PDA

View Full Version : larger unit settings

jimmy
04-21-2007, 15:20
for some reason [it didnt happen before ] when playing on the largest unit size the game slows right down to were its almost uncontrollable. i never had this problem before and even knocking everything else down to minium settings does not help. is ther any tweaks etc i can do .??

my system is

pentium 4 cpu 3.20 ghz

1.00gb ram

Caius
04-21-2007, 15:34
for some reason [it didnt happen before ] when playing on the largest unit size the game slows right down to were its almost uncontrollable. i never had this problem before and even knocking everything else down to minium settings does not help. is ther any tweaks etc i can do .??

my system is

pentium 4 cpu 3.20 ghz

1.00gb ram
Do u have a video card?

If not, that can be the problem

Cheers

Caius

jimmy
04-21-2007, 15:40
i do but forgot how to access the info to it on my system[wife thrown the box a way]. just run fraps and with 4 full stack armies everything turned down to mininum 1 frame rate per sec it was running took all my time getting out of the game.

jimmy
04-21-2007, 15:50
cards a tornado geforce FX5700

Caius
04-21-2007, 16:10
i do but forgot how to access the info to it on my system[wife thrown the box a way]. just run fraps and with 4 full stack armies everything turned down to mininum 1 frame rate per sec it was running took all my time getting out of the game.
Seems RTW is laggy with more troops, whatever are the pcs are you running.I mean, RTW will run faster if you have a better pc, but that will be useless if you play with much troops.

Remember, when you play RTW, sometimes its good to close programs which are not need.For example, never use an Internet connection when you play.

jimmy
04-21-2007, 16:20
i always disconnect the internet and disable firewall/antivirus software when playing but for some reason before i had it repaired it ran ok[ upto about18000 units] and i also had half a gig less memory then. it runs very laggy now for some reason.??

Third spearman from the left
04-21-2007, 17:29
Do you have windows defender?

If so this could be causing the problem, for some reason it starts running in the background using up CPU.

My games were lagging due to this so I got rid of it and now I have no delays on huge units.

That is the only thing I can think of...

Omanes Alexandrapolites
04-21-2007, 20:49
Hi jimmy,
Perhaps this (http://tw.stratcommandcenter.com/general/tech-guide/) could help you. Good luck, cheers!

jimmy
04-22-2007, 01:47
will just have to play on large units instead of huge