PDA

View Full Version : Gahzette, May 2007 (Released)

sapi
04-30-2007, 09:04
http://users.on.net/~purdsa/Gahzette/gah.jpg

The team here at the Gahzette is pleased to announce the release of our second issue.

For those not in the know, the Gahzette is totalwar.org's official newspaper, and it reports on events in the forums, the TW community at large and pretty much anything else you can think of.

Highlights this issue include:
- regular columns on everything from the Mead Hall to the Gameroom, and then some, covering activities over the previous month
- an interview with Agraes of the Arthurian: Total War modding team
- game reviews
...and much more

If you've got any ideas, comments, suggestions or flames, please leave them in this thread ~;)

This month's issue (http://users.on.net/~purdsa/Gahzette/stats/download.php) NB: The file is loaded via php. You may experience a short delay after confirming the download; this is because the system bypasses the browser and downloads the file automatically. When this is done, click 'ok' or 'open' to view.

Last month's issue (http://users.on.net/~purdsa/Gahzette/Gahzette%20-%20Issue%201.pdf)

sapi
04-30-2007, 09:22
Editor
sapi

Art
Tamur

Reporters
BlackAxe3001
CountArach
Caius Flaminius
Edzymedieval
Frederick_I_Barbarossa
GBB
pevergreen
TinCow
Warmaster Horus

Thanks to
Agraes
GeneralHankerchief

Andres
04-30-2007, 09:22
:jawdrop:

It's much bigger then the previous one!

Great work guys! I'm certainly going to enjoy this one :2thumbsup:

Yun Dog
04-30-2007, 09:42
:2thumbsup:

congratulations on another entertaining edition

and a great read :book:

naut
04-30-2007, 13:07
Wow! Looking forward to reading it. :balloon3:

Edit: Brilliant. :2thumbsup:

Monarch
04-30-2007, 18:16
Very nice. Just one point, I know this is the Org where turd > mp...but it would be nice if you included something about mp in your write up of a non tw game. For instance in Sup Com there is gpg net which is a pretty nice lobby sytem but does have some connectivity issues..

The Spartan (Returns)
04-30-2007, 21:39
ah!!! that was a good read. fantastic work again!!

Sasaki Kojiro
04-30-2007, 22:10
Great!

:balloon2:

The Blind King of Bohemia
04-30-2007, 23:30
I just get a hell of surprise reading the mini mods section - whoever wrote that and put my Alexander mod in there thank you very much! Its amazing how you can make something on the off chance and think that people might like it and it can be regarded so highly. I like to concentrate on my Medieval mods more so getting such praise for the Alexander Mini Mod is very surprising.

So again, whoever wrote it, thanks again.:bow:

Mithrandir
05-01-2007, 00:36
Camels mentioned, thread stickied.

Tran
05-01-2007, 03:26
Four thumbs...nope, two thumbs for that ~;p
:thumbsup: ~:thumb:

Bring back the more colorful rainbow-ish Gahzette like the April edition :jester:
I like colorful magazine, you know...~;)

TevashSzat
05-01-2007, 04:04
I must say, very well done and looks extremely professional. :thumbsup:

Martok
05-01-2007, 04:34
Very nice, guys! Kudos to CountArach for pointing out the natural superiority of camels. ~D

I confess that ironically enough (ironic in the sense that it was a non-TW related article), the part I enjoyed the most was probably the review of SupCom. I was especially amused by the bullet points about the game at the end, where "Control your life" was listed as a negative. :laugh4:

Seriously, though, the Gahzette team is doing a great job. Keep up the good work! :2thumbsup:

Xehh II
05-01-2007, 04:36
Great Issue!:2thumbsup:

CountArach
05-01-2007, 07:36
I knew the public would like the camels :laugh3:

sapi
05-01-2007, 07:37
Thanks everyone :bow:

@Monarch - if you want a focus on MP (and I'm not saying that's a bad thing) then you could always write the articles yourself ~;)

pevergreen
05-01-2007, 08:49
Im sorry my loyal fans, my section was rather short. I do however, promise a bigger one, as I have CN to summerise, a un-random part to write, and much more :grin2:

caravel
05-01-2007, 11:56
I knew the public would like the camels :laugh3:
He gave them camels... and they loved him for it. :rtwyes:

And, after all, what more could they want!? :sultan:

I am honoured that, with all of the quality works in the Mead Hall, Warmaster Horus saw fit to mention my humble effort.

:bow:

Martok
05-02-2007, 00:15
I am honoured that, with all of the quality works in the Mead Hall, Warmaster Horus saw fit to mention my humble effort.

:bow:
Oh don't be so modest. The History of the Insignificantine Empire is Pulitzer material!

Mithrandir
05-02-2007, 11:31
Very well done.

Ofcourse, next issue I expect to see camels again, more and more of them!

sapi
05-02-2007, 11:41
Apparently camel soup tastes nice ~;)

caravel
05-02-2007, 11:49
Is that soup for camels to eat? I hope there's not too many of those beans in there? That made quite a mess last time (ask Andres) :sultan:

Tran
05-02-2007, 11:55
Enough camel talking! We'll start killing them!

Images of dead animals in the below spoiler.

http://www.un.org.pk/latest-dev/afg-gallery2/images/06%2011_9987_13_jpg.jpg

http://www.everestmax.com/images/30_12_camel.jpg

edit: added spoiler tags

naut
05-02-2007, 12:14
Traitor to the .Org! Heretic!

sapi
05-02-2007, 12:37
* waits for Mith to instagibb Tran :laugh4:

Now, :focus: please people ~;)

Tran
05-02-2007, 12:46
That's not all...

