Jarardo
03-07-2007, 09:26
Updated For EB 1.2

Download Link for 1.2 version:

http://uploading.com/files/1daaba4c/ForceDiplomacy_1.2.rar/

Alternate Link:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9409109/EB/force%20diplomacy.zip

What this mod does:
This mini mod (V 1.2) will allow you to force the AI factions to agree to your diplomatic proposals in EB v 1.2

INSTALLATION!:First, backup your files! Files that need to be backed up are:
Rome - Total War\EB\Data\text\EXPORT_ADVICE
Rome - Total War\EB\Data\EXPORT_DESCR_ADVICE

The files should be extracted into your Rome - Total War\ directory, allow the extractor to overwrite all files! Or just "drop" the EB folder into your
Rome - Total War\ directory, and allow all files to be overwriten!

TO USE!: In order to use the force diplomacy script, you must first hit ESC, then game options, then click the "Reset Advisor" button, then click the checkmark to close the scroll!

Then have one of your diplomats engage the AI, you must then click on the"?"
button, the advisor will apear, with text that reads "You can force this faction to accept your offer by clicking on the "show me how" button." If it says something about victory conditions, YOU HAVE DONE IT WRONG! START OVER!

Click on the "Show me how button",
propose whatever you want, the AI will now accept it, as long as it has it! The AI will not give you things it doesn't have(Like money).

This will only work one time per use, if you wish to force the AI again, you must start the process over!

This should be save game compatable. If you get a bunch of flashing boxes around all your cities, you can get rid of them by clicking on one of the flashing cities, clicking the "?" button, and then hitting it a few more times! Thats it!

If you want to set up a Forced Diplomacy for another Mod, this link has some directions. If you read the whole post, and are still having problems, feel free to ask here and I'll be glad to help.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=85442

Changelog-.4-.41
Changed (almost) all periods "." To Exlamation points! "!"

.41-1.0 Re-adapted for EB changes.
1.0-1.2 Updated for 1.2 EB changes.

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for anything that may happen from your use of this mod. !

-Jarardo!

Warlord 11
03-07-2007, 10:07
I just downloaded it. It seems to be working. Thanks for this great minimod!:2thumbsup:

Velvet Elvis
03-07-2007, 13:58
after use, do you have to reset the advisor in order to activate the EB script again?

Thx for this mod btw!!! Much needed... now I can 'recreate' all the punic wars :P

The_Mark
03-07-2007, 15:44
No, you don't have to.

Jarardo
03-07-2007, 17:58
Glad its working for you guys

Dumbass
03-07-2007, 19:56
Does it work with 0.81? Or just 0.81a?

Dooz
03-07-2007, 21:19
Very cool, thanks Jarardo. And thanks Dimebag!

Sdragon
03-08-2007, 00:28
I've tested it, doesn't work for 0.81 unpatched I'm afraid.

Dumbass
03-10-2007, 17:05
I've tested it, doesn't work for 0.81 unpatched I'm afraid.

I tested too, and it does work for 0.81 unpatched.

Dumbass
03-17-2007, 12:35
Could someone link me to Dime's guide on using force diplomacy to not make it overpowering.

Wolfman
03-31-2007, 22:48
I think this would be good for trying to roleplay with factions.

Jarardo
04-01-2007, 00:57
Yeah, I sort of roleplay with it. If I force peace with a faction, I'll normaly make a big payment to them, and maybe a few more to keep the relations up. Sometimes I'll use it to create an alliance, anyway I just try to keep it fair, and use it to make the AI a little more diplomatic.

Veris
04-01-2007, 21:56
Hello, this mod is enormously useful in the type of game I'm playing now where I want to stay isolated for the first 30-40 years, my thanks to you.

However, I'm having a slight problem. I (Rome on VH/M) am bordered right next to the Averni at Mediolanum, Patavium, and Segesta (they basically border me almost entirely to the north/west/east). Even though they are at war with the Sweboz (who Im allied with) and Aedui, they continuously want to attack me. While I can force a peace with them thanks to the mod, there seems to be no way to keep it for they just turn around and siege everything again the next turn. I've tried most of the diplomatic options, including tribute (20k/10 turns even), threats, attack aedui, even kill off all of their invading armies, etc but it doesn't matter, they break their ceasefire the next chance they get to siege a city.

It worked fine earlier against the Aedui, who attacked me from Mediolanum, which I took and forced a peace with them. They weren't bordering me and haven't broken it yet.

Is there something I'm not doing right here? Or is this simply an unavoidable problem with the RTW engine and the A.I tendency to always seek out the human.

Jarardo
04-02-2007, 06:57
I'm glad it's been usefull to you!

I've had the same problem, I made Makedon an ally, and gave them a lot of provinces, however, they have a BIG problem with me holding Krete. They can't help but attack me every turn or two there, no matter what I give them. I just bribe them a lot, and hope they get over it.

There was an old guide on diplomacy, which is very old now, that suggested you need to offer the AI 2-3k per turn to keep the peace, or improve relations. This is what I do, sometimes it helps, but sometimes the AI gets a real hair in its butt about attacking you again and again. I use cheats for that money, though sometimes I do use my own money for big payoffs, to make it somewhat realistic, or roleplay.

So I just auto_win the constant battles on krete, unless it seems like it's going to be interesting.

And no, you're doing nothing wrong, the AI just sucks sometimes.

cyberVIP
04-02-2007, 07:46
Salut!
Is it compatible with `1st cohorts`?

Dumbass
04-02-2007, 16:01
It's compatible with all mods, BI and 0.81. I have found one problem, I offer to attack the arverni to aedui, and I demand money in exchange, however, when I activate the script and propose the deal to them, they do not accept it.

Jarardo
04-02-2007, 17:17
I assume if they don't have the money, they won't give it to you.

Dumbass
04-03-2007, 12:41
I assume if they don't have the money, they won't give it to you.

Yeah I found that out, those aedui must be in big debt.

Conqueror
04-06-2007, 12:16
I love this mod, it allowed me (as Seleukeia) to restore the rebelled Baktrian satrapy (ie make it a protectorate). I don't consider it an abuse, since I'd won every battle against the Baktrians and taken three of their cities, including Baktra. So they were down to three provinces, one of which my spy caused to rebel and another which was ungarrisoned and on the brink of revolt, and I had an army ready to hit their capital in 1 turns time. I figured that under those circumstances they should be begging for peace.

Barigos
04-06-2007, 13:23
It would be cool,if this "force_diplomacy" worked depending on some AI faction's parameters i.e. :Treasury,number of settlements,military force,number of enemies and others.The idea is that if a faction is in poor situation,it would accept your demands(Force_diplomacy works).But if the faction is strong enough,you couldn't demand anything(to prevent players from overuse it).Or switch it on only if your diplomat is "polished" or "expert". I believe something is possible via scripts/traits.Just thoughts:)

Dyabedes of Aphrodisias
04-06-2007, 23:21
I downloaded it, but I can't get them to ever accept the deal.

I reset the advisor, go try to make a deal, click on the question mark, the advisor says "you can force this faction...", I click Show Me How, and I try to make the deal, but they never want to. I was just trying it out, seeing if I could make somebody pay me 500 mnai/turn for nothing, but they always try a counteroffer or get pissed at me.

Am I doing something wrong? I tryed with several factions, restarting the process each time.

pezhetairoi
04-07-2007, 08:40
sorry, but what exactly does this mod do? It's not very clearly stated...

