PDA

View Full Version : hot seat question

Xtiaan72
04-07-2007, 01:19
Does anyone know if there is a way to play hotseat MTW 2 without having to auto-resolve battles against the AI? I've got the hot seat working but it's not going to be any fun unless I can still fight the AI.

PutCashIn
04-07-2007, 08:44
You can have it half your way, like the rest of life lol.

try the commands here:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=74132&page=4

first post on page 4 by Ceryx.

But, if you defend against the AI, it will overwrite your commands, so only attacking is as per the normal game, defending is a funny click fest fight vs the comp that I never win, probably as its clicking 2.4 billion times a second.

If you suss this out so you can defend normally, I think you'll get ALOT of Kudos here and on other posts :)

Good Luck.

Xtiaan72
04-09-2007, 02:02
Nice post mate, Thanks. It is encouraging that someone got it even half working. Kinda makes you think that the feature was meant to be implemented in the future in the expansion or something.

Didz
04-16-2007, 10:18
The problem is that its pretty unplayable under those circumstances. My son and I attempted a campaign game but the fact that the AI constantly interferes in your defensive battles is really annoying.

Not only does it interfere but it actually interferes to aid its own attack. For example in one castle sally battle it refused to allow any of my sons missile trrops to fire or use skirmish and deliberately fragmented his battle line into small units scattered all over the batllefield so that his attacking forces could take them out peicemeal.

Unless a solution is found to this AI interference then it really isn't an option.