PDA

View Full Version : Technical Question

tynnmahn
04-06-2007, 03:14
THis is probably the wrong thread for this but if it is, I apologize:

Does anybody here know how to install multiple instances of the same program on a single computer os?

That is, I want to try out this EB mod for R:TW. I would also like to have an unmodded version to play and I'd like to try out the R:TR mod as well. So I would like to have three instaces of R:TW on my computer without having to partition my HD and have three os's on the hard drive.

Is there a way to do this, if so, how?

Thanks,

Tynnmahn

Lysander13
04-06-2007, 13:42
All you have to do is make a copy of your RTW Vanilla (original/unmodded) installation. No need for partitioning drives or multiple os. Unless of course you want to partition your drive to just play games on that partitioned drive but that's another story.

To make a copy of your Vanilla RTW installation go into
C:\Program Files\Activision or Creative Assembly\Rome Total War
Here make a copy of your entire RTW folder and you can rename it to whatever you'd like. For example if you are going to install Europa Barbarorum on this copy you can rename it so..or if your installing RTR Platinum you can do so as well. That way when your actually installing the mod you can point the mod's installer to the directory you want to use. You can have multiple copies like this on your HD presuming of course you have the space. There are mods that use the mod switch but for the sake of simplicity i won't get into that.

tynnmahn
04-06-2007, 23:09
Thanks,

I did that, made three copies, one for the regular, one fro EB and one for R:TR and it seems to be working.