PDA

View Full Version : I'm back, and I'm looking for someone to kill [Concluded]

Pages : [1] 2

Csargo
03-21-2007, 20:29
Alright this is my new mafia game. Rules are like all of the other games(no screenshots, etc.)

Roles:There will be one GodFather and two mafioso's. One Detective, and maybe some other roles depending on how many people sign-up.

Sign-ups:21
Omanes
AndrestheCunning
GH
Stig
WarMaster Horus
Sasaki Kojiro
GBB
CF
Kommodus
Crazed Rabbit
Dutch_guy
OldSchool
RoadKill
pevergreen
BlackAxe
CountArach
Destroyer of Hope
Hugh"the untrustworthy"Tower
rdeče.jabolko
Ignoramus
Motep

ShadeHonestus
03-21-2007, 20:31
in...

Omanes Alexandrapolites
03-21-2007, 20:33
In!

However, may I ask, what is a "GF"? Thanks.

Andres
03-21-2007, 21:04
In!

However, may I ask, what is a "GF"? Thanks.

GF = GodFather

GeneralHankerchief
03-21-2007, 21:10
In!

Stig
03-21-2007, 21:12
Ich bin in

und das rhymes

Warmaster Horus
03-21-2007, 21:15
In, of course.

Sasaki Kojiro
03-21-2007, 21:15
/in

The Foolish Horseman
03-21-2007, 21:16
in says me

Caius
03-21-2007, 21:18
Why not

In

Csargo
03-21-2007, 21:23
Why not

In

You can't join. :evil:

Caius
03-21-2007, 21:24
:inquisitive:

:bigcry:

Warmaster Horus
03-21-2007, 21:27
In Caius' defence, why? This is just to begin the randomness that is usually present before a game starts.

Kommodus
03-21-2007, 21:35

This is highly suspicious. Vote: Ichigo

BTW, in!

Csargo
03-21-2007, 21:36
In Caius' defence, why? This is just to begin the randomness that is usually present before a game starts.

Twas a joke.

Crazed Rabbit
03-21-2007, 22:09
I'm in.

CR

Dutch_guy
03-21-2007, 22:20
Yeah, count me in.

:balloon2:

OldSchool
03-21-2007, 22:21
In please

Warmaster Horus
03-21-2007, 22:53
@Ichigo: So I (don't) understand.

Csargo
03-21-2007, 22:56
@Ichigo: So I (don't) understand.

What don't you understand?

RoadKill
03-21-2007, 22:58
I'm in if you dont mind me joining.

Caius
03-21-2007, 23:08
Can the GF be killed?

Csargo
03-21-2007, 23:15
Can the GF be killed?

I haven't quite gotten all the rules thought out yet since it was kinda a spur of the moment thing me hosting so soon. I haven't decided yet if the GodFather will be known to everyone playing or have to stay hidden from the rest of the players and not get lynched. I'll inform you once I've decided.

pevergreen
03-21-2007, 23:27
in

looks like a decent number of people already.

BlackAxe3001
03-22-2007, 01:05
I'm IN

CountArach
03-22-2007, 06:18
Like dude, I am so, like, in...

Lord Winter
03-22-2007, 06:20
In!

Csargo
03-22-2007, 07:16
Sign-ups will close in a day or two.

HughTower
03-22-2007, 10:04
In please.

It'll be a pleasure not to have to distrust you automatically.

Warmaster Horus
03-22-2007, 18:17
@Ichigo: the joke, but you can forget about my non-understanding.

scotchedpommes
03-22-2007, 22:36
I'd like to join, what with the other games dying off.

Ignoramus
03-23-2007, 03:04
I'll be in. And I am going to participate this time.

HughTower
03-23-2007, 10:35
I'll be in. And I am going to participate this time.

:rolleyes:

Motep
03-24-2007, 00:13
I missed signing up for a mafia...wow. Im In

Csargo
03-24-2007, 04:24
Sign-ups closed

Csargo
03-24-2007, 05:49
PM's have been sent.

It is night phase so I need the mafia and detective PM's.

Also I've decided that the GF must remain hidden if he is lynched then the game is over.

pevergreen
03-24-2007, 06:24
General Question that Im sure applies to many people. Do townies get PM's?

Csargo
03-24-2007, 06:29

No.

Andres
03-24-2007, 11:12
I have another question: do we play in rounds of 24 hours?

Vote : Motep

Partially a random vote, partially voting for somebody who tends to be absent in mafia games, which is not fun :mean: . No more lurking my friend. Talk or die :whip:

Dutch_guy
03-24-2007, 12:47
I have another question: do we play in rounds of 24 hours?

Vote : Motep

Partially a random vote, partially voting for somebody who tends to be absent in mafia games, which is not fun :mean: . No more lurking my friend. Talk or die :whip:

Nobody is killed yet, at least wait untill after the nightly murders to actually place a vote :beam:

Kommodus
03-24-2007, 17:12
Vote: AndresTheCunning and Dutch_guy

Because I like those guys so gosh darn much! ~:grouphug:

(Note to Ichigo: This is a joke, not a real vote.)

Csargo
03-24-2007, 21:26
ShadeHonestus informed me that he wouldn't be able to play this game due to going out of town so he isn't playing anymore.

Some other things I forgot to mention. If one of the henchmen is killed there will only be one kill afterwards. If both henchmen are dead then there will still be one kill by the GF.

If anyone has any questions about the rules or anything ask them in the thread so we can get them outta the way.

Ichigo

Csargo
03-24-2007, 23:07
Motep was enjoying his day off, and decided to take a walk through the park. He was enjoying the cool breeze and cloudless sky.

Walking slowly, Motep noticed a man dressed from head-to-toe in black with sheep grazing around him. Motep thought to himself, “Who keeps sheep as pets?” He didn’t have time to bother asking the suspicious looking man, because he had to get home, so he kept walking.

On his way home Motep noticed that the suspicious looking man and his sheep seemed to be following him. It was dark now, and Motep was getting scared with the man following him so he started running home. Motep could hear the footstep’s behind him become faster along with the sound of little hooves hitting the pavement.

Motep’s legs were getting tired, since he had been walking through the park all day, so he decided too turn around and address the suspicious man. “Why are you following me, and what is with the sheep?” asked Motep in a shaky voice. The man said nothing other than “attack”. At this the sheep charged, and like rabid dogs tore Motep to pieces. The suspicious man called back his sheep, and they slowly walked away from Motep’s limp corpse.

Later that night

CrazedRabbit was at his house on his computer. He had on headphones, and was blasting his favorite music, so he never would have heard the man enter his house.

As intruder slowly snuck around the house looking for CR, he was on the Org strangely enough playing a game of mafia. Now the intruder was sneaking up the stairs he could see the light coming from CR's computer screen. He inched his way into the room hardly making a sound.

The intruder pulled a flamethrower off of his back, and commenced shooting flames in CR's general direction. CR screamed in agony, as he was burned alive. The Mafioso laughed as CR was reduced to a pile of ash.

The Mafioso slowly moved to the computer to see what CR was looking at before his death. He laughed to himself, and ran out of CR's house because someone must have heard CR's screams because the Mafioso heard sirens in the distance.

As the Mafioso rode back to tell the Godfather of his recent kill, and he remembered what he had seen on CR's computer. He bursted into uncontrollable laughter at what he had seen. It was CR's death in one of the Org’s mafia games.

Get out there and vote!

pevergreen
03-24-2007, 23:10
Are roles revealed at any time?

Csargo
03-24-2007, 23:11

nopy

pevergreen
03-24-2007, 23:14
Right, we must be wary of a false drop in kills.

Motep
03-24-2007, 23:39
Why the hell was i killed? Was it for not posting this morning? I do not lurk, i either forget the game is even there, or I simply don't see anything relevant to post to. I was unable to get on this damn idiot box today, and this happens most days. its not like i can go on at anytime, no, there are 5 other people here who hog this damn thing all day.

CountArach
03-24-2007, 23:41
Vote: WarmasterHorus

Talk :whip:

BlackAxe3001
03-24-2007, 23:55
Why the hell was i killed? Was it for not posting this morning? I do not lurk, i either forget the game is even there, or I simply don't see anything relevant to post to. I was unable to get on this damn idiot box today, and this happens most days. its not like i can go on at anytime, no, there are 5 other people here who hog this damn thing all day.

The mafia killed you... duh.

Sasaki Kojiro
03-24-2007, 23:56
As intruder slowly snuck around the house looking for CR, he was on the Org strangely enough playing a game of mafia.

It was CR's death in one of the Org’s mafia games.

This hurts my head.

Right, we must be wary of a false drop in kills.

These seem off from your usual pever. You aren't usually so short and to the point.

Dutch_guy
03-24-2007, 23:57

The correct question would be: why the hell did someone turn his vicious flesh-eating sheep on me ? :beam:

Warmaster Horus
03-24-2007, 23:59
Hey, CA, I don't need a pressure vote. However you seemed ready to vote for somebody quickly.
I didn't even have time to read the deaths properly.

BlackAxe3001
03-25-2007, 00:04
Vote: Andres

Reason: He voted for Motep before the mafia killed anyone and yet Motep died anyway... :inquisitive:

Dutch_guy
03-25-2007, 00:06

Reason: He voted for Motep before the mafia killed anyone and yet Motep died anyway... :inquisitive:

Which is called a frame , assuming the mafia hadn't sent in the kills by that time of course. :yes:

Ichigo

Do the mafioso write the entire kills by themselves, or do you edit them?

Sasaki Kojiro
03-25-2007, 00:07

Translation: you saw that Andres had voted Motep and decided to kill motep so you could make this vote?

It doesn't even make sense...

Csargo
03-25-2007, 00:09
Which is called a frame , assuming the mafia hadn't sent in the kills by that time of course. :yes:

Ichigo

Do the mafioso write the entire kills by themselves, or do you edit them?

Sadly I had to write both of the kills entirely. :no:

BlackAxe3001
03-25-2007, 00:11
Huh?

I voted for andres because he voted for motep before the mafia had sent in their votes and then motep died because of the mafia. How did andres know motep was going to die? Hence my vote for andres.

Crazed Rabbit
03-25-2007, 00:12
Gah! Dead in the first round?! Curse my ironic death and the scum who did it!

With my last breath, I scream,
"Why not Ultrawar?!"

And thus perish.

CR

OldSchool
03-25-2007, 00:19
I don't know everyone well enough to guess by the kills. But I am developing a strong aversion to lurking, so:

Vote: Ignoramus

The pre-game comments imply he has the tendency to lurk. Best to find out now, I think.

Csargo
03-25-2007, 00:20
Gah! Dead in the first round?! Curse my ironic death and the scum who did it!

With my last breath, I scream,
"Why not Ultrawar?!"

And thus perish.

CR

Seems I didn't kill you good enough since your still kicking and screaming.

CountArach
03-25-2007, 00:23
Hey, CA, I don't need a pressure vote. However you seemed ready to vote for somebody quickly.

Why don't you need a pressure vote? Something to hide?

Sasaki Kojiro
03-25-2007, 00:31
^^that doesn't make sense.

Huh?

I voted for andres because he voted for motep before the mafia had sent in their votes and then motep died because of the mafia. How did andres know motep was going to die? Hence my vote for andres.

This has all the markings of a newbie frame attempt.

Vote:BlackAxe

Dutch_guy
03-25-2007, 00:31
Vote: AndresTheCunning and Dutch_guy

Because I like those guys so gosh darn much! ~:grouphug:
[/I]

Just you wait ! :2thumbsup: :laugh4:

First off, the mafia could use such a little ruse to frame Andres, why vote for a (now confirmed) innocent, heck, even before the game has started ?

Obviously, there's the other thing to consider: why would a mafioso try to get himself in the spotlight so early on by voting for someone he's going to kill only moments later ? Makes no sense.

Andres voting before the game started is ideal for a mafioso. They basically get a frame opportunity they can't possible not exploit, and they haven't. By killing Motep they framed Andres, or they made it seem that way which means Andres really is one of the bad guys. You never can know, unless one's a bad guy himself.

Caius
03-25-2007, 00:34
I don't know everyone well enough to guess by the kills. But I am developing a strong aversion to lurking, so:

Vote: Ignoramus

The pre-game comments imply he has the tendency to lurk. Best to find out now, I think.

Vote:Oldschool

Unless you have a relation with Motep kill, you have to explain why did you said that.

Also, many lurkers are innocent, so, why to kill innocents?

CountArach
03-25-2007, 00:35
Andres voting before the game started is ideal for a mafioso. They basically get a frame opportunity they can't possible not exploit, and they haven't. By killing Motep they framed Andres, or they made it seem that way which means Andres really is one of the bad guys. You never can know, unless one's a bad guy himself.

Kiff, we have a conundrum

I interpreted him as saying, "I could do without the vote"

BlackAxe3001
03-25-2007, 00:37
Unvote: Andres
Vote: Abstain

I really need to just shut up and quit showing my n00bness at mafia...

It seemed logical at first, but I need to think more and consider all the angles before voting. :shame:

OldSchool
03-25-2007, 00:46
Vote:Oldschool

Unless you have a relation with Motep kill, you have to explain why did you said that.

Also, many lurkers are innocent, so, why to kill innocents?

I'm not sure what that has to do with the Motep kill?

I don't want to kill lurkers. I want to make them participate in the game. Everybody all out in the open. Lurkers are not good for the town, innocent or guilty. At this point, it's not like we have much to go on.

Edit: Nevermind. I see the Motep rference.

Caius
03-25-2007, 01:05
I don't want to kill lurkers. I want to make them participate in the game. Everybody all out in the open. Lurkers are not good for the town, innocent or guilty. At this point, it's not like we have much to go on
Why the hurry then?You know some people cant came here for timezones...
Also, you poster an hour ago.Again, why the hurry

CountArach
03-25-2007, 01:08
Caius, you were in a bit of a hurry to post as well. As well as to vote people.

Unvote: Warmaster Horus
Vote: Caius Flaminius

Reason: For being a hypocrite.

OldSchool
03-25-2007, 01:08
Why the hurry then?You know some people cant came here for timezones...
Also, you poster an hour ago.Again, why the hurry

I'm from Texas. If we don't lynch somebody at least once a day, we get bored. :laugh4:
:hanged:

Csargo
03-25-2007, 01:11
I'm from Texas. If we don't lynch somebody at least once a day, we get bored. :laugh4:
:hanged:

I second that.

GeneralHankerchief
03-25-2007, 01:32

I was going to do some deep thinking about that meta-kill with Crazed Rabbit but it looks like Ichigo cleared that one up. Nobody else seems suspicious at the moment.

Don't forget, people, it means nothing if we only see one kill per round.

pevergreen
03-25-2007, 01:48
I am always short and to the point.

I have never posted really long posts have i? Kommodus would know, my post character lengths are always short.

Kommodus
03-25-2007, 03:24
I am always short and to the point.

I have never posted really long posts have i? Kommodus would know, my post character lengths are always short.

This appears to be true, yes. However, you seem a little eager to point it out... :inquisitive:

BlackAxe is also somewhat suspicious now, for two things:

1. Using bad logic.
2. Pointing out his noob-ness, even though this isn't his first game.

Right now, though, I'd rather make sure no one gets away with non-participation. So,

Vote: GBB

Welcome to Mafia at the .Org, friend! :bow:

BlackAxe3001
03-25-2007, 03:31
It's my second game of mafia and I haven't even finished the first one yet, so yes, me = mafia n00b. I admit it, no denying it. It's all out in the open. Take it as you will, for the true mafia n00b has come out of the closet.

Sasaki Kojiro
03-25-2007, 04:10
BlackAxe, you were accused of making a noob mistake. Saying "I am noob" isn't a defence at all...

@Kommo: isn't it a little early to vote a lurker? After all, until your post you hadn't posted anything. Why not vote for BlackAxe if you find him suspicious?

BlackAxe3001
03-25-2007, 04:16
I never said it was a defense or implied it was, just admitted I was a n00b and thats why i made a n00b mistake, besides, I am going to watch a bit more this game rather than just vote for everyone and bandwagon like I did in Stealth Danger. It was supposed to be a lame kind of humor too. Sorry.

Sasaki Kojiro
03-25-2007, 04:40
Are you saying you did make the noob mistake you were accused of?

BlackAxe3001
03-25-2007, 04:54
How could I deny something I did?

pevergreen
03-25-2007, 04:56
:laugh4:

This is what makes people stop paying attention.

This appears to be true, yes. However, you seem a little eager to point it out...

Well its not hard to see. I struggle to find a large post from myself anywhere.

Sasaki Kojiro
03-25-2007, 05:14
How could I deny something I did?

I said you made the noob mistake of killing someone as scum to frame somebody , are you saying this is true?

...easiest game ever

BlackAxe3001
03-25-2007, 05:21
Whatever... no one cares if it is the easiest game ever, besides, it just started. No I am not framing anyone and I am not mafia. If I was mafia I wouldn't post jack crap to avoid this type of situation that you are putting me in. Duh... quit trying to frame me as mafia.

CountArach
03-25-2007, 05:52
Whatever... no one cares if it is the easiest game ever, besides, it just started. No I am not framing anyone and I am not mafia. If I was mafia I wouldn't post jack crap to avoid this type of situation that you are putting me in. Duh... quit trying to frame me as mafia.

Or maybe you are just saying you wouldn't really post if you were mofia, so that we will think that, whereas you ARE mafia. Ultimately at this point I think you are our best lynch bet.

Unvote: CF
Vote: BlackAxe

BlackAxe3001
03-25-2007, 06:00
All the more reason why I won't post at the beginning of a mafia game anymore... it only gets me lynched. No one else has posted much... looky there... BlackAxe talked! Lynch HIM!!! Geeze...

Maybe for the good of the town I will kill myself. Everyone is always talking about doing good for the town...

stares at cyanide pills next to his keyboard...

EDIT: Oh and you can twist anything around to make it suspicious... all the more reason to not talk... No wonder everyone lurks all the time... I now understand why.

Omanes Alexandrapolites
03-25-2007, 10:12
Hmm,
Vote: CountArach

pevergreen
03-25-2007, 10:14
Blackaxe's poor excuses are deserving of a lynch.

Nice new avatar. I cant find anything with heavy armour that tops this :(

All the more reason why I won't post at the beginning of a mafia game anymore...

You can post, just dont make it look like you are mafia.

Dutch_guy
03-25-2007, 10:25
Hmm,

Why is that ?

CountArach, you seem a bit too eager to vote, not your usual style.

Warmaster Horus
03-25-2007, 11:00
And how, pevergreen? How are you supposed to prove to people you are not a Mafioso, when just trying to prove your innocence may get you lynched?
Omanes, could you explain why you voted CA? Not that I disagree with that, but...
And CA, I don't need a pressure vote to talk. I'll say my piece when I actually have something interesting to say.

Stig
03-25-2007, 11:12
Originally Posted by Stig
Mistaking Ichigo with me :furious3:

I will vote: Sasaki, because no-one did it yet, and because Ichigo can't.

Dutch_guy
03-25-2007, 12:23
It's now a four way tie right ?

Interesting first day.

pevergreen
03-25-2007, 12:36
Whos in the tie?

I believe BlackAxe to be the best option for todays lynch.
See the thread for reasons
Vote: BlackAxe

Andres
03-25-2007, 13:00
Unvote: Andres

I really need to just shut up and quit showing my n00bness at mafia...

It seemed logical at first, but I need to think more and consider all the angles before voting. :shame:

Ok, BlackAxe, I understand your frustration. But you voted and gave a reason. It's pretty normal people want you to elaborate. Getting angry (or playing that you are getting angry) and refusing to talk or threatening with commiting suicide doesn't do any good to your case.

I just wonder, why did you unvote me? You have a personal reason? Did someobody else convince you? If so, who and which reason exactly convinced you to unvote me?

These are the kind of answers the town wants to hear, to compare them later on in the game and to decide if you are innocent or not.

So, if you are a townie, it's in the towns intrest to convince us, since a lynched or suicided townie will do no good to the game.

For now, I'll vote for someone who is normally pretty active in the thread and who has been way too silent in this game:

Vote : HughTower

Your silence is very unusual my friend. Talk to us :whip:

Caius
03-25-2007, 14:13
Hmm,
Unvote:OldSchool
Vote:Omanes

Reason:Reason?
If you explain, I will retreat my vote

Lord Winter
03-25-2007, 17:39
Out of the two kills one was realistic, the other increadably weird. Out of the past I would not put it past Andres or GH to chose ethier of those. GH has also been unussly quiet.

Vote: General Hankerchief

RoadKill
03-25-2007, 17:40
Vote: Sasaki
I sense that your trying to preassure all the votes on BlackAxe while taking your suspicion of yourself. Although this is a terrible reason, but i trust my instincts.

Kommodus
03-25-2007, 17:48
@Kommo: isn't it a little early to vote a lurker? After all, until your post you hadn't posted anything. Why not vote for BlackAxe if you find him suspicious?

Well, if GBB said something by now I'd retract my vote. He still hasn't, so my vote stands. I picked him partially because he's a new player, and that makes him precisely the kind of player I want to get to know early in the game.

Also, I find BlackAxe mildly suspicious, but not enough to warrant a vote. He's just someone to watch as the game progresses (if he manages to survive the round.) I find the arguments being used against him rather witch-hunt-esque, though his questionable defense hasn't help his case.

GeneralHankerchief
03-25-2007, 17:57
Out of the two kills one was realistic, the other increadably weird. Out of the past I would not put it past Andres or GH to chose ethier of those. GH has also been unussly quiet.

As Ichigo has already stated, he wrote the entire kill. Therefore, this would absolve me of any such wrongdoing.

Sasaki Kojiro
03-25-2007, 18:23
Vote: Sasaki
I sense that your trying to preassure all the votes on BlackAxe while taking your suspicion of yourself. Although this is a terrible reason, but i trust my instincts.

hmm? There isn't much on blackAxe it's true. But there is more than on anybody else, which is what is required for voting.

@Stig: haha I see you noticed that. I would expect more of a contribution.

@kommo: one vote isn't pressure. I argued with you about this in ignoramus's game...I was was mafia there but it is something I believe. Unless someone is in the lead they aren't under pressure. And in a game where the days are 24 hours it's not a good idea to put someone in the lead for lurking. Lurking is not inherently suspicious.

BlackAxe3001
Ok, BlackAxe, I understand your frustration. But you voted and gave a reason. It's pretty normal people want you to elaborate. Getting angry (or playing that you are getting angry) and refusing to talk or threatening with commiting suicide doesn't do any good to your case.

It did look like I was angry, but it was more frustration at the twisting of my words. I apologize to everyone for my semi-angry state. It wont happen again. It is after all, only a game.

I just wonder, why did you unvote me? You have a personal reason? Did someobody else convince you? If so, who and which reason exactly convinced you to unvote me?

I unvoted you because the mafia killed motep because you voted for him before the kills were put in. This was obviously a frame attempt by the mafia against you. The mafia wanted to frame Andres to look like mafia. I fell for this trick which has ultimately let to my demise by the which hunt word twisting that has occurred mostly on page 3. My defenses may suck, but I would like someone to show me how to do better if they really sucked that bad. The mafia frame attempt on Andres will also cause anyone who falls for their trick too look undeniably like mafia also. There really is no way to get out of it. Unfortunately I have made a deadly mistake and now the town will suffer for it. :shame:

Sasaki Kojiro
It's now a four way tie right ?

Interesting first day.

What in particular is interesting?

Omanes Alexandrapolites
03-25-2007, 18:25
CountArach is playing on the suspicions of the town for his own gain. There is one other player doing this, Sasaki Kojiro, who immediately took up Pannonion's story to also circulate suspicion. From what I can see Kommodus is taking up an idea - which is, in effect, taking advantage of a newbies' newness, and Sasaki and CountArach are trying to influence other players into thinking it is true and believable through their votes. The chances are that, for now when there is little proof, that they are both on the same team, however I am not too sure about Pannonion. I will wait for him to defend himself.

Sasaki Kojiro
03-25-2007, 18:25
I unvoted you because the mafia killed motep because you voted for him before the kills were put in. This was obviously a frame attempt by the mafia against you. The mafia wanted to frame Andres to look like mafia. I fell for this trick which has ultimately let to my demise by the which hunt word twisting that has occurred mostly on page 3. My defenses may suck, but I would like someone to show me how to do better if they really sucked that bad. The mafia frame attempt on Andres will also cause anyone who falls for their trick too look undeniably like mafia also. There really is no way to get out of it. Unfortunately I have made a deadly mistake and now the town will suffer for it. :shame:

That's much more coherant.

unvote

Sasaki Kojiro
03-25-2007, 18:26
CountArach is playing on the suspicions of the town and manipulating them for his own gain. There is one other player doing this, Sasaki Kojiro, who immediately took up Pannonion's story to also circulate suspicion. From what I can see Pannonion is taking up an idea and Sasaki and CountArach are trying to enforce it. The chances are that, for now when there is little proof, that they are on the same team - the mafia team.

Pannonian isn't playing.

Witch-hunt is my middle name btw :p

Omanes Alexandrapolites
03-25-2007, 18:30
Sorry, I meant Kommodus - they both have the same avatar, it makes it confusing, sorry.

Lord Winter
03-25-2007, 18:33
As Ichigo has already stated, he wrote the entire kill. Therefore, this would absolve me of any such wrongdoing.
I got the impression that he ment writing it kind in the way you wirite yours. The mafia give him the basic kill method and then he does all the detail. Ichigo could you confirm ethier way.

Sasaki Kojiro
03-25-2007, 18:37
Sorry, I meant Kommodus - they both have the same avatar, it makes it confusing, sorry.

So your accusation is that Kommo, CA, and I are on a mafia team? I believe I was the first to bring up blackaxe, or maybe DG. Anyway, why do you claim to know BlackAxe is innocent?

Omanes Alexandrapolites
03-25-2007, 18:55
I don't know he is innocent, I just think he is. A regualar mafioso would usually attempt to arouse suspition against another, he is yet to do that.

GeneralHankerchief
03-25-2007, 19:04
I don't know he is innocent, I just think he is. A regualar mafioso would usually attempt to arouse suspition against another, he is yet to do that.

Unvote: Abstain
Vote: Omanes

a) Never use the psychology of what the mafia might or might not do as an alibi.
b) Look at Dutch_guy's record in Mafia VI.

Omanes Alexandrapolites
03-25-2007, 19:11
May I ask GH, why you are targeting me?

Sasaki Kojiro
03-25-2007, 19:23
May I ask GH, why you are targeting me?

Obviously he is mafia, because he is trying to arouse suspicions against you https://img76.imageshack.us/img76/6594/emotawesomepm9.gif

Sasaki Kojiro
03-25-2007, 19:42

Vote:Destroyer

Voting based off kills = nono.

Csargo
03-25-2007, 20:07
I got the impression that he ment writing it kind in the way you wirite yours. The mafia give him the basic kill method and then he does all the detail. Ichigo could you confirm ethier way.

I wrote the entire kills the only thing that was given to me was the person to be killed and rabid sheep flamerthrower.

The Foolish Horseman
03-25-2007, 20:12
Well, if GBB said something by now I'd retract my vote. He still hasn't, so my vote stands. I picked him partially because he's a new player, and that makes him precisely the kind of player I want to get to know early in the game.

Also, I find BlackAxe mildly suspicious, but not enough to warrant a vote. He's just someone to watch as the game progresses (if he manages to survive the round.) I find the arguments being used against him rather witch-hunt-esque, though his questionable defense hasn't help his case.

Hey!!! I havent been at home for the weekend which explains my non posting

Vote: Omanes Alexandropolites the blah blah

a magic moose named Fred told me...he has pink horns

Csargo
03-25-2007, 20:19
Please bold votes or they won't be counted.

Lord Winter
03-25-2007, 20:20
Vote:Destroyer

Voting based off kills = nono.

They can be helpful when taken with a large grain of salt. No matter what, even if they are re harrings the kills reflect something off the mafioso. Look at Mafia V for example. Also saskii is it me or have you been throwing around more bad townie votes then ussual?

The Foolish Horseman
03-25-2007, 20:20
duly noted

Sasaki Kojiro
03-25-2007, 20:37
They can be helpful when taken with a large grain of salt. No matter what, even if they are re harrings the kills reflect something off the mafioso. Look at Mafia V for example. Also saskii is it me or have you been throwing around more bad townie votes then ussual?

The ration of innocents lynched based on kills to mafia lynched based on kills is extremely high.

I've cast two votes.

@GBB: Why do I get the feeling you aren't taking this game seriously?

Dutch_guy
03-25-2007, 21:03
What in particular is interesting?

That we had a four way tie at that point, when we usually have one wagon going around in the first round. Not 4 semi wagons, just waiting to fill up.

The Foolish Horseman
03-25-2007, 21:28
The ration of innocents lynched based on kills to mafia lynched based on kills is extremely high.

I've cast two votes.

@GBB: Why do I get the feeling you aren't taking this game seriously?
i am taking it seriously, just very tired mate

Kommodus
03-25-2007, 22:18
Hey!!! I havent been at home for the weekend which explains my non posting

Very well. Thanks for joining us! ~;)

Unvote: GBB

Please understand my motive here: you're new to the game, and I'd simply like to get to know you. Sometimes I can pinpoint mafiosi because I know their past behavior. Since you're one of the new players here I can't do that with you, so I want to make sure you participate so we can all get a feel for your style.

@kommo: one vote isn't pressure. I argued with you about this in ignoramus's game...I was was mafia there but it is something I believe. Unless someone is in the lead they aren't under pressure. And in a game where the days are 24 hours it's not a good idea to put someone in the lead for lurking. Lurking is not inherently suspicious.

Sasaki, no one knows that inactivity isn't inherently suspicious better than me - I've got the statistics all plotted out. Sometimes mafia try semi-lurking as a tactic, but it's quite rare, and doesn't often work anyway.

Nevertheless, I didn't want to join the witch-hunt against BlackAxe. I saw that there were some reasons for it, but nothing convincing. So I wanted to try a different angle. As you see, it did get a response - albeit a small one.

And BTW, I do think that going after lurkers is a decent tactic very early in the game when there's not much else to go on. Later in the game, hopefully everyone's active and has left a good enough post trail to make better judgements. A mafioso trying semi-lurking is likely to feel some pressure and will respond after getting a few votes, even if they're not necessarily in the lead.

Let's see then...

Vote: rdeče.jabolko

Will the guy with the wierd character in his name please enlighten us with his opinion?

Lord Winter
03-25-2007, 23:26
The ration of innocents lynched based on kills to mafia lynched based on kills is extremely high
Yes but all we need is two successful lynches. I'm not saying that we should relay on that solely but it can be a useful tool when you combine it with other methods.

Csargo
03-25-2007, 23:57
Voting closed. :P

Csargo
03-26-2007, 00:15
Omanes=CA
AndrestheCunning=HughTower
GH=Omanes
Stig=SK
WarMaster Horus=Abstain
Sasaki Kojiro=DoH
GBB=Omanes
CF=Omanes
Kommodus=rdeče.jabolko
Crazed Rabbit=Dead
Dutch_guy=Abstain
OldSchool=Ignoramus
RoadKill=SK
pevergreen=BlackAxe
BlackAxe=Abstain
CountArach=BlackAxe
Destroyer of Hope=GH
HughTower=Didn't Bother
rdeče.jabolko=Didn't Bother
Ignoramus=Didn't Bother
Motep=Dead

Omanes has been lynched by a slim margin.

Pm's please.

Sasaki Kojiro
03-26-2007, 06:53
There wasn't nearly enough discussion this round. This is becoming endemic (?).

Andres
03-26-2007, 10:12

Only 3 people didn't vote/participate in the discussion. I have seen worse in previous games...

Kommodus
03-26-2007, 16:24

Well, you plainly haven't accused/pissed off nearly enough people. When do we get the old Sasaki back? :laugh4:

BlackAxe3001
03-26-2007, 18:37
I don't know... he did a good job on me. It took me two days to get myself out of that mess, although lack of experience against a Sasaki attack didn't help either.

OldSchool
03-26-2007, 18:57
I don't know... he did a good job on me. It took me two days to get myself out of that mess, although lack of experience against a Sasaki attack didn't help either.

Noone expects the Sasaki inquisition! :laugh4:

Now, for something completely different...

HughTower
03-26-2007, 20:25
My apologies for lack of involvement so far - an action-packed weekend & an irritatingly busy day at work put paid to any chance of joining in the fun.

So, we're down to 18 from 21, & a sixth of our number are scum. I believe I'm right in saying that the scum win when their numbers equal the town's. This means that a Mafia victory is possible in 4 days, if 3 people are killed each game-day. With that in mind, I'm not entirely sure we should be lynching people willy-nilly (but I'm willing to be convinced otherwise).

Crazed Rabbit will be sorely missed for his experience - it wouldn't surprise me if he was killed because the Mafia thought he would have made a good Detective.

Ichigo - can you clear up these questions? What are the Detective reveal guidelines? And, is the GF detectable?

Instinct tells me that Ichigo would have found it hard to resist putting one of the old timers in a role (esp. as GF), so let's not be too trusting of the Sasaki-Kommodus-GH trio.

And, for some strange reason, when I read about 'rabid sheep', I instantly thought of pevergreen. :idea2: Don't know why, just did......

Anyway, that's my 2 bob - I'm going home to lock my doors & await the night's events.

Csargo
03-26-2007, 20:30
My apologies for lack of involvement so far - an action-packed weekend & an irritatingly busy day at work put paid to any chance of joining in the fun.

So, we're down to 18 from 21, & a sixth of our number are scum. I believe I'm right in saying that the scum win when their numbers equal the town's. This means that a Mafia victory is possible in 4 days, if 3 people are killed each game-day. With that in mind, I'm not entirely sure we should be lynching people willy-nilly (but I'm willing to be convinced otherwise).

Crazed Rabbit will be sorely missed for his experience - it wouldn't surprise me if he was killed because the Mafia thought he would have made a good Detective.

Ichigo - can you clear up these questions? What are the Detective reveal guidelines? And, is the GF detectable?

Instinct tells me that Ichigo would have found it hard to resist putting one of the old timers in a role (esp. as GF), so let's not be too trusting of the Sasaki-Kommodus-GH trio.

And, for some strange reason, when I read about 'rabid sheep', I instantly thought of pevergreen. :idea2: Don't know why, just did......

Anyway, that's my 2 bob - I'm going home to lock my doors & await the night's events.

No, he knows the rules if he chooses to reveal, and he will appear innocent.

Dutch_guy
03-26-2007, 20:44

He may have found it hard to resist, but the norm nowadays is that the selection of the roles is randomized. However, I would be interested in Ichigo´s clarification

And, for some strange reason, when I read about 'rabid sheep', I instantly thought of pevergreen. Don't know why, just did......

Hmm, Andres came to mind immediately over here, Stig also.

The thing is, however, with these kind of murders, is that you can't really base anything on them. Everyone is capable of them; they give us even less information in such a form than they usually do.

Andres
03-26-2007, 20:53
It's still night, so maybe it's best we all shut up and don't give any more clues to the mafia about who might get lynched...

Let's make the choice of their targets as difficult as possible to them, shall we?

Csargo
03-26-2007, 20:54
He may have found it hard to resist, but the norm nowadays is that the selection of the roles is randomized. However, I would be interested in Ichigo´s clarification

Hmm, Andres came to mind immediately over here, Stig also.

The thing is, however, with these kind of murders, is that you can't really base anything on them. Everyone is capable of them; they give us even less information in such a form than they usually do.

All names were written on a piece's of paper and put into my hat. The first was the GF and he chose his two henchmen then the detective was pulled out of the hat. All roles were random except for the two henchmen.

scotchedpommes
03-26-2007, 21:14
...Nevertheless, I didn't want to join the witch-hunt against BlackAxe. I saw that there were some reasons for it, but nothing convincing. So I wanted to try a different angle. As you see, it did get a response - albeit a small one.

And BTW, I do think that going after lurkers is a decent tactic very early in the game when there's not much else to go on. Later in the game, hopefully everyone's active and has left a good enough post trail to make better judgements. A mafioso trying semi-lurking is likely to feel some pressure and will respond after getting a few votes, even if they're not necessarily in the lead.

Let's see then...

Vote: rdeče.jabolko

Will the guy with the wierd character in his name please enlighten us with his opinion?

I would have gone with abstention at this early stage, as opposed to a lurker
vote. It could easily lead to creation of a bandwagon for people to conveniently
jump on, and so a pointless lynching.

OldSchool
03-26-2007, 21:47
I would have gone with abstention at this early stage, as opposed to a lurker
vote. It could easily lead to creation of a bandwagon for people to conveniently
jump on, and so a pointless lynching.

As you can tell by the first round, witch-hunt votes are much more likely to turn into bandwagons. I make the argument that if we are going to randomly lynch people, it is much more useful to randomly lynch lurkers than it is to randomly lynch active players.

Active players are good for the town, whether they are innocent or guilty.

Lurkers are bad for the town, whether they are innocent or guilty.

I do not think lurking is inherently suspicious. I think it is inherently detrimental.

If you pressure everyone to participate every round, then you pressur the GF to participate every round. There may be some rounds where he would rather not be involved one way or the other.

That's my case for lurker-hunting, and if it is flawed, I would like to hear why.

Csargo
03-26-2007, 21:54
2 hours til the end of the night phase. I'm still missing some PM's if I don't recieve them by then I'll be forced to go on without you.

scotchedpommes
03-26-2007, 22:18
Active players are good for the town, whether they are innocent or guilty.

Lurkers are bad for the town, whether they are innocent or guilty.

I do not think lurking is inherently suspicious. I think it is inherently detrimental.

If you pressure everyone to participate every round, then you pressur the GF to participate every round. There may be some rounds where he would rather not be involved one way or the other.

That's my case for lurker-hunting, and if it is flawed, I would like to hear why.

I have to disagree on the point regarding active players. Clearly an active player
who is a member of the mafia could be working to disrupt and confuse the
group. This has been evidenced enough in previous games.

As for lurkers, I think when there are so few opportunities to make the right
decision, lynching someone who is wholly inactive is too much of a gamble,
especially when left inactive they can be removed through 'Wrath of God'.

Kommodus
03-26-2007, 22:29
I have to disagree on the point regarding active players. Clearly an active player who is a member of the mafia could be working to disrupt and confuse the group. This has been evidenced enough in previous games.

Yes, but an active mafioso is more likely to slip up and give us the clues we need to solve the mystery. The less information a mafioso gives out, the harder he is to track down.

As for lurkers, I think when there are so few opportunities to make the right decision, lynching someone who is wholly inactive is too much of a gamble, especially when left inactive they can be removed through 'Wrath of God'.

I agree with this - the key word being wholly inactive. If someone is active on the .org and posting in other threads, they remain a lynch candidate even if they don't post in this one.

scotchedpommes
03-26-2007, 22:49
Yes, although I would think that the inactivity is likely due to other reasons,
rather than a tactical ploy.

OldSchool
03-26-2007, 23:02
Yes, but an active mafioso is more likely to slip up and give us the clues we need to solve the mystery. The less information a mafioso gives out, the harder he is to track down.

Exactly. That's why I think it is important now, rather than later. If the mafia have to post in the early rounds and then have to adjust tactics during the game, we have a much better chance of catching them changing their behaviour. If we let them stand back the first few rounds, they have a chance to consolidate their strategy and disguise it better.

Every mafia post is a clue. The more they have to make, the better our chances.

Again, I don't want to lynch lurkers. I want to pressure them to participate.
This is just as much to pressure lurking townies into participating and removing lurking as an option. A lurking townie is a bad townie.

Sasaki Kojiro
03-26-2007, 23:16

Is this why you killed him?

Sasaki Kojiro
03-26-2007, 23:21
No mafia who is deliberately lurking is going to see a post saying "Vote:*mafia's name* as a pressure vote" and be worried in the slightest. There have been dozens of these cast and it's almost always just one. There has to be some substance or semblance of serious suspicion.

We can't keep lynching people with only 3 votes. No mafioso will by lynched with 3 votes in this game.

Unfortunatly one day doesn't give us the time we need to put major pressure on someone back it off, try again, back it off etc. This has been our main problem in these games, and this is the reason we usually don't lynch mafia till the last couple rounds. Too many people drop a single vote and then disappear from the thread.

Sasaki Kojiro
03-26-2007, 23:22
It's still night, so maybe it's best we all shut up and don't give any more clues to the mafia about who might get lynched...

Let's make the choice of their targets as difficult as possible to them, shall we?

You said this as mafia last game right? The extra discussion outweighs any shortcomings.

Csargo
03-26-2007, 23:52
HughTower was returning home after a rather heavy drinking session at a tavern in the next town over. He was drinking here because he’d rather drink alone then have one of his so called friends sit, and try to start a conversation with him. You see Hugh was a rather reclusive person someone who’d rather drink alone then with a crowd.

Some how on the way home from the tavern Hugh got lost and ended up in a marsh. He never realized that a man in all black was watching him sitting beside a cage with a rather large animal inside. Hugh didn’t realize, no he was far too drunk to realize the strange man.

The man in black decided that it was time to complete the task given to him by his GF. He uncaged the large animal, and said only one word “attack” then the large animal charged at Hugh. Hugh screamed in agony as the large animal trampled and ripped him apart. It was a bloody scene could barely recognize after the attack. The stranger then called the hippo back and it reluctantly went back into the cage.

That evening…

This had been a pleasantly surprising day for this quiet man. He had a good day at the office. He was sitting back relaxing on his recliner watching television. He started to smell something burning…”what is that?” He thought. “Oh noes it must be my dinner!” He jumped out of his chair and ran to the kitchen where he was promptly shot in the back of the head.

The End…

Let the voting compensate for my lack of writing skills!!!!:guitarist:

GeneralHankerchief
03-26-2007, 23:54
So Hugh died and the mafioso was vigilante-killed?

Csargo
03-26-2007, 23:58
So Hugh died and the mafioso was vigilante-killed?

No that was Dutch_guy's kill. I didn't add his name because I was hoping you all would annoy me with questions so I could feel loved. :beam:

RoadKill
03-27-2007, 00:00
So basicly a Hippo killed Hugh wow who would've thought a hippo would kill him.

Csargo
03-27-2007, 00:05
So basicly a Hippo killed Hugh wow who would've thought a hippo would kill him.

I forgot to mention that the hippo's name was Lilo.

Stig
03-27-2007, 00:10
Hugh mentioned Pevergreen, so just as a stroke of luck:

Vote: pevergreen

Sasaki Kojiro
03-27-2007, 00:14
*observes as Stig votes and then disappears, to appeare once more next round*

OldSchool
03-27-2007, 00:33
Well, we'll have to agree to disagree on the merits of lurker-hunting versus witch-hunting. I will concede, though, that without more support, my anti-lurker crusade is futile. I will also agree on the need for more discussion. I've made the mistake of being too passive in my first mafia game and not voicing all my suspicions. I don't want to do that again, so here goes:

It looks like the main purpose of the Blackaxe inquisition was to enjoy watching him squirm. I did not find it useful. It is a well-known tactic for Sasaki and doesn't arouse any extra suspicion on my part, but I do think that anyone who is willing to pretend to be convinced by it and use it as an excuse to bandwagon should explain why. Acoording to the final vote-count, that is pevergreen and CountArach.