Conqueror
04-07-2007, 09:26
pezhetairoi: It allows you to force an AI faction to accept a proposal made by your diplomat.

Dyabedes of Aphrodisias: Are you clicking the "show me how" button when the negotiation screen is up, or did you do it before your diplomat started the talks? If you did everything right then it may be that the AI faction doesn't have enough money to fullfil your demand, or doesn't think that it's income in the future will suffice. (Remember that in EB the factions economy is mostly based on scripted free money, and the AI doesn't know it's going to be getting all those freebies. And it doesn't know how to disband units either, so it probably looks at it's income/outcome calculations and thinks that it'll be broke soon, like most player-controlled factions will become without disbanding expensive units/fleets.)

Also, it should be mentioned that RTW has/had a bug (not sure if it's been fixed) whereby if you failed a negotiation (for what ever reason) then all further negotiations will automatically fail until next turn.

deadmeat36
04-08-2007, 02:26
Do you have to click the advisor before or after you make the proposal

Dyabedes of Aphrodisias
04-08-2007, 02:53
pezhetairoi: It allows you to force an AI faction to accept a proposal made by your diplomat.

Dyabedes of Aphrodisias: Are you clicking the "show me how" button when the negotiation screen is up, or did you do it before your diplomat started the talks? If you did everything right then it may be that the AI faction doesn't have enough money to fullfil your demand, or doesn't think that it's income in the future will suffice. (Remember that in EB the factions economy is mostly based on scripted free money, and the AI doesn't know it's going to be getting all those freebies. And it doesn't know how to disband units either, so it probably looks at it's income/outcome calculations and thinks that it'll be broke soon, like most player-controlled factions will become without disbanding expensive units/fleets.)

Also, it should be mentioned that RTW has/had a bug (not sure if it's been fixed) whereby if you failed a negotiation (for what ever reason) then all further negotiations will automatically fail until next turn.
I clicked it after I started the talks.

That's probably it. Perhaps I'll try on the Ptolemies because they're immensely rich now.

I never knew about that bug...I might have to watch out for that.

[EDIT] Yeah, it's definitely working. I feel like a jedi now.

The Celt
04-10-2007, 18:18
I downloaded it, but I can't get them to ever accept the deal.

I reset the advisor, go try to make a deal, click on the question mark, the advisor says "you can force this faction...", I click Show Me How, and I try to make the deal, but they never want to. I was just trying it out, seeing if I could make somebody pay me 500 mnai/turn for nothing, but they always try a counteroffer or get pissed at me.

Am I doing something wrong? I tryed with several factions, restarting the process each time.
You need to offer something as well, like map info or trade rights. You can't just make a demand without an offer since the script doesn't work that way. Same goes for giving gifts, the script won't help you make the AI accept a gift either.:sweatdrop:

Shifty_GMH
05-21-2007, 17:40
Is this Minimod compatible with the new v0.81a v2?

Dumbass
05-21-2007, 18:39
Yes, since the script alters nothing and is something completely new added to the mod.

Shifty_GMH
05-21-2007, 20:08
Yes, since the script alters nothing and is something completely new added to the mod.

Ok. Good to know. Thanks.

TruePraetorian
07-22-2007, 00:34
Does this work for a vanilla v1.5 rtw with Mundus Magnus as a map?

Bootsiuv
07-27-2007, 04:04
Vanilla RTW? Yuck. That's blasphemy 'round here. :P

Anyways, as for your question, I have no idea. Why not just download EB (or XGM is also very good, and not nearly as big)? If you have dial-up, use net transport so you can continue dling even if you get kicked off, or sign off for that matter. I only have dial-up, and net transport allowed me to dl EB in just under 21 hours. :)

w00t! After a year and a half....I'm officially a member. Awesome. I can edit my posts now. :)

Ice
07-28-2007, 09:24
Vanilla RTW? Yuck. That's blasphemy 'round here. :P

What, you don't like the unwashed barbarians, the head throwing united Brits, and the ancient Egyptians from the Mummy? Shame on you!

Shifty_GMH
10-12-2007, 15:02
Will the FD mod work with EB 1.0?

Jarardo
10-13-2007, 04:04
I'm getting RTW installed again, and if it doesn't work, I'll get it working.

Jarardo
10-13-2007, 16:09
Updated

:balloon2: :whip: ~:cheers:

:feedback:

Shifty_GMH
10-14-2007, 15:37
Excellent. Thank you! :2thumbsup:

Reno Melitensis
10-16-2007, 20:50
Dear Jarardo, I am in need of your mod. Where can I find the .81a version of your mini mod, cause I am knee deep in shit.:help:

Cheers.

ZinedineZidane
10-16-2007, 21:15
isnt there already a cheat in the console where u type force_diplomacy [accept][decline][off]

Jarardo
10-17-2007, 00:56
Dear Jarardo, I am in need of your mod. Where can I find the .81a version of your mini mod, cause I am knee deep in shit.:help:

Here's a link for the .081a version (The version number is .41). http://files.filefront.com/ForceDiplomacy+041zip/;6877433;/fileinfo.html

I just left it up with my other files on File Front, so if you're ever looking for a past version just look at my page there, same username.

isnt there already a cheat in the console where u type force_diplomacy [accept][decline][off]

There is, but it only works as a script, hence this mod. :beam:

Excellent. Thank you!

Your welcome Shifty, thanks for the thank you :)

tonedog
10-17-2007, 11:30
so whats the main purpose of this mod and why do people use it?

Warmaster Horus
10-17-2007, 15:15
The title says it all, really: this mod makes it possible for the player to get of the Computer anything in the Diplomacy Screen, even if you ask the Comp to give you all their cities in exchange for 100 Mnai.

Why I use it is to make the game more fair and logical. I'm sorry, but if I were Rome, and Epeiros had conquered all the towns of Italy except Roma, and Epeiros proposed a cease-fire in exchange for some money, I think I would accept. Unfortunately, it happens that the computer doesn't accept, even in those circumstances. Hence the use of this mod.

It could be perceived as a cheat, but it just depends how you use it.

Jarardo
10-18-2007, 01:31
I use it to make the AI more rational, just as the above poster said, in situations where it's just being mule headed. I sort of role-play with it, so I don't feel like I'm cheating with it, I don't make illogical desicions for the AI.

But if someone wants to, and they enjoy that type of play, more power to them!

Meneldil
10-22-2007, 21:55
Well, unhappilly, it doesn't fix the AI. I've been crushing the Carthies as Roma, and despite loads of defeats, they wouldn't accept peace. So I downloaded your mod, forced a ceasefire.

Thing is, as someone pointed out, they keep attacking me, during each AI turn. Kinda annoying, I did my best to roleplay this campaign, but if they keep sending stacks to take back Carthago, I'll probably have to destroy the whole faction :-/

I might also try to force a Lusotanian/Carthaginian war, it might solve my issues for a few years.

Leão magno
10-22-2007, 22:58
is fd already moded for EB 1.0?

Jarardo
10-23-2007, 01:06
is fd already moded for EB 1.0?

Yes

Leão magno
10-23-2007, 02:50
Great, now I can try to talk with the Pharao! Thanks Jarardo

The Celt
10-25-2007, 22:31
Well, unhappilly, it doesn't fix the AI. I've been crushing the Carthies as Roma, and despite loads of defeats, they wouldn't accept peace. So I downloaded your mod, forced a ceasefire.

