PDA

View Full Version : Looking for mods and help with mods.

Mad_BOB
05-10-2007, 15:35
Ahoy there. I'm looking to mod my game, but i'm kinda new to it, and was wondering if you guys could point me in the direction of some mods or tutorials that would provide what i'm after.

The most important thing is AI - it would be nice if it actually kept to alliances, would sign cease fires, etc, generally more realistically, and fight wars more realistically (fight a couple of battles, take a few settlements, and then offer peace, rather than always insisting on fighting to the death or near-death).

Would also like to get some titles going for my characters, have a realistic map with lots (200+) of provinces with cities starting at realistic sizes (eg, constantinople a huge city, london and paris at least minor cities), slower population growth, make trade in cities more profitable (to give a more realistic division between cities and castles), take out the conversions of fortress and citadel to cities, but give them some more city-style stuff, and add some extra factions.

I know there are mods out there that do some of this, and also that some of it is relatively easy to do, so i'm not asking you to do it all for me (tho that would be nice q-:) just to point me where to go :beam:
Thanks in advance.

FactionHeir
05-10-2007, 17:54
As for the first point, 1.02 is supposed to achieve just that. You could help it out slightly by modding the faction_standing file so that you get/lose more global rep points when performing a given action.

Point 2 you can do by modding your descr_strat I think and descr_settlement_mechanics and descr_buildings.
Extra factions, you probably want to look at some existing mods (which change a lot more than that though)

fenir
05-12-2007, 14:10
Well first, get some tools and have a play, read the tutorial on adding provinces/regions. Start off with the easy stuff and work your way up.
It doesn't take long to get to grips with most of it, good way to see what you can and can't do.

Remember, read the tutorials, both here at .org, and on the TWC. There is lots of good infomation.

TOOLS: I recommend BMTWTS_04192007 over on the TWC forums download page.
Descip Strat, unit and regions.txt and region.tga (maps)
To be honest, i only just found it last week, works real well. So i have given up doing it by hand.

fenir