It was pointed out that the mafia were chosen by the GF. While that can easily turn into a WIFOM, it is at least worth considering that the two henchman are most likely to be experienced, capable players.

The more I look at the Andres-Motep connection, the more my wheel of WIFOM lands on the fact that he is more likely to use such an obvious frame as cover to get himself dismissed as a suspect than the mafia is to try to use such an obvious frame to get him lynched. Obviously, pure WIFOM at this point on my part.

Until further discussion or some anti-lurker support,
vote: abstain

Sasaki Kojiro
03-27-2007, 01:49
I still don't understand the supposed frame. How does motep being killed after andres voted him implicate andres in the slightest?

OldSchool
03-27-2007, 03:09

This has all the markings of a newbie frame attempt.

Vote:BlackAxe

That frame. The one you pointed out. If it was a frame attempt, it was done to look like a newbie frame attempt.

I am assuming a few things at this point:

1) The henchmen are very likely to be experienced, capable mafia.

2) I do not think Andres pre-kill vote against Motep would have been used as a serious frame attempt against him by an experienced mafia. It would be too easily dismissed and would actually serve to help him avoid the first-round bandwagons.

3) If the connection was used at all, I think it much more likely to be a covering tactic or an attempt to fake noobishness.

4) WIFOM gives me a headache. I realize it is impossible to draw conclusions. However, I don't think that means it shouldn't be examined and possibilities raised.

Sasaki Kojiro
03-27-2007, 03:33
Yeah I got that. I understood blackAxe thought the that the kill implicated andres I just don't see why.

the more my wheel of WIFOM lands on the fact that he is more likely to use such an obvious frame as cover to get himself dismissed as a suspect

And it seems it's something I should understand.

OldSchool
03-27-2007, 03:42
Yeah I got that. I understood blackAxe thought the that the kill implicated andres I just don't see why.

And it seems it's something I should understand.

Truthfully, I don't know what to think of the Andres-Motep connection at this point or if there even is one. I was merely pointing out what my leanings are at the moment. Obviously not enough to cast a vote.

I'm more interested in the clue we have that the GF was able to pick his own henchmen. Any opinions on that?

BlackAxe3001
03-27-2007, 03:46
I thought that Andres voted Motep and then "since Andres was mafia" decided to kill motep that night. Obviously this was very poorly thought out, if thought out at all and so I just voted for him which led to my witch hunt and me almost being lynched. There was no logic to it and therefore impossible to understand.

You can beat this to death about how many different twists and turns the mafia could have taken to make anyone seem like mafia using the andres-motep connection, but no one really knows except for the mafia. I for one and done trying to make sense of it at all because it is impossible.

The bigger issue is guessing who the GF would be out of the people left and who would he pick as henchmen?

OldSchool
03-27-2007, 04:19
About the henchmen:

I don't know that we can pinpoint exactly who would be chosen, but I think we can narrow the field considerably.

I doubt that any wog-baits or noobs would have been chosen, which shortens the list quite a bit.

After that, it depends on the GF.

An newer one would probably have chosen some of the more notorious players.

An experienced one would have been aware of who would most likely be targeted for investigation and chosen more selectively.

Sasaki Kojiro
03-27-2007, 04:30
In GF1 I chose GH and GH chose Cowhead and gorebag.

In GF2 Csar chose GH and Myrddraal.

In Graffiti mafia Disco chose GH, Kommo, and Xiahou.

If you choose an experienced player they will be assumed to be more likely to be chosen. If you choose a new player they are more likely to reveal themselves. We don't know who is doing the choosing and the most important mafioso wasn't chosen anyway...so the discussion doesn't have much point.

Of course it should be obvious that no gf in his right mind would choose me.

Sasaki Kojiro
03-27-2007, 04:31
I thought that Andres voted Motep and then "since Andres was mafia" decided to kill motep that night. Obviously this was very poorly thought out, if thought out at all and so I just voted for him which led to my witch hunt and me almost being lynched. There was no logic to it and therefore impossible to understand.

You can beat this to death about how many different twists and turns the mafia could have taken to make anyone seem like mafia using the andres-motep connection, but no one really knows except for the mafia. I for one and done trying to make sense of it at all because it is impossible.

The bigger issue is guessing who the GF would be out of the people left and who would he pick as henchmen?

Hey don't feel so bad. Mafia is to some extent a game of witch hunting and you came off looking pretty good.

pevergreen
03-27-2007, 06:20
No that was Dutch_guy's kill. I didn't add his name because I was hoping you all would annoy me with questions so I could feel loved. :beam:

What?

One person died and the other didnt have a name (failed kill?)

Csargo
03-27-2007, 06:22
What?

One person died and the other didnt have a name (failed kill?)

1 kill HughTower
2 kill Dutch_guy

Stig
03-27-2007, 07:17
*observes as Stig votes and then disappears, to appeare once more next round*
*observes how Stig has a life, wanting to sleep and all*
*observes how Stig doesn't always sits behind his PC*

OH NO, HE'S HUMAN, LYNCH HIM!!!!

Lord Winter
03-27-2007, 07:27
It is well known that a commen newbie mistake for a mafiasoto is to draw attention to a frame to try and drive his point across. While we could go WIFOM about why he would draw it as a frame or a reason it still merits some thought. Old school I'm also surprised surprised about your sudden shift in tactics from going after lurkers a realtivly safe path for a mafiosto to persue to suddenly shifting at the begaining of the round for a lack of support that you couldn't as of yet predict.

For now with a lack of anything else to go on:

Vote: Oldschool
This will probably change.

pevergreen
03-27-2007, 07:32
bold please, it helps the host.

Andres
03-27-2007, 08:19

Unless the GodFather is a newbie and wants Sasaki on his team...

And off course, it is always possible that you are the GodFather.

Trying to look innocent?

CountArach
03-27-2007, 08:48

Or in fact we could invoke WIFOM and say that that is what they want us to think...

OldSchool
03-27-2007, 09:46
It is well known that a commen newbie mistake for a mafiasoto is to draw attention to a frame to try and drive his point across. While we could go WIFOM about why he would draw it as a frame or a reason it still merits some thought. Old school I'm also surprised surprised about your sudden shift in tactics from going after lurkers a realtivly safe path for a mafiosto to persue to suddenly shifting at the begaining of the round for a lack of support that you couldn't as of yet predict.

For now with a lack of anything else to go on:

Just trying to keep the conversation lively...:beam:

Omanes Alexandrapolites
03-27-2007, 10:04
When you killed me, you certainly killed a innocent.

I still stand by what I said - Kommodus, CountArach, Sasaki, and perhaps even GH, are my highest supects as mafiosos. There atitudes are rather blunt, taking advantage of BlackAxe's "newbieness" in mafia gaming and framing him through "mistakes" which he has made while posting, which I find, highly suspitious.

Sasaki Kojiro
03-27-2007, 12:25
Or in fact we could invoke WIFOM and say that that is what they want us to think...

haha, I knew people would comment on that. I think being investigated n1 for the past 5 games disqualifies me :p

But Andres with his gf point has highlighted the flaw in searching for suspects by who might have been chosen. Although I probably keep in it in mind.

Sasaki Kojiro
03-27-2007, 12:26

Vote:stig

Your post count is usually one of the highest.

Sasaki Kojiro
03-27-2007, 12:32
btw guys the kills have been up yesterday and there's a distinct lack of votes. What gives?

Dutch_guy
03-27-2007, 13:13
1 kill HughTower
2 kill Dutch_guy

Damn it, shot in the back of the head - what an uninspired kill...

btw guys the kills have been up yesterday and there's a distinct lack of votes. What gives?

People do not like getting caught based on voting behaviour, hence the lack of votes.

Andres
03-27-2007, 13:31
Vote:stig

Your post count is usually one of the highest.

True, on the other hand, he hasn't posted alot (for his habit) the last few days, so maybe his real life claim is righteous.

It amazes me a bit that you didn't check that before throwing an accusation... :inquisitive:

I'm eager to vote you, but I still want to give you the benefit of the doubt for just one more round. But please, do some research before randomly throwing around accusations, will you?

I agree with DoH that OldSchool's sudden change of tactics, is a bit odd.

Add to that:

I doubt that any wog-baits or noobs would have been chosen, which shortens the list quite a bit.

Are you implying that it is doubtfull that you would be chosen?

The change of tactics and this statement, make me

Vote : OldSchool

But this may change in the course of the day.

scotchedpommes
03-27-2007, 15:00
It amazes me a bit that you didn't check that before throwing an accusation... :inquisitive:

No, we've never seen this behaviour, have we?
To me, it always seems a balance between providing something to provoke a
telling response [although with Stig, all you seem to get is overly defensive] and
getting ourselves caught up in the minutiae of visiting habits and suchlike that
can easily be explained away with reasons that we have no choice but to
[reasonably] accept as being plausible.

I'm slightly concerned, I will say, that you would vote OldSchool for attempting
to spark some discussion, Andres. That, along with

...maybe it's best we all shut up...

makes me wonder. I see your supposed reasoning, although I am then forced to
ask, would stifling discussion really be helpful to us?

Kommodus
03-27-2007, 15:15

:inquisitive:

This post is just reactionary enough to raise eyebrows. Reminds me a bit of myself as a mafioso...

Also, I think that Stig would be a good choice for a mafia grunt. He's an experienced mafioso (having achieved victory in Midgard Saga), and definitely has a penchant for staying alive (survived both Midgard Saga and Mafia VI). For these reasons,

Vote: Stig

Andres
03-27-2007, 15:40
No, we've never seen this behaviour, have we?
To me, it always seems a balance between providing something to provoke a
telling response [although with Stig, all you seem to get is overly defensive] and
getting ourselves caught up in the minutiae of visiting habits and suchlike that
can easily be explained away with reasons that we have no choice but to
[reasonably] accept as being plausible.

Well, I'd prefer Sasaki to make good accusations, not just random ones. Randomly accusing, claiming that you do it to provoke discussion, might confuse the town and draw away attention if used as a tactic by a mafioso. I think it's not a good idea to blindly trust Sasaki and to follow his lead. So I'll be very critical towards him. A healthy attitude me thinks.

And his explanation about the detective who must have investigated him at round one, well, it's not something we should trust on, because it happened more than once the detective got killed early in the game.

I'm slightly concerned, I will say, that you would vote OldSchool for attempting
to spark some discussion, Andres. That, along with

makes me wonder. I see your supposed reasoning, although I am then forced to
ask, would stifling discussion really be helpful to us?

I'm not voting him because he attempts to spark discussin, I voted him because his sudden change of tactic combined with a statement implying that a godfather wouldn't chose a newbie like him, itches me a bit. It makes me feel uncomfortable. It's early in the game, so it's always a bit guessing, but my guts tell me something is not right with OldSchool.

