PDA

View Full Version : The wise and the dumb-A Greek AAR

Caeser The III
05-07-2007, 23:57
hey guys,well, in my previous threads, ive never really finished one sadly.~:mecry: I've played the greeks before, there good too, so im hoping their intelligents will help m.:tomato:

Chapters
-The Rise
-attack on Syracuse
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
(noticed i havent writen down any chapters,I will write em down when i do a chapter)

Celt Centurion
05-08-2007, 07:39
You may want to try the Extended Greek Mod. (XGM)

I'm presently playing as Macedon in it, and it's really cool. A few hours ago, I actually beat some Spartan Phalangists by taking Sparta.

The Greek Cities, (formerly allies) betrayed me and attacked one of my cities.

I immediately assembled an army of 4 heavy infantry, two slingers, and one cavalry, and besieged Sparta.

Those rascals sallied immediately! While their Spartan Phalangists, and Spartan Royal Guard chased my slingers in two different directions, I tried to engage them with my HI. I also sent a siege tower manned by hoplites to the wall. The HI that I sent to engage the Spartans got their butts kicked, but the slingers kept their distance and the Spartans pursued them. The hoplites on the siege tower secured the nearest gate, and then started running around the perimeter securing the towers. I dashed my cavalry in and to the town square as the only opposition past the gate was towers I'd not yet secured.

3 minutes on the square, the Spartans were still chasing my slingers.

Continue, or end battle?

Well, let me see.

End battle!

Those Spartans are tough, and they have silver armor!

Strength and Honor

Celt Centurion

Strength and Honor

Celt Centurion

Caeser The III
05-12-2007, 16:40
Chapter 1:The Rise

The greeks were alredy a pretty big empire in 270B.C. but they still wanted to expand it more. At the time also, there were a lot of rebel provinces that the greeks could simply just bribe. The Greek had a royal family of 5, Kleomenes of Sparta the faction leader, and his four other sons,Dionysios of Sparta the faction heir,Antigonos,Eumenes, and Memnon. The capital,Sparta.
At the begining of 270B.C., Kleomenes ordered a diplomat to be recruited in Sparta and pergamum to take the nearby rebel settlements. In the middle of the year the diplomat were already recruited and ready for bribeing. Meanwhile, Kleomenes was constructing a City Barracks in Sparta, a Barracks in Thermon, and a milita barracks in pergamum and Syracuse. Last, the diplomats are on their way to, Athens,Nicomedia, and Halicarnassus.
In 269B.C. the barracks was comple in Thermon, the diplomat, Castor of Elis has bribed the Nicomedia for only about D6600, and a hoplite unit was trained in Sparta. Last, Quintus Scipio of the Scipii family is sieging Syracuse.
The middle of the year, a Diplomat had taken the settlement Ancyra, another had bribed and army and got a army of, 3 hoplites units and two ranging units. Meanwhile, a unit of hoplite had been recruited in sparta, a shrine of Athena in nicomedia, and a militia Barracks in Pergamum.
In 268B.C., a lot of thing happened. Sparta had construted a City barracks, a Practice range in Rhodes, a wooden palisade in pergamum and nicomedia. Ancyra had been take by the gauls somehow, hoplites recruited in Sparta. Meanwhile, Kleomenes and army marched out of sparta and beseiged Cornith, and sent his army by Halicarnssus to go seige Sardis, a diplomat bribed a Macedonian army.
In the middle of 268B.C. Syracuse was finally out of seige and attacked.

Caeser The III
05-12-2007, 17:10
Chapter 2:Attack on Syracuse

The Romans had had 4 units of Hastati 2 Roman genarals, 1 of archers and 1 of veltites.They also had a seige tower, 2 ladder units and 1 ram. the genaral of the greek forces ordered them to form a box around the gate so they couldn't get in. he archers and the veltites were on the walls, and the genaral and 1 unit of hoplite secured the towers.
Then the Roman comenced attack. The archers were showering down the laddermen while seige tower was moving toward the left dide of the wall were there were no units and a ladder unit. A ram reach the gate and started attacking it and the range units were pretty much in scirmich. ladder men had beached the right wall and were attk my range units, and the ram rammed down the gate.
by the look of it the greeks were winning.
They won.
casultys them 508 us 245