PDA

View Full Version : Marian Reform

Schatten
03-20-2007, 10:33
I play atm with .081a, First Cohort Mod.
First the Picture´s of Triumph, Faction Destroyed etc all gone but that´s no problem.

The real one is, a play atm Roman´s, its Year 217 and my Consul was(ist Popularis)...he was Popularis before but has has only 2 Command Star´s...now he was elected to Consul has had 3 Star´s and he was Reformer for Marian Reform´s...i have look, i have 46 Provinces, over 250 Battles etc its all ok but its Year 217....and he has now the Trait Reformer (new Units availiable....) but i cannot build the Marian MiC´s...not in Italy and not in the other Provinces...and i see still Polybian Military Reform in the City Display....any idea what is happen and more important will the Reform be still availiable after 172 BC?

Swebozbozboz
03-20-2007, 21:28
you need at least style:2 governmetns to unlock the marian baracks. and no matter what reform you are at the polybian, cammilian, and marian reform buildings will stay there.

Schatten
03-20-2007, 21:39
you need at least style:2 governmetns to unlock the marian baracks. and no matter what reform you are at the polybian, cammilian, and marian reform buildings will stay there.

for Marian:

At least year 172BC, have 6 Latifundia built, hold at least 45 settlements, fight more than 250 battles and have a character that is:

Intelligent/Charismatic/Vigorous
Popularis
Consul or Ex-Consul
Has Influence and Command > 2

OR just conquer 90 settlements.
------------------------------------------------

45+ Gov2 was for Augustian Reform....but the bug is that it was year 217 and not 172 BC as he has gain the Trait...now im in Year 202, he is still alive and still "Reformer" but no Marian Barracks anyway...very strange this...

MarcusAureliusAntoninus
03-20-2007, 23:11
If it is 217BC, then you won't get the reforms. That trait means that when the time comes around, he will be the one to issue the changes, if he still lives.

If you want you can change the reform dates to something like 200BC, so that the guy should still be alive and you don't have to worry about getting another guy.

delablake
04-11-2007, 22:12
I had the marian reforms announcement, but can still only produce camillan troops. 52 sttlements, 275 battles, but still no changes.
What's wrong?

:wall:

Al_Veran
04-11-2007, 22:36
If you want you can change the reform dates to something like 200BC, so that the guy should still be alive and you don't have to worry about getting another guy.

It is possible to change the conditions ? How to do it ?

MarcusAureliusAntoninus
04-11-2007, 22:43
I had the marian reforms announcement, but can still only produce camillan troops. 52 sttlements, 275 battles, but still no changes.
What's wrong?
You won't get a message when the reforms take place. If you do recieve a message, that is the vanilla reform message and has no effect on Rome or the units she can train.

It is possible to change the conditions ? How to do it ?
You have to alter the script file, there is a thread on it (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=80502) in the submod forum.

fallen851
04-12-2007, 03:53
You won't get a message when the reforms take place. If you do recieve a message, that is the vanilla reform message and has no effect on Rome or the units she can train.

Anyway to edit this message out?

MarcusAureliusAntoninus
04-12-2007, 08:02
Anyway to edit this message out?
Yes, and I thought it was gone after 081.
I think only the eastern Greeks get the message and it isn't even called Marian Reform any more. If you get the message and it says "Marian Reform" then you are probably playing an older version of EB.

Al_Veran
04-16-2007, 21:50
I have changed the script and it functions !

Thank you M.A.A :2thumbsup:

MarcusAureliusAntoninus
04-16-2007, 22:13
:2thumbsup: