PDA

View Full Version : Romani ctd

Reno Melitensis
04-19-2007, 21:40
I installed version .81 with the .81a patch. After having a lot of ctd with the Romani in circa 245bce as I pressed the next turn button the game crashed. Next I installed the game again and used the rebel patch. Now I am having another ctd in the year 238bce. I searched in the bugs forum and deleted the map.rwm file. I saved the game and pressed the next turn button, and everything worked well. But as soon as I loaded my saved game again the ctd return. I have deleted the fmap.rwm file more than five times, but the ctd persisted in haunthing my campain. One problem is that when I installed the rebel patch the first time and second time, twice I forgot to delete the map.rwm file, so when I instaled the game again I tried to load my saved game. And in both campains the ctd is happining in dalmatia with the city of Dalminion in flames. Is this a coincidence or a result of the map.rwm file?

P.S. as this is my first post on the giuld I am not allowrd to post links, but here is the number of my saved game 4635883

bovi
04-19-2007, 22:52
You'll get the best stability from starting a new campaign after installing the rebellion CTD fix and deleting map.rwm, but it should work with most ongoing games as well. Note that there is no need to delete map.rwm unless you have made a change to any of the game files, as that file is a compilation of information generated from various other files.

I think you've misunderstood the restriction on the forum. You cannot use attachments with your posts, but you certainly can include a HTTP link in your message text. We'll need your savegame. Also please make sure that you've installed ALL the permanent fixes.

Reno Melitensis
04-20-2007, 07:49
Thanks for the info bovi. in the meantime i will degin a new campain and delete that file.http://www.axifile.com/?5259525

bovi
05-03-2007, 20:04
I've tested your game, the crash can be resolved by using the broader rebellion CTD fix by Marcus :2thumbsup:. It was recently added to the sticky containing fixes.

Reno Melitensis
05-03-2007, 20:55
Thanks Bovi, but I began a new campain with the Romani and so far I am enjoying it. Thx very much Bug hunter.

Cheers