PDA

View Full Version : structures NOT getting repaired

neoiq5719
04-30-2007, 17:08
Does anyone have a clue why certain structures are not getting repaired?
In the town Gawjam-kimboz or whatever the name is, a took it over, put the provisional military goverment under repair but it stayed like that for turns and turns and turns .... and nothing and it suppossed to get repaired right away. Also many of the realms of the Sweboz went thru the same problem. Any idea about it?
thx

pezhetairoi
04-30-2007, 17:18
I don't think you're supposed to repair it, you're supposed to demolish it and build one of your own. The script has a line that automatically sets whatever government building's in there to a health of 0 if it's not your own. Or so I think. Really smart and good anti-cheating procedure so you can't just pick up from the neighbour's governments and get instant access to his units through his MICs straightaway. It makes you rebuild an MIC and government from scratch before you can get anything recruited there. I like.

Foot
04-30-2007, 17:27
I don't think you're supposed to repair it, you're supposed to demolish it and build one of your own. The script has a line that automatically sets whatever government building's in there to a health of 0 if it's not your own. Or so I think. Really smart and good anti-cheating procedure so you can't just pick up from the neighbour's governments and get instant access to his units through his MICs straightaway. It makes you rebuild an MIC and government from scratch before you can get anything recruited there. I like.

Thats entirely correct. You are repairing it, but it gets damaged every turn.

EDIT: MICs are no longer designed to be destroyed, you cannot use MICs that you don't share with another faction, but if there a MIC you can use, you are not meant to destroy it but use it.

Foot

pezhetairoi
04-30-2007, 17:39
if there a MIC you can use, you are not meant to destroy it but use it.

Foot

But of course; but the chances of that happening for quite a significant number of factions is few and far between. The only example I've had so far of being able to pick up on regional levies straightaway was as Baktria taking over management of AS provinces.

Foot
04-30-2007, 17:44
But of course; but the chances of that happening for quite a significant number of factions is few and far between. The only example I've had so far of being able to pick up on regional levies straightaway was as Baktria taking over management of AS provinces.

Casse, Aedui and Arverni all share Factional and regional MICs.

Hayasdan and Pontos share Factional and Regional MICs.

Epeiros and either Makedonia or KH (I can't remember) are the same.

Rare?

Foot

Watchman
04-30-2007, 17:51
Didn't Getai and Sweboz also share at least the Regional MICs ?

Ludens
04-30-2007, 18:42
KH. Also Sweboz and Getai share factional MICs, and my Casse been able to use Sweboz regionals as well.

Intranetusa
04-30-2007, 19:30
Actually, I have many cities that have multiple functioning government buildings.

I'm playing as Romans, and in Gallic cities I have lvl 1 Gallic government buildings and lvl 2 Roman government buildings, both fully repaired. In Sparta, I have like 4 government buildings, Greeks, Macedonians, Epierots, and mine.

I think this is a glitch cuz the AI doesn't destroy government buildings when they conquer cities but build new ones.

Ower
04-30-2007, 19:32
but you can"t recruit i those mics.

Intranetusa
04-30-2007, 19:45
Actually, I meant government buildings, not MICs...I'll go back and edit my post.

The Errant
04-30-2007, 19:47
I think the closer an enemy culture is to your own the greater the chance their MIC will work for you. Romans share their MIC with the Epirotes, Eastern Greeks like Baktria, AS and Ptolies have one. The neighboring states of Hayasdan and Pontos share theirs and so on.
The Sabyn share theirs with the Carthies who resemble them mostly in general culture. The Celtic factions of Gaul and Briton do the same. That's why they can recruit from eachothers MIC's.
It also presents a problem when your neighbor comes to call. If his culture is similar he can churn out good troops from a settlement he conquered from you, where you spent valuable mnai to upgrade your MIC.

Foot
04-30-2007, 19:54
I think the closer an enemy culture is to your own the greater the chance their MIC will work for you. Romans share their MIC with the Epirotes, Eastern Greeks like Baktria, AS and Ptolies have one. The neighboring states of Hayasdan and Pontos share theirs and so on.
The Sabyn share theirs with the Carthies who resemble them mostly in general culture. The Celtic factions of Gaul and Briton do the same. That's why they can recruit from eachothers MIC's.
It also presents a problem when your neighbor comes to call. If his culture is similar he can churn out good troops from a settlement he conquered from you, where you spent valuable mnai to upgrade your MIC.

Romans don't share their MIC with anyone. Regional MICs are done by culture. Everyone in the barbarian culture group use the same regional MIC. Everyone in the eastern culture group use the same regional MIC, etc.

Foot

MarcusAureliusAntoninus
04-30-2007, 21:08
First off, all Governments are to be destroyed when you take a settlement. Don't repair any government (unless you built it, then lost the town, then retook it).

The AI cannot destroy buildings or disband units. They just cannot. There is also no script command to remove a building. So, when a settlement is taken, the script damages (most of the time) the government building 100% so it won't get bonuses and as a signal to tear it down. If the AI takes a settlement, they will get a new government automatically placed (but all previous governments will remain in the settlement, just damaged).