Thing is, as someone pointed out, they keep attacking me, during each AI turn. Kinda annoying, I did my best to roleplay this campaign, but if they keep sending stacks to take back Carthago, I'll probably have to destroy the whole faction :-/

I might also try to force a Lusotanian/Carthaginian war, it might solve my issues for a few years.
Have you tried pulling a "Treaty of Versailles"?:idea2:

Next time you ask for a ceasefire, demand a majority of their settlements in exchange for protectorate stasis, and large regular payment for a few years.(So all their money will go back to you, and they can't build huge stacks so often.) Next, destroy all (or most) of their economic buildings within the towns you just took,(Except the ones you want to keep!) and give them back to Carthage.(With a huge price tag of course.) :yes:

Also, be sure to do all of this this after you've thrashed them fair-and-square. I.e when you've killed their best stacks, sacked their capital, and killed most of their FM. Otherwise the above would be cheating. From the campaign you've described it sounds like you did most of this so this is more of a general shout-out to newbies looking for tips!

PS:You might also want to station some of your legions around a few of their towns in case the Puni decide to rebel. Might make for a good punching bag for fresh units and Generals though...:smash:

Leão magno
10-26-2007, 10:46
The case is that action would also take the fun away since it would make the faction too weak to defend itself from others... I still find that the best way for Romans to deal with Carthage is the historical ones, taking her possessions in the islands and making a cease fire just after destroying her fleets

The Celt
10-27-2007, 02:19
The case is that action would also take the fun away since it would make the faction too weak to defend itself from others... I still find that the best way for Romans to deal with Carthage is the historical ones, taking her possessions in the islands and making a cease fire just after destroying her fleets
Apparently, you missed the point. He wants them to be weaker, so they aren't spamming him with full stacks all the time. Besides, he'll have his hands full with other factions like the AS and Sweboz later on. Heck, keeping Carthage around at all will give him a nice vacation compared to what lies beyond.:laugh4:

Olaf The Great
11-01-2007, 05:56
Just so you guys the know, the "worst" thing I've done with this, is get every single city a faction has, and "switch" starting positions, to see what happens.

I switched Getai and Seleukia, and gave getai bout' 10000d, then let them "rebuild" there.

They're pretty interesting to fight against.

Rich, even after the starting money burned up.

There is a constant rebelling problem for like 5 years, but with a steady cash flow the AI actually does better.

BTW. They do change capitols, but it takes liek 2 turns, so after those 2 turns you can switch the capitols too.

The Celt
11-02-2007, 02:56
Just so you guys the know, the "worst" thing I've done with this, is get every single city a faction has, and "switch" starting positions, to see what happens.

I switched Getai and Seleukia, and gave getai bout' 10000d, then let them "rebuild" there.

They're pretty interesting to fight against.

Rich, even after the starting money burned up.

There is a constant rebelling problem for like 5 years, but with a steady cash flow the AI actually does better.

BTW. They do change capitols, but it takes liek 2 turns, so after those 2 turns you can switch the capitols too.
LOL I'd love to see that screen shot!:yes:

MerlinusCDXX
11-03-2007, 23:15
is this savegame compatible?

MarcusAureliusAntoninus
11-03-2007, 23:37
is this savegame compatible?
Yes.

MerlinusCDXX
11-03-2007, 23:52
Yes.

ok thanks:2thumbsup:

Mouzafphaerre
11-04-2007, 04:35
As a suppliant to my role-playing, I've decided to install this mod. ~:) I expect it will improve the limited usefulness of the diplomacy unfeature. Thanks. :bow:

Olaf The Great
11-04-2007, 05:56
LOL I'd love to see that screen shot!:yes:
It was in 8.1av2, so I don't have it anymore, however, once I get EB1 set up on my comp, I'll do it again, just for you.

BTW is there anyway to uninstall EB without have to do a 2 hour uninstallation?
Really, I don't care about no damn "MDS integrity" or "securing blah blah".

Really, I screwed up the install so many times and now I can't get back to square one to do it again!

bovi
11-05-2007, 22:24
Yes. Just delete the EB directory, done in a few minutes. Keep in mind that you then can only reinstall by using 7-zip, though.

Tiberius of the Drake
11-06-2007, 17:52
is it compatible with TW fanatics chariot/phalanx/elephant mod?

MarcusAureliusAntoninus
12-07-2007, 00:57
Bumping so it can be easily be found by new people, and since I, personally, find it quite useful.

Jarardo
12-07-2007, 01:44
is it compatible with TW fanatics chariot/phalanx/elephant mod?

It's compatible with any EB 1.0 mod that doesn't alter either of these files:

To find out if a given mod alters any given file, you just basically look in the mod folder at all the files and see if those files are included. If there's an installer, you can use a program like 7-Zip to look inside of it.

Anyone feel free to ask if you need any help with this.

Mouzafphaerre
12-07-2007, 03:07
Bumping so it can be easily be found by new people, and since I, personally, find it quite useful.
Using the personal stickies function (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?do=personalsticky&t=80763) helps for old timers. :yes:

TWFanatic
12-07-2007, 03:09
Yes it is compatible.

Just wanted to drop by and say great mod Jarardo. ~:thumb:

Moosemanmoo
12-09-2007, 02:29
THANK GOD! I can finally call a truce with Egypt and Carthage (I'm Macedon)

They've been rejecting my "empty words" and "mock philosophies" for about 10 years, despite me having repeatedly warned them I am going to attack unless they accept a bloody ceasefire! Carthage has one territory in spain and Egypt has one in syria and the other in the southern nile. I figured any sane person would be begging for peace?:shakehands:

Might get me some protectorates along the way... :bounce:

fenix3279
12-13-2007, 20:10
I'm having some trouble getting the mod to work. I downloaded it from filefront under a compressed folder and sent it to my RTW directory. Afterwards, I extracted all of the compressed folder's contents. I also made extra copies of those two files that you were supposed to make back-ups with. I did all of this out of the EB/data folder. Anyway, what am I supposed to do afterwards? Everytime I try to manually replace the old files by deleting
the old Rome - Total War\EB\Data\EXPORT_DESCR_ADVICE with the new one from the file I downloaded, I keep getting kicked back to my desktop when I try to play. The other one (Rome - Total War\EB\Data\text\EXPORT_ADVICE) seems to work alright when I replace it with the new one and try to play it.
I'm really bummed out. I was looking foward to an age of peace after being at war with 4 neighboring factions for 45+ years :help: . I'm running out of options fellas. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Just in cased I screwed up, I would be happy if someone could basically walk me through it since I am (obviously) technologically challenged. I haven't deleted anything but might have somethings out of place. It's got me completely stumped. If I'm not being completely clear on explaining the problem, let me know and I'll do my best to re-describe the situation. Thanks for any help.

fenix3279
12-13-2007, 22:00
No reply? :shame:

fenix3279
12-14-2007, 01:47
Oops. I realized my mistake. Haha nevermind, it's working great now. Awesome mod!:yes:

IndianPrince
12-26-2007, 15:47
Hey guys,
just a lil question. Well i downloaded the mod & it worked fine but when i restarted my game like 2 hours later then it wasn't working as well. I mean it works sometimes & sometimes it doesn't. And i know it works sometimes cuz just to know that its working perfectly i asked an absurd 5 cities from the AS & the y gave it for nothing in return. So whats this about ???

