PDA

View Full Version : Mexica Muslims?

Booga
04-10-2007, 01:03
Just a couple simple questions that have been bugging me for a while and wondering if anyone has any answers.

Whenever I reach the New World (which I've done with 4 or 5 different factions now) and fight city battles the Aztec cities are almost always in Muslim architecture, instead of Mesoamerican. Only once were the proper buildings used. Has anyone run into this before, and does anybody know any sort of fix?

On a simpler note, what exactly is the difference between normal and flaming arrows? I know the manual says fire arrows deal more damage but is there anything beyond that, and maybe what situations are ideal for which type?

Thanks in advance for the help :D

Also - the expansion looks incredible. Hopefully CA can pull off all four campaigns, especially the New World. Holy shit indeed.

TevashSzat
04-10-2007, 01:11
Flame arrows do morale damage, but are less accurate

John_Longarrow
04-10-2007, 17:24
Flame arrows also are slower to shoot, something that can be useful when you want to pace your arrow firing but don't want to stop shooting entirely.

JFC
11-28-2007, 17:24
you know what? I am getting this problem too. Infact I have had this problem since I bought this game when it came out. Now fully patched I still have the same daft buildings from the East instead of what should be Aztec architecture.

Any one have any ideas?

Rhyfelwyr
11-28-2007, 19:23
I was a bit dissapointed when I noticed that as well, I don't think its a bug though, mustn't just have been worth making a new set of buildings for one team.

Do they have their own building in Kingdoms?

Zim
11-28-2007, 20:09
I was a bit dissapointed when I noticed that as well, I don't think its a bug though, mustn't just have been worth making a new set of buildings for one team.

Do they have their own building in Kingdoms?

Yep, and they look great. I have no idea why they didn't fix them for vanilla. :inquisitive:

Viking
11-29-2007, 09:58
I think the only time I've ever bothered to cross the sea, the buildings were as supposed to. I'll find some screen shots later. :inquisitive:

JFC
11-29-2007, 10:58
In the Vanilla version, they ( the Aztecs) have their own set of mesoamerican architecture. If you do a single player custom battle, you can have a siege against an Aztec city, so the temples et al are there... However during a grand campaign might as well be in the middle east!

It's frustrating cos I posted this snag prior to the 1.2 patch and nowt has been done. Gah.

https://img167.imageshack.us/img167/1682/cholulapr5.th.jpg (https://img167.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cholulapr5.jpg)

Viking
11-29-2007, 17:24
When I look at my own screenshots I realize that there were these muslim domes present in my campaigns also. :inquisitive:

Shahed
11-29-2007, 17:40
Hmmm, was'nt there already a fix posted for this ? IIRC there was, no bookmarks sadly. Will repost if I find it.

DVX BELLORVM
11-29-2007, 18:22
I think that this bug affects only higher level cities.

JFC
11-30-2007, 15:51
Well that's just typical... D'OH!

Copperknickers
12-01-2007, 11:21
Also, flaming arrows acre away elephants