PDA

View Full Version : Map Question

CaesarAugustus
03-31-2007, 17:28
Hi MA team I just have a few questions regarding the campaign map:

1. It was mentioned that the first MA release would just encompass Western Europe, and then future releases would add the rest of the map (which I think is a good thing, btw, it shows a lot of effort is going into each faction, and there will be a *relatively* speedy release). I was wondering if these factions (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=81487) (the only ones that you can sign up to do research etc. for) are the only ones to be in the first release. If so, then the map will be just Britain, France, and Iberia. I hardly see the point of a speedy release if major Western European factions are left out, like the HRE and Papal States.
Or maybe I'm wrong and those are the only factions that people have signed up for? (If that's the case then listing all of them would be a good idea, because some people might want to help with other factions.)

2. Is there an updated version of how MA's *full* campaign map will look like? If not, will it be similar to MTR's (https://img223.imageshack.us/img223/7383/1071mapmininamespl9.jpg)?

3. Is MA planning on allying some of the rebel provinces to factions at the start of the game like in EB, to represent the alliances between various kindoms and factions that didn't make it into the game? And are there any scripted revolts in northern Italy and other places where appropriate, like in MTR?

If I haven't said this already Mediaeval Auctoriso looks like it will be the EB of M2TW mods and I look forward to its eventual release!! :2thumbsup: (or an update!:whip: :yes: )

alpaca
03-31-2007, 18:41
Well you can pretty much sign up for anything.
As for the map, we don't have a full-time mapper atm so we can't tell you any really specific stuff about it. It'll of course look a bit similar to the MTR map because we share a setting and most of the factions, but the region layout will be somewhat different.

As for the EB comparison: I hope we won't have a "war" between MA and MTR really. We try to do our best, and they do, too, and I'm sure both mods will be highly enjoyable.
Thanks for the compliment though.

CaesarAugustus
04-01-2007, 19:19
Yes, I am a fan of both mods, but I think that MA is a bit more ambitious. I don't really think that there is a "war" between MTR and MA, most people will just download both and see which they like. As for the map, I am just relieved that it will be at least a bit larger than the Vanilla map, and you can free up those New World provinces.

NagatsukaShumi
04-02-2007, 02:49
Thats certainly the plan, the map will begin redevelopment when we get a mapper involved, and we hope to display it at somepoint to the public. I would expect updates to start up again, we hit a bit of a rough patch with the exams and heavy workloads at work and school for our members, hopefully we will get back into the swing of things.

Zaknafien
04-18-2007, 14:55
well I would like to think EB II will be the EB for M2TW Mods CaesarAgustus but Im looking forward greatly to MA as well :)