Prince

MarcusAureliusAntoninus
12-27-2007, 01:13
Did you follow the instructions of always 'resetting' the advisor after every use?

IndianPrince
12-27-2007, 02:33
do we have 2 do that even when we dont need to force diplomacy ?

Prince

sycander
02-19-2008, 17:51
doesnt work for me.

Can we use it with EB on ALX.exe and RTW french version?

IndianPrince
02-22-2008, 03:06
NVM ... This is kinda late. But this mini-mod ROX ! :)

Prince

Gaius Iulius Tabernarius
02-25-2008, 22:43
I am having a problem with this, I can’t find my Rome - Total War\ directory
I just got a new computer with vista and I went looking for it,

My directory is CA not activation, but for the life of me I can’t find it and because of this I can’t use this mod, I am sick of my enemy’s refusing to submit! I want buffer states, protectorates and the ability to play factions off each other.

Please help me divide and conquer.

Seden
02-27-2008, 18:02
Same there, sound it doesn't work with alex.exe :(

Gaius Iulius Tabernarius : Have you tried searching your sys for rtw.exe ?

Jarardo
02-28-2008, 01:40
I am having a problem with this, I can’t find my Rome - Total War\ directory
I just got a new computer with vista and I went looking for it,

My directory is CA not activation, but for the life of me I can’t find it and because of this I can’t use this mod, I am sick of my enemy’s refusing to submit! I want buffer states, protectorates and the ability to play factions off each other.

Please help me divide and conquer.

Go to your start bar, then all programs, then go to wherever your icon/shortcut is for RTW. Right click on the Icon that starts RTW, and click "Properties". On the properties screen, select "Find Target" and it should open up your RTW directory.

DisposableHero
02-29-2008, 00:10
I cannot seem to get this to work at all, though I have followed the instructions to the letter. I extracted into my Rome folder, replacing the two EB files. Loading up my game I activate the EB script, hit escape, go to the game options menu, check reset advisor, click accept changes, click return to game, initiate diplomacy, hit the question mark and get only the faction victory conditions. can anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong?

MarcusAureliusAntoninus
02-29-2008, 03:11
I cannot seem to get this to work at all, though I have followed the instructions to the letter. I extracted into my Rome folder, replacing the two EB files. Loading up my game I activate the EB script, hit escape, go to the game options menu, check reset advisor, click accept changes, click return to game, initiate diplomacy, hit the question mark and get only the faction victory conditions. can anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong?
Did you install it to the correct place? (The EB folder and not the vanilla folder?)

DisposableHero
02-29-2008, 11:03
Aha. I suspect this may be the problem. D'oh. Cheers.

EDIT: Nope, still no luck. Extracting into Rome - Total War\ merges the EB files, replacing the necessary ones. Extracting into the EB folder merely creates a second EB folder with the ForceDiplomacy files within the main one, naturally.

EDIT2: Interseting - and possibly related - point none of the 1.0 fixes I applied seem to work, either.

MarcusAureliusAntoninus
03-01-2008, 23:04
Do you have Vista and RTW is within the "Program Files" directory?

DisposableHero
03-02-2008, 12:33
Yes I do, and yes it is.

MarcusAureliusAntoninus
03-03-2008, 01:04
Vista prevents you from making changes to or replacing any files that are withing the "Program Files" directory. This is the main problem with Vista that people have been talking about.

You can try deleting/renaming the files that need to be replaced and then installing this minimod. That way, Vista won't stop any file from being replace because it thinks you are only adding completely new files.

(And if you ever uninstall RTW and reinstall, I suggest installing it to a personal directory which is different from "Program Files".)

Ymarsakar
03-03-2008, 01:18
When I upgraded to Vista, I just copied the entire RTW folder, complete with EB, over to my C drive from the old computer's hard drive. It ran just fine. So if you can copy or move the RTW out of the Program Files, it may work like that.

DisposableHero
03-03-2008, 14:08
Ah, right. I'll try both options, thanks.

Fingon NL
03-08-2008, 15:53
Is there any other site with instructions how to modify this to work with BI?
Because it doesn't work when I just copy the files, and twcenter.net is down :/

Danzifuge
03-27-2008, 12:19
the only thing this mod is missing is a script that forces the ai to not be able to declare war for a set amount of turns. i would personally pay big money to see someone come up with such a script. or even a mod that created migrating attitudes caused by diplomatic negotiations and alliances that would factor into whether a faction might declare war or accept your proposals.

Strategos Alexandros
03-27-2008, 13:08
I think that would need a different game. :wall:

Danzifuge
03-29-2008, 14:39
I think that would need a different game. :wall:
yeah i was thinking about civ4's diplomacy. if they came out with a game that combined civ4's diplomacy, ai, and technology model with rtw's battles, characters, and strat map it would be the perfect game.

Laevex
03-31-2008, 16:37
Thanks for a hugely useful mod! Great for role-playing!

Horst Nordfink
04-08-2008, 23:02
Any idea if this mod works on EBv1.1?

Jarardo
04-09-2008, 00:04
It probably won't. If 1.1 alters either of these files:
Then it wont work.

I'm downloading 1.1 now, and I'll get it updated as soon as I can.

QuintusSertorius
04-09-2008, 10:06
I hope it's not too complicated an update, so it's available soon. I really need to stop the green death and prevent Makedonia turning into a power in Asia Minor, rather than Greece.

According to some people, it works already in 1.1. I've backed up my files and I'll give it a try.

EDIT: It works just fine. I still do the usual save/load after switching settlements around, since it always seems to CTD afterwards if I don't.

Reno Melitensis
04-09-2008, 18:35
It works perfectly with EB 1.1.

Cheeers

QuintusSertorius
04-14-2008, 13:51
Someone did a cleaned-up version for 1.1 as well.

Does FD work with running BI as your executable? I'm just about to give BI.exe a try in my current game and FD is vital to how I play.

Darth Stalin
04-14-2008, 17:51
Yes.
FD works OK with al 3 engines: RTW.exe, BI.exe and ALX.exe.

Olaf The Great
04-17-2008, 23:36
Its basically impossible to play this game without Forced Diplomacy.

Best mod here just because of that.

Heh.

Mediolanicus
04-21-2008, 08:01
Someone did a cleaned-up version for 1.1 as well.

Where can I find that cleaned-up version please? I know the 1.0version works too, but I'm thinking I'm going to miss some newly added advice (like about the Casse invasion); or am I wrong about that?

Pezlu
04-21-2008, 13:18
Where can I find that cleaned-up version please? I know the 1.0version works too, but I'm thinking I'm going to miss some newly added advice (like about the Casse invasion); or am I wrong about that?
I second your question.

By comparing the files I saw there was at least a newly added advice missing from Force Diplomacy files. I tried to make a cleaned-up version myself but it doesn't work, I don't know why... I even tried to redo it following the instructions found here (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=85442) (from the first post of this thread), but still nothing.

I follow the instructions (reset advisor, engage diplomat, click "?", click the show-me-how button, propose something the AI would certainly refuse without the minimod, and it STILL refuses). The advisor says the correct thing, about the force diplomacy mod, so I've not forgot a passage, apparently...

QuintusSertorius
04-21-2008, 13:57
Doing it in the wrong order; there has to be a proposal already there before you enable the script. It's the penultimate thing you do befpre clicking on the propose button.