Images of dead animals in the below spoiler.

http://www.greenpeace.org/raw/image_full/international/photosvideos/photos/greenpeace-survey-of-gulf-war-2

Here they come...!! :laugh4: :laugh4: :laugh4:

Edit: added spoiler tags

caravel
05-02-2007, 12:46
They have obviosuly fallen in glorious battle. :bow:

The fellow on the bike is Tran, I have sent him to recover the corpses for glorious burial.

:sultan:

Warmaster Horus
05-02-2007, 13:30
Thanks for the compliment Cambyses. Your work really is good, so it was only natural that I'd mention it.
To all the other authors: sorry I did not mention you (yet), but you understand that there are limits to length...
Speaking of length, I was almost afraid we wouldn't have enough material to give to the public.

Subedei
05-02-2007, 14:05
Nice job you guys...

Yes, I loved Wing Commander too!!! Nothing but some cat fighting in space.....

Marcus Cornelius
05-02-2007, 14:34
I just finished reading it and all I have to say is, WOW! Very entertaining! Great job guys!

I was especially amused by the bullet points about the game at the end, where "Control your life" was listed as a negative. Of course, everyone knows "Control your life" is a positive. Sheesh! ~:rolleyes:

YellowMelon
05-02-2007, 16:03
Very nice job guys

But I agree with Monarch. There needs to be a MP section in there. There are tons of tournaments and such going on right now.

Shahed
05-02-2007, 16:09
Great Job on the issue guys !

Hey Mellon you did a great job on the M2TW MP guide you're a good writer, and you seem mature enough !
Why don't you report on the MP, community and developer side ?

The Foolish Horseman
05-02-2007, 18:32
I just get a hell of surprise reading the mini mods section - whoever wrote that and put my Alexander mod in there thank you very much! Its amazing how you can make something on the off chance and think that people might like it and it can be regarded so highly. I like to concentrate on my Medieval mods more so getting such praise for the Alexander Mini Mod is very surprising.

So again, whoever wrote it, thanks again.:bow:

No... Thank You BKB for giving me such a great mod to play. It was an absolute pleasure sir!!

:knight:

Tamur
05-02-2007, 20:31
Hey Mellon you did a great job on the M2TW MP guide you're a good writer, and you seem mature enough !
Why don't you report on the MP, community and developer side ?

*nudge nudge*

The staff we have can't cover everything. We do need someone new to cover MP if it's going to be covered, and agreed, it is a hole that needs to be filled.

Mithrandir
05-03-2007, 14:19
Though I am biased ~;), please do not post more or less shocking pictures like that again. I've added spoilertags to prevent small children from suddenly looking at dead animals.

I agree that a report on MP tournaments could be a welcome addition ~:).

Gregoshi
05-06-2007, 06:36
:2thumbsup: Excellent work to all! That was a great read.

Severous
05-06-2007, 07:35
Hi. Interesting and worth a few mins of any players time.

TinCow....your PBM article had most interest for me. If you start any RTW or BI successions make sure you find me.

Fußball
05-06-2007, 08:14
:2thumbsup: Excellent work to all! That was a great read.

Seconded. A good and entertaining read. Looking forward to checking out the first issue and awaiting the third! :2thumbsup:

Tschüß!
Erich

Ianofsmeg16
05-07-2007, 15:23
Hi guys!

It sorta brings a tear to my eye to see the gah-zette still going and successfull...although i must change my signature cos i'm not really the editor anymore am i?

I just read the article and it was fantastic..almost makes me wanna rejoin..

I now officially consider myself a dedicated fan :D

Myrddraal
05-07-2007, 17:31
Hello Ianofsmeg16, haven't seen you around in a while :bow:

Warmaster Horus
05-07-2007, 18:57
Thanks for your comments Ian.
I think there's always a room for you at the Gahzette, if you want to join. Though you'd have to ask sapi.

gardibolt
05-07-2007, 23:09
Good issue. More on the PBMs would have been welcome--I've never tried one and would like to hear more.

An intro to the Mafia game section would have been useful because I have no idea what that was all about. :dizzy2:

TinCow
05-07-2007, 23:49
Good issue. More on the PBMs would have been welcome--I've never tried one and would like to hear more.

More in what sense? I haven't done the next article yet, so if you have opinions on what you'd like it to include, I'll do my best to work it in.

pevergreen
05-08-2007, 01:39
An intro to the Mafia game section would have been useful because I have no idea what that was all about. :dizzy2:
There you go sapi, that will teach you not to veto my stuff.

Next issue will be good for new mafia players, but PM me with exactly what you wanted, and i'll put it in there as well.

sapi
05-08-2007, 13:28
Hi guys!

It sorta brings a tear to my eye to see the gah-zette still going and successfull...although i must change my signature cos i'm not really the editor anymore am i?

I just read the article and it was fantastic..almost makes me wanna rejoin..

I now officially consider myself a dedicated fan :D:grin2:

We could always find a place for you if you have the time - stress free contributions and all that *starts sales pitch ~;)

Thanks for your comments Ian.
I think there's always a room for you at the Gahzette, if you want to join. Though you'd have to ask sapi.Of course.

You can't bypass the supreme dictator editor, can you? ~:P

And if pever had got a legible contribution in on time there would have been one :idea2:

I'm sure there'll be one next issue (and if he forgets, I'll do it)

pevergreen
05-09-2007, 00:00
:laugh4: It was......rushed to say the least.