for the letter the Duke reads;

“And I quote;

“From this point onward, the County of Bohemia declares it’s independence from the Duchy of Austria!"

“He continues;

“This is a separation, not a rebellion. I will not raise a hand against my fellow Germans except to defend in defense of my lands. I swear to know now on the graves of my brothers that I will come to Vienna's aid, if you will let me.”

Looking at the two adjutants from Lorenz and Karl Zirn the Dukes hard gaze fall on Lorenz's.

“Tell Lorenz that I find Becker's lack of faith...”

taking time to find the word the Duke finally continues

“...disturbing.”

Grom's eyebrows shoot straight up at the choice of words. He leans over to Bane and whispers.

“£$^^%ing hell...'disturbing', what kind of $”£%ing new age bull$%”% is that.”

Handing the adjutant his orders the Duke places a hand on his shoulder. The steel plates begin groaning under the pressure being exerted by the Dukes prodigious strength.

“I want to know where his loyalties are immediately. If he is loyal to his House and Duke then he is order to retake Budapest immediately and prepare the city for Karl Zirn and Count Karolinger arrival.

If he's following this separatist line of reasoning...

The Duke eye's burn into the adjutant's head.

“then don't return.”

With that, the two adjutant's depart at break neck speed.

“Bane, take my retinue and pay Becker a visit. Explain the situation and my intentions too him.

Dismissed!”

RoadKill
10-14-2007, 20:11
A messanger swarms into the room breaking the tension, he reads a letter from Lorenz Zirn

Dear, Duke Arnold,
I may have proven my loyalty towards the Reich wrong many times, but I will never disgrace my family name, I will lay seige upon Budapust now, I'll make those imbecil rebels regret ever doing this, I'll rain hell on them. I will prove my loyalty back to you, even if it costs me hundreds of men.

I would like to remind you as well, Duke Arnold, I will be exterminating Budapust when I'm done with it.

Northnovas
10-14-2007, 21:47
I would like to remind you as well, Duke Arnold, I will be exterminating Budapust when I'm done with it.

Karl Zirn:

Would it not be best to punish the Rebels and sack for their income sparing the loyal citizens of the city?

RoadKill
10-14-2007, 21:55
I may reconsider it, but extermination is sounding the best, the fools have kicked me out of the city aslong as my troops, if I don't show them who their leader is, they might rebel again.