Pezlu
04-21-2008, 14:04
Doing it in the wrong order; there has to be a proposal already there before you enable the script. It's the penultimate thing you do befpre clicking on the propose button.
Thanks, I've also tried to do that in different orders, but maybe I've missed that one... I'll try.

If it works I'll upload the cleaned-up version.

Pezlu
04-21-2008, 17:38
Nope, still doesn't work.
If someone has a cleaned up 1.1 version that works please upload it :P

QuintusSertorius
04-21-2008, 21:04
Nope, still doesn't work.
If someone has a cleaned up 1.1 version that works please upload it :P

Here (http://files.filefront.com/force+diplomacyzip/;10051797;/fileinfo.html)'s the one I've got.

Pezlu
04-21-2008, 21:25
Here (http://files.filefront.com/force+diplomacyzip/;10051797;/fileinfo.html)'s the one I've got.

Thanks! :2thumbsup:
I'll try it tomorrow; I guess it works for you, right?

QuintusSertorius
04-21-2008, 21:28
Thanks! :2thumbsup:
I'll try it tomorrow; I guess it works for you, right?

Yep, although the 1.0 version worked perfectly fine in my 1.1 installation (in rtw.exe and bi.exe) as well.

Pezlu
04-22-2008, 13:37
Yep, although the 1.0 version worked perfectly fine in my 1.1 installation (in rtw.exe and bi.exe) as well.
Now it works, thanks again! :2thumbsup:

ziegenpeter
04-23-2008, 17:05
Sorry, I think I got the whole thing wrong, but isn't using this mod like cheating?

Mediolanicus
04-23-2008, 17:29
It could be cheating, if you use it that way.

RTW AI is just to dumb to work with diplomacy, so with this mod we can counter this. You must keep yourselves to some house-rules if you don't want to cheat ofcourse.

I personally use the mod to make the other factions accept a regular tribute from me, so that they won't attack me right away. I also use it to sue for peace, but only if I'm winning. Because th AI is too stubborn to accept a peace treaty even when they are down to one 1 region, that's being sieged by an army 3 times as big as what they've got left.

QuintusSertorius
04-23-2008, 17:39
Absolutely, the AI seems to be geared to this totally ahistorical notion that only total destruction is grounds for peace. Whereas in the Hellenic world negotiated peaces were commonplace. People would go to war simply to change the terms of the last negotiated peace, the whole thing was highly stylised.

ziegenpeter
04-23-2008, 19:32
And how do you decide what do you give to them in return? I mean when you're losing and you offer peace for a tribute, how much do you offer?
EDIT: I can't start a new campain with FD and the trivial script. It always says "Please select an item from the list"...?

QuintusSertorius
04-23-2008, 20:49
And how do you decide what do you give to them in return? I mean when you're losing and you offer peace for a tribute, how much do you offer?
EDIT: I can't start a new campain with FD and the trivial script. It always says "Please select an item from the list"...?

You're doing something wrong then, because I'm using the TrivialScript and FD works perfectly fine. It doesn't even use the same script as the EBBS.

ziegenpeter
04-23-2008, 20:53
Dammit! Maybe because I'm using the ALX.exe? I forgot to make backups, of course...
I just dropped the EB folder of the download into my rome folder and clicked "yes to all". Then I start the game > Single Player > EB Main Campaign then there is a pop-up box ["Please select an item from the list" checkmark]
EDIT:
I know I don't deserve it, cause I'm an idiot, but could someone plz upload the backup files?

Pezlu
04-23-2008, 21:30
Dammit! Maybe because I'm using the ALX.exe? I forgot to make backups, of course...
I just dropped the EB folder of the download into my rome folder and clicked "yes to all". Then I start the game > Single Player > EB Main Campaign then there is a pop-up box ["Please select an item from the list" checkmark]
EDIT:
I know I don't deserve it, cause I'm an idiot, but could someone plz upload the backup files?
If you want to play with ALX.exe you must not use the trivial script, because it automatically links to RTW.exe. You should make a custom shortcut to ALX.exe... see the first post in the ALX thread for details :yes:

This also means: if you actually want to play with ALX.exe, just reinstall the minimod and use the custom shortcut. NEVER start the game with trivial script... I think it's still safe to use it to change preferences and such, but I'm not completely sure.

You only need the backup files if you want to revert to RTW.exe

ziegenpeter
04-23-2008, 22:04
Thanks but it worked perfectly with the trivialscript and ALX.exe before I installed FD... And since FD should work with the trivial script and with ALX.exe I don't see what causes this bug.

Pezlu
04-23-2008, 23:48
Thanks but it worked perfectly with the trivialscript and ALX.exe before I installed FD... And since FD should work with the trivial script and with ALX.exe I don't see what causes this bug.

When you're starting the game with trivial script, it automatically uses RTW.exe AND reverts some files back to the default ones.

I think the problem lies in the reverted map.rwm; go the your "C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\EB\Data\world\maps\base"
folder (as default) and delete (or rename) map.rwm; than make a custom shortcut following the instructions in the ALX thread, which I quote here:

Go to EB shortcut - left clck on the shortcut and chose properties - then - change the Target by copy-paste method (if your RTW is in default install folder)
"C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-ALX.exe" -mod:eb -show_err -nm -noalexander

or for 64-bit systems
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-ALX.exe" -mod:eb -show_err -nm -noalexander

or for the ones that use different install folder - just edit the end of the target like this ...\RomeTW-ALX.exe" -mod:eb -noalexander
If you use the trivial script you will revert map.rwm again, so avoid using it.

QuintusSertorius
04-23-2008, 23:57
I tend to delete the ones in the sp/mp folders anyway, they're more trouble than they're worth, and it's not exactly hard to generate a new one.

ziegenpeter
04-24-2008, 04:06
Check out ebconfig.xml file in Rome folder.

Find
Code:

<Element> <ID>RtwStart</ID> <Type>String</Type> <Values> <Text>RomeTW.exe -mod:eb</Text> </Values> </Element>

Change RomeTW.exe to whatever you like.

That is ALX.exe
I did this and tried it out and it seemed to work. ?

Pezlu
04-24-2008, 08:16
I did this and tried it out and it seemed to work. ?
It should work, but the actual name of the exe is "rometw-alx.exe", not just "alx.exe"... at least, in my installation it's so :inquisitive:

Also, you should add "-noalexander" there:

rometw-alx.exe -mod:eb -noalexander

ziegenpeter
04-24-2008, 14:18
I renamed "rometw-alx.exe" to "alx.exe". Where should I add "-noalexander" in ebconfig.xml file ?
EDIT: YESSS! Its all fine now! THX a lot!

/Bean\
04-24-2008, 17:19
I've tried both the origional and Quintus' version, and both CTD during the initial EB loading screen. Any known reason?

Littleboots
04-24-2008, 22:19
Hi, I can't seem to get the Force Diplomacy mod to work. I've installed the latest version in the right places, I even checked it against Dime's explanation that was linked earlier in this thread, and I've followed the instructions seemingly to a T, but I don't even get the right text box. So:

I've installed the scripts to the proper places.
I started a new game, just in case that might have had something to do with it.
I reset the advisor (level of advice doesn't have anything to do with it, does it?)
Clicked the checkmark to accept changes.
Started diplo
Put an offer on the table
Clicked the "?"

