PDA

View Full Version : Got RTW:BI a few days ago.. need some help please

ForgotMyOldNick
05-06-2007, 03:04
Hi all! Quick thanks to all for this forum. Now here is my problem:

I used to have all my resource links for RTW etc and rarely needed to ask for help but I have since lost them as I have only recently gotten back into the game after a lot of shuffling of data etc for work, reformatting, and in the chaos lost all my links :( also a project I was working on for this forum too :((

Anyway, I wandered past a shop selling pc games and got Barbarian Invasion! Wow it's fun too. Can't believe I didn't get it way back then...So, here is what I need help with and I greatly appreciate your time in this:

1. Are the factions in Barbarian Invasion unlockable? And if so where can I get the text file? I think it has changed from what I used to do with RTW.

2. I forget how to install different versions of my copy of RTW for using all the
mods I want to. For instance RTW Realism mod Needs RTW 1.3 I think and I can't install a second version of RTW for that. The installer wont let me... I am not good at doing version installs There was a post once but I have since lost the link...

3. I downloaded the FourthAge total war mod last night and am very impressed. Are there other mods like this for ME genre? as I would really like to play the elves

4. Is there a list somewhere of mods purley for RTW:BI ?

5. Please feel free to post any links to resources/posts here or at TWC (anywhere for that matter) for RTW / RTW:BI that you think are invaluable. I might have had them once too :(

Please note: I am grateful for the RTW links in sticky at this thread but I can't find links that address these issues I am having.

Thanks again all and have a great day!

Kuni
05-06-2007, 03:48
1. No, you don't need to complete a campaign game anymore to unlock factions. yay! haha

4. Yes:

The Guild > Links and Downloads Manager > Total War Files > Rome Total War > Mod Downloads >

I was also hesitant about picking up Barbarian Invasion, since RTW was so fun to play. But I was and still am very glad I picked it up. Good luck, and have fun.

ForgotMyOldNick
05-06-2007, 04:00
1. No, you don't need to complete a campaign game anymore to unlock factions. yay! haha

4. Yes:

The Guild > Links and Downloads Manager > Total War Files > Rome Total War > Mod Downloads >

I was also hesitant about picking up Barbarian Invasion, since RTW was so fun to play. But I was and still am very glad I picked it up. Good luck, and have fun.

"The Guild > Links and Downloads Manager > Total War Files > Rome Total War > Mod Downloads > "

Ta! :)

"1. No, you don't need to complete a campaign game anymore to unlock factions. yay! haha"

I am not sure about this one. These seems to be only a few factions to play for me. Can a text file be altered or something to unlock the other factions?

Thanks for your reply Kuni you have saved me heaps of time.:2thumbsup:

ForgotMyOldNick
05-06-2007, 04:06
Found it...

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=57734

:) !!!!!!!!!

Omanes Alexandrapolites
05-06-2007, 08:17
Hi ForgotMyOldNick,

2. I forget how to install different versions of my copy of RTW for using all the mods I want to. For instance RTW Realism mod Needs RTW 1.3 I think and I can't install a second version of RTW for that. The installer wont let me... I am not good at doing version installs There was a post once but I have since lost the link...Good news! 1.2 is required for R:TR Gold Edition, but it's not required for it's port to 1.5 - R:TR Platinum. So you can still play R:TR without messing about with the registry.

To play R:TR Platinum, first you need to download the 1.5/1.6 patch for R:TW/BI. You can find it here (http://games.softpedia.com/get/Patch/Rome-Total-War-Barbarian-Invasion-16-Patch.shtml). Then you need to download R:TR Platinum Edition from this location (http://files.filefront.com/RTRPE_v18_Full_Installzip/;6730343;;/fileinfo.html). Simply follow the installation instructions and let it do it's magic! After you have done that you have to delete the map.rwm file found in "C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\data\world\maps\base". Then you can simply play away!

3. I downloaded the FourthAge total war mod last night and am very impressed. Are there other mods like this for ME genre? as I would really like to play the elvesSorry, yet may I ask you what the ME genre is?

Hope this helps, sorry I can't answer question three, cheers!

Kuni
05-06-2007, 09:06
sorry about the mix-up in question #1, btw. I should have inferred you were talking about unlocking the nonplayable factions, my bad! and you're welcome!

Omanes Alexandrapolites
05-06-2007, 11:54
BTW, I forgot to add a link to this useful guide (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=38382). Probably the definative source for R:TW/BI related information. Hope it helps.