@Kommodus: such a reaction is not unusual for Stig, both for an innocent as a guilty Stig. Btw, do you have usefull results from holmes yet...?

Kommodus
03-27-2007, 16:05
@Kommodus: such a reaction is not unusual for Stig, both for an innocent as a guilty Stig. Btw, do you have usefull results from holmes yet...?

Maybe so, but my second argument for voting Stig still stands. I'll review everything when I get home from work (which unfortunately won't be for quite a while yet), but for now I think I'll leave my vote as is.

Holmes won't have any useful results for at least two more rounds.

Stig
03-27-2007, 16:43
Yeah, lynch Stig for him having a social life

Unvote, vote: Stig

I won Midgard, why change a winning strategy? I have never lost with it

Andres
03-27-2007, 16:51
Yeah, lynch Stig for him having a social life

Unvote, vote: Stig

I won Midgard, why change a winning strategy? I have never lost with it

It's in the towns' interest not to lynch a townie, so please come up with a better "defence" than that.

Voting for yourself can be a) a vote out of frustration, which is not a good thing to do ; b) a scummy tactic, since it's easy to change the vote to someone else who is getting under fire later on, conveniently avoiding to get lynched.

So, instead of doing option b), I'd prefer you to change that vote (which you'll probably change anyway ~;) ) right now before someone else is feeling some heat (thus allowing you to quickly switch your vote unnoticed) and at the same time state your opinion on other players and vote for somebody who is suspicious in your opinion + give your reasons for voting that particular player.

Stig
03-27-2007, 17:03
I've had 5 beers m8, and it's only 18:01.

In my defense:
I have better things to do then hang around at some forum, it's beautiful weather now, you can find me sitting outside with a beer till the evening nowadays

Sasaki Kojiro
03-27-2007, 17:18
True, on the other hand, he hasn't posted alot (for his habit) the last few days, so maybe his real life claim is righteous.

If I were going to lurk I would make darn sure I wasn't posting up a storm in any other threads. It's common sense.

Why did you jump to defend stig?

Stig why are you voting yourself?

Stig
03-27-2007, 17:22
Stig why are you voting yourself?
well it's me who's having a social life, ofcourse I must pay for that, bad me

Sasaki Kojiro
03-27-2007, 17:27
Are you implying that it is doubtfull that you would be chosen?

The change of tactics and this statement, make me

I don't like this vote. Who says there was a change in tactics? For one thing csar just mentioned that the gf chose the henchmen. You suggest here that OldSchool had a choice yesterday of going after lurkers and of considering henchmen. Is this because you knew yesterday that the gf chose his henchmen?

Also there is no evidence of a change in tactics, this could easily be an aside. I also don't think Oldschool would include himself with the noobs, he's obviously read some of the past games.

Sasaki Kojiro
03-27-2007, 17:28
well it's me who's having a social life, ofcourse I must pay for that, bad me

You're obviously able to post now so you've just proved you do have the time to.

Sasaki Kojiro
03-27-2007, 17:38
Also saskii is it me or have you been throwing around more bad townie votes then ussual?

Well, I'd prefer Sasaki to make good accusations, not just random ones. Randomly accusing, claiming that you do it to provoke discussion, might confuse the town and draw away attention if used as a tactic by a mafioso. I think it's not a good idea to blindly trust Sasaki and to follow his lead. So I'll be very critical towards him. A healthy attitude me thinks.

Old school I'm also surprised surprised about your sudden shift in tactics

I agree with DoH that OldSchool's sudden change of tactics, is a bit odd.

Interesting correlations here. I'm not convinced they are scum together, that would be a bit easy. Their oldschool wagon put him in the lead of stig though, interesting.

Also, Andres, could you answer me on this:

Why did you ask the town to stop talking? We aren't having nearly enough discussion as it is.

Stig
03-27-2007, 18:20
I have to eat something don't I?
I'll be gone between 20:30 and 0:00 so don't expect too much from me

Kommodus
03-27-2007, 18:24
Ok, am I the only one who's finding Stig's behavior very suspicious?

Stig, I didn't accuse you for "having a social life." I accused you because:

A) You made what appeared to me to be an over-reactionary post.

B) I felt the Godfather was reasonably likely to choose you as a mafia grunt.

Now you claim that your social life is causing the reduction in your posting frequency. That's fine with me - it wasn't that reduction which caused my suspicions of you anyway. But now that you're under threat, you've shown that you do care about the game a fair amount. That's not exactly what I'd expect from someone who's using a "social life" as an excuse for inactivity.

And BTW, I do find voting for yourself a scummy tactic. That's also one I've used before, and it bought me an extra round.

Basically, you sound guilty. Until I have more analytical information from Holmes, my vote stands.

OldSchool
03-27-2007, 18:27
Well, if I'm a mafia, I'm an arrogant one to be all over the thread like this. As Sasaki pointed out, I haven't changed tactics, I'm simply discussing what I've noticed so far.

If I find I can cast a useful vote to help get someone out of the shadows, I will do so. I'm sure some of you had a good laugh at the "usefullness" of my first vote. I think there's not much future in trying to unlurk Ignoramus, eh?

I think these early round lynches should be based on something more practical than gut feelings and unsubstantiated suspicions. I think voting to get people involved has practical benefits, and I think voting to remove people who are being used as a distraction has practical benefits.

Of the things I wanted to discuss, I wouldn't have thought that Andres would be the most pertinent, but now that I look back through the thread, I see that he voted not only Motep for lurking, but also HughTower, and both died the next round. I think he is being used as a distraction and I think it is more beneficial for us to remove that distraction than to lynch people for talking.

vote: AndresTheCunning

Stig
03-27-2007, 18:32
@Kommo, I can't defend against you. The GF might choose me as a grunt yes, and I might over-react in your opinion.

Anyway if I were GF I would choose either Sasaki, GH or you. Fact.

And I know atleast one of you is a mafia

Sasaki Kojiro
03-27-2007, 19:00

And I know atleast one of you is a mafia

haha, I don't think you intended to word this quite this way.

Dutch_guy
03-27-2007, 19:09
Of the things I wanted to discuss, I wouldn't have thought that Andres would be the most pertinent, but now that I look back through the thread, I see that he voted not only Motep for lurking, but also HughTower, and both died the next round. I think he is being used as a distraction and I think it is more beneficial for us to remove that distraction than to lynch people for talking.

Although the reasoning is logical, in the end it's just a mere retaliation vote.

I'd choose Kommodus, probably, but not Sasaki. You as well as many others know that both of them are the first ones screened by every detective, after that it goes by popular opinion of the town - figures like yourself in this game as an example. So no, picking two prominent figures isn't the way to go for a Godfather. Now I don't have any experience in that field, but choosing some grunts just has a higher chance of getting caught by the detective. As stated, Kommodus, Sasaki, GH all fit that profile.

So, beware the lurkers, and the low profile players people, and trust the detective with the higher profile ones.

OldSchool
03-27-2007, 19:14
So, beware the lurkers, and the low profile players people, and trust the detective with the higher profile ones.

QFT

The Foolish Horseman
03-27-2007, 19:17
Vote:Kommodus

Omanes was innocent i believe, álthough i voted for him. The mafioso will probably be:

GH
Kommodus
Sasaki

hence the vote for kommodus

OldSchool
03-27-2007, 19:31
If you're going to lynch me, I'll try to make my point one last time before I hang and then I'll shut-up about it.

I don't think our first lynch was of any practical benefit, unless we just got lucky and hit one. If we had lynched a lurker, I think we would be seeing the benefit right now, with added discussion in this thread.

It may seem a bit cold-blooded, but I think these early lynches should be based more on practical reasons than on suspicions, until those suspicions can be backed up with evidence.

The Foolish Horseman
03-27-2007, 19:31
but from further browsing of the thread, i can see some loop holes in some peoples explanations.

Stig seems to have heaped lots of attention on himself with his "Alibi". I think this is just a decoy to pull people away form the real mafioso, who Stig knows.

OldSchool definatley also has a valid point here. The connection between AndresTheCunning's votes and the deaths is all to continous to be a coincidence. Therefore

Unvote: Kommodus
Vote: AndresThecunning

Sasaki Kojiro
03-27-2007, 19:32
No one is even voting for you OldSchool ~:confused:

Sasaki Kojiro
03-27-2007, 19:33
I think both Andres and Stig are mafia.

The Foolish Horseman
03-27-2007, 19:34
he seemed a bit jumpy to me Sasaki Kojiro.

maybe he is trying to hide something https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/images/smilies/misc/confused.gif

OldSchool
03-27-2007, 19:36

I thought I read that I was in the lead in the bandwagon parade? I had a nice farewell speech all planned out and everything...

scotchedpommes
03-27-2007, 19:53
but from further browsing of the thread, i can see some loop holes in some peoples explanations.

Stig seems to have heaped lots of attention on himself with his "Alibi". I think this is just a decoy to pull people away form the real mafioso, who Stig knows.

Stig's reactionary contributions have been unhelpful, and I would subscribe to
the idea that it may be a last-ditch attempt on his part to deflect attention
either away from himself or another. If he appears to be using either of these
tactics, how can we defend him?

I will Vote: Stig at this juncture.

GeneralHankerchief
03-27-2007, 20:02
Hahaha, it seems that sooner or later I won't be able to escape the witchhunt due to the game's structure.

Strangely enough, all of the Dutchies/Flemish seem to be suspicious, aside from Dutch_guy. Wonder if there's a connection.

Anyways,

Vote: Stig

I don't like it when people vote for themselves.

Andres
03-27-2007, 20:03
Why did you ask the town to stop talking? We aren't having nearly enough discussion as it is.

I asked it during the night phase. Alot of discussion at night, might give the mafia clues about who is most likely to get lynched. If I were mafia, I'd kill people that aren't participating alot and are not getting alot of attention or votes. Let the town do my work by lynching innocent townies, I'll kill the innocent townies who are not likely to get lynched.

For instance, I would never kill you, Kommodus or Stig, because you guys always end up being suspicious and attracting votes.

That's why I asked to shut up during the night. If you disagree, would you like me to explain why this reasoning is wrong?

As for OldSchool: I don't like retalation votes. The reasoning isn't convincing either. Lynching a bad townie is still lynching a townie, which is not desirable. Btw, in post #151 you were suspicious about pevergreen and CountArach. Care to elaborate ?

For now my vote stands.

But I'd like a decent explanation and defense from Stig as well. Voting for yourself is scummy. You might as well wait and quickly change your vote right before the night begins, saving you for one more round :inquisitive:

Not only mafiaosi need to save their skin, a townie should try to save his skin as well, since his dead is not in the intrest of his companions.

OldSchool
03-27-2007, 20:12
As for OldSchool: I don't like retalation votes. The reasoning isn't convincing either. Lynching a bad townie is still lynching a townie, which is not desirable. Btw, in post #151 you were suspicious about pevergreen and CountArach. Care to elaborate ?

It isn't a retaliation vote, Andres. I think you are either mafia or you are being used as a distraction by them. Either way, I think the most practical thing we can do this round is remove both possibilities by lynching you. It's nothing personal.