And then I still get Victory Condition text. Like I said, I've followed the installation instructs perfectly, or so I thought. Its in the directory its supposed to be, and still nothing. Any ideas or am I simply SOL?

EDIT: Also, it seems to *want* to bring the right advisor up, as I can click on it once and nothing happens. If I wait a while and click again, it is only then that the victory conditions advisor up.

Gaias
04-24-2008, 22:50
Have you tried this (http://files.filefront.com/force+diplomacyzip/;10051797;/fileinfo.html) one in its place?

Littleboots
04-24-2008, 22:55
Looks like the exact same one, but I suppose it can't hurt to try it. Thanks.

QuintusSertorius
04-25-2008, 00:31
I've installed the scripts to the proper places.
I started a new game, just in case that might have had something to do with it.
I reset the advisor (level of advice doesn't have anything to do with it, does it?)
Clicked the checkmark to accept changes.
Started diplo
Put an offer on the table
Clicked the "?"

Then you click on "show me how"
Then click on the face to get rid of it
Then click on "offer proposal"

Provided it was something within the AI's power to give and not too outrageous, it should have been done.

/Bean\
04-25-2008, 16:37
anyone know why mine CTD's?

Irishmafia2020
05-01-2008, 22:29
Force Diplomacy is not working for some reason in my campaign. The thing is, that it has worked the entire time until now, and I am not doing anything different. I am trying to gift a province to one of my allies, and the response has been "no thanks, we have nothing of equal value" or something like that. The odd thing is that I have previously given them two other provinces using force diplomacy, and I do not understand why they are refusing my offers. They are also refusing money, so I am very frusterated and I do not understand how this mod could suddenly stop working. Has anyone else experienced this phenomenoh?

Lovejoy
05-01-2008, 23:37
try and give the settlements in exchange of something, like 100mnai, instead of offering it as a gift. :juggle2:

QuintusSertorius
05-01-2008, 23:48
anyone know why mine CTD's?

You mean on clicking next turn after doing some FD? I've taken to doing an automatic save-load if I've changed settlement ownership. For some reason if I don't it always CTDs. Same goes for fighting a battle immediately after mucking about with FD. Once you've done your stuff, save, then load that saved game.

/Bean\
05-08-2008, 14:23
no, mine CTD's on the origional start up screen, before the videos start

Illian the Mediocre
05-15-2008, 09:25
Couldn't you just use the force_diplomacy accept cheat in the console or doesn't this work in EB?

QuintusSertorius
05-15-2008, 09:44
Couldn't you just use the force_diplomacy accept cheat in the console or doesn't this work in EB?

It was disabled by the 1.5 patch. Same goes with perfect_spy.

/Bean\
05-16-2008, 17:42
there was a perfect spy cheat?! damn lol

NavinKumar
05-26-2008, 08:26
Hey I clicked on the link but can't seem to get it to start downloading...Perhaps could someone send me the files in the zip file via email or something? navinkumarpk@hotmail.com Thanks yea, I would be eternally grateful...:help:

QuintusSertorius
05-26-2008, 11:28
there was a perfect spy cheat?! damn lol

You can still use it via the generic script. Press F1, click on the ? then do the usual when the advisor pops up.

QuintusSertorius
06-14-2008, 23:41
Instructions:

Step by step, this is how you use it.

1) Install the mod in the right place. That includes a little file in the data\scripts\show me how folder.
2) In the game, press Esc to open up the menu, click on Game Options
3) Check the "Reset Advisor" box, then click on the tick icon

You have to do steps 2 and 3 every time you want to use FD, and it only works once. If you mess up the later steps, you have to do them again.

4) Open a dialogue with an AI faction with your diplomat.
5) Set up a proposal that's capable of being offered with the scroll icon, and not just the hand. It must be in a complete state that you're ready to offer.
6) Before clicking the scroll, click on the "?" button.
7) When the face appears, click on the "show me how" button underneath it, then the face to make the popup disappear.
8) Click on the propose button; if it worked the cursor should turn to egg-timer for a moment.
9) If settlements are suddenly flashing, double click on one, click the "?" then click on the "X" on the popup to get rid of it.

If you do anything out of order, it won't work and you'll have to start from step 2) again. If you offer something they can't actually accept, it won't work and you'll have to do everything again and come up with a new proposal.

Each time you want to use it, you have to go from step 2).

Che Roriniho
07-09-2008, 09:27
Does that one above work? filefront isn't working for me atm.

darkangel87
07-31-2008, 11:31
I´m currently playing a Macedonia-campaign on EB 1.1 (RTW.exe) and I´m in the year 213 B.C. I regularly updated the EB 1.1-Fixes in my game and the campaign is running solidly. Is it possible to install the "Force Diplomacy Minimod" (although it is designed for EB 1.0) to my campaign without invalidating the fixes or crashing my game?

Thank you in advance for your answer(s)

Best regards,
Marcel

darkangel87
07-31-2008, 12:23
P.S. Should I install the version with over 100KB or the version with just 20KB from filefront?

Atraphoenix
08-08-2008, 07:36
I´m currently playing a Macedonia-campaign on EB 1.1 (RTW.exe) and I´m in the year 213 B.C. I regularly updated the EB 1.1-Fixes in my game and the campaign is running solidly. Is it possible to install the "Force Diplomacy Minimod" (although it is designed for EB 1.0) to my campaign without invalidating the fixes or crashing my game?

I used it with rome.exe without any problem but of course you must count normal a CTD in every 20- 30 turns.

Now I am using the great mod of Ferromancer , BI. for EB. I tried to use FD with his mod but I even could not open my campaign :sorry2: no hoppe for BI.exe

Alexander IV Aegus
08-19-2008, 08:26
Is this mod compatible with EB version 1.1? I'm playing as the Romani and am really far into the campaign. I don't want to start a new campaign so is the mod retroactive? Btw my RTW is the gold edition with BI too. Will that be a problem as it wasn't with EB 1.1.

Strategos Alexandros
08-19-2008, 19:34
Force diplomacy works with 1.1 and gold edition. It could be retroactive but I don't know.

Captain Pugwash
11-12-2008, 23:29
does this work on bribing generals? The rebels always seen to have high command leaders very useful - if it works? Not having much success at the moment though. is this because there is nothing offered in return.

MarcusAureliusAntoninus
11-13-2008, 04:03
I'm pretty sure this doesn't effect bribing. Besides, if you bribe a good enemy general, there is hardcoding to kill him the next turn.

Foytaz
11-13-2008, 09:14
FDM is great thing but it affects gameplay to much if you're using it often. I've played with Makedonia and in the first turn I forced Epeiros to ceasefire and trade rights after that the game was mine until I met allied Ptolemaoi and Arche.
Second campaign I played using FDM was Arche itself, in first turn I forced Ptolemaoi to same conditions as above and rest of the game was toast, milk and honey. Around 200BCE I was superior to anyone left.

So my advice is use it wisely or you'll ruin your gameplay. By now I only use FDM when AI is defenceless with one or two settlements left.
I'm experienced TW player since STW but FDM'd be very useful for those whom begin their adventure with most complex mod ever - the EB!!!!

Eddiekos I
11-18-2008, 03:00
Is there a 'make peace with the dead' facility? I thought there used to be one but cannot remember how to use it or find any reference in the various threads?

The reason for this is that when going into the diplomacy screen the option to make peace with a faction is often not available.