Not being able to repair governments is somewhat of a bug. When more than one of the same building type exsist in one town, the game gets confused. In these cases you can only repair the newest building of that type. Works excellently with the EB government system. To repair a government building that is causing problems, destroy all other governments in that town then add the one (the last one) to the repair queue.

If there are multiple governments in a town and then you either tear down all but one, and add it to the repair queue; or tear them all down and add a subjugation to the build queue... Then you use the "process_cq" cheat, the game will be confused buy the recently destroyed governments and CTD. Another reason not to cheat...

Teleklos Archelaou
04-30-2007, 21:08
Always always always destroy the enemy government buildings when you take a province. Don't repair them. Build your own government, don't repair a Baktrian satrapy or a Carthaginian colony or a Greek tyrant government when that's not how your faction operates.

Watchman
04-30-2007, 21:50
Is it legit to repair your own faction's gov type if one happens to be present for whatever reason, though ?

MarcusAureliusAntoninus
04-30-2007, 21:59
Is it legit to repair your own faction's gov type if one happens to be present for whatever reason, though ?
Only if you built it. If it was there already, that was the government put in place by the rebels. You need to set up your own government.

Watchman
04-30-2007, 22:01
Fair enough.

MarcusAureliusAntoninus
04-30-2007, 22:06
It's all house rules, though. You can choose to bend the rule if you want...

Centurio Nixalsverdrus
04-30-2007, 22:16
Hmmm, interesting.

Getai bribed Naissos from me, which was a Satrapy before, and the government became 100% destroyed. Later I reconquered it, destroyed their government, but then built a military authority and afterwards a Type 4 government, because I wanted to have my Taxeis Triballoi.~;) The Satrapy remained there, damaged, and I thought, "hey, later on I can reestablish my Satrapy in one turn only".

Now is that wrong? Because I have a CTD occuring the last 5 or 6 turns, but I can get past it when the script is NOT turned on. Might be the reason? On the other hand, the CTD is always occuring in the AS' turn.

A hint on that would be much appreciated.~:)

MarcusAureliusAntoninus
04-30-2007, 22:20
Hmmm, interesting.

Getai bribed Naissos from me, which was a Satrapy before, and the government became 100% destroyed. Later I reconquered it, destroyed their government, but then built a military authority and afterwards a Type 4 government, because I wanted to have my Taxeis Triballoi.~;) The Satrapy remained there, damaged, and I thought, "hey, later on I can reestablish my Satrapy in one turn only".

Now is that wrong? Because I have a CTD occuring the last 5 or 6 turns, but I can get past it when the script is NOT turned on. Might be the reason? On the other hand, the CTD is always occuring in the AS' turn.

A hint on that would be much appreciated.~:)
That CTD is not related to the government. You only get a crash related to multiple government buildings the exact moment when you hit enter from the "process_cq" cheat.

Centurio Nixalsverdrus
04-30-2007, 22:40
OK. Now doesn't it somehow negate the benefits of the EB Script if the AI constantly plays its turns with the script disabled?

Could the permanent fixes also help with a 0.81 campaign?

MarcusAureliusAntoninus
05-01-2007, 02:38
OK. Now doesn't it somehow negate the benefits of the EB Script if the AI constantly plays its turns with the script disabled?

Could the permanent fixes also help with a 0.81 campaign?
Yes, when the script is turned off there are definately problems for the AI. Mainly no money and if they take a town they don't get a government placed. Since they don't know how to understand the government system, that particular town can be temporarily/permenently crippled and worthless (as far as recruitment goes).

All of the fixes are made for 081a. I don't think they would work if applied to a 081 campaign. The only outstanding bug is the rebelling city CTD. Try looking for my old fix adapted by fallen for 081 in the unofficial mod section. Or upgrade to 081a...

pezhetairoi
05-01-2007, 10:21
Casse, Aedui and Arverni all share Factional and regional MICs.

Hayasdan and Pontos share Factional and Regional MICs.

Rare?

Foot

Okay, that explains it. I've only played as: Getai, Makedonia, Baktria and Romani. Explains a lot indeed...

atheotes
05-01-2007, 16:00
In one of the settlements i see 2 provisional military goverments avaialble to be uilt... if i build both i get 2 sets of goverment buildings in the list of avaialble buildings (i see 2 each of types I II III and IV governments)... i am trying to remember what happened... i did teardown a govt bldg and built hte single turn provisional govt... in the next turn i noticed another govt bldg and tore it down... it gave me the option to build a seci=ond provisional govt!!!
Did this happen bcos there were 2 govt types in that settlement when i captured it (possible bcos it was held previouslt by 2 different factions?)

Centurio Nixalsverdrus
05-01-2007, 17:55
Yes, when the script is turned off there are definately problems for the AI. Mainly no money and if they take a town they don't get a government placed. Since they don't know how to understand the government system, that particular town can be temporarily/permenently crippled and worthless (as far as recruitment goes).

