PDA

View Full Version : ok, the reforms

devdev142
05-06-2007, 07:27
Ive just made it past my first reforms and I was wondering what exactly happens when you have each reform, like retraining and recruiting.

MarcusAureliusAntoninus
05-06-2007, 07:36
Nothing changes until you upgrade your barracks. Once you do (for that particular settlement), you can train the new set up units and no longer retrain your old units.

devdev142
05-06-2007, 08:01
arent i to be able to recruit all romani troops in all citiees, when and what is that , and how should it work, what reform.

MarcusAureliusAntoninus
05-06-2007, 08:40
You can only recruit Roman units like this:
Camilian : First 5 plus Segesta
Polybian : "Homeland" locations (Italy)
Marian : Just about everywhere with "Subjugation"
Augustian : all "Subjugation" areas

So, basically, you have to wait for the Marian Reforms to build "Roman" units outside of Italia.

I of the Storm
05-07-2007, 12:30
Questions like that seem to arise weekly, it seems to me. Although the Romani reforms are described in the FAQ, it might be useful to extract the reform part into some sort of "All you ever wanted to know but never dared to ask about roman reforms"-thread and have the mods sticky it since people hardly seem to read the FAQ.

Just a suggestion...

Philippus Flavius Homovallumus
05-07-2007, 12:49
To be honest I don't think people would read that either.

I of the Storm
05-07-2007, 12:57
:laugh4:

Not even if it's called "Romani Reforms" in big red blinking letters?

Oh well, nevermind...

Sdragon
05-07-2007, 13:15
I got a question on the reforms. I got the first one fine but the script freaked out at 200BC and I can't use it any more or else the game crashes. Its coming on time for the Augustus reforms here and I still don't have Marian reforms yet. Is there a way I can trigger the next reform or technically do it by adding buildings manually to all the towns?

Philippus Flavius Homovallumus
05-07-2007, 19:57
If you're not using the script then the EB part of your game is basically dead, you're just playing RTW.

I'd abandon that game.

LorDBulA
05-07-2007, 20:08
Yep, there is no point to continue EB withought EBBS (script) for more then few turns.

Centurio Nixalsverdrus
05-07-2007, 21:30
I got a question on the reforms. I got the first one fine but the script freaked out at 200BC and I can't use it any more or else the game crashes. Its coming on time for the Augustus reforms here and I still don't have Marian reforms yet. Is there a way I can trigger the next reform or technically do it by adding buildings manually to all the towns?
I'd try some of the script-related fixes. The "Tuat Celtiberian Alliance" fix got me past a CTD possibly similar to yours.

Sdragon
05-07-2007, 21:55
Its not that bad without the script. A couple puny factions fell off the map shortly after the money stoped. The rest of them are supper powers and are throwing around massive stacks anyway. Was playing for about 300 turns or so, so I don't want to just quit when I'm so far, the game is still enjoyable. Scriptless EB is better than other mods I've played anyway.

MarcusAureliusAntoninus
05-07-2007, 22:59
But the reforms are part of the script. If you don't play with the script, there is absolutely no way to have a reform...

(Plus the AI unit recruitment is screwed up.)

Sdragon
05-08-2007, 05:52
Doesn't the scipt handle reforms by placing a reform building and breaking the old barricks? Never really noticed the AI recruitment problem, they seem to be doing fine still.

MarcusAureliusAntoninus
05-08-2007, 06:27
They have problems in cities that they take while the script is deactivated. Without the script, they don't get the correct government placed. And, therefore, it takes a long time for them to build a government (which is required before they can build MICs). And if/when they build a government, it seems to always be a Level 3, even if it is a homeland and limited factional MICs means no good units.