I am playing as Seleukids and want to make peace with some factions that I have defeated and reduced to 1 or 2 settlements.

Cartaphilus
11-28-2008, 21:25
Does Force Diplomacy work with EB 1.2 version?

gamegeek2
11-29-2008, 02:35
Yeah, it's causing CTDs.

iamphet
12-01-2008, 08:46
I have tweaked the mod to work with EB 1.2. Make backup before applying it!
http://files.filefront.com/ForceDiplomacyForEB12zip/;12518309;/fileinfo.html/1/1

Titus Marcellus Scato
12-04-2008, 18:44
Thank you very much! :2thumbsup:

Cappadox
12-08-2008, 17:41
For EB 1.2 i get a ctd every time i click the ? mark in the diplomacy scroll wether or not i activate the FD mod, any one have any help or ideas, thx

Mediolanicus
12-08-2008, 17:58
You have installed it wrong, or you have installed a 1.1 version.

Take a look at first page of the mini mod pack thread for how to make FD compatible with EB1.2.

iamphet
12-08-2008, 19:05
For EB 1.2 i get a ctd every time i click the ? mark in the diplomacy scroll wether or not i activate the FD mod, any one have any help or ideas, thx

Have you tried my tweaks (few posts above)?

Havok.
12-09-2008, 13:45
Have you tried my tweaks (few posts above)?

How do i aply it?

iamphet
12-09-2008, 13:55
Extract it into your main RTW folder.

Havok.
12-09-2008, 14:02
Got it working, thanks mate

Subotan
01-01-2009, 22:37
Does this still work for 1.2?

Mediolanicus
01-01-2009, 22:43
I have tweaked the mod to work with EB 1.2. Make backup before applying it!
http://files.filefront.com/ForceDiplomacyForEB12zip/;12518309;/fileinfo.html/1/1

There you go.

Subotan
01-02-2009, 00:08
Thanks. *Whacks ignorant self on the head*

artavazd
03-11-2009, 22:42
I downloaded the files, and extracted into the Rome-Total War folder. When it asked if I wanted overwritten I clicked yes to all. Well I went into the game, followed the directions to make it work it didnt work. I even extracted the files into the EB folder and still it didnt work.

The directions say hit esc, then game options, then click "reset advisor" then click chekc mark to close the scroll.

The I hit "return to game" have my diplomat engage then click "?" but the text tells me about the factions victory conditions. So yeah I dont know what Im doing wrong. Oh and I have EB 1.2

NEVER MIND GOT IT TO WORK

miotas
04-07-2009, 16:10
does this work with eb for bi?

Hax
04-07-2009, 16:51
Yes. And ALX.

DaciaJC
04-08-2009, 23:49
I think that I read earlier in this thread that FD can't be used to bribe rebel armies. Is this true? I only want to use FD so I don't have to deal with the random armies that pop up in my territories and block the roads.

MarcusAureliusAntoninus
04-09-2009, 20:47
FD cannot be used to bribe armies...

bobbin
04-10-2009, 02:31
You cannot force bribe and army if you don't have the cash, if your rejected use the add_money cheat till you have enough, FD can help as you can use it to make another bribe offer if the first one has been rejected (usually the AI will automatically refuse for the rest of the turn).

DaciaJC
04-11-2009, 20:41
FD cannot be used to bribe armies...

Thank you for the confirmation.

Jebivjetar
04-27-2009, 09:49
Ok, ive installed FD mod and it worked fine (i manage to achieve some diplomatic agreements). Problem is, that when i use FD and hit next turn i have CTD, with no exception... Im playing 1.2 with some fixes (cant remember which).

Can somebody help?

Jebivjetar
04-30-2009, 15:16
:no:
:help:

Sheep
05-21-2009, 09:07
Soooo... can this be uploaded somewhere besides FileFront?

http://support.filefront.com/index.php?_m=news&_a=viewnews&newsid=20

Mediolanicus
05-21-2009, 16:39
Filefront still works you know... The old owners took it over when they heard the new ones wanted to quit.

Sheep
05-21-2009, 19:26
Oh. It keeps giving me an "invalid session set" message.

Moosemanmoo
06-02-2009, 19:50
When I click the link FileFront doesn't seem to have it any more, its just not there! :(

Jarardo
06-04-2009, 14:36
Yes something is going on now, all files from my page are gone. I'll get an updated version up as soon as I can.

Mikhail Mengsk
06-10-2009, 17:59
The 1.1 version link in the first page doesn't work for me. Please upload the mod in another place

Roka
06-10-2009, 19:27
the link for 1.2 version doesn't work anymore :(

Jarardo
06-13-2009, 04:39
Okay, I got them both up again. Sorry about that, pretty dissapointed with filefront. I tried several times to put in a ticket or send support an email asking them why all my files were removed, bleh. The whole support system isn't set up very well. I guess they're going through some changes over there.

I'm waiting for a sendspace activation email so I can post it there as well in case this happens again.

Anyone else know any good upload sites where people can just go and download a file without having to register, or wait for the link?

Mouzafphaerre
06-21-2009, 02:35
www.zshare.net has worked great for me so far.

Skoran
06-28-2009, 17:16
Is it normal I cant force the romans to attack carthage?

They keep having a ceasefire but I want them to be at war which eachother

MarcusAureliusAntoninus
07-02-2009, 22:26
If they don't want to fight, there is no way to make them. :shame:

aureon
07-31-2009, 13:28
Works only once in 1.2, even resetting advisor and/or re-swapping files.

Olaf The Great
09-25-2009, 23:33
I hate to necro, but is there any plans for a new download?

team_kramnik
09-27-2009, 00:46
I hate to necro, but is there any plans for a new download?

Just downloaded it using the link in the first post.
Maybe filefront had a bad night when you tried your luck?

dmo26
09-30-2009, 14:45
hej i have eb1.2 and after i forced diplomacy my generals stop daing ! my king lived up to 125 years and then his age was 0 :daisy: ?

Ludens
09-30-2009, 20:39
Hello dmo26,

Welcome to the .Org ~:wave: .

First of all, please mind the language. Don't drop f-bombs, not even in abbreviated form. Secondly, did you by any chance install EB on the Alexander expansion?

dmo26
10-01-2009, 05:48
yes i did . now what can i do to get my generals to die? and do you have force diplomacy that works with alex?

Ludens
10-01-2009, 17:17
The immortal generals are caused by Alexander, not the forced diplomacy script. AFAIK the force diplomacy works fine with Alexander.

In order to make EB suitable for Alexander, you need to download and install the Alexander engine files in this thread (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=94861). You don't need the EAEM (Extensive Alexander EB Modification) files.

Skullheadhq
12-24-2009, 14:19
Link is broken for me :(
http://files.filefront.com/ForceDiplomacy+12rar/;13894112;/fileinfo.html

Jarardo
01-28-2010, 03:12
The link is working for me. Sorry file front is a little flaky sometimes I guess try clicking on it a few times.

Madoushi
04-06-2010, 04:27
I got this with the mini-mod pack, I installed it and followed all the directions, but when I reset my advisor and try to Force Diplomacy and it just shows the Victory Objectives instead.

So I cam here, re d/led and installed it, and same thing.

XSamatan
04-06-2010, 07:27
You are in the diplomacy screen before you hit the question-mark?
Check also that the files needed are in the right place!

