PDA

View Full Version : Connection Issues, help please.

yangsta
03-04-2007, 21:34
I have a wireless router that my laptop is connecte to. I have no problems hosting and playing games, but ironically.. I have problems joining games. What I mean by that, is that I can join their gameroom but when the game starts, thats where the connection issue begins. I see people finish loading, but after that nothing happens. I keep waiting and eventually a message pops up saying that I have "Possible Connection Problems Deteted." This never happens when I host games, only when I join other people's games.

Anyone know what I should do?

CoachAub
03-05-2007, 05:49
Are you on a wireless connection? Do you lose your connection every once in a while, doing other things online? For example the icon in your system tray reports that you have lost your network connection, etc. I would think that might be the case. If you're wireless, try a direct wired connect.

Whacker
03-05-2007, 06:06
Another thing to look at... I've seen numerous instances where people on wireless connections will experience an abnormally high ping every 3-5 seconds or so. If you know how run a constant ping from your command prompt and see if this happens, if it does try to update your drivers. I think some of this has been linked back to poor drivers, bad router firmware, and the Windows Wireless Zero Config service/tool. Good luck!

yangsta
03-05-2007, 23:05
hmm, but you see this has to do with joined games. When I host, there is no lagg that I experience or others. This is isolated to games I join where it seems to drop me out after afterone has loaded.

pike master
03-06-2007, 07:46
yur not alone i can think of a good list of players who have the same problem including myself.

yangsta
03-06-2007, 22:12
and.. no fix/workaround? :no:

Fenix7
03-06-2007, 23:24
Don't hold me for word but your wi-fi might be losing conection.
http://www.download3k.com/Network-tools/Dial-up-Connectivity/Download-Connection-Keeper.html

pike master
03-07-2007, 00:17
supposedly some fixes in the game code are supposed to remedy this but i dont know. currently im thinking about using a pppoe connection. but there could have been a security update from windows that could be causing the problem since i used to not have the problem. it seemed the problem began after i patched to 1.1