PDA

View Full Version : help with RTW barbarian patch 1.6

neoiq5719
03-25-2007, 22:14
I´ve got the rome total war already patched with the 1.3 and the 1.5 but what is weird is that when running the game i see the 1.3 version at the top right hand corner and any further attempts to install again the 1.5 failed so it must be in.
The barbarian invasion is not patched but when i try the 1.6 it tells me that THIS VERSION WILL ONLY UPGRADE FROM 1.3 TO 1.6 which really puzzles me.
Anyone´s got a clue?
thx

professorspatula
03-26-2007, 00:13
If you have RTW and BI, you should have installed the 1.6 patch and not the 1.5 patch. The 1.6 patch upgrades both RTW and BI, whereas 1.5 just updates RTW. It's possible the installer is now a bit confused as it isn't updating a 1.3 edition of the game. I don't know if there's any kind of trick you can do to resolve the problem other than uninstalling the game and reinstalling it again, this time patching in the game in the correct order. Of course, if you had RTW first and patched it to 1.5, then bought a copy of BI and tried installing it, that might also bring up the problem. So unless anyone says otherwise, I'd uninstall the game, reinstall RTW, then BI, then patch to 1.6. I also can't remember if you need to install the 1.2 patch before installing BI.

You might also want to try the official support forums, the link available on the official Totalwar.com website.

Dexter
03-26-2007, 07:05
1. install Rome
2. Patch 1.3
3. Patch 1.5
4. Barbarian Invasion
5. Patch 1.6
6. Alexander - if u have it

this is how it worked for me

Good luck

neoiq5719
04-10-2007, 15:15
1. install Rome
2. Patch 1.3
3. Patch 1.5
4. Barbarian Invasion
5. Patch 1.6
6. Alexander - if u have it

this is how it worked for me

Good luck
thx dude but listen, i did what u said but after installing the 1.6, i enter the game and i see at the top right corner that the patch there is 1.4 and i know that the patch is 1.6 so i´m quite confused. I know for a fact that the patch is 1.6 because it says so at the begining of the installment so i dont know what that 1.4 is coming from.
One more question, are there any patches for alexander? i entered the gamecopyworld and they have the 1.9 no cd patch but i cant find that damn patch and i doubt it exists, do u?

Barbarossa82
04-10-2007, 16:29
1.4 is unpatched BI. After installing the 1.6 patch, you should have RTW at v1.5 and BI at v1.6. Alexander is 1.9, there are no official patches for it.

neoiq5719
04-10-2007, 22:34
1.4 is unpatched BI. After installing the 1.6 patch, you should have RTW at v1.5 and BI at v1.6. Alexander is 1.9, there are no official patches for it.
but it doesnt let me do the 1.6 patching cos i get that silly warning window that says that the patch will update from 1.3 to 1.5 and exits it which is what i dont get.

Dexter
04-11-2007, 08:42
ok new approach
1 install game RTW
2 patch 1.3
3 BI
4 patch 1.5
5 patch 1.6
6 alexander - it should be patched .. but .. who knows

good luck

professorspatula
04-11-2007, 14:44
How many times, DON'T BOTHER WITH THE 1.5 PATCH. Pretend it doesn't exist. If you have BI installed, it's a pointless endeavour. Once BI is installed, you install 1.6. The 1.6 patch looks for 1.3 (RTW) and 1.4 (BI) versions and updates both. I still don't think you need 1.3, as installing BI automatically updates RTW to 1.3. Possibly the only patch you need before 1.6 is 1.2.

Anyway, I'd consider asking customer support if you still can't get the game to patch right. There may be a few entries in the system registry that need manually removing or something.

One thing that you should make sure is that you haven't changed any files before patching or installing BI. I remember I had modded RTW quite a bit before installing BI. When BI was installed many files weren't correctly updated and I had to uninstall and completely reinstall the game from scratch.