XSamatan

Mulceber
07-24-2010, 03:37
Link is broken for me :(
http://files.filefront.com/ForceDiplomacy+12rar/;13894112;/fileinfo.html

I have the same problem. Can anyone post the force diplomacy minimod elsewhere? Like as a torrent? I've tried opening it more than a dozen times and every single time it fails. I've also tried it on multiple computers and using multiple browsers. -M

krait23
07-25-2010, 22:01
I also require the force diplomacy minimod, but the filefront download yields me a 1kb file that winrar reports as corrupt...

Jarardo
08-05-2010, 00:08
I updated the main post with an alternate link. I used uploading.com. They will delete the file if no one downloads it for a month. Do you guys have any recommendations for a good reliable site I can put it up on? I don't want to put it on a site where down loaders have to register, would also be nice if they wouldn't delete it. Btw the filefront seems to be working fine now.

Alternate link:
http://uploading.com/files/get/1daaba4c/

XSamatan
08-05-2010, 00:32
uploaded.to seems to have no such requirements.

I would suggest trying with dropbox (https://www.dropbox.com/downloading), IIRC this link also doesn't vanish over time. If you don't want to register, I can upload it on my account.

XSamatan

PS: filefront was down some time, maybe the download failures were just linked to that...

Jarardo
08-05-2010, 14:19
Thanks for the tip. I don't mind registering to upload a file I just don't want to put it on a site that people have to register for to download it. I have put it up on uploaded.to as well so hopefully whenever someone is looking they can get it from one of the 3.

http://uploaded.to/file/4htjq7

Madoushi
09-05-2010, 17:12
I stialled it in my Rome Total War - Gold folder. I over wrote all files.
In game, I activate the EB script, then click Reset Advisor, then send my diplomat to an enemy settlement. I click the ? in the dialogue screen that comes up, and I get the Victory Conditions screen every time.

I've tried reinstalling multiple times, and I can never get it to work. DO I have to do something different because it is a Steam game? Could the minimod pack (large trees, etc) be interfering with it When I first d/led the minimod pck, Force Diplomacy was included in it.

Edit: Well, I found out I hadn't installed EB 1.2 properly, which was why Firce Diplomacy wasn't working at all, but now I reinstalled EB 1.2, and now when I click the ? in the Diplomacy Screen to try to activate Force Diplomacy, it crashes EB instead

I've tried a dozen times so far, and it crashes EB every time..

XSamatan
09-06-2010, 22:30
Just to be clear (and to not frighten any interested guys), Madoushi's problem has absolutely nothing to do with FD, it comes from a false installation (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?130535-Imposter!).

XSamatan

Loyal Praetorian
05-06-2011, 00:56
Ok Hi. New to the forum. I am really wanting to get this mod. However, I am having a great bit of difficulty. I am confused on several things and would like to ask for assistance. I'm not at all technologically savvy. First: How do you back up files like it says in the instructions. Second: I am trying to download the filefront file and it says I need to find a program to open it. What program do I need? Finally: Once the file is downloaded how do I proceed to get it into my EB folder or whatever to get the mod to work? I appreciate any assitance given. Thank you.

vollorix
05-06-2011, 13:28
1. Backup means you need to save the files which would be ovewritten by the installation of this minimod somewhere else ( create you own folder somewhere in your private or alike )
2. You do not need to open it, but to download it ( save ), and then open it with a program like winrar ( 7zip and winzip might do the job too, not sure )
3. As far as i understand you need to extract the files into your main installation directory of Rome Total War; the files you extract contain the folder "EB" with only needed changes for the mod. At the same time, there is a folder "EB" in your main directory of RTW ( the actual sub mod, the Europa Barbarorum ), and then all the minimod files of FD mod will replace/add the containt of the EB folder in the apropriate parts ( namely: EXPORT_DESCRIBE_ADVICE in the main EB folder, EXPORT_ADVISE in the EB subfolder "text", and finaly, the folder "eb_scripts" subfolder in your EB installation ). That´s why you can also simply extract the downleaded files into any other private subfolder of your choice, and then copy&paste the extracted "EB" folder into the same one in your main RTW installation directory.

I hope its not too complicated the way i´ve explained it; correct me anyone if i´m wrong...

Smelly Jelly
01-10-2012, 04:56
Could i get FD with EB 1.1 still?
I don't want to patch up to 1.2 just yet...

XSamatan
01-10-2012, 21:41
Jarardo's last activity was last summer, but this post (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?p=1555176#post1555176) should provide you with enough information to include it into EB 1.1 on your own. Be sure to create a backup of any file you modify and backup your campaign too.

XSamatan

Smelly Jelly
01-15-2012, 14:39
Thanks Xsamatan. That worked.

Meisterdieb
09-07-2012, 15:54
(Did a search but couldn't find anything)

Tried to use this mod but when I do, I get a CTD. Happens right after I click the question mark in the diplomacy scroll. I don't even get to see the advisor pop up again.

Has anyone else experienced this?

As usual, once I posted the question I found the answer myself... I checked the files again, seems one wasn't properly overwritten.
Installed the mod again, now it works.

Empire*Of*Media
05-20-2013, 07:54
pleaseeeeeeeeeeee help!!
im going until the show me how when i click ? and the advisor shows "You can Force diplomacy by clicking show me how" i clicked, but when i demanded something from the others factions, they shooted me out !!!:wall:

whats the problme ??!!!!

moriluk
05-21-2013, 08:23
pleaseeeeeeeeeeee help!!
im going until the show me how when i click ? and the advisor shows "You can Force diplomacy by clicking show me how" i clicked, but when i demanded something from the others factions, they shooted me out !!!:wall:

whats the problme ??!!!!

the only time i know of this happening is if you ask for money they don't have, or bribing.

Empire*Of*Media
05-21-2013, 09:43
the only time i know of this happening is if you ask for money they don't have, or bribing.

no not for money!! to attack faction,

but it is fixed!! i dont know how !!!

(Belisario)
05-23-2018, 09:17
[QUOTE=Jarardo;2531409]I updated the main post with an alternate link. I used uploading.com. They will delete the file if no one downloads it for a month. Do you guys have any recommendations for a good reliable site I can put it up on? I don't want to put it on a site where down loaders have to register, would also be nice if they wouldn't delete it. Btw the filefront seems to be working fine now.

Alternate link:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hi guys, is it possible to have a new link?:)

thank you in adavance!

Ludens
05-24-2018, 17:41
Hello Bellisario, welcome to the .Org ~:wave: .

I hate to say it, but you are more likely to get an answer over at the TWC EB forum (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?110-EB-Unofficial-Modding-Projects). Our EB1 forum is pretty much inactive.

(Belisario)
05-28-2018, 08:33
[QUOTE=Ludens;2053777597]Hello Bellisario, welcome to the .Org ~:wave: .

Hi Ludens, and thnak you for the reply and the welcome :)

oh it's sad, welll i will try on TWC EB forum, thnx:)

G. Ward
01-19-2020, 18:19
Does anyone still have this mod, or, a download link to the mod?

I would like to make a Force_Diplomacy mod for E.B. 1.2 but, I am unable to.

l5c4sl3m0s
06-23-2020, 00:48
The link does not work, it could upload again?

--EDIT--

I make the upload again of this submod. Now in ModDB:
https://www.moddb.com/downloads/start/198415?referer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.moddb.com%2F