The reason I mentioned CountArach and pevergreen is because those two votes were pure bandwagon. That is my biggest problem with witch-hunting. It inevitably leads to bandwagons, and that makes it easy for people to disguise their votes and thus, their intentions.

Warmaster Horus
03-27-2007, 20:19
since his dead is not in the intrest of his companions.
Unless he's of no help to the town. Remember The Spartan, in Mafia II (I think)? He said he was a mafioso to confuse the actual Mafiosi. But in the end, he confused the town.
Anyway, Vote:Stig. The vote seems to be swaying to him. And, he's suspicious.
I'd also like to ask those who aren't too busy with RL (barely enough time to type this as it is) to see who was the most suspicious before the beginning of this turn. If Stig jumped in to protect someone else (he was the first to vote I believe), he'd be more likely to be a Mafioso, trying to protect his partner.
My two cents on the matter, for now.

Andres
03-27-2007, 20:20
It isn't a retaliation vote, Andres. I think you are either mafia or you are being used as a distraction by them. Either way, I think the most practical thing we can do this round is remove both possibilities by lynching you. It's nothing personal.

I am used by who, if I may ask? I agreed with DoH's reasoning. Do you believe he is suspicious?

The reason I mentioned CountArach and pevergreen is because those two votes were pure bandwagon. That is my biggest problem with witch-hunting. It inevitably leads to bandwagons, and that makes it easy for people to disguise their votes and thus, their intentions.

True to a certain degree. I don't like bandwagons either. Makes it too easy for mafia to put a vote without looking suspicious. On the other hand, why would the mafia jump on a bandwagon if that candidate is about to get lynched anyway? I know that in Mafia VI, where I was mafia, I tried to avoid to jump on bandwagons and instead accused other players of doing so, meanwhile putting the first vote on them, hoping the town would follow. So jumping on a bandwagon isn't necessarily equal to being mafia. On the short term, it may look like a good tactic, because a townie get lynched, in the long run, people will start noticing and will ask questions.

Vote tally:

OldSchool : 2 (Destroyer of Hope, AndresTheCunning)
Stig: 6 (Sasaki, Kommodus, rdece.jabolko, Stig, GeneralHankerchief, WarMaster Horus)
AndresTheCunning: 2 (OldSchool, GBB)

OldSchool
03-27-2007, 20:34
I am used by who, if I may ask? I agreed with DoH's reasoning. Do you believe he is suspicious?

Everybody is suspicious.

True to a certain degree. I don't like bandwagons either. Makes it too easy for mafia to put a vote without looking suspicious. On the other hand, why would the mafia jump on a bandwagon if that candidate is about to get lynched anyway? I know that in Mafia VI, where I was mafia, I tried to avoid to jump on bandwagons and instead accused other players of doing so, meanwhile putting the first vote on them, hoping the town would follow. So jumping on a bandwagon isn't necessarily equal to being mafia. On the short term, it may look like a good tactic, because a townie get lynched, in the long run, people will start noticing and will ask questions.

It's not just the potential for the mafia to jump on bandwagons. It's also the potential to leave the mafia free to do their own thing, while the bandwagon rolls through town lynching townies. I don't think any anti-town activity should be safe. Whether it's lurking, bandwagoning, or self-voting.

OldSchool
03-27-2007, 21:18

Had to go back and find DoH's post. No, I don't find it particularly suspicious.

As far as being used, Andres. That much is clear. Every time you vote someone, they are killed the next night. As long as that continues, we will spend way too much time talking about it, which = distraction.

And what will happen the first time your vote isn't killed? Maybe we will find out tomorrow. Your connection with the killings can be used not only to draw suspicion on yourself, but also against other players.

Obviously, I have a personal interest in what happens in that regard, but that can't be helped. I won't change my opinion merely to seem less suspicious. My vote stands in this round.

Omanes Alexandrapolites
03-27-2007, 21:22
No one is even voting for you OldSchool ~:confused:Here you go again Sasaki. Random throwing around of accusations and picking on a new player again. Also you seem to be spamming this thread - is this to cause my accusations and suspicions to be so far back that nobody will read them?

When I look at your posts and add up the evidence, all I can see is the word "Guilty" written all over your style.

RoadKill
03-27-2007, 21:31
Omanes, you stold the words out of my mouth and I 100% agree with you so
Vote:sasaki

Dutch_guy
03-27-2007, 21:37
Omanes, if that's an accusation then Sasaki's lost his style. He can do much better than that.

He may seem to be spamming this thread, but it's just him being him. He's always either the number two poster, but more frequently the number one poster. Generating discussion is his style, and has always been that way. He, and others mind you, tend to go after the newer players because they have no particular style. We have no idea if this is there usual play style, or their mafioso way to play the game. Hence, reactions in the form of discussion are needed to get to know them better.

So, in each and every game in which Sasaki has played, gathering the 'evidence' would have always led to certain lynch. However, he has exactly the same statistical chance of being selected as mafioso as we do. Don't go after him because he generates discussion - heck, townies should !

In short, don't be worried. He's always like this, and rest assured the Detective has already investigated him. And if he were mafia, the detective would instantly reveal - as the detective vs mafioso trade is a good one.

OldSchool
03-27-2007, 21:49
Here you go again Sasaki. Random throwing around of accusations and picking on a new player again. Also you seem to be spamming this thread - is this to cause my accusations and suspicions to be so far back that nobody will read them?

When I look at your posts and add up the evidence, all I can see is the word "Guilty" written all over your style.

I don't think he was picking on me Omanes. I was reading backwards through the thread and saw a post stating I was leading the lynch vote. I never bothered to count the votes. So my opinion that I was about to be lynched did not jive with the vote count and caused ~:confused: .

Warmaster Horus
03-27-2007, 21:53
Dutch_Guy, how do you know the Detective already investigated him?
I didn't think the Detective could admit his role, until he chose to reveal.

Dutch_guy
03-27-2007, 22:00
Dutch_Guy, how do you know the Detective already investigated him?

Well, I would have investigated him were I the detective. It is the most prudent strategy in my opinion, as he's proven to be a valuable player in the past. One whom you want to rule out as mafia grunt.

I didn't think the Detective could admit his role, until he chose to reveal.

I believe you're right, it isn't allowed -it has never been.

Omanes, if that's an accusation then Sasaki's lost his style. He can do much better than that.

He may seem to be spamming this thread, but it's just him being him. He's always either the number two poster, but more frequently the number one poster. Generating discussion is his style, and has always been that way. He, and others mind you, tend to go after the newer players because they have no particular style. We have no idea if this is there usual play style, or their mafioso way to play the game. Hence, reactions in the form of discussion are needed to get to know them better.

So, in each and every game in which Sasaki has played, gathering the 'evidence' would have always led to certain lynch. However, he has exactly the same statistical chance of being selected as mafioso as we do. Don't go after him because he generates discussion - heck, townies should !

In short, don't be worried. He's always like this, and rest assured the Detective has already investigated him. And if he were mafia, the detective would instantly reveal - as the detective vs mafioso trade is a good one.

Sasaki Kojiro
03-27-2007, 22:22
Here you go again Sasaki. Random throwing around of accusations and picking on a new player again. Also you seem to be spamming this thread - is this to cause my accusations and suspicions to be so far back that nobody will read them?

I asked him a question as indicated by the ???. Oldschool doesn't seem to be new. I always post a alot.

Sasaki Kojiro
03-27-2007, 22:23
Omanes, you stold the words out of my mouth and I 100% agree with you so
Vote:sasaki

Same as yesterday huh? What do you think about stig/andres?

Csargo
03-27-2007, 22:27
I think I'll let voting stay open another day.

Stig
03-27-2007, 23:00
I think both Andres and Stig are mafia.
heheh

Let the detective check me if you want to be sure

My defense is:
I have a social life
And loads of people are bandwagoning, you should search the mafia among them

And about Sasaki:
All he can do is point at me and Andres, he's not being constructive and only saying:
"Stig, you're not on the forums, you should be lynched!"
"Andres, you defend Stig, that makes you mafia!"

1. I have life.
2. Even Andres wouldn't be stupid enough to defend an already dead mafia mate.
3. You don't have any convincing arguments. Kommo does have those. All the others are bandwagoning.

CountArach
03-28-2007, 04:22
I don't know, Stig seems to be acting a bit unusually to me. I believe what he says about his social life, I seem to recall him using the same excuse this excuse for one of the other games (Can't remember which, so don't ask). But, maybe I am wrong about it.

As to Sasaki, this is just his playing style, so really I don't see anything unusual there.

As for my vote:

Vote: Omanes the Idiot

The reason:
https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showpost.php?p=1481392&postcount=208

Until he expands on this, my vote will stand.

Csargo
03-28-2007, 04:37
I don't know, Stig seems to be acting a bit unusually to me. I believe what he says about his social life, I seem to recall him using the same excuse this excuse for one of the other games (Can't remember which, so don't ask). But, maybe I am wrong about it.

As to Sasaki, this is just his playing style, so really I don't see anything unusual there.

As for my vote:

Vote: Omanes the Idiot

The reason:
https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showpost.php?p=1481392&postcount=208

Until he expands on this, my vote will stand.

He's dead. :sleeping:

CountArach
03-28-2007, 05:01
Well in that case:

Unvote: Omanes

I would still like him to expand on his hunch however.

BlackAxe3001
03-28-2007, 05:11
Vote: Roadkill

Reason: You have posted four times, two being votes, and have voted for Sasaki twice with poor reasoning. You also are listening to Omanes, who is dead and probably has a Sasaki grudge, true or not, he is dead and yet you jumped right onto his Sasaki bandwagon. Suspicious, who knows, but I think some attention needs drawn to you.

Also, I believe Sasaki is not mafia. The pieces of the puzzle just don't fit. Then again, I probably have no idea what I am talking about and will probably start another bandwagon on my ass again...

Csargo
03-28-2007, 05:52
I was hoping leaving voting open another day would generate some more discussion, but it seems that didn't happen. Voting closed.

Csargo
03-28-2007, 06:09
Players=Round 1 Round 2
Omanes= CA,Lynched
AndrestheCunning=HughTower Oldschool
GH=Omanes Stig
Stig=SK Stig
WarMaster Horus=Abstain Stig
Sasaki Kojiro=DoH Stig
GBB=Omanes Andres
CF=Omanes Didn't Bother
Kommodus=rdeče.jabolko Stig
Crazed Rabbit=Dead Dead
Dutch_guy=Abstain Dead
OldSchool=Ignoramus Andres
RoadKill= SK SK
pevergreen=BlackAxe Abstain
BlackAxe=Abstain RoadKill
CountArach=BlackAxe Abstain
Destroyer of Hope=GH Oldschool
HughTower=Didn't Bother Dead
rdeče.jabolko=Didn't Bother Stig
Ignoramus=Didn't Bother Didn't bother
Motep=Dead Dead

Stig has been lynched, and DoH has suicided.