All of the fixes are made for 081a. I don't think they would work if applied to a 081 campaign. The only outstanding bug is the rebelling city CTD. Try looking for my old fix adapted by fallen for 081 in the unofficial mod section. Or upgrade to 081a...
:no: :no: :no: Your old fix didn't work. I don't think it has to do with a rebelling city. I've sent spies to the seleucid-occupied cities of egypt for years, with script on, and the citiey rebelled back to Ptolemaioi, but the game never crashed.

MarcusAureliusAntoninus
05-01-2007, 21:15
:no: :no: :no: Your old fix didn't work. I don't think it has to do with a rebelling city. I've sent spies to the seleucid-occupied cities of egypt for years, with script on, and the citiey rebelled back to Ptolemaioi, but the game never crashed.
Well, if it isn't rebelling city related, and I doubt it is script caused (though obviously related in some way to the script); then it is either trait caused, somehow corrupted data, or just one of those bugs that were present in vanilla and become more common due to EB complexity. Maybe try deleting the map.rwm. For the most part, the only advise I can give is to upgrade to 081a... sorry...

Centurio Nixalsverdrus
05-02-2007, 01:19
Well, if it isn't rebelling city related, and I doubt it is script caused (though obviously related in some way to the script); then it is either trait caused, somehow corrupted data, or just one of those bugs that were present in vanilla and become more common due to EB complexity. Maybe try deleting the map.rwm. For the most part, the only advise I can give is to upgrade to 081a... sorry...
Deleting map.rwm, wouldn't that kill my campaign? Hmmm, can I back up my map.rwm, and when deleting doesn't work, restore it hoping the CTD will disappear once? (And later upgrade to 0.81a, when I feel I'm through with my current campaign?)

Intranetusa
05-02-2007, 01:29
Right now, I'm playing as Romans and I have a lvl 1 government building from Adeui (undamaged). Should I destroy it or should I keep it so I can get high lvl MIC regional/factional units?

Spoofa
05-02-2007, 01:39
destroy it, it will keep getting damaged everyround no matter how much you try to repair it, plus you cant get units from them anyway, in the Unit txt file (the exact name escapes me) the units are restricted to certain factions, this combined with the faction specific governments makes it impossible for you to get them without modding the files.

Intranetusa
05-02-2007, 01:46
destroy it, it will keep getting damaged everyround no matter how much you try to repair it, plus you cant get units from them anyway, in the Unit txt file (the exact name escapes me) the units are restricted to certain factions, this combined with the faction specific governments makes it impossible for you to get them without modding the files.

ACtually, it's fine every round...it doesn't get damaged at all.
For some of my cities, I have multiple government buildings. In Cornith, I have 1 Roman lvl 3 govt building, 1 Roman lvl 2 govt building, and 1 Maecdonian lvl 3 building...all undamaged

Spoofa
05-02-2007, 02:01
either way, you wont be able to access the units enless your faction is allowed to in the txt file, so it is pointless to keep them when you have the ability to create romani units.

Watchman
05-02-2007, 02:04
Deleting map.rwm, wouldn't that kill my campaign?No. That file is extremely expendable, and a new one will simply be created to fill the void once you load a campaign (be it savegame or a new one). It may take the game some extra loading time to generate it, but that's it.

MarcusAureliusAntoninus
05-02-2007, 06:13
ACtually, it's fine every round...it doesn't get damaged at all.
For some of my cities, I have multiple government buildings. In Cornith, I have 1 Roman lvl 3 govt building, 1 Roman lvl 2 govt building, and 1 Maecdonian lvl 3 building...all undamaged
The script will only damage government buildings once. It will damage Polybian MICs every turn though. And the script will not damage the government if you take the town diplomatically or wait until they give up from a seige (and don't sally forth). TEAR DOWN ALL GOVERNMENT BUILDINGS. Once you take a town tear them all down no matter what condition they are in. If you do not it is cheating.

Having a type1 government in an area that doesn't have a homeland won't help. All it will do will allow you to build a L5 MIC. And since recruitment is based on regions, the L5 MIC in that area won't have anything for your faction. You will actually be hurting yourself by not allowing as much regional units.

No. That file is extremely expendable, and a new one will simply be created to fill the void once you load a campaign (be it savegame or a new one). It may take the game some extra loading time to generate it, but that's it.
Second.

Centurio Nixalsverdrus
05-02-2007, 19:59
Thanks guys, but deleting map.rwm didn't work either. :no:

Centurio Nixalsverdrus
05-06-2007, 01:23
The "Tuat Celtiberian Alliance" fix did it!:cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

Btw, I spied out Tuat with toggle_fow, and there were about fourty buildings called "Victory (Western Greek). The descriptions say "Warning - this should never appear". Well, I am Makedonia and I conquered about fourty provinces so far - is that the reason? Or is it just a weird thing due to my crude v0.81 build with all the different fixes (also typo fix and Rebel City fix for 0.81) I tried out?

Atilius
05-06-2007, 02:50
Well, I am Makedonia and I conquered about fourty provinces so far - is that the reason? No, just a coincidence. The crash is caused by going over the per settlement building limit.