PDA

View Full Version : Welcome all

DVK901
03-06-2007, 19:08
Finally we have our own thread here at the .org...thank you very much.

Warmaster Horus
03-06-2007, 20:06
so how about posting some other threads such as info (d/l link in it of course), your campaigns, that kind of stuff
I just downloaded Roma Surrectum and will play it ASAP, after I copy RTW

The Foolish Horseman
03-06-2007, 22:02
Looks very good mates....well done

will play this weekend

busy organizing a VG:TW mod for rtw and m2

Lysander13
03-07-2007, 06:41
Finally we have our own thread here at the .org.

And well deserved i might add. I'm a big EB fan but this mod has cetainly caught alot of people's attention including my own. Good Luck with this mod as it has cetainly made an impressive debut.

Omanes Alexandrapolites
03-07-2007, 13:41
Looks very good guys - and even better it's all ready to be downloaded and installed. Thanks very much!

Warmaster Horus
03-07-2007, 15:16
Tried the mod, played a couple of turns, and have to say that it's pretty good. The Free peoples idea is great, I think.
Since Roma Surrectum concentrates (more or less) on the Legions(post-marian), wouldn't it be possible to make a provincial campaign with marian reforms already enabled?

tonyw
03-07-2007, 19:56
Thanks for the input. Great idea - one that we've thought of. At the moment we're quite a small team. We're looking at polishing the remaining factions in the current campaign first then moving onto this idea......unless someone joins us who can help get this started right now!!!

Rex_Pelasgorum
03-11-2007, 22:20
The mod is great and i like very much the Dacian Faction, my ancestors ~:)

I like also the battle AI, and the roman legions, it is the best mod if you want to play with the romans !

As a rewiew, i would say:

CAMPAIGN

The Mundus Magnus map is great indeed, the Big Map, altough aesthetically more appealing, it is not geographically accurate at all. As campaign map, i like the fact that it is balanced, also, the ideas with the rebels are simply BRILLIANT. 10 out of 10.

BATTLE

In battles, the AI is the best i have seen so farr... i have seen enemy cavalry succsesfuly outflank my forces, and i have seen enemy general wich does not commit suicide that easily. 10 out of 10

BALANCE

Except for the historicall major powers, the mod is quite balanced, and small factions do resist alot. But i think the Romans are overpowered, and the Seleucids also. It would be good to insert Bactria in the farr east, or even better the Mauryans (more exotic, by the way, and Vikrand made them..), to be a sort of counter to the Seleucids and make theyr empire harder to be kept intact, like in real history. Also, Sarmatia is very weak, the Bosphorans always conquer them. 8 out of 10

ECONOMY

If you are not Carthage or some Greek power, money wont be alot, but you will neither lack them. I like alot the economic sistem, and the money distribution. Also, i like that gold mines DO OFFER PROFIT, like in real history. 9 out of 10

HISTORICALL ACCURACY

Historicall accuracy is good, howewer some starting provinces for certain faction are a bit strange, but the idea of having unique roman legions is something awesome. 9 out of 10

DEPTH

Unfortunately, here the mod lacks quite alot. I would have expected a campaign script (with 4 turns per year mod, events, etc), more unique buildings, and some sort of guvernment types, like in RTR or EB. I think this is the big weak point of the mod. 5 out of 10 , i hope you will improve this part of the mod.

with respect,
Rex Pelasgorum

tonyw
03-11-2007, 23:02
Thanks for the input. All of this is stuff we're working on. We're working on faction balance, are going to introduce Bactria and further reskinning and enhancement of all factions. The depth will come through the leadership systems and traits, together with further work on AORs and the free peoples.

To be honest, a 4 turns per year script offers no advantages at all, as it will take long enough anyway to get to the sort of stage where Imperial legions should be being seen. Who would really play a campaign for 1000 turns?

Warmaster Horus
03-12-2007, 08:20
About the economy, I play as Rome, it is now 240(-ish) BC and I've got about 500K in my treasury. The unit cost and upkeep permits me to raise troops quickly, and then make loads of cash, somehow.
I saw in a preview that you were going to introduce the Roman Leadership system(Tribune-Legate-etc..). I understand the realistic POV, but are the ancillaries necessary? It could happen that my Legate with Legio II ancillary commands Legio IV Flavia Firma, for example.

Squid
03-12-2007, 14:40
The point is that if a commander is assigned a military rank and given a post they can't just decide they don't like it and go to another post. Think of it as adding some role playing so you can't just swap legions/commanders add-hoc around the map.

tonyw
03-12-2007, 17:17
The economy is getting sorted out - you won't be finding yourself with that sort of easy cash flow with the next update.