PM's due in 16 hours

Stig
03-28-2007, 07:12
Well it just has proven to do damned ineffective, I suggest he changes his style

Andres
03-28-2007, 08:39
Maybe this is easier to read...

Still alive

AndresTheCunning
GH
WarMaster Horus
Sasaki Kojiro
GBB
CF
Kommodus
OldSchool
RoadKill
pevergreen
BlackAxe
CountArach
rdeče.jabolko
Ignoramus

Lynched

Omanes
Stig

Killed

Crazed Rabbit
Dutch_guy
HughTower
Motep

Suicided
Destroyer of Hope

Andres
03-28-2007, 16:24
I answered this question:

with this:

I asked it during the night phase. Alot of discussion at night, might give the mafia clues about who is most likely to get lynched. If I were mafia, I'd kill people that aren't participating alot and are not getting alot of attention or votes. Let the town do my work by lynching innocent townies, I'll kill the innocent townies who are not likely to get lynched.

For instance, I would never kill you, Kommodus or Stig, because you guys always end up being suspicious and attracting votes.

That's why I asked to shut up during the night. If you disagree, would you like me to explain why this reasoning is wrong?

Given the fact there's not much discussing going on at this particular night phase, I can assume you agree with me?

Anyway, you seem to have ignored my answer until now, limiting yourself in yelling "It's Andres and Stig"...

I don't like being ignored, especially not when I answered a pertinent question and asked for an opinion :stare:

HughTower
03-28-2007, 17:29
In GF1 I chose GH and GH chose Cowhead and gorebag.

In GF2 Csar chose GH and Myrddraal.

In Graffiti mafia Disco chose GH, Kommo, and Xiahou.

So, General Handkerchief has been chosen as mafia in all those examples...? Note also, his relative silence in this thread, popping up just to hand his vote to the Stig lynch. I think he is scum.

And no, Sasaki, I agree no GF in their right mind would chose you because you would get investigated early. You, however, could still be the GodFather - seeing as they remain innocent in investigations.

Stig didn't play a great game - for whatever reason - but he certainly wasn't mafia. I can see why he was lynched, but he was nothing like his recently successful stint in Midgard. He played this one as if he didn't care.

As, for other thoughts, I'll post them when the Mafia have completed their kills....

And btw, Ichigo, thank you for your kind words in your write-up. I find this game is lacking a little je ne sais quoi for me, without having you to regularly harangue. :whip: :beam:

The Foolish Horseman
03-28-2007, 17:40
So, General Handkerchief has been chosen as mafia in all those examples...? Note also, his relative silence in this thread, popping up just to hand his vote to the Stig lynch. I think he is scum.

And no, Sasaki, I agree no GF in their right mind would chose you because you would get investigated early. You, however, could still be the GodFather - seeing as they remain innocent in investigations.

Stig didn't play a great game - for whatever reason - but he certainly wasn't mafia. I can see why he was lynched, but he was nothing like his recently successful stint in Midgard. He played this one as if he didn't care.

As, for other thoughts, I'll post them when the Mafia have completed their kills....

And btw, Ichigo, thank you for your kind words in your write-up. I find this game is lacking a little je ne sais quoi for me, without having you to regularly harangue. :whip: :beam:
again, picking GH would be a little too easy to guess, so id rule it out as a kind of decoy

Stig
03-28-2007, 17:50
@Hugh
I can't help these people lynch you while you're outside enjoying a beer or two (or five).

Sasaki Kojiro
03-28-2007, 18:03
I answered this question:

with this:

Given the fact there's not much discussing going on at this particular night phase, I can assume you agree with me?

Anyway, you seem to have ignored my answer until now, limiting yourself in yelling "It's Andres and Stig"...

I don't like being ignored, especially not when I answered a pertinent question and asked for an opinion :stare:

I was busy playing three games start to finish on another site.

The point is we can never get suspicious of people without talking. It's also possible to discuss without appearing to suspicious of anyone. The mafia also have plenty to go on as far as night choices, and are often looking for the detective as a first priority.

You're description of my case as yelling "it's andres and stig" is dishonest.

HughTower
03-28-2007, 18:05
again, picking GH would be a little too easy to guess, so id rule it out as a kind of decoy

So, what's the point in guesswork then? If it's too easy for you, does that mean it's too for everyone else? And how can GH be a decoy? I believe he entered himself into the competition. Maybe it's a double-bluff?

My point is this: don't rule anything out.

GH's reason's for suspicion are as follows:

His experience / notoriety / popular pick
He's doing the very minimum in this game
He joined a very easy bandwagon

Stig
03-28-2007, 18:09
You're description of my case as yelling "it's andres and stig" is dishonest.
but true

The point is we can never get suspicious of people without talking.
Yeah that's why I got lynched:
"Look guys, Stig isn't here, how suspicious. BANDWAGON!!!!!!!"

Csargo
03-28-2007, 19:57

Are you talking about your kill? If you mean the lynchings then I'm sorry, but I'm not a great writer and I get burnt out easily when writing hench Dutch_guy's kill.

GeneralHankerchief
03-28-2007, 20:14
So, what's the point in guesswork then? If it's too easy for you, does that mean it's too for everyone else? And how can GH be a decoy? I believe he entered himself into the competition. Maybe it's a double-bluff?

My point is this: don't rule anything out.

GH's reason's for suspicion are as follows:

His experience / notoriety / popular pick
He's doing the very minimum in this game
He joined a very easy bandwagon

This is probably going to turn into a WIFOM, but in those other three games I've done quite a bit more, as anyone (especially Sasaki) can point out.

HughTower
03-28-2007, 22:21
This is probably going to turn into a WIFOM, but in those other three games I've done quite a bit more, as anyone (especially Sasaki) can point out.

When you say "done more", do you mean you participated more (than in this game) in those 3 games in which you were chosen as henchman?

Are you talking about your kill? If you mean the lynchings then I'm sorry, but I'm not a great writer and I get burnt out easily when writing hench Dutch_guy's kill.

I was talking about my kill. Your writing's just fine - we understand you perfectly well.

:book:

GeneralHankerchief
03-28-2007, 22:23
Yeah. I was paying a lot more attention to the threads because I wanted to keep an eye on new developments in order to have enough time to think of the proper response.

Csargo
03-28-2007, 22:25
I was talking about my kill. Your writing's just fine - we understand you perfectly well.

:book:

Oh what? Now your saying I can't read. That's messed up.:mean:

Csargo
03-28-2007, 23:09
Kommodus was walking towards his house, and it was rather late. He was coming back from the bar rather tipsy. He couldn’t even walk in a straight line, and there was no way he could have realized he was being followed.

The man following was carrying some kind of tool. It was hard to tell what it was because it was so dark, but it looked like a shovel or a pickaxe.

The man ran up, and as Kommodus was turning around he was hit with the weapon. It pieced straight through his skull and into his brain. Kommodus was killed instantly. The man spoke silently to himself, “We’ll see how well your system works when your dead”. And with that the man walked away from Kommodus’s bloody corpse.

Later that night…

It was rather late at the time the masked figure arrives at GH’s seaside abode. GH was lying awake, as he knew that he was going to be killed on this night, and he wasn’t going to go out without a fight. If he is to die he’ll try his hardest to take his attacker with him.

Sitting up, GH notices a shadowy figure at the entrance to his room.

"It's you!" he exclaims

The masked figure nods his head, and slightly adjusts his mask.

"You have no chance to survive make your time." He says in an obviously altered voice.

GH takes up a defensive stance as the strange figure shuffles towards him. The killer’s odd choice of attire becomes clearer as the figure gets closer.

Letting out a screech bordering on the inhuman, the figure declares,

"I... am Godzirra!!! Yoooou..."https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/8e/Barneythedino.jpg

"...ARE JAAAAAPAAAAAAN!!!"

The battle that ensues in beyond description. I cannot describe it with words only that GH’s entire house was destroyed in the battle. GH’s battle skills are clearly superior to Godzirra’s.

As GH stands over Godzirra, his defeated foe, getting ready to unmask him. Godzirra pulls out a cleverly hidden pistol out from under his tail. It takes six shots in the chest to take down GH. Bruised and rather bloody Godzirra stands, and picks up GH. Godzirra carries him to the window, and chunks him out into the cold ocean, and Godzirra watches as he hits the water.

Get voting.

GeneralHankerchief
03-28-2007, 23:11
:dizzy2:

Wow, someone wants to make a statement. They take out two named "possible henchmen choices" in one blow.

Csargo
03-28-2007, 23:13

Wow, someone wants to make a statement. They take out two named "possible henchmen choices" in one blow.

Killed by Barney, what a pansy...:laugh4:

GeneralHankerchief
03-28-2007, 23:14
Killed by Barney, what a pansy...:laugh4:

Keep it up. Your death in Mafia VII will be even more embarassing. :yes:

Csargo
03-28-2007, 23:15
Keep it up. Your death in Mafia VII will be even more embarassing. :yes:

Twas not me.

HughTower
03-28-2007, 23:36

Strange tactics indeed. Where's pevergreen hiding at these days? This feels like him.

Btw, GH, clearly you're not scum. Sorry about that.:shame:

Sasaki Kojiro
03-28-2007, 23:37
AndresTheCunning
WarMaster Horus
Sasaki Kojiro
GBB
CF
OldSchool
RoadKill
pevergreen
BlackAxe
CountArach
rdeče.jabolko
Ignoramus

This is the alive list I believe. Ignoramus looks to be wog. I feel BlackAxe is innocent. Most of these people we haven't heard from enough.

Stig
03-28-2007, 23:43
Don't you want to kill Andres?
Or are you suddenly jumping on something else?

Sasaki Kojiro
03-28-2007, 23:48
^^patience is a virtue as is being thorough

And how, pevergreen? How are you supposed to prove to people you are not a Mafioso, when just trying to prove your innocence may get you lynched?
Omanes, could you explain why you voted CA? Not that I disagree with that, but...
And CA, I don't need a pressure vote to talk. I'll say my piece when I actually have something interesting to say.

This strikes me as a bit reactionary. You say you don't need pressure votes but you've hardly posted. Are you setting up an excuse for lurking here?

Sasaki Kojiro
03-29-2007, 00:13

This is interesting pever why are you asking this? Townies would know townies don't get pm's, only the mafia wouldn't.

Stig
03-29-2007, 00:19
This is interesting pever why are you asking this? Townies would know townies don't get pm's, only the mafia wouldn't.
I wanted to ask that same question. But I knew someone would come with this.

Sides why didn't you bring that on earlier? Do you need to lynch someone else? Is it "gang on Pevergreen" now?

Sasaki Kojiro
03-29-2007, 00:23
Stig man don't hold a grudge. I'm in the process of going through and getting everybody to talk but I just started an ultra fast paced game on mafia scum and will have to get back to this one in a bit.

CountArach
03-29-2007, 00:36
I would also like pevergreen to account for himself. I haven't seen him on MSn though, so maybe he is away?