PDA

View Full Version : Fast forward bug

Sheep
03-30-2007, 01:42
I have been experiencing this weird bugfor quite some time. I'm reinstalling right now, so hopefully it will go away.

Anyway, it's like the game speeds up randomly sometimes. When the faction announcements drop down at the beginning of the turn, they plummet like a meteor about to kill off the dinosaurs. Before a battle begins, instead of slowly zooming down, the camera basically teleports to the surface. And IN the battle, oh my god, sometimes the units move so fast that I hit Ctrl-T to make sure I wasn't on triple speed (this invariably makes them go even faster). I've had units obliterated because the enemy moved so fast that I didn't have time to react and get my guys out of the way. Sometimes it won't be quite so fast all the time, but every other second or so, the units will speed up just for a heartbeat. They move like the ghosts in The Grudge... slow, and then superfast! Slow, and then superfast! The camera moves really fast too, I have to turn it down to its slowest movement setting just to avoid ending up halfway across the map every time I hit an arrow button. This goes away when I restart the game, but then eventually comes back.

It's SO annoying that I finally got fed up and reinstalled. I've seen this behavior using both RTR Platinum and EB, using BI.exe. Hopefully the reinstall won't annihilate my savegames.

Anyone else?

guineawolf
03-30-2007, 04:37
what is the game you install?

what is your machine performance?your PC?:inquisitive:

Caius
03-30-2007, 20:21
I had heard there is a problem with certain microproccesors who makes run RTW a some point which makes this.

Omanes Alexandrapolites
03-31-2007, 07:19
Hi Sheep,
I am sorry to say that I don't have any idea of what may be causing this unfortuanate bug. However I beleive that this guide (http://tw.stratcommandcenter.com/general/tech-guide/) could have the capabilites to help you out with your problem. Good luck, cheers!

Sheep
03-31-2007, 09:05
I reinstalled the game and updated my drivers and the problem disappeared somewhere in there. Some other game features are also working better since I reinstalled actually, so that's a bonus.

Thanks for the concern though.

Slug For A Butt
04-01-2007, 02:09