PDA

View Full Version : How to get pictures

King of Kings
05-07-2007, 20:11
Hi first of i need help on how to put pictures in a post.I can take pictures i got loads i need to know how to put them in a post help plz!
:medievalcheers:

GeneralHankerchief
05-08-2007, 00:52
Well, you need to upload them to an image provider so you can post them here. Imageshack and Photobucket are both good, and they're free too. :2thumbsup: I use Photobucket myself.

Omanes Alexandrapolites
05-08-2007, 07:20
Hi King of Kings,
To upload through the supreme ImageShack first you have to find the handy tool-bar within the Org - scroll down to find it while posting:
https://img368.imageshack.us/img368/7599/imageshack1ak8.gif

Simply click the browse button and go hunting for that file within your system!

Click "host it" and away you go, be patient, because imageshack is so large it could take up to about thirty seconds during high activity depending on the file size.

Next double click on the text which reads "Hotlink for forums one" or "Thumbnail for forums one", right click and press copy and then paste it into the Org. If you use high screen resolutions and are not using the thumbnails, then I recommend, for the benefit of the Org's poor dial-up users who suffer with slow connections, that you place your image in tags.

Hope this helps you, cheers!

King of Kings
05-08-2007, 15:48
Thanks Omanes im really pleased i know now once again thanks.

guineawolf
05-12-2007, 09:59
i press print screen on RTW campaign map,how do i get them?i mean where they store?

and how do i get world map to upload here?:oops:

bugrit
05-12-2007, 11:51
i press print screen on RTW campaign map,how do i get them?i mean where they store? Your pic will be on the clpboard.

Open Paint and select Edit->Paste (or Ctrl+V) to transfer the clipboard contents and you will see your screenshot in Paint. Now go to File->Save as... and save your pic to disc. The default format is BMP but you will probably want to save it as a JPG.

The routine is similar for other graphics programs.

guineawolf
05-12-2007, 13:24
EHHH......there is no option of PASTE....:dizzy2:

Omanes Alexandrapolites
05-12-2007, 14:09
Hi guineawolf,
Your shotted pictures will be stored in the .tga format in "C:\Program Files\Activsion\Rome - Total War\tgas". Unfortunately, before hosting them here, you need to install a piece of software to convert them. Although Infranview (http://www.irfanview.com/) is the most popular, other programs can be found by simply searching google for tga converter. Open them up using your selected program and change them to either ".jpg", ".jpeg" ".png", ".gif" ".bmp", ".tif", ".tiff" or ".swf" to be able to host them on ImageShack.

After you have done that simply follow my instructions in the first post to host your images.

Hope this helps, cheers!

guineawolf
05-12-2007, 15:13
Hi guineawolf,
Your shotted pictures will be stored in the .tga format in "C:\Program Files\Activsion\Rome - Total War\tgas". Unfortunately, before hosting them here, you need to install a piece of software to convert them. Although Infranview (http://www.irfanview.com/) is the most popular, other programs can be found by simply searching google for tga converter. Open them up using your selected program and change them to either ".jpg", ".jpeg" ".png", ".gif" ".bmp", ".tif", ".tiff" or ".swf" to be able to host them on ImageShack.

After you have done that simply follow my instructions in the first post to host your images.

Hope this helps, cheers!
nothing in "C:\Program Files\Activsion\Rome - Total War\DATA\tgas folder,just to makesure,that mine is RTW 1.1.....
shortcut key in F1 is prtsrn,that is printscreen right?and i oredi press it for a couple times in a battle of greek campaign.and 2 to 3 time for another battle to show my greek army battleline(with motive to test the printscreen,so i can post my battle stories to you guys too)

but i only found 1 tga file at "C:\Program Files\Activsion\Rome - Total War\tga,that tga is a file:
filename=ambush_output_shapes
file type=ACDSee 8.0 TGA Image

Omanes Alexandrapolites
05-12-2007, 20:42
Hmm, that's quite strange. If the standard inbuilt screenie function isn't working, then perhaps FRAPS (http://www.fraps.com/) may be able to help you. I, think, based upon what it says on their site, that it has the capacity to take screenshots and save them, but I've never tried it, so I'm sorry to say that